Total Posts:46|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

CS:GO Thread

XLAV
Posts: 13,724
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2015 3:54:04 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
So this is a discussion thread for CS:GO players.

For those who play, and I know some of you do, what league are you in?
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 6,573
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2015 6:11:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/12/2015 3:54:04 PM, XLAV wrote:

What is CS:GO?

Heard of it, but I don't know what it is.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
XLAV
Posts: 13,724
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2015 6:34:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/12/2015 6:11:29 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 8/12/2015 3:54:04 PM, XLAV wrote:

What is CS:GO?

Heard of it, but I don't know what it is.

Counter Strike: Global Offensive
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 6,573
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2015 6:36:00 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/12/2015 6:34:26 PM, XLAV wrote:
At 8/12/2015 6:11:29 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 8/12/2015 3:54:04 PM, XLAV wrote:

What is CS:GO?

Heard of it, but I don't know what it is.

Counter Strike: Global Offensive

Sounds fun. I'd win. Lol.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
Bullish
Posts: 3,527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2015 2:27:36 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
If XLAV and I lived on the same side of the world maybe we'd play together :C.

I am MG1, also known as single AK, which is the first rank that begins to be sexy.
0x5f3759df
ShabShoral
Posts: 3,243
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2015 3:24:31 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/12/2015 3:54:04 PM, XLAV wrote:
So this is a discussion thread for CS:GO players.

For those who play, and I know some of you do, what league are you in?

I hover around Gold Nova 1, but I should be promoted soon (hopefully).

What's your steam name?
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz

"No aspect of your facial structure suggests Filipino descent."
~ YYW
ShabShoral
Posts: 3,243
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2015 3:27:29 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/14/2015 2:27:36 AM, Bullish wrote:
If XLAV and I lived on the same side of the world maybe we'd play together :C.

I am MG1, also known as single AK, which is the first rank that begins to be sexy.

Steam name?
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz

"No aspect of your facial structure suggests Filipino descent."
~ YYW
Bullish
Posts: 3,527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2015 3:31:01 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/14/2015 3:27:29 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
At 8/14/2015 2:27:36 AM, Bullish wrote:
If XLAV and I lived on the same side of the world maybe we'd play together :C.

I am MG1, also known as single AK, which is the first rank that begins to be sexy.

Steam name?

Bullish. Avatar is AK-Sickle.
0x5f3759df
ShabShoral
Posts: 3,243
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2015 3:31:46 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/12/2015 6:34:26 PM, XLAV wrote:
At 8/12/2015 6:11:29 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 8/12/2015 3:54:04 PM, XLAV wrote:

What is CS:GO?

Heard of it, but I don't know what it is.

Counter Strike: Global Offensive

nvm, already have you added apparently, lol
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz

"No aspect of your facial structure suggests Filipino descent."
~ YYW
XLAV
Posts: 13,724
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2015 12:47:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/14/2015 2:27:36 AM, Bullish wrote:
If XLAV and I lived on the same side of the world maybe we'd play together :C.

I am MG1, also known as single AK, which is the first rank that begins to be sexy.

Its possible. I'll just have to increase my max ping.
Preston
Posts: 1,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2015 1:42:04 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Hate csgo, Stopped playing for a month, come back and there is some arbitrary leveling system that wont let me play competitively.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - George Carlin
XLAV
Posts: 13,724
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2015 2:12:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/14/2015 1:42:04 PM, Preston wrote:
Hate csgo, Stopped playing for a month, come back and there is some arbitrary leveling system that wont let me play competitively.

Do you suck at everything you play?
Preston
Posts: 1,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2015 3:00:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/14/2015 2:12:35 PM, XLAV wrote:
At 8/14/2015 1:42:04 PM, Preston wrote:
Hate csgo, Stopped playing for a month, come back and there is some arbitrary leveling system that wont let me play competitively.

Do you suck at everything you play?

No i hate grinding in a game that isnt meant to be about grinding.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - George Carlin
ShabShoral
Posts: 3,243
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 6:06:56 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/26/2015 12:37:36 AM, XLAV wrote:
Aw yeah.

Gold Nova 3 already.

I'm only GN2 :(((
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz

"No aspect of your facial structure suggests Filipino descent."
~ YYW
XLAV
Posts: 13,724
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2015 6:02:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/26/2015 6:06:56 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
At 8/26/2015 12:37:36 AM, XLAV wrote:
Aw yeah.

Gold Nova 3 already.

I'm only GN2 :(((

ha noob
Valkrin
Posts: 2,046
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2015 6:11:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
CS is a fun game with a crappy community at times.
For me, IDC how good a game is, if the community is crap I won't play the game. This is why I don't like games such as CoD or BF.
Though I still play CS from time to time.
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." - Vaarka
XLAV
Posts: 13,724
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2015 6:18:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/28/2015 6:11:28 PM, Valkrin wrote:
CS is a fun game with a crappy community at times.
For me, IDC how good a game is, if the community is crap I won't play the game. This is why I don't like games such as CoD or BF.
Though I still play CS from time to time.

CS will be a crappy community to you if u suck.

so get gud.
Valkrin
Posts: 2,046
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2015 6:24:01 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/28/2015 6:18:44 PM, XLAV wrote:
At 8/28/2015 6:11:28 PM, Valkrin wrote:
CS is a fun game with a crappy community at times.
For me, IDC how good a game is, if the community is crap I won't play the game. This is why I don't like games such as CoD or BF.
Though I still play CS from time to time.

CS will be a crappy community to you if u suck.

so get gud.

I'm not a Global Elite or some godlike rank, but I have experienced my fair share of CS competitive. No matter which rank you are in there are always people who can ruin the game for you, by either micspamming Russian (not necessarily a detriment, you learn another language for free :P), teamkilling, raging at people when they don't buy x weapon, the players who think they're the leader of the team and they can command everyone else, and the like.

Every game has its fair share of toxicity, and I was pretty decent at CS when I played. But CS' toxicity seems to far exceed that of other games I played, excluding LoL and Dota 2.

It's not a matter of getting good, it's just a matter of some of the community's general toxicity. Not all people are toxic, it's just toxic people are so prevalent I can never find myself a really good reason to play again.
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." - Vaarka
XLAV
Posts: 13,724
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2015 6:26:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Personally, I don't insult my teammates in Comp. I only insult if my teammates did something REALLY stupid, but even then, I usually make the insult mild like saying "wtf man" and I try to end it with a 'nice try' statement.

From my experience, I've only recieved a little insults for like forgetting to buy a defuser, lol. My advice is to just ignore their insults. Don't mute them though, unless they are just spamming in their mics.

I do insult every one in casual just for the lolz.
XLAV
Posts: 13,724
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2015 6:29:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/28/2015 6:24:01 PM, Valkrin wrote:
At 8/28/2015 6:18:44 PM, XLAV wrote:
At 8/28/2015 6:11:28 PM, Valkrin wrote:
CS is a fun game with a crappy community at times.
For me, IDC how good a game is, if the community is crap I won't play the game. This is why I don't like games such as CoD or BF.
Though I still play CS from time to time.

CS will be a crappy community to you if u suck.

so get gud.

I'm not a Global Elite or some godlike rank, but I have experienced my fair share of CS competitive. No matter which rank you are in there are always people who can ruin the game for you, by either micspamming Russian (not necessarily a detriment, you learn another language for free :P), teamkilling, raging at people when they don't buy x weapon, the players who think they're the leader of the team and they can command everyone else, and the like.

Every game has its fair share of toxicity, and I was pretty decent at CS when I played. But CS' toxicity seems to far exceed that of other games I played, excluding LoL and Dota 2.

It's not a matter of getting good, it's just a matter of some of the community's general toxicity. Not all people are toxic, it's just toxic people are so prevalent I can never find myself a really good reason to play again.

You can just mute the mic spammers, kick the trolls, and ignore the annoying onces. Don't take insults personally.

And also, get good. The reason why I recieve little insults is because I either top frag while losing or doing alright while winning.
Valkrin
Posts: 2,046
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2015 6:33:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/28/2015 6:26:44 PM, XLAV wrote:
Personally, I don't insult my teammates in Comp. I only insult if my teammates did something REALLY stupid, but even then, I usually make the insult mild like saying "wtf man" and I try to end it with a 'nice try' statement.

From my experience, I've only recieved a little insults for like forgetting to buy a defuser, lol. My advice is to just ignore their insults. Don't mute them though, unless they are just spamming in their mics.

I do insult every one in casual just for the lolz.

From my past experience I've never received a ton of insults either. If I did, it was mainly from the toxic people as stated above.

Overall though, I love CS, I just don't like playing it too much.
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." - Vaarka
Daltonian
Posts: 4,797
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 3:42:09 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
All of my male friends play this game. And I don't. Maybe I would start, but all of them have practically fvcking bankrupted themselves purchasing and betting on cases and keys and stuff. Too frugal for that :P
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
XLAV
Posts: 13,724
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 7:06:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/29/2015 3:42:09 AM, Daltonian wrote:
All of my male friends play this game. And I don't. Maybe I would start, but all of them have practically fvcking bankrupted themselves purchasing and betting on cases and keys and stuff. Too frugal for that :P

Then don't buy skins.
Valkrin
Posts: 2,046
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2015 12:34:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/29/2015 3:42:09 AM, Daltonian wrote:
All of my male friends play this game. And I don't. Maybe I would start, but all of them have practically fvcking bankrupted themselves purchasing and betting on cases and keys and stuff. Too frugal for that :P

It isn't any better in TF2.
People spend their life savings on hats.
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." - Vaarka