Total Posts:59|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Beginners' Mafia 39.2: ENDGAME

bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2015 2:33:39 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Town wins!!

1st Place: TOWN

Wylted - You are VANILLA. You have no role. You win with the town.

Tej - You are the GODFATHER. If targeted by a Cop, you will read as town-affiliated to them. You win with the mafia.

Saph - You are the SUPER SAINT. If lynched, you will kill your hammerer. You win with the town.

Midnight - You are the COP. Each night you may select another player, and learn their affiliation. You win with the town.

Disc - You are the PRIEST. If anyone visits you at night, you will learn their role. You win with the town.

[Hidden Mod Note: You are Naive. Your role is inoperative.]

Cotton - You are the COMMUTER. You cannot be targeted at night. You win with the town.

Harder - You are the 1-shot ROLE COP. Once per game, you may select a player and learn their role. You win with the town.

Hoppi - You are now the GODFATHER. If targeted by an investigative role, you will be seen as town-affiliated. You still win with the town.

[Originally: MIMIC]

2nd Place: MAFIA

Afism - You are the SUICIDE BOMBER. Once per game, you may detonate during the DP, killing yourself and one other person of your choosing. To detonate, simply post in the DP thread: "Suicide bomb detonates. Kills: [Insert Name]." You must bold this message, and you must cease posting after this comment.

Tej - You are the GODFATHER. If targeted by a Cop, you will read as town-affiliated to them.

3rd Place: TP

101 - You are the SURVIVOR. You win if you survive the game. You do not win with either the town or the mafia.

NIGHT ACTIONS

NP1

Harder - Rlcp. Disc
Hoppi - Mimic Tej
Tej - NK Cotton

NP2

Afism - NK Wylted

NP3

Afism - NK Saph
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2015 2:35:23 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Good.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Sapphique
Posts: 4,110
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2015 2:39:25 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
This game had too much clutter, to the point where I didn't even bother to read most of the later DPs. No more weird trials and boycotts, okay Disc?

Tej I caught you DP1 lol. I'm still pissed at whoever talked me out of lynching you. AF maybe if you chose a better fake claim things would've gone differently lol. The thing Disc brought up pretty much clinched it. I might go back and read so that I can get a better grasp on how you play as scum.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2015 2:39:44 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/11/2015 2:35:23 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Good.

Lol...all that nagging, and all you say is: "Good." Rofl...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Sapphique
Posts: 4,110
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2015 2:40:35 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/11/2015 2:39:44 AM, bsh1 wrote:

Are town wins uncommon in beginner games?
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2015 2:42:26 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/11/2015 2:40:35 AM, Sapphique wrote:
At 8/11/2015 2:39:44 AM, bsh1 wrote:

Are town wins uncommon in beginner games?

Yeah, I think so, but I've not really kept tally.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Cotton_Candy
Posts: 299
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2015 2:49:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
AWESOME!!
We wouldn't have won if it weren't for Hoppi and Disc xD
And maan Tej tried so hard in dp1, I feel sorry for him :3
Sapphique
Posts: 4,110
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2015 2:53:21 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/11/2015 2:49:07 AM, Cotton_Candy wrote:
AWESOME!!
We wouldn't have won if it weren't for Hoppi and Disc xD
^ This, I guess. I honestly wouldn't have paid much attention lol. Too much to read through.
And maan Tej tried so hard in dp1, I feel sorry for him :3
He's got me confused now though. I think he used to be all passive and reactive as scum, and now here's a game where he went all-out. I still caught him DP1 XD
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2015 3:59:25 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I'm confused as to why harder wasn't lynched after he visited the priest and the priest didn't sense him.

Also WTF is with Cotton soft claiming Cop on her first few posts? She still never answered that, but just dismissively said she was joking!
Cotton_Candy
Posts: 299
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2015 4:20:46 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/11/2015 4:00:11 AM, Wylted wrote:
And why was I NKed when I'm such an obvious mislynch, that seemed odd

So that it could be blamed on me and I would be killed the following dp.
Cotton_Candy
Posts: 299
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2015 4:23:16 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/11/2015 3:59:25 AM, Wylted wrote:
I'm confused as to why harder wasn't lynched after he visited the priest and the priest didn't sense him.

Well that's cause maybe not everyone is as impulsive and hasty as you :p
Discipulus_Didicit
Posts: 3,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2015 6:50:44 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/11/2015 3:59:25 AM, Wylted wrote:
I'm confused as to why harder wasn't lynched after he visited the priest and the priest didn't sense him.

There was good reason to believe I was naive, because I full claimed BEFORE he said anything. As scum he wouldn't fake visiting a known priest.

Also WTF is with Cotton soft claiming Cop on her first few posts? She still never answered that, but just dismissively said she was joking!

Apparently she was not soft claiming cop. Proof in the OP.
Cobalt - You could be scum too.
Matt - I suppose. But I also might not be.

Kiri - Yeah, I don't know what DD is doing.
Vaarka - He's doin'a thingy do

DD - The best advice most often goes unheeded.
Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
Discipulus_Didicit
Posts: 3,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2015 6:57:54 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Hmm, my theory that Hoppi was scum relied on the assumption that the mafia started with three players and basic POE following that assumption. With an incorrect but seemingly obvious assumption as a basis, can I really be blamed for thinking tej was bussed?

The fact that mafia started out with only two players means they were doomed from the start.
Cobalt - You could be scum too.
Matt - I suppose. But I also might not be.

Kiri - Yeah, I don't know what DD is doing.
Vaarka - He's doin'a thingy do

DD - The best advice most often goes unheeded.
Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
Discipulus_Didicit
Posts: 3,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2015 7:01:17 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/11/2015 2:39:25 AM, Sapphique wrote:
This game had too much clutter, to the point where I didn't even bother to read most of the later DPs. No more weird trials and boycotts, okay Disc?

The trial was an obvious joke and only lasted one post.

The boycott was not a joke. If anyone else goes 5 DPs without a single post and doesn't get mod killed or replaced for it, it will happen again.

Tej I caught you DP1 lol. I'm still pissed at whoever talked me out of lynching you. AF maybe if you chose a better fake claim things would've gone differently lol. The thing Disc brought up pretty much clinched it. I might go back and read so that I can get a better grasp on how you play as scum.
Cobalt - You could be scum too.
Matt - I suppose. But I also might not be.

Kiri - Yeah, I don't know what DD is doing.
Vaarka - He's doin'a thingy do

DD - The best advice most often goes unheeded.
Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2015 8:56:52 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/11/2015 6:50:44 AM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:
At 8/11/2015 3:59:25 AM, Wylted wrote:
I'm confused as to why harder wasn't lynched after he visited the priest and the priest didn't sense him.

There was good reason to believe I was naive, because I full claimed BEFORE he said anything. As scum he wouldn't fake visiting a known priest.

Well, he was only paying half attention, and I don't give him enough credit to know better.

Also WTF is with Cotton soft claiming Cop on her first few posts? She still never answered that, but just dismissively said she was joking!

Apparently she was not soft claiming cop. Proof in the OP.

Yes she was. She acted like a cop investigating. Maybe she was trying to draw an NK seeing as how that might be a good ideal.
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2015 9:53:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/11/2015 8:56:52 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 8/11/2015 6:50:44 AM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:
At 8/11/2015 3:59:25 AM, Wylted wrote:
I'm confused as to why harder wasn't lynched after he visited the priest and the priest didn't sense him.

There was good reason to believe I was naive, because I full claimed BEFORE he said anything. As scum he wouldn't fake visiting a known priest.

Well, he was only paying half attention, and I don't give him enough credit to know better.

I'm not stupid.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2015 9:57:05 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/11/2015 8:56:52 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 8/11/2015 6:50:44 AM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:
At 8/11/2015 3:59:25 AM, Wylted wrote:
I'm confused as to why harder wasn't lynched after he visited the priest and the priest didn't sense him.

There was good reason to believe I was naive, because I full claimed BEFORE he said anything. As scum he wouldn't fake visiting a known priest.

Well, he was only paying half attention, and I don't give him enough credit to know better.

Also, I have question:

Why in hell would I claim role cop as scum in order to stop a mislynch from happening?
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2015 10:03:21 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/11/2015 9:57:05 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 8/11/2015 8:56:52 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 8/11/2015 6:50:44 AM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:
At 8/11/2015 3:59:25 AM, Wylted wrote:
I'm confused as to why harder wasn't lynched after he visited the priest and the priest didn't sense him.

There was good reason to believe I was naive, because I full claimed BEFORE he said anything. As scum he wouldn't fake visiting a known priest.

Well, he was only paying half attention, and I don't give him enough credit to know better.

Also, I have question:

Why in hell would I claim role cop as scum in order to stop a mislynch from happening?

I'm more concerned about the priest not sending it than anything.
Discipulus_Didicit
Posts: 3,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2015 10:55:02 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/11/2015 8:56:52 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 8/11/2015 6:50:44 AM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:
At 8/11/2015 3:59:25 AM, Wylted wrote:
I'm confused as to why harder wasn't lynched after he visited the priest and the priest didn't sense him.

There was good reason to believe I was naive, because I full claimed BEFORE he said anything. As scum he wouldn't fake visiting a known priest.

Well, he was only paying half attention, and I don't give him enough credit to know better.

Then you would have lost where I won. Bow down.

Also WTF is with Cotton soft claiming Cop on her first few posts? She still never answered that, but just dismissively said she was joking!

Apparently she was not soft claiming cop. Proof in the OP.

Yes she was. She acted like a cop investigating. Maybe she was trying to draw an NK seeing as how that might be a good ideal.

Hmm. Maybe. IDK.
Cobalt - You could be scum too.
Matt - I suppose. But I also might not be.

Kiri - Yeah, I don't know what DD is doing.
Vaarka - He's doin'a thingy do

DD - The best advice most often goes unheeded.
Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
Discipulus_Didicit
Posts: 3,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2015 9:58:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/11/2015 2:54:33 PM, Midnight1131 wrote:
History has vindicated me.

Your sacrifice was not in vain.
Cobalt - You could be scum too.
Matt - I suppose. But I also might not be.

Kiri - Yeah, I don't know what DD is doing.
Vaarka - He's doin'a thingy do

DD - The best advice most often goes unheeded.
Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
AFism
Posts: 1,030
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2015 5:19:45 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I never want to play with disc again. Being scum or not your logic is TERRIBLE.

Also saph I basically stayed in my meta, and played as if I was a towny lol.
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2015 6:06:17 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/12/2015 5:19:45 AM, AFism wrote:
I never want to play with disc again. Being scum or not your logic is TERRIBLE.

Also saph I basically stayed in my meta, and played as if I was a towny lol.

Disc actually had the single best post in this game, in terms of logic and scumhunting.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
AFism
Posts: 1,030
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2015 6:09:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/12/2015 6:06:17 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 8/12/2015 5:19:45 AM, AFism wrote:
I never want to play with disc again. Being scum or not your logic is TERRIBLE.

Also saph I basically stayed in my meta, and played as if I was a towny lol.

Disc actually had the single best post in this game, in terms of logic and scumhunting.

That dude was throwing me off though. I was pissed.
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2015 6:39:01 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/12/2015 6:09:10 AM, AFism wrote:
At 8/12/2015 6:06:17 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 8/12/2015 5:19:45 AM, AFism wrote:
I never want to play with disc again. Being scum or not your logic is TERRIBLE.

Also saph I basically stayed in my meta, and played as if I was a towny lol.

Disc actually had the single best post in this game, in terms of logic and scumhunting.

That dude was throwing me off though. I was pissed.

Being pissed is understandable in the situation you were in. But, Disc did had good logic.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2015 7:20:48 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Nvm...I will do the game tomorrow.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
AFism
Posts: 1,030
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2015 7:28:05 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/12/2015 6:39:01 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 8/12/2015 6:09:10 AM, AFism wrote:
At 8/12/2015 6:06:17 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 8/12/2015 5:19:45 AM, AFism wrote:
I never want to play with disc again. Being scum or not your logic is TERRIBLE.

Also saph I basically stayed in my meta, and played as if I was a towny lol.

Disc actually had the single best post in this game, in terms of logic and scumhunting.

That dude was throwing me off though. I was pissed.

Being pissed is understandable in the situation you were in. But, Disc did had good logic.

I guess. What would you have fake claimed in that position? I thought dreamer was just risky enough to get a few more mislynches quick.
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2015 7:29:03 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/12/2015 7:28:05 AM, AFism wrote:
At 8/12/2015 6:39:01 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 8/12/2015 6:09:10 AM, AFism wrote:
At 8/12/2015 6:06:17 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 8/12/2015 5:19:45 AM, AFism wrote:
I never want to play with disc again. Being scum or not your logic is TERRIBLE.

Also saph I basically stayed in my meta, and played as if I was a towny lol.

Disc actually had the single best post in this game, in terms of logic and scumhunting.

That dude was throwing me off though. I was pissed.

Being pissed is understandable in the situation you were in. But, Disc did had good logic.

I guess. What would you have fake claimed in that position? I thought dreamer was just risky enough to get a few more mislynches quick.

Yeah, but your fake claim wasn't good. Claiming dreamer 3 times in a row, and not having your claim down was problematic.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
AFism
Posts: 1,030
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2015 7:50:45 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/12/2015 7:29:03 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 8/12/2015 7:28:05 AM, AFism wrote:
At 8/12/2015 6:39:01 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 8/12/2015 6:09:10 AM, AFism wrote:
At 8/12/2015 6:06:17 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 8/12/2015 5:19:45 AM, AFism wrote:
I never want to play with disc again. Being scum or not your logic is TERRIBLE.

Also saph I basically stayed in my meta, and played as if I was a towny lol.

Disc actually had the single best post in this game, in terms of logic and scumhunting.

That dude was throwing me off though. I was pissed.

Being pissed is understandable in the situation you were in. But, Disc did had good logic.

I guess. What would you have fake claimed in that position? I thought dreamer was just risky enough to get a few more mislynches quick.

Yeah, but your fake claim wasn't good. Claiming dreamer 3 times in a row, and not having your claim down was problematic.

what do you think would've worked