Jump to topic:

---Literature Mafia: ENDGAME---

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2015 2:23:50 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I hope you all enjoyed the game! Please wait until I've posted everything before commenting. Thanks!

SUMMARY

WINNER: Mafia
SECOND PLACE: Town

MAFIA MVP: Saph
TOWN MVP: None
OVERALL MVP: Saph

MAFIA

Saph:

"Surprises are foolish things. The pleasure is not enhanced, and the inconvenience is often considerable." - Emma

You are JANE AUSTEN. You are the 4-shot INFORMANT. Each night you may select another player. If that player receives information as a result of their role, or game-related messages from the mod, you will receive a copy of those messages.

Trekie:

"The chaplain had mastered, in a moment of divine intuition, the handy technique of protective rationalization, and he was exhilarated by his discovery. It was miraculous. It was almost no trick at all, he saw, to turn vice into virtue and slander into truth, impotence into abstinence, arrogance into humility, plunder into philanthropy, thievery into honor, blasphemy into wisdom, brutality into patriotism, and sadism into justice. Anybody could do it; it required no brains at all. It merely required no character." - Catch-22

You are JOSEPH HELLER. You are the JOAT. You have the following 2-shot abilities: JANITOR, STRONGMAN, and ROLEBLOCKER. As Janitor, you can hide the flip information of a killed player. As Strongman, if you carry out the mafia NK, you will by pass any protective abilities (doctor, jailkeeper, bodyguard, etc.) As Roleblocker, you may select a target at night and prevent them from using their role.

Dalt:

"They"re a rotten crowd", I shouted across the lawn. "You"re worth the whole damn bunch put together." - The Great Gatsby

You are F. SCOTT FITZGERALD. You are the GODFATHER/NINJA. You will appear town-affiliated to investigative roles, and investigative roles will be unable to track you at night if you carry out the mafia NK.

IFLY (Harder):

"'Good Morning!' said Bilbo, and he meant it. The sun was shining, and the grass was very green. But Gandalf looked at him from under long bushy eyebrows that stuck out further than the brim of his shady hat. 'What do you mean?' he said. 'Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel good this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?'All of them at once," said Bilbo. 'And a very fine morning for a pipe of tobacco out of doors, into the bargain.'...'Good morning!' he said at last. 'We don't want any adventures here, thank you! You might try over The Hill or across The Water.' By this he meant that the conversation was at an end. 'What a lot of things you do use Good morning for!' said Gandalf. 'Now you mean that you want to get rid of me, and that it won't be good till I move off.'" - The Hobbit

You are J.R.R. Tolkien. You are the AUTHOR. Each night you may choose to do one of two things: (1) write a book, or (2) convert a book into an ability that you can use. You can write up to four books per game, and one per night, and to do option (2), you must first have a book written. You will not know what a book will enable you to do, and if you choose not to use the ability the book gives you the night you receive it, it will expire. All such abilities are 1-shot. You win with the mafia.

[Hidden Lines/Roles:

The Fellowship of the Rings - Role Cop
The Silmarillion - Redirector
Two Towers - Lobbyist
The Return of the King - Back-Up]

TOWN

YYW:

"It's getting dark, you have sat for a long time.
If you move, you feel something will be disturbed,
there is room enough only for your body.
'Stay awhile,' Mrs. Caldera says,
and never have you felt so valuable."
- Mrs. Caldera's House of Things

You are GREGORY DJANIKIAN. You are the Nonconsecutive SIDEKICK. On nonconsecutive nights, you may select a player. Any non-lethal actions aimed at this player will be redirected to you. You win with the town.

XLAV:

"She hasn't seen His face--He's so aloof.
She's long resigned He'll never know or love her
But still can wish there were some call, some proof
That He requires a greater service of her.
Fingers of rain now drum upon the roof,
Coming form somewhere, somewhere far above her."
- God's Secretary

You are R.S. GWYNN. You are the FAITH HEALER. Each night you may select another player. If that player was not selected by another Faith Healer, they will be spared from any lethal actions aimed at them. If multiple Faith Healers select the same target, that target will receive no protection whatsoever. You win with the town.

Skep 1:

"But, for the unquiet heart and brain,
A use in measured language lies;
The sad mechanic exercise,
Like dull narcotics, numbing pain."
- In Memoriam A. H. H. OBIIT MDCCCXXXIII: 5

You are ALFRED, LORD TENNYSON. You are the Odd-night MECHANIC. Each odd-night you may examine the mechanics of the game, and thereby learn something about the game mechanics. These facts and the order in which they may be revealed to you are pre-determined. You win with the town.

[Hidden Information:

1. There is no TP in this game
2. Mafia are Authors, Town are Poets
3. This game began with 4 mafia
4. There are no hidden flavors in this game]

Ford (TUF):

"If this belief from heaven be sent,
If such be Nature"s holy plan,
Have I not reason to lament
What man has made of man?"
- Lines Written in Early Spring

You are WILLIAM WORDSWORTH. You are the FAITH HEALER. Each night you may select another player. If that player was not selected by another Faith Healer, they will be spared from any lethal actions aimed at them. If multiple Faith Healers select the same target, that target will receive no protection whatsoever. You win with the town.

Khaos 1:

"And all my days are trances,
And all my nightly dreams
Are where thy grey eye glances,
And where thy footstep gleams--
In what ethereal dances,
By what eternal streams."
- To One in Paradise

You are EDGAR ALLEN POE. You are VANILLA. You have no role. You win with the town.

7th:

"I know why the caged bird sings, ah me,
When his wing is bruised and his bosom sore,
When he beats his bars and would be free;
It is not a carol of joy or glee,
But a prayer that he sends from his heart's deep core,
But a plea, that upward to Heaven he flings -
I know why the caged bird sings."
- Sympathy

You are PAUL LAURENCE DUNBAR. You are the COP. Each night you may select another player. You will learn whether that player wins with the mafia (guilty) or not (innocent).

Khaos (Afism):

"I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree,
And a small cabin build there, of clay and wattles made;
Nine bean-rows will I have there, a hive for the honey-bee,
And live alone in the bee-loud glade."
- The Lake Isle of Innisfree

You are WILLIAM BUTLER YEATS. You are the ASCETIC. You cannot be targeted by non-lethal actions. You win with the town.

Solon:

"And sweetest - in the Gale - is heard -
And sore must be the storm -
That could abash the little Bird
That kept so many warm -"
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers - (314)

You are EMILY DICKINSON. You are POPULAR. It takes one extra vote to lynch you. You win with the town.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2015 2:24:46 AM
TOWN (Cont'd)

FT:

"They didn"t have much trouble
teaching the ape to write poems:
first they strapped him into the chair,
then tied the pencil around his hand
(the paper had already been nailed down).
Then Dr. Bluespire leaned over his shoulder
and whispered into his ear:
'You look like a god sitting there.
Why don"t you try writing something?'"
- Teaching the Ape to Write Poems

You are JAMES TATE. You are the POET. At night you may do one of two things: (1) write a line of poetry--you can write up to four lines in a game, but only one passage per night, or (2) select another player and message them one of the lines of poetry you have written. That player will receive a 1-shot action that they can use in addition to their regular night ability based on the line you send them. You will not be aware of what the abilities are, just that they will not harm their recipient. You must write a line before it can be sent, and you may not target yourself; if an ability isn't used on the night it is sent, it will expire. You win with the town.

[Hidden Lines/Roles:

1. "And this was the reason that, long ago,
In this kingdom by the sea,
A wind blew out of a cloud, chilling
My beautiful Annabel Lee;"
- Annabel Lee

Roleblocker

2. "If by dull rhymes our English must be chain'd,
And, like Andromeda, the Sonnet sweet
Fetter'd, in spite of pained loveliness;
Let us find out, if we must be constrain'd,
Sandals more interwoven and complete
To fit the naked foot of poesy;"
- On the Sonnet

Post Restrictor

3. "Exult, O shores, and ring, O bells!
But I, with mournful tread,
Walk the deck my Captain lies,
Fallen cold and dead."
- O' Captain! My Captain!

Coroner

4. "For the heart whose woes are legion
'T is a peaceful, soothing region--
For the spirit that walks in shadow
'T is--oh, 't is an Eldorado!"
- Dream Land

Hider]

Endark:

"When I heard the learn'd astronomer,
When the proofs, the figures, were ranged in columns before me,
When I was shown the charts and diagrams, to add, divide, and measure them,
When I sitting heard the astronomer where he lectured with much applause in the lecture-room,
How soon unaccountable I became tired and sick,
Till rising and gliding out I wander'd off by myself,
In the mystical moist night-air, and from time to time,
Look'd up in perfect silence at the stars."
- When I heard the Learn'd Astronomer

You are WALT WHITMAN. You are the STAR-GAZER. Each night you may wander out beneath the stars and admire nature. You may guess at the number of stars out in the night sky that night (a number between and including 1 and 10) and if you are right, you will gain one of the following 1-shot abilities to use that night: FAITH HEALER, RANDOMIZER, and VOYEUR. As Faith Healer, you may select a target at night to protect. If that target has been targeted by another Faith Healer, the protection will not work. As Randomizer, you may select a target at night and force them to use their ability on a randomly selected other player. As Voyeur, you may select a player at night and learn what actions, if any, were performed on them. You win with the town.

Skep (Tej):

"One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back"
- Jabberwocky

You are LEWIS CARROLL. You are the 2-shot VIGILANTE. Twice per game, and at night, you may select a player for death. You win with the town.

Wylted:

"Take up the White Man's burden--
Send forth the best ye breed--
Go, bind your sons to exile
To serve your captives' need;
To wait, in heavy harness,
On fluttered folk and wild--
Your new-caught sullen peoples,
Half devil and half child."
- The Whiteman's Burden

You are RUDYARD KIPLING. You are the 4-shot TRACKER. At night you may select another player and learn who, if anyone, they visit. You win with the town.

TN05:

"Life, friends, is boring. We must not say so.
After all, the sky flashes, the great sea yearns,
we ourselves flash and yearn,
and moreover my mother told me as a boy
(repeatingly) "Ever to confess you"re bored
means you have no"
- Dream Song 14

You are JOHN BERRYMAN. You are VANILLA. You have no role. You win with the town.

NIGHT ACTIONS

NP1

XLAV - Fthl. XLAV
Skep - Mech
Wylted - Trk. Tej
Ford - Fthl. XLAV
Endark - Guess; No Role
7th - Cop Harder
FT - Write Line
Saph - Info. Endark
Dalt - NK XLAV
Harder - Write Book

NP2

Wylted - Trk. Solon
Ford - Fthl. FT; Rlbk. Afism
Endark - Guess; Voy. Saph
7th - Cop Tej
FT - Send Line to Ford
Saph - Info. 7th
Dalt - NK Ford
Harder - Rlcp. Tej

NP3

Wylted - Trk. Afism
Endark - Guess; No Role
7th - Cop Wylted
FT - Write Line
Skep - Vig Khaos
Saph - Info. Khaos
Dalt - NK 7th

NP4

Wylted - Trk. Endark
Endark - Guess; No Role
FT - Send line to Skep
Skep - Vig Endark; Psrt. Wylted
Saph - Info. Skep
Dalt - NK FT

DAY PHASE ARCHIVE

Sign-Ups: http://www.debate.org...
DP1: http://www.debate.org...
DP2: http://www.debate.org...
DP3: http://www.debate.org...
DP4: http://www.debate.org...
DP5: http://www.debate.org...

MOD COMMENTS

A Note on Balance

I felt this game was fairly balanced. There needed to be 2 killing roles with multiple protective abilities, particularly when mafia had an incentive to not use the strongman a lot (limited shots, plus desire to avoid tracking.) But, even with the strongman and vigilante, and with the worst case scenario in place, town would've had to mislynch 4 times in order to lose (13-4, 10-4, 7-4, 5-4, 4-4 after final ML). The godfather/ninja balanced out the tracker and cop, and the JOAT would help mafia with fake claims (mafia was provided 2 fake claims--John Keats and Robert Frost). The Author's role gave mafia a chance of making use of town's vig and in countering the popular, but, in both cases, it did so weakly. The Poet, similarly, was a very, very weak counter to the Janitor. Town, with multiple forms of protection, a popular, 2 investigative roles, and a mechanic who could have given town very useful info, was well-positioned, I think. Similarly, mafia was also well positioned, with a useful informational role, and 3 roles that empowered them to counter what town had at its disposal.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2015 2:25:36 AM
MOD COMMENTS (Cont'd)

The Final DP

In post 4 of DP5, Saph scum-slipped. The role of Journalist is one that provides the journalist with messages the mod sent to a player. How would she have known Skep targeted Endark? The only message I sent to Skep about his vig choice was: "Your actions were successful." It was obvious (or it should've been to Skep) that Saph had inside knowledge.

Additionally, Dalt made a very salient observation: I would mod-kill a scum team that gave up. It was likely then that TN05 and Wylted had not simply "given up" as was hypothesized. Town should've examined, then, alternative motivations that both of them may have had in voting the way they did. Town failed there. That being said, I also think that Wylted and TN05's votes on Solon were incomprehensible.

Skep was confirmed town, but I don't get how Saph or Solon were essentially confirmed. Town was pretty strong--why not a popular mafioso? Why was the Journalist not the mafia variant: the informer? Town tunneled, and lost out as a result. This game was lost in the last DP, because town was too willing to "confirm" people, because town failed to analyze posts such that they missed a clear scum slip, because town didn't appropriately analyze the motives of Wylted and TN05's actions. It was mind-boggling, and because mafia was crafty.

Massive props to trekie for staying very active even after death, contributing excellent advice. Saph and Dalt blended in well (esp. Saph), and they used their night actions wisely and judiciously. I almost always agreed with their actions. They had an effective, deliberative approach. I gave Saph the MVP because of how well she duped town into "confirming" here--she played the townie well. Trekie was a close second, simply because of her awesome effort in staying active and helpful. Plaudits!

I did not award a town MVP. There were players who played well, but most made crucial mistakes. Skep made 2 misvig's, FT had Khaos-phobia and didn't see Saph coming, and 7th was too obviously cop and drew the NK (he could've selected some targets better, too). This is not to be harsh, because they played decently; it's just to say that there was no standout townie in this game.

TLDR

Good game! Congrats to mafia on their impressive win! Hoped you all liked the game, whether you played for a few hours to all 5 DPs! Feel free to post now...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2015 2:28:29 AM
And, just to leave you all on a literary note...

"Not every man knows what he shall sing at the end,
Watching the pier as the ship sails away, or what it will seem like
When he"s held by the sea"s roar, motionless, there at the end,
Or what he shall hope for once it is clear that he"ll never go back."

- The End, by Mark Strand
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2015 2:32:26 AM
HAHAHA!!!
I told you all I'd be confirmed if you just lynched Dalton!!!
Also, even with my push on Wylted DP4, if you had followed my reads, we'd had won anyway.

Unfortunately, with me being at work, I couldn't make the push to Dalton, nor say that I town read Wylted. I don't like this wait until the end of the DP crap.

But, seriously, what awful play from town, especially Wylted and TN05.
Why would mafia fake claim ascetic, or use their popular to do the NK?
Town needs to be active. It's not that hard, guys.
I can't believe you shot ER or me. We led the lynch on IFLY.
My work here is, finally, done.
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2015 2:38:29 AM
Thanks for playing everyone. This was a great game for me and I will absolutely agree that Saph played very well. I would also like to give lots of credit to Trekie, though, because I think she deserves mafia MVP as much as Saph does. She was the driving force behind a lot of scum's actions, came up with practically all of our fake claims, and just served as an invaluable asset to the mafia.

I think us three as a team, especially (that being Saph, Trekie, and myself), naturally coordinated very well; and I don't think we would have done as well had one of us not been as present in the game as we were.

Anyways, thanks Brian for modding. I'll post the mafia PM once I have permission, if people want.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2015 2:39:32 AM
At 8/18/2015 2:32:26 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Meh. So did I.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2015 2:41:28 AM
Yay! Good game everyone. This was my first time as scum in a real game, so I'm happy that we won. I facepalmed so many times after that slip though--I was really expecting someone to catch it. That said, Trekie deserves a lot of credit. She was really helpful and kept up with the game, strategizing with us on NKs and coming up with fake claims. And Dalt too--I think he also played to his paranoid meta pretty well with only the 1x coroner fake claim as something that could've gone badly. Props to Khaos for almost getting Dalt; (un)fortunately we mislynched him. FT, XLAV, and Solon also played pretty well for the most part. Ironically, we could've NK'd FT on the first NP with the way the faith healers both targeted XLAV lol.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2015 2:43:32 AM
Thanks for the game, bsh1. I had a lot of fun ^.^
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2015 2:43:48 AM
At 8/18/2015 2:39:32 AM, Daltonian wrote:
Meh. So did I.

I guess the vote count doesn't reflect my memory.
Still, he should have been town read for nearly the same reason as FT. We abandoned the current wagons and teamed up to create a new wagon.

By the way, were you ever going to NK me with my dreamer soft claim?
I was pissed when ford not only outted himself but also XLAV.
Good catch on that, BTW.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2015 2:45:28 AM
And, Saph should have very much been examined for her role.
Of all the players to NK NP3, why 7th? That was a lucky guess, or mafia had some inside knowledge.....perhaps learning the result?
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2015 2:45:41 AM
At 8/18/2015 2:24:46 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Skep (Tej):

He went galumphing back"
- Jabberwocky

^
Why wasn't this italicized?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2015 2:46:25 AM
At 8/18/2015 2:43:48 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Meh. So did I.

Still, he should have been town read for nearly the same reason as FT. We abandoned the current wagons and teamed up to create a new wagon.
This is true.
I think we would have eventually, but as we just found out 7th was cop and Tej was the vig, they were a higher priority as far as NKs go.
Good catch on that, BTW.
Eh, I'm not sure he did, exactly. It was very lucky.

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2015 2:47:40 AM
At 8/18/2015 2:45:28 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
And, Saph should have very much been examined for her role.
Of all the players to NK NP3, why 7th? That was a lucky guess, or mafia had some inside knowledge.....perhaps learning the result?

My informant role. I got the message "Tej is innocent" and therefore we knew 7th was the cop. We kinda guessed from what she said about her strongest townread being Tej and she scumread 1harder to the point of wanting his lynch. The informant role just confirmed it.

XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2015 2:48:30 AM
I originally wanted to target FT, but I got all paranoid that Ford might target FT and mafia might not even target FT at all.
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2015 2:48:56 AM
Meh. So did I.

We definitely bought it, but with you being such a crucial mislynch target, we were never going to NK you.

We wasted our informant on you the night that you died, though, worried you might receive a dream if Skep didn't vig you and we didn't visit you ;)
Good catch on that, BTW.
Yeah, that definitely helped us out.

You did play pretty well, relatively, though. I thought you were having a bad game for a while when you town read me and Saph going into the third day phase, but you became more of threat with your read accuracy later on. Sorry for some of my rudeness, btw, it was totally a part of how I was trying to play my scum meta. lol.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2015 2:49:00 AM
At 8/18/2015 2:45:44 AM, XLAV wrote:
Lol. Goddammit Ford.

I expected you to target FT.

We were actually expecting the other faith healer (you) to target Ford and leave Ford to protect whoever he wanted. It worked out for us though, lol.

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2015 2:49:10 AM
At 8/18/2015 2:45:41 AM, OberHerr wrote:
At 8/18/2015 2:24:46 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Skep (Tej):

He went galumphing back"
- Jabberwocky

^
Why wasn't this italicized?

Meanie.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2015 2:52:34 AM
At 8/18/2015 2:48:30 AM, XLAV wrote:
I originally wanted to target FT, but I got all paranoid that Ford might target FT and mafia might not even target FT at all.

Yeah, that was kinda funny to watch you swtich your actions to protect yourself.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2015 2:53:59 AM
At 8/18/2015 2:48:56 AM, Daltonian wrote:
Meh. So did I.

We definitely bought it, but with you being such a crucial mislynch target, we were never going to NK you.

We wasted our informant on you the night that you died, though, worried you might receive a dream if Skep didn't vig you and we didn't visit you ;)

At least something went right this game. LOL
Never mess with the man with a death wish.
Good catch on that, BTW.
Yeah, that definitely helped us out.

You did play pretty well, relatively, though. I thought you were having a bad game for a while when you town read me and Saph going into the third day phase, but you became more of threat with your read accuracy later on. Sorry for some of my rudeness, btw, it was totally a part of how I was trying to play my scum meta. lol.

I don't take things personally in mafia. Never have.
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2015 2:55:28 AM

How is this so?

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2015 2:55:54 AM
Ok, everyone. Take note - never ask me to play in your games (I was asked to play in NSYNC and this). I'm not going to play if people in the game call for me to be blacklisted, modkilled, or replaced "because I don't meet the activity requirement" when a simple question to Bsh would confirm that I met the activity requirement. So yeah, that pisses me off.

I'm going to address the three posts about me directly:

At 8/6/2015 10:55:17 PM, Wylted wrote:
Harder should just be modkilled for being completely useless and should refrain from signing up to games in the future, since he doesn't really participate in them.

1. Being below the average activity level is not a modkillable offense, and neither is a subjective view of what is "useless". And we should also policy lynch Khaos every game on DP1.
2. I was refraining from signing up before these two games, thank you. I found that I had trouble concentrating on the games, so I took a break from mafia for a few months. And I was asked to join 7th's game, and I joined because it needed people, and I like 7th enough that I'd help him out with that. And I was asked to join this game, and Bsh is my friend, so I joined.

---

At 8/6/2015 10:56:25 PM, SolonKR wrote:
I do wonder why Bsh hasn't replaced him. He hasn't been making 5 substantial posts during the DPs, and there are like 5 people that want to replace in...

Well isn't this just absolutely factual? I asked Brian if I was meeting the requirements for activity after replacing out, and he said I did. Isn't that just a fine and dandy thing to know?

---

At 8/6/2015 11:29:32 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
It'd be great if Harder were replaced by IFLY (who expressed interest in the game). Harder is seriously becoming black-list worthy with his level of activity. This is simply unacceptable.

The way I took this was that you just wanted to get your friend in the game, so you took me and sheeped the last two people who talked about me, and said I have blacklist-level inactivity. What's ironic is that I met the activity requirement, so without me asking, I wouldn't have been replaced - let alone modkilled or blacklisted. And what disappoints me is that I've told you personally about me having trouble with keeping up my activity due to concentration problems. That was annoying, too. I hope you enjoyed getting to play with IFLY.

So you guys don't need to worry about blacklisting me - I won't be wanting to play anyway.

---

Lastly, good job mafia.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2015 2:56:49 AM
*thought I would redeem myself in the last few DPs*
*overall read accuracy of 0%*

My sig still rings true. I think I need to go back to the Beginner's Series. I can't read people correctly to save my life and I don't know why. I mean, I saved AFism on DP1, but she/Khaos got mislynched later on anyway.

GG WP mafia, especially Saph (Dalt too, but I might have considered voting for him if Wylted and TN didn't pull the move they did. The fact that he was so reluctant to vote Wylted after the votes were cast set my townread of him in stone).
I should have unvoted from Wylted when I talked about my strategy. I still probably would have messed it up, though.

Also, mafia is on a six-game winning streak (not counting the Beginner's Series). Good lord.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2015 2:58:44 AM
This game marks a pretty long Mafia win streak, though.

TV Tropes II - Mafia Win
Prog Rock - Mafia Win
Game of Thrones - Mafia Win
Fire Emblem - Mafia Win
N Sync - Mafia Win
Literature - Mafia Win

That's seven consecutive mafia wins. Anyone know the record?
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2015 2:59:35 AM
At 8/18/2015 2:55:28 AM, Sapphique wrote:

How is this so?

Given the roles in the game, the only utility from mafia's standpoint was that I could not be tracked or copped. A ninja godfather is the exact thing I was, so if I was scum, there would be two effective ninja godfathers.

There were only about three roles that town had that would have even helped mafia at all, so the only utility of ascetic was to not be seen or copped.
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2015 3:01:22 AM
At 8/18/2015 2:56:49 AM, SolonKR wrote:
*thought I would redeem myself in the last few DPs*
*overall read accuracy of 0%*

My sig still rings true. I think I need to go back to the Beginner's Series. I can't read people correctly to save my life and I don't know why. I mean, I saved AFism on DP1, but she/Khaos got mislynched later on anyway.
Meh, I think the entire town, albeit with a few exceptions, had trouble formulating consistent reads in this game. There were a lot of distractions happening that were redirecting a lot of people's focuses; on balance, I think you are still definitely one of the better active players on here, Solon.

GG WP mafia, especially Saph (Dalt too, but I might have considered voting for him if Wylted and TN didn't pull the move they did. The fact that he was so reluctant to vote Wylted after the votes were cast set my townread of him in stone).
I should have unvoted from Wylted when I talked about my strategy. I still probably would have messed it up, though.

Also, mafia is on a six-game winning streak (not counting the Beginner's Series). Good lord.
Damn, you beat me to this. By my count, it's actually seven.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2015 3:01:30 AM
At 8/18/2015 2:59:35 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 8/18/2015 2:55:28 AM, Sapphique wrote:

How is this so?

Given the roles in the game, the only utility from mafia's standpoint was that I could not be tracked or copped. A ninja godfather is the exact thing I was, so if I was scum, there would be two effective ninja godfathers.

There were only about three roles that town had that would have even helped mafia at all, so the only utility of ascetic was to not be seen or copped.

I see now. Thanks. How'd you guess/know that Dalt was godfather-ninja, though?

XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2015 3:02:03 AM
At 8/18/2015 2:55:54 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Ok, everyone. Take note - never ask me to play in your games (I was asked to play in NSYNC and this). I'm not going to play if people in the game call for me to be blacklisted, modkilled, or replaced "because I don't meet the activity requirement" when a simple question to Bsh would confirm that I met the activity requirement. So yeah, that pisses me off.

I'm going to address the three posts about me directly:

At 8/6/2015 10:55:17 PM, Wylted wrote:
Harder should just be modkilled for being completely useless and should refrain from signing up to games in the future, since he doesn't really participate in them.

1. Being below the average activity level is not a modkillable offense, and neither is a subjective view of what is "useless". And we should also policy lynch Khaos every game on DP1.
2. I was refraining from signing up before these two games, thank you. I found that I had trouble concentrating on the games, so I took a break from mafia for a few months. And I was asked to join 7th's game, and I joined because it needed people, and I like 7th enough that I'd help him out with that. And I was asked to join this game, and Bsh is my friend, so I joined.

---

At 8/6/2015 10:56:25 PM, SolonKR wrote:
I do wonder why Bsh hasn't replaced him. He hasn't been making 5 substantial posts during the DPs, and there are like 5 people that want to replace in...

Well isn't this just absolutely factual? I asked Brian if I was meeting the requirements for activity after replacing out, and he said I did. Isn't that just a fine and dandy thing to know?

---

At 8/6/2015 11:29:32 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
It'd be great if Harder were replaced by IFLY (who expressed interest in the game). Harder is seriously becoming black-list worthy with his level of activity. This is simply unacceptable.

The way I took this was that you just wanted to get your friend in the game, so you took me and sheeped the last two people who talked about me, and said I have blacklist-level inactivity. What's ironic is that I met the activity requirement, so without me asking, I wouldn't have been replaced - let alone modkilled or blacklisted. And what disappoints me is that I've told you personally about me having trouble with keeping up my activity due to concentration problems. That was annoying, too. I hope you enjoyed getting to play with IFLY.

So you guys don't need to worry about blacklisting me - I won't be wanting to play anyway.

---

Lastly, good job mafia.

Requirments or not, you still didn't contribute much in the DP. Hell, you can pass the activity requirments just by posting a lot of BS.