Total Posts:473|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Beginners' Mafia 39.2: DP1

bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 4:50:20 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
THE DP SET UP

https://docs.google.com...

LIVING PLAYERS

Cotton
Afism
Disc
Saph
Hoppi
Tej
Midnight
101
Rev
Wylted

With 10 players alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch.
The DP ends at 11:00am, DDO time, on 7/31/15.


Good luck!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
tejretics
Posts: 6,080
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 4:57:20 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Proud to be the first poster!

I think we should stick with the opening plan we had last game. We pressure the strongest and most experienced players, so as to secure their positions fast -- we need to protect them if they're town, and lynch them fast if they're scum. Wylted doesn't really respond to pressure, so lynching him is futile.

As such, I propose we pressure the best players. The last game, Saph and AFism both played amazingly well. Saph completely manipulated all the town, and I have to say, I'm very impressed by her. AFism spearheaded the town, as always. They're among the best players here. Therefore, I propose we pressure them first to gain some intuitive info, and then read them accordingly, so we can ensure a town win this time.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
tejretics
Posts: 6,080
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 5:06:08 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
SIDENOTE

It would be good if each player links two previous games of theirs, one in which they were town, and one in which they were mafia. This would allow us an easier analysis.

MY GAMES

Beginners' Mafia, 39.1 - as Town

DP1: http://www.debate.org...
DP2: http://www.debate.org...
DP3: http://www.debate.org...
ENDGAME: http://www.debate.org...

Beginners' Mafia, 38.3 - as Mafia

DP1: http://www.debate.org...
DP2: http://www.debate.org...
DP3: http://www.debate.org...
ENDGAME: http://www.debate.org...
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
tejretics
Posts: 6,080
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 6:00:14 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/30/2015 4:50:20 AM, bsh1 wrote:
THE DP SET UP

https://docs.google.com...

LIVING PLAYERS

Cotton
Afism
Disc
Saph
Hoppi
Tej
Midnight
101
Rev

Harder or Rev?

Wylted

With 10 players alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch.
The DP ends at 11:00am, DDO time, on 7/31/15.


Good luck!
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 6:05:22 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/30/2015 6:00:14 AM, tejretics wrote:
At 7/30/2015 4:50:20 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Rev

Harder or Rev?

Harder. I just C/P'd and forgot to make the edit.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
tejretics
Posts: 6,080
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 7:11:49 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
ACTIVITY PROMPT

The clock is ticking.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 7:14:03 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/30/2015 4:57:20 AM, tejretics wrote:
Proud to be the first poster!

I think we should stick with the opening plan we had last game. We pressure the strongest and most experienced players, so as to secure their positions fast -- we need to protect them if they're town, and lynch them fast if they're scum. Wylted doesn't really respond to pressure, so lynching him is futile.

As such, I propose we pressure the best players. The last game, Saph and AFism both played amazingly well. Saph completely manipulated all the town, and I have to say, I'm very impressed by her. AFism spearheaded the town, as always. They're among the best players here. Therefore, I propose we pressure them first to gain some intuitive info, and then read them accordingly, so we can ensure a town win this time.

How the hell could you possibly not learn your lesson from last game, where the doctor was immediately had their role stolen and the Vig who could've literally bought us an extra DP was also killed NP1.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 7:17:06 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I wouldn't mind getting a claim from 101 though, because his lack of participation made him hard to read.

VTL 101
AFism
Posts: 1,030
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 7:25:12 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/30/2015 7:14:03 AM, Wylted wrote:

How the hell could you possibly not learn your lesson from last game, where the doctor was immediately had their role stolen and the Vig who could've literally bought us an extra DP was also killed NP1.

Lol tej trying to kill town with a mass claim already,

I was so pressed that game
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 7:43:39 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/30/2015 7:33:05 AM, Hoppi wrote:
Vtl AFism

Because she's scum.

Dam you're good. Somebody protect Hoppi tonight, since he can tell somebody's alignment after a mere post. This game should be won fast.

Any advice for who the Vig should kill if we have one or does another scum need to make a single post, first?

Unvote VTL AFISM
Hoppi
Posts: 1,655
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 7:47:04 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/30/2015 7:43:39 AM, Wylted wrote:
Dam you're good. Somebody protect Hoppi tonight, since he can tell somebody's alignment after a mere post. This game should be won fast.

Sarcasm. But why?

Any advice for who the Vig should kill if we have one or does another scum need to make a single post, first?

No.

Unvote VTL AFISM
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 7:51:30 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/30/2015 7:47:04 AM, Hoppi wrote:
At 7/30/2015 7:43:39 AM, Wylted wrote:
Dam you're good. Somebody protect Hoppi tonight, since he can tell somebody's alignment after a mere post. This game should be won fast.

Sarcasm. But why?

Do I need a reason for sarcasm? Can't I just do it for fun?

Any advice for who the Vig should kill if we have one or does another scum need to make a single post, first?

No.

Unvote VTL AFISM
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 7:52:15 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
VOTE COUNT

Afism (2/6) - Hoppi, Wylted
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
AFism
Posts: 1,030
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 8:04:24 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/30/2015 7:47:04 AM, Hoppi wrote:
At 7/30/2015 7:43:39 AM, Wylted wrote:
Dam you're good. Somebody protect Hoppi tonight, since he can tell somebody's alignment after a mere post. This game should be won fast.

Sarcasm. But why?

Any advice for who the Vig should kill if we have one or does another scum need to make a single post, first?

No.

Unvote VTL AFISM

Nice to see y'all opportunistic arses too.
Anyways I'm going to bed I got work 2morrow.
I doubt it but if i wake up lynched screw y'all.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 8:18:40 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/30/2015 8:04:24 AM, AFism wrote:
At 7/30/2015 7:47:04 AM, Hoppi wrote:
At 7/30/2015 7:43:39 AM, Wylted wrote:
Dam you're good. Somebody protect Hoppi tonight, since he can tell somebody's alignment after a mere post. This game should be won fast.

Sarcasm. But why?

Any advice for who the Vig should kill if we have one or does another scum need to make a single post, first?

No.

Unvote VTL AFISM

Nice to see y'all opportunistic arses too.
Anyways I'm going to bed I got work 2morrow.
I doubt it but if i wake up lynched screw y'all.

Arses? Are you some sort of sub human British person? You should immigrate to America so you don't have to be subhuman anymore.
Discipulus_Didicit
Posts: 3,086
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 8:45:08 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/30/2015 7:14:03 AM, Wylted wrote:
How the hell could you oossibly not leaen your lesson from last game, where the doctor was immeduately had thwir role atolen and the Vig who could've lirerally bought us an extra DP was also killed NP1.

Eh, kind of agree with this actually. Let's try to protect the roles for now. God help us if we lose our PRs early again, especially with a possible SK around this time for an extra NK.
Cobalt - You could be scum too.
Matt - I suppose. But I also might not be.

Kiri - Yeah, I don't know what DD is doing.
Vaarka - He's doin'a thingy do

DD - The best advice most often goes unheeded.
Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
Cotton_Candy
Posts: 299
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 8:54:50 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/30/2015 8:45:08 AM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:
At 7/30/2015 7:14:03 AM, Wylted wrote:
How the hell could you oossibly not leaen your lesson from last game, where the doctor was immeduately had thwir role atolen and the Vig who could've lirerally bought us an extra DP was also killed NP1.

Eh, kind of agree with this actually. Let's try to protect the roles for now. God help us if we lose our PRs early again, especially with a possible SK around this time for an extra NK.

Okay, so how do we go about with this? keep posting random stuff until someone slips?
Discipulus_Didicit
Posts: 3,086
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 8:57:32 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/30/2015 5:06:08 AM, tejretics wrote:
SIDENOTE

It would be good if each player links two previous games of theirs, one in which they were town, and one in which they were mafia. This would allow us an easier analysis.

MY GAMES

Beginners' Mafia, 39.1 - as Town

DP1: http://www.debate.org...
DP2: http://www.debate.org...
DP3: http://www.debate.org...
ENDGAME: http://www.debate.org...

Beginners' Mafia, 38.3 - as Mafia

DP1: http://www.debate.org...
DP2: http://www.debate.org...
DP3: http://www.debate.org...
ENDGAME: http://www.debate.org...

For obvious reasons I can't really go with this, even if I did believe in meta reading. Sorry.
Cobalt - You could be scum too.
Matt - I suppose. But I also might not be.

Kiri - Yeah, I don't know what DD is doing.
Vaarka - He's doin'a thingy do

DD - The best advice most often goes unheeded.
Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
tejretics
Posts: 6,080
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 8:59:44 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/30/2015 7:43:39 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 7/30/2015 7:33:05 AM, Hoppi wrote:
Vtl AFism

Because she's scum.

Dam you're good. Somebody protect Hoppi tonight, since he can tell somebody's alignment after a mere post. This game should be won fast.

Rofl...


Any advice for who the Vig should kill if we have one or does another scum need to make a single post, first?

Unvote VTL AFISM

I thought that was sarcasm, but whatever, lol.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
tejretics
Posts: 6,080
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 9:00:29 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/30/2015 8:45:08 AM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:
At 7/30/2015 7:14:03 AM, Wylted wrote:
How the hell could you oossibly not leaen your lesson from last game, where the doctor was immeduately had thwir role atolen and the Vig who could've lirerally bought us an extra DP was also killed NP1.

Eh, kind of agree with this actually. Let's try to protect the roles for now. God help us if we lose our PRs early again, especially with a possible SK around this time for an extra NK.

What's an "SK"?
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
tejretics
Posts: 6,080
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 9:01:01 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
NVM, serial killer.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
Cotton_Candy
Posts: 299
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 9:02:06 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/30/2015 8:57:32 AM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:
At 7/30/2015 5:06:08 AM, tejretics wrote:
SIDENOTE

It would be good if each player links two previous games of theirs, one in which they were town, and one in which they were mafia. This would allow us an easier analysis.

MY GAMES

Beginners' Mafia, 39.1 - as Town

DP1: http://www.debate.org...
DP2: http://www.debate.org...
DP3: http://www.debate.org...
ENDGAME: http://www.debate.org...

Beginners' Mafia, 38.3 - as Mafia

DP1: http://www.debate.org...
DP2: http://www.debate.org...
DP3: http://www.debate.org...
ENDGAME: http://www.debate.org...

For obvious reasons I can't really go with this,

Likewise.
Discipulus_Didicit
Posts: 3,086
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 9:04:06 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/30/2015 8:54:50 AM, Cotton_Candy wrote:
At 7/30/2015 8:45:08 AM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:
At 7/30/2015 7:14:03 AM, Wylted wrote:
How the hell could you oossibly not leaen your lesson from last game, where the doctor was immeduately had thwir role atolen and the Vig who could've lirerally bought us an extra DP was also killed NP1.

Eh, kind of agree with this actually. Let's try to protect the roles for now. God help us if we lose our PRs early again, especially with a possible SK around this time for an extra NK.

Okay, so how do we go about with this? keep posting random stuff until someone slips?

Essentially, yes. Counterintuitive as it may seem random voting is how games are usually opened. It gives an idea of how people react and gives us something to get reads from later on once a few players have flipped. It is called RVS (random vote stage) and generally lasts much longer than it did last game.
Cobalt - You could be scum too.
Matt - I suppose. But I also might not be.

Kiri - Yeah, I don't know what DD is doing.
Vaarka - He's doin'a thingy do

DD - The best advice most often goes unheeded.
Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
Cotton_Candy
Posts: 299
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 9:06:53 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/30/2015 9:04:06 AM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:
At 7/30/2015 8:54:50 AM, Cotton_Candy wrote:
At 7/30/2015 8:45:08 AM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:
At 7/30/2015 7:14:03 AM, Wylted wrote:
How the hell could you oossibly not leaen your lesson from last game, where the doctor was immeduately had thwir role atolen and the Vig who could've lirerally bought us an extra DP was also killed NP1.

Eh, kind of agree with this actually. Let's try to protect the roles for now. God help us if we lose our PRs early again, especially with a possible SK around this time for an extra NK.

Okay, so how do we go about with this? keep posting random stuff until someone slips?

Essentially, yes. Counterintuitive as it may seem random voting is how games are usually opened. It gives an idea of how people react and gives us something to get reads from later on once a few players have flipped. It is called RVS (random vote stage) and generally lasts much longer than it did last game.

Hmm, fair enough.
So Disc are you scum?
And what day is it today?
Discipulus_Didicit
Posts: 3,086
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 9:10:06 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/30/2015 9:06:53 AM, Cotton_Candy wrote:
Hmm, fair enough.
So Disc are you scum?

Nope. Townie again.

And what day is it today?

Er, how do you mean? If you mean in real life it just turned Thursday ten mins ago where I am.
Cobalt - You could be scum too.
Matt - I suppose. But I also might not be.

Kiri - Yeah, I don't know what DD is doing.
Vaarka - He's doin'a thingy do

DD - The best advice most often goes unheeded.
Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
Cotton_Candy
Posts: 299
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 9:11:39 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/30/2015 9:10:06 AM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:
At 7/30/2015 9:06:53 AM, Cotton_Candy wrote:
Hmm, fair enough.
So Disc are you scum?

Nope. Townie again.

And what day is it today?

Er, how do you mean? If you mean in real life it just turned Thursday ten mins ago where I am.

*looks at lie detector*
Hmmm, I have to try harder.
Discipulus_Didicit
Posts: 3,086
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 9:15:47 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/30/2015 9:11:39 AM, Cotton_Candy wrote:
*looks at lie detector*
Hmmm, I have to try harder.

Ah, is that a claim?
Cobalt - You could be scum too.
Matt - I suppose. But I also might not be.

Kiri - Yeah, I don't know what DD is doing.
Vaarka - He's doin'a thingy do

DD - The best advice most often goes unheeded.
Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
Discipulus_Didicit
Posts: 3,086
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 9:21:42 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/30/2015 9:11:39 AM, Cotton_Candy wrote:

Hmmm VTL Cotton

Because RVS and stuff
Cobalt - You could be scum too.
Matt - I suppose. But I also might not be.

Kiri - Yeah, I don't know what DD is doing.
Vaarka - He's doin'a thingy do

DD - The best advice most often goes unheeded.
Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
Cotton_Candy
Posts: 299
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 9:23:18 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/30/2015 9:15:47 AM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:
At 7/30/2015 9:11:39 AM, Cotton_Candy wrote:
*looks at lie detector*
Hmmm, I have to try harder.

Ah, is that a claim?

If it was and if you were town then you wouldn't really want to me to tell it right?