Jump to topic:

Mafia Strategy: Cop Cover

SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2015 1:44:39 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
So how would everyone feel if cop cover became a thing in DDO mafia? Basically, in the beginning of each DP all players say something like "If I am cop [random player] is [random affiliation]". The real cop, of course, gives their actual results. This lets town get all the cop's info if the cop dies in the night, and the cop never actually has to say they're cop.

On most sites, there is a negative impact due to the fact that it makes it easy for scum to narrow down cop. On DDO however, we're super obsessed with flavors (and roles in general), so POE is a much less viable option for mafia. There are only town benefits, and I'd like to see it become SOP on DDO. What do you guys think?
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2015 11:08:25 AM
At 8/18/2015 1:44:39 AM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
So how would everyone feel if cop cover became a thing in DDO mafia? Basically, in the beginning of each DP all players say something like "If I am cop [random player] is [random affiliation]". The real cop, of course, gives their actual results. This lets town get all the cop's info if the cop dies in the night, and the cop never actually has to say they're cop.

On most sites, there is a negative impact due to the fact that it makes it easy for scum to narrow down cop. On DDO however, we're super obsessed with flavors (and roles in general), so POE is a much less viable option for mafia. There are only town benefits, and I'd like to see it become SOP on DDO. What do you guys think?

How would letting scum narrow down the cop be a bad thing on a site without the common use of flavours? The only way for scum to know the real cop is if he actually gets an accurate result, and, considering dice rolls that call players town will more often than not be accurate just because of the number of townies, the only real indication that a player is the cop is if they get a guilty. If the cop does get a guilty then he would just claim it anyway and lynch the scum.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2015 12:28:36 PM
At 8/18/2015 11:08:25 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
At 8/18/2015 1:44:39 AM, SeventhProfessor wrote:

How would letting scum narrow down the cop be a bad thing on a site without the common use of flavours? The only way for scum to know the real cop is if he actually gets an accurate result, and, considering dice rolls that call players town will more often than not be accurate just because of the number of townies, the only real indication that a player is the cop is if they get a guilty. If the cop does get a guilty then he would just claim it anyway and lynch the scum.

While it would probably give town 1, maybe 2, confirmed scum lynches, mafia would still want to stop cop from giving town more results.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...