---Literature Mafia: DP5---

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 2:00:19 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
INTRO

"But the beginning of things, of a world especially, is necessarily vague, chaotic, and exceedingly disturbing. How few of us ever emerge from such beginning! How many souls perish in its tumult! The voice of the sea is seductive; never ceasing, whispering, clamoring, murmuring, inviting the soul to wander for a spell in abysses of solitude; to lose itself in mazes of inward contemplation. The voice of the sea speaks to the soul. The touch of the sea is sensuous, enfolding the body in its soft, close embrace." - The Awakening, by Kate Chopin

GRAVEYARD

YYW - Gregory Djanikian, Sidekick - Town
Trekie - Joseph Heller, JOAT - Mafia
XLAV - R.S. Gwynn, Faith Healer - Town
Skep - Alfred, Lord Tennyson, Mechanic - Town
Ford (TUF) - William Wordsworth, Faith Healer - Town
IFLY (Harder) - J.R.R. Tolkien, Author - Mafia
Khaos - Edgar Allen Poe, Vanilla - Town
7th - Paul Laurence Dunbar, Cop - Town

LYNCHED LAST DP

Khaos (Afism):

"I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree,
And a small cabin build there, of clay and wattles made;
Nine bean-rows will I have there, a hive for the honey-bee,
And live alone in the bee-loud glade."
- The Lake Isle of Innisfree

You are WILLIAM BUTLER YEATS. You are the ASCETIC. You cannot be targeted by non-lethal actions. You win with the town.

DIED IN THE NIGHT

FT:

"They didn"t have much trouble
teaching the ape to write poems:
first they strapped him into the chair,
then tied the pencil around his hand
(the paper had already been nailed down).
Then Dr. Bluespire leaned over his shoulder
and whispered into his ear:
'You look like a god sitting there.
Why don"t you try writing something?'"
- Teaching the Ape to Write Poems

You are JAMES TATE. You are the POET. At night you may do one of two things: (1) write a line of poetry--you can write up to four lines in a game, but only one passage per night, or (2) select another player and message them one of the lines of poetry you have written. That player will receive a 1-shot action that they can use in addition to their regular night ability based on the line you send them. You will not be aware of what the abilities are, just that they will not harm their recipient. You must write a line before it can be sent, and you may not target yourself; if an ability isn't used on the night it is sent, it will expire. You win with the town.

[Hidden Lines/Roles:

1. "And this was the reason that, long ago,
In this kingdom by the sea,
A wind blew out of a cloud, chilling
My beautiful Annabel Lee;"
- Annabel Lee

Roleblocker

2. "If by dull rhymes our English must be chain'd,
And, like Andromeda, the Sonnet sweet
Fetter'd, in spite of pained loveliness;
Let us find out, if we must be constrain'd,
Sandals more interwoven and complete
To fit the naked foot of poesy;"
- On the Sonnet

Post Restrictor

3. "Exult, O shores, and ring, O bells!
But I, with mournful tread,
Walk the deck my Captain lies,
Fallen cold and dead."
- O' Captain! My Captain!

Coroner

4. "For the heart whose woes are legion
'T is a peaceful, soothing region--
For the spirit that walks in shadow
'T is--oh, 't is an Eldorado!"
- Dream Land

Hider]

Endark:

"When I heard the learn'd astronomer,
When the proofs, the figures, were ranged in columns before me,
When I was shown the charts and diagrams, to add, divide, and measure them,
When I sitting heard the astronomer where he lectured with much applause in the lecture-room,
How soon unaccountable I became tired and sick,
Till rising and gliding out I wander'd off by myself,
In the mystical moist night-air, and from time to time,
Look'd up in perfect silence at the stars."
- When I heard the Learn'd Astronomer

You are WALT WHITMAN. You are the STAR-GAZER. Each night you may wander out beneath the stars and admire nature. You may guess at the number of stars out in the night sky that night (a number between and including 1 and 10) and if you are right, you will gain one of the following 1-shot abilities to use that night: FAITH HEALER, RANDOMIZER, and VOYEUR. As Faith Healer, you may select a target at night to protect. If that target has been targeted by another Faith Healer, the protection will not work. As Randomizer, you may select a target at night and force them to use their ability on a randomly selected other player. As Voyeur, you may select a player at night and learn what actions, if any, were performed on them. You win with the town.

LIVING PLAYERS

Wylted
Skep (Tej)
Saph
TN05
Dalt
Solon

With 6 players alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch.
The DP ends at 9:00pm, Central Time, on 8/18/15.

Good luck!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 2:06:48 AM
Skep got a 1x post restrictor ability from FT last night (apparently used on Wylted) and successfully vigged Endark.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 2:13:36 AM
Wow, I almost shot FT until he gave me that item. I wonder what killed him 0.o
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 2:13:52 AM
Lol @ double post
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 2:14:47 AM
So, Saph and I are town. Wonderful. And there is only one scum left.
- Hilaire Belloc -
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 2:16:06 AM
At 8/17/2015 2:13:36 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
Wow, I almost shot FT until he gave me that item. I wonder what killed him 0.o

Nevermind, I thought he was scum. Fvck. There could be two left.
- Hilaire Belloc -
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 2:17:41 AM
At 8/17/2015 2:15:54 AM, Daltonian wrote:
Why the fvck did ER lie about his role??

Why in god's fvcking name did he not use the voyeur early on and give us results?
- Hilaire Belloc -
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 2:19:00 AM
Well, I guess it makes sense for him to.

But even still, that was stupid. Imagine if Wylted had tracked him or Saph had user her journalist on him or something. He would have been lynched immediately. ER's play was dumb.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 2:20:03 AM
At 8/17/2015 2:17:41 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:

Why in god's fvcking name did he not use the voyeur early on and give us results?
This too.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 2:21:12 AM
I guess scum is in TN05 and Wylted. I really actually thought ER was the last scum ending the last DP though. IDK. It's probably TN05.

Would Wylted have risked softing the tracker claim so early?
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 2:22:48 AM
Actually, maybe ER never guessed the number of stars correctly, and was hedging his bets on not actually ever guessing it, given the chances of doing that.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 2:34:02 AM
Could Solon even be scum if there are two mafia left?

Two mafia, four town. Five votes to lynch Solon. Mafia would just kill Skep tonight, and they'd effectively just win the game.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 2:50:12 AM
At 8/17/2015 2:38:08 AM, Daltonian wrote:
I don't understand why Saph is confirmed town, either.

What's the point of a scum journalist, she completely replicated the PM that I received from bsh.
- Hilaire Belloc -
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 2:52:58 AM
At 8/17/2015 2:50:12 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 8/17/2015 2:38:08 AM, Daltonian wrote:
I don't understand why Saph is confirmed town, either.

What's the point of a scum journalist, she completely replicated the PM that I received from bsh.
It's almost effectively a role cop, so I don't see why it is impossible. I'm pretty sure I got assigned a journalist type role variant as a JOAT in Trekie's Transformers Mafia game, too.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 2:54:52 AM
But whatever, we shouldn't lynch Saph today in any case. Someone should look through Brian's past games to see, though.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 6:15:07 AM
The only people I'm willing to vote for is TNO5 and Dalt. If we have two scum left, my money is on them two. I think if Solob was scum the game would be over.
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 11:39:33 AM
At 8/17/2015 2:17:41 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:

Maybe he just never guessed correctly? Or if he did, maybe he got one of the other abilities.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 11:40:20 AM
At 8/17/2015 2:34:02 AM, Daltonian wrote:

Two mafia, four town. Five votes to lynch Solon. Mafia would just kill Skep tonight, and they'd effectively just win the game.

Is this definitely true?

SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 6:42:22 PM
At 8/17/2015 11:40:20 AM, Sapphique wrote:

Is this definitely true?

Technically no. If I were scum, you could still win by vigging me. That being said, we would have just killed Skep last night for the auto win, so I am practically confirmed. We have 3 confirmed townies today--me, Skep, and Saph. That leaves TN, Wylted, and Dalt. I think TN and Wylted are the mafia, but I'll go back through this tonight. Right now, I'm going to run around in 110 degree weather to figure out where my classes are. I'll be back in a few hours.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 7:04:55 PM
At 8/17/2015 6:42:22 PM, SolonKR wrote:
At 8/17/2015 11:40:20 AM, Sapphique wrote:

Is this definitely true?

Technically no. If I were scum, you could still win by vigging me. That being said, we would have just killed Skep last night for the auto win, so I am practically confirmed. We have 3 confirmed townies today--me, Skep, and Saph. That leaves TN, Wylted, and Dalt. I think TN and Wylted are the mafia, but I'll go back through this tonight. Right now, I'm going to run around in 110 degree weather to figure out where my classes are. I'll be back in a few hours.

I agree with your assessment, but leave myself out for obvious reasons. I think the game is now a formality to win for town. I like lynching Dalt or TNO5, but TNO5 is in everyone's list. I don't talking will get us anywhere, let's just win the game.

VTL TNO5
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 8:21:25 PM
I'd be okay with a Wylted lynch or a TN lynch. Come to think of it, has Wylted's role actually been proved? He tracked Tej, Solon, AFism, and Endark, right? Endark died, so that would've been easy to fake. Tracking AF didn't prove affiliation either way, and AF had already claimed. Dunno why he'd track a claimed popular. Tej is the only one that might be legit.

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 8:30:43 PM
VOTE COUNT

TN05 (1/4) - Wylted
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...