Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2015 2:25:08 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
INTRO

"here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)"

- i carry your heart with me(i carry it in, by e e cummings

DIED LAST DP

YYW:

"It's getting dark, you have sat for a long time.
If you move, you feel something will be disturbed,
there is room enough only for your body.
'Stay awhile,' Mrs. Caldera says,
and never have you felt so valuable."
- Mrs. Caldera's House of Things

You are GREGORY DJANIKIAN. You are the Nonconsecutive SIDEKICK. On nonconsecutive nights, you may select a player. Any non-lethal actions aimed at this player will be redirected to you. You win with the town.

Trekie:

"The chaplain had mastered, in a moment of divine intuition, the handy technique of protective rationalization, and he was exhilarated by his discovery. It was miraculous. It was almost no trick at all, he saw, to turn vice into virtue and slander into truth, impotence into abstinence, arrogance into humility, plunder into philanthropy, thievery into honor, blasphemy into wisdom, brutality into patriotism, and sadism into justice. Anybody could do it; it required no brains at all. It merely required no character." - Catch-22

You are JOSEPH HELLER. You are the JOAT. You have the following 2-shot abilities: JANITOR, STRONGMAN, and ROLEBLOCKER. As Janitor, you can hide the flip information of a killed player. As Strongman, if you carry out the mafia NK, you will by pass any protective abilities (doctor, jailkeeper, bodyguard, etc.) As Roleblocker, you may select a target at night and prevent them from using their role.

DIED IN THE NIGHT

XLAV:

"She hasn't seen His face--He's so aloof.
She's long resigned He'll never know or love her
But still can wish there were some call, some proof
That He requires a greater service of her.
Fingers of rain now drum upon the roof,
Coming form somewhere, somewhere far above her."
- God's Secretary

You are R.S. GWYNN. You are the FAITH HEALER. Each night you may select another player. If that player was not selected by another Faith Healer, they will be spared from any lethal actions aimed at them. If multiple Faith Healers select the same target, that target will receive no protection whatsoever. You win with the town.

LIVING PLAYERS

Wylted
Tej
TUF
Saph
TN05
Dalt
FT
Solon
Khaos
Afism
7th
Harder
Skep
Endark

With 14 players alive, it takes 8 votes to lynch.
The DP ends at 9:00pm, Central Time, on 8/8/15.

Good luck!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2015 2:28:33 AM
Trekie wins with the mafia.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2015 2:34:12 AM
Scummy vibes from harder. I gtg now, but will elaborate more later.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2015 2:48:26 AM
Ugh. I'm sorry about yesterday; that was really stupid of me. Even if Trekie wasn't behaviorally inherently scummy, it was better to go with the lynch than the no lynch. I get really indecisive when conflict presents itself, but I will be more confident from now on.

Plus, this flip makes me more confident in my assertion that scum is mostly within the inactives and newbs. I'm still comfortable with a Tej lynch even with the Trekie flip--it wasn't a counterwagon, since pretty much the same players hopped on both, and it was extremely hard to get votes on Tej, even with FT leading.
I somewhat doubt that TN is scum, for obvious reasons.
I liked that Wylted defended the wagon on Trekie with general consequences for the community instead of specific reasons she's scum. Mafia bussing could think of that, but it'd take very creative thinking.

I'm going to go back and reexamine AFism. I started not analyzing her posts too much after I derailed her lynch, which I should rectify.
My PoE pile at this point is Tej, TUF, Dalt, AFism, Harder, and maybe Endark because tradition.
I'm going to look through all of them individually again.
Until I'm done, I'm going to do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight, and VTL Tej

I'm also wondering how this game is balanced to avoid too many town confirmations...
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2015 3:06:29 AM
Yeah, I got kind of emotional, but I still want to kill Tej.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2015 3:08:16 AM
At 8/6/2015 2:48:26 AM, SolonKR wrote:
Ugh. I'm sorry about yesterday; that was really stupid of me. Even if Trekie wasn't behaviorally inherently scummy, it was better to go with the lynch than the no lynch. I get really indecisive when conflict presents itself, but I will be more confident from now on.

Plus, this flip makes me more confident in my assertion that scum is mostly within the inactives and newbs. I'm still comfortable with a Tej lynch even with the Trekie flip--it wasn't a counterwagon, since pretty much the same players hopped on both, and it was extremely hard to get votes on Tej, even with FT leading.

Oh? Do tell.

I liked that Wylted defended the wagon on Trekie with general consequences for the community instead of specific reasons she's scum. Mafia bussing could think of that, but it'd take very creative thinking.

I'm going to go back and reexamine AFism. I started not analyzing her posts too much after I derailed her lynch, which I should rectify.
My PoE pile at this point is Tej, TUF, Dalt, AFism, Harder, and maybe Endark because tradition.

One day you will love me.

Until I'm done, I'm going to do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight, and VTL Tej

I'm also wondering how this game is balanced to avoid too many town confirmations...
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2015 3:09:35 AM
I'm mildly concerned that FourTrouble questioned my vote of Trekie, given she flipped mafia and I was correct about that.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2015 3:11:56 AM
VOTE COUNT

Tej (1/8) - Solon
TN05 (1/8) - Endark
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2015 3:14:42 AM
At 8/6/2015 3:08:16 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Oh? Do tell.

Never mind. I thought that Trekie's vote for TN came out of different circumstances than "RVS". My bad. He could still definitely be scum.

One day you will love me.

I do love you--I'm just a black widow of sorts (this comparison is oddly suited to my profile pic).
Also, scratch TUF. I forgot Ford replaced him (I was looking at the DP1 player list), and Ford is almost definitely town.
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2015 3:15:38 AM
At 8/6/2015 3:11:17 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Whoops. Not Ford. Never mind.

Who, then? And why not Ford?
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2015 3:16:51 AM
At 8/6/2015 3:09:35 AM, TN05 wrote:
I'm mildly concerned that FourTrouble questioned my vote of Trekie, given she flipped mafia and I was correct about that.

Um... you realize FT was the one who started that wagon, and probably at least one more scum wagon, right?
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2015 3:16:58 AM
At 8/6/2015 3:15:38 AM, SolonKR wrote:

Is it Ford? There's no Ford on the player list.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2015 3:17:29 AM
At 8/6/2015 3:16:58 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

I forgot to update it. Ford replaced TUF.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2015 3:18:13 AM

Ford replaced TUF yesterday.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2015 3:19:15 AM
At 8/6/2015 3:18:13 AM, SolonKR wrote:

Ford replaced TUF yesterday.

Ah. Then yes, it is Ford. Ford is likely town.
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2015 3:20:43 AM
At 8/6/2015 3:16:51 AM, SolonKR wrote:

Um... you realize FT was the one who started that wagon, and probably at least one more scum wagon, right?

Yes. I don't understand why my vote in particular was so appalling to question the entire lynch.
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2015 3:25:51 AM
At 8/6/2015 3:20:43 AM, TN05 wrote:

Yes. I don't understand why my vote in particular was so appalling to question the entire lynch.

He didn't question the lynch; he simply said that your vote was the only thing he didn't like about it. He scumreads you, I believe because of your "I am a poet" seeming a bit opportunistic on the first page.
You're also in a lot of PoE piles (or at least mine) because of inactivity.
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2015 3:36:23 AM
At 8/6/2015 3:25:51 AM, SolonKR wrote:

He didn't question the lynch; he simply said that your vote was the only thing he didn't like about it. He scumreads you, I believe because of your "I am a poet" seeming a bit opportunistic on the first page.

I later added two more bits of my character if that makes it any better.

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2015 3:46:39 AM

If the reasons are obvious, I'm sorry but I'm not seeing them.

Any thoughts on her late vote after the DP ended?
You mean Ford?

What do you mean?
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2015 3:49:01 AM
At 8/6/2015 3:36:23 AM, TN05 wrote:

Plenty of poets committed suicide. That didn't narrow it down much.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2015 3:51:34 AM
At 8/6/2015 3:49:01 AM, Sapphique wrote:
At 8/6/2015 3:36:23 AM, TN05 wrote:

Plenty of poets committed suicide. That didn't narrow it down much.

I thought the 'American' one added it. My poet is a confessional poet.
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2015 4:11:51 AM
At 8/6/2015 4:09:29 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
I think we should look at the counterwagon for scum. I find it very likely that scum tried to stop the lynch on Trekie.

Yes, I agree that's likely, given how powerful her role was. Of course that makes me look bad, but it's sound logic nonetheless.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2015 4:14:10 AM
At 8/4/2015 2:31:56 AM, bsh1 wrote:
TN05 (2/9) - Trekie, Endark
Tej (4/9) - Afism, Skep, Ford, Solon
Trekie (9/9) - FT, XLAV, Tej, Khaos, Dalt, 7th, Wylted, TN05, Saph

TN05, Saph, and Wylted are town.

Tejretics, Khaos, Dalt, and 7th are probably town.

Among AFism, Skep, Ford, Solon, and Endark, there's very likely scum.

If we plan on getting claims, we should start with the list of folks who actively tried lynching someone besides Trekie.