---Literature Mafia: DP3---

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2015 9:06:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
INTRO

"Luna had decorated her bedroom ceiling with five beautifully painted faces: Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, and Neville. They were not moving as the portraits at Hogwarts moved, but there was a certain magic about them all the same; Harry thought they breathed. What appeared to be fine golden chains wove around the pictures, linking them together, but after examining them for a minute or so, Harry realized that the chains were actually one word, repeated a thousand times in golden ink: friends...friends...friends...friends...Harry felt a great rush of affection for Luna." - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, by J.K. Rowling

LYNCHED LAST DP

Skep:

"But, for the unquiet heart and brain,
A use in measured language lies;
The sad mechanic exercise,
Like dull narcotics, numbing pain."
- In Memoriam A. H. H. OBIIT MDCCCXXXIII: 5

You are ALFRED, LORD TENNYSON. You are the Odd-night MECHANIC. Each odd-night you may examine the mechanics of the game, and thereby learn something about the game mechanics. These facts and the order in which they may be revealed to you are pre-determined. You win with the town.

DIED IN THE NIGHT

Ford (TUF):

"If this belief from heaven be sent,
If such be Nature"s holy plan,
Have I not reason to lament
What man has made of man?"
- Lines Written in Early Spring

You are WILLIAM WORDSWORTH. You are the FAITH HEALER. Each night you may select another player. If that player was not selected by another Faith Healer, they will be spared from any lethal actions aimed at them. If multiple Faith Healers select the same target, that target will receive no protection whatsoever. You win with the town.

LIVING PLAYERS

Wylted
Tej
Saph
TN05
Dalt
FT
Solon
Khaos
Afism
7th
Harder
Endark

With 12 players alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.
The DP ends at 4:00pm, Central Time, on 8/11/15.

Good luck!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2015 9:07:20 PM
I will give IFLY another 12 hours to respond to my request to replace in, and after that I will ask Mittens.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2015 9:23:30 PM
Well, I hope you're happy Ford....you managed to get both of our docs killed.
Smooth.

I'm not going to say if I was visited last night or not, but I want to see how the DP goes.

FT, I want you to think about this: if a player is online, and the DP is running out, and a player is asked to vote for the largest wagon, why is their reluctant willingness to go along with the wagon viewed as 100% town? Imagine for the moment that Saph is scum. She would have to have had a DAMN good reason to not vote trekkie DP1, right? This causes her to have much more suspicion than she would like to have, so, as scum, why would she not bus her teammate at this point?
This is what I don't understand about your absolution that TN05 is town, as I don't see how or why scum wouldn't have jumped on the wagon at that point, and trekkie is a good player, so I have no reason to doubt that he would have told the players in the PM to either vote her or be AWK.
In short, I don't see how it is affiliation indicative. Your starting the wagon should be seen as pro-town, but because it is you, and other nonsense you've spouted, I still have my doubts.

That said, we should mass character claim, and I'll let you pick the order, as I believe most players assume you are town.
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2015 9:24:23 PM
At 8/8/2015 9:14:34 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
VTL Khaos

Got a show tonight, so that's probably all for today.

Dafuq?!?
Why me over TN05?
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2015 9:30:59 PM
Right now my strongest townread is tej, and I scumread harder to the point where I'd be down with his lynch.

VTL harder
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2015 9:32:04 PM
VTL Endark

You better have a pretty f*cking good explanation for why your ability didn't work.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2015 9:41:25 PM
VOTE COUNT

Khaos (1/7) - Endark
Harder (1/7) - 7th
Endark (1/7) - TN05
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2015 10:42:28 PM
Endark, what are you actually? Obviously not the gladiator, since your supposed role didn't work last DP.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2015 10:44:02 PM
At 8/8/2015 9:14:34 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
VTL Khaos

Got a show tonight, so that's probably all for today.

Why Khaos? Didn't you scumread TN?
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2015 10:46:58 PM
VTL Endark
For claim.

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2015 10:52:12 PM
At 8/8/2015 9:30:59 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
Right now my strongest townread is tej, and I scumread harder to the point where I'd be down with his lynch.

VTL harder

Why and why? I have Tej down as maybe slight town, but he's nowhere near my strongest townread.

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2015 1:26:43 AM
http://www.debate.org...

/out.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2015 2:57:37 AM
I'll post more tomorrow. Is IFLY officially replacing in for Harder?

I'd like his full claim and his thoughts after having reread.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2015 2:58:33 AM
At 8/9/2015 2:57:37 AM, Daltonian wrote:

Though, the full claim immediately.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2015 3:05:23 AM
At 8/9/2015 2:57:37 AM, Daltonian wrote:

Agreed, especially since harder already gave a full claim. Let's not mention what it was or the conditions under which it happened, since obviously IFLY is replacing. Because of this, I've also removed his claim from the claimslist.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2015 3:21:24 AM
At 8/9/2015 3:20:16 AM, TN05 wrote:
Is nobody else concerned that Endark evidently lied about his role?

Not really
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

~mysteriouscrystals

~F-16

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2015 3:41:15 AM
By the way, I asked a question last DP that went unanswered:
Does ER have a tendency to tunnel as hard on TN05 as he was as town?
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2015 3:41:58 AM
ATTENTION

IFLY is replacing Harder.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2015 8:00:26 AM
There's definitely scum between AFism and Tej. We should be lynching between the two of them regardless of anything else. We now know that DP1's derailment was certainly not driven by scum, so the logic of Tej being town based on said derailment is flimsy. That said, I feel I like I overthought AFism on DP1 similar to the way I defended Lannan in NSync when he was CCd. I'm unsure of which one to go for. Regardless, I'd like to get this discussion going, so VTL AFism
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2015 8:03:58 AM
At 8/9/2015 3:41:15 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
By the way, I asked a question last DP that went unanswered:
Does ER have a tendency to tunnel as hard on TN05 as he was as town?

*shrugs* One does not simply read Endark.
There are more important things to deal with in the meantime. You should vote AFism with me.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2015 8:05:49 AM
VOTE COUNT

Khaos (1/7) - Endark
Harder (1/7) - 7th
Endark (2/7) - TN05, Saph
Afism (1/7) - Solon
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2015 1:31:37 PM
At 8/9/2015 8:00:26 AM, SolonKR wrote:
There's definitely scum between AFism and Tej. We should be lynching between the two of them regardless of anything else. We now know that DP1's derailment was certainly not driven by scum, so the logic of Tej being town based on said derailment is flimsy. That said, I feel I like I overthought AFism on DP1 similar to the way I defended Lannan in NSync when he was CCd. I'm unsure of which one to go for. Regardless, I'd like to get this discussion going, so VTL AFism

First let's get IFLY's claim, and see if his fake claim matches harder's.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

~mysteriouscrystals

~F-16

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2015 1:52:39 PM
That's retarded and more likely to get town lynched. If he's town and endarknlied he's more likely to contradict the claim than if he's scum and endark lied, seeing as how he has his scum mates to help him. Use some common sense guys.
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2015 2:33:36 PM
At 8/9/2015 3:21:24 AM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
At 8/9/2015 3:20:16 AM, TN05 wrote:
Is nobody else concerned that Endark evidently lied about his role?

Not really

So you're not concerned Endark lied and got everyone to vote out the guy who claimed (and was) mechanic, letting him know important details about the game? Because that doesn't make any sense for town to do.