Beginners' Mafia 39.3: DP2

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2015 9:06:16 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
LYNCHED LAST DP

Wylted - You are TIONNE SOLUSAR. Recordkeeper of the order, you hunt down information to revive the archives of old. As such, you are the 3-shot JOURNALIST. You may select another player, and receive copies of any official mod messages sent to them that night. You win with the town.

DIED IN THE NIGHT

Hoppi - You are OCTA RAMIS. You lack a prominent role in the novels, and so you are VANILLA. You have no role. You win with the town.

LIVING PLAYERS

Cotton
Afism
Disc
Saph
Tej
Midnight
Harder

With 8 players alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.
The DP ends at 4:00pm, DDO time, on 8/21/15.

Good luck!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Midnight1131
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2015 9:09:42 PM
Ok, first off, I'd like to ask 101 why he posted in the announcement PM.

This is what he said - "I select 1harderthanyouthink"
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2015 9:13:13 PM
At 8/19/2015 9:09:42 PM, Midnight1131 wrote:

He claimed odd-night hider last DP.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2015 9:14:59 PM

^ I'd like to know this as well. I'm going to look at last DP again and see if I can figure out why Hoppi was killed. Seems like an odd choice, if it was a NK. But we can't rule out the possibility of a SK being in here either.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2015 9:16:28 PM

Obvious noob mistake. It happens, and it shouldn't. Everyone needs to be very careful what happens....

But, this means 101 is town. So, we got that going for us.

Why did you all lynch Wylted? He was clearly town, and clearly journalist.
My work here is, finally, done.
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2015 9:19:52 PM
Why did Wylted claim miller when he wasn't the miller? What was the point of that?
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2015 9:20:54 PM
At 8/19/2015 9:16:28 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
He was clearly town, and clearly journalist.

I wasn't there at the end of the DP. But how was he clearly town, or journalist?

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2015 9:22:06 PM

Obvious noob mistake. It happens, and it shouldn't. Everyone needs to be very careful what happens....

He fake claimed. Instead of making a claim that would have stopped his lynch, he made one that accelerated it.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2015 9:23:04 PM
At 8/19/2015 9:13:13 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Forgot about this. Lol either the mafia team had already selected a target and had it confirmed, or they forgot about 101's claim. Cause if they had NK'd 1harder, then 101 would also have died. That is, if 1harder is town.

Discipulus_Didicit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2015 9:24:03 PM

He claimed miller under pressure. Seemed fishy to me. You replaced AFism right?
Cobalt - You could be scum too.
Matt - I suppose. But I also might not be.

Kiri - Yeah, I don't know what DD is doing.
Vaarka - He's doin'a thingy do

DD - The best advice most often goes unheeded.
Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2015 9:24:12 PM
At 8/19/2015 9:23:04 PM, Sapphique wrote:

Forgot about this. Lol either the mafia team had already selected a target and had it confirmed, or they forgot about 101's claim. Cause if they had NK'd 1harder, then 101 would also have died. That is, if 1harder is town.

101's post was, indeed, well after the 24 hour mark on the night. I imagine most to all players had confirmed.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2015 9:25:12 PM
At 8/19/2015 9:20:54 PM, Sapphique wrote:

I wasn't there at the end of the DP. But how was he clearly town, or journalist?

He asked and bolded "do you need a reporter" to tell you that.
Odd, it was directed at you, IIRC....
So, lass, but I got an FOS on you right now, but also on Harder for something I can't recall last DP.

I only read the DP from about where I said I'd replace, so I have no idea who claimed what, why Hoppi died, or anything.

I got to go from work to work in a few minutes, but I'll be back in about five hours.
My work here is, finally, done.
Discipulus_Didicit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2015 9:28:52 PM
At 8/19/2015 9:14:59 PM, Sapphique wrote:

^ I'd like to know this as well. I'm going to look at last DP again and see if I can figure out why Hoppi was killed. Seems like an odd choice, if it was a NK. But we can't rule out the possibility of a SK being in here either.

I was thinking the same thing. I would have gone for tej if I was them, but maybe they were afraid of a doc. Or maybe there is an SK like you said.

Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2015 9:29:32 PM
At 8/19/2015 9:23:04 PM, Sapphique wrote:

Actions were locked in before 101 posted. Just an FYI for everyone. This does not confirm or deny anyone's role or affiliation.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2015 9:37:50 PM
At 8/19/2015 9:25:12 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Where's that? I don't recall.
So, lass, but I got an FOS on you right now, but also on Harder for something I can't recall last DP.

I only read the DP from about where I said I'd replace, so I have no idea who claimed what, why Hoppi died, or anything.
Tej claimed 3x cop, 101 claimed odd-night hider.
I got to go from work to work in a few minutes, but I'll be back in about five hours.

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2015 9:40:29 PM
At 8/19/2015 9:25:12 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Claim before you go?

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Discipulus_Didicit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2015 9:40:50 PM
@ Tej We need last nights results.

Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2015 9:52:53 PM
Oh, Khaos, I found that "i am a reporter" post. It was directed at Hoppi, not me.

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2015 10:04:19 PM
Hoppi and Wylted are both dead, and they were both town, That means all the scum were either on Wylted's mislynch, or they didn't vote.

Out of those (Tej, Disc, 101, 1harder, Midnight, Cotton, Khaos), I'm pretty sure 101 is town. The only thing keeping me from voting Tej is his 3x cop claim--he seems scummy via behavior, especially the way in which he ended up claiming, but since cop is a very common role and he hasn't been cc'd, I guess I'll wait for his results. Midnight hammered and 1harder put Wylted at L-1, so I FoS them both. Midnight slightly less due to his research on the character prior to the lynch. Disc's certainty in Wylted being scum sticks out. And look at this:
http://www.debate.org...
If Hoppi was correct in his guess, then both Disc and Tej had reason to want him dead for fear of him pushing their lynches later. Another possible motivation is simply that Hoppi was widely townread, so scum just wanted to get rid of him.

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2015 10:13:53 PM
I will buy Midnight, 1harder, and Disc as potential scum. If Tej's role isn't proved, then he's on my list as well.

By the way, anyone know if scum get fake character claims or not? I don't recall having them when I was scum in one of the earlier beginner games, but I'm not sure.

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2015 10:15:03 PM
VTL Midnight

For claim.

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2015 10:16:40 PM
I wish Hoppi had posted more. That would've given us more stuff to analyze. That being said, Cotton needs to post more.

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2015 10:20:24 PM
Hindsight is 20/20. When you have someone claim miller nearly two days into the first DP, they ought to be killed - as they cannot be trusted.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2015 10:39:29 PM
At 8/19/2015 10:20:24 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Hindsight is 20/20. When you have someone claim miller nearly two days into the first DP, they ought to be killed - as they cannot be trusted.

The question remains...why did he claim miller if he wasn't one?

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2015 10:41:23 PM
At 8/19/2015 10:39:29 PM, Sapphique wrote:
At 8/19/2015 10:20:24 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

The question remains...why did he claim miller if he wasn't one?

You'd have to ask him in the endgame.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Discipulus_Didicit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2015 10:44:11 PM
I think tej is town, although it is possible that he is scum and the real cop simply does not want to out themselves, I rather doubt that is the case.

Midnight was a null read for me. Yes there was the Wylted hammer but it did not seem like an oportunistic scum hammer to me, he announced intent to hammer and everything. Plus Wylted fake claimed miller under pressure with a character that did not look much like a miller. How he expected not to get lynched is a mystery to me.

1harder may be scum. Something he said last DP looked fishy to me, I forgot exactly what. I will re read and see if I can remember what it was.

101 is pretty much confirmed town given his claim and last nights slip up, I rather doubt that was an elaborate ruse to fool us since he risked getting mod killed (again) to do what he did.

Cotton and khaos are null to me for now, for obvious reasons.

Saph I have as slight town due to behavior, but I would like to point out that she is using a mislynch that she was on for analysis. Given the fact that wylted fake claimed miller I would not be surprised if most votes on him were townies. The mafia probably just stood back and watched. Why would a townie fake claim miller anyways?

Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2015 11:21:03 PM
Maybe Wylted was trying to bait a lynch to see who hopped on it? Idk.
Scum will feign reluctance to lynch a townie sometimes, knowing that it'll get them townread. Though there is the thing that I mentioned earlier about him looking up the character. It felt pretty genuine. Thoughts?

@Disc, I know I was on the mislynch as well, but I think my vote was there for a claim and I wasn't online for the end of the DP. Tej, if you're really the cop, feel free to investigate me.

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2015 11:29:20 PM
At 8/19/2015 11:21:03 PM, Sapphique wrote:
Scum will feign reluctance to lynch a townie sometimes, knowing that it'll get them townread. Though there is the thing that I mentioned earlier about him looking up the character. It felt pretty genuine. Thoughts?

@Disc, I know I was on the mislynch as well, but I think my vote was there for a claim and I wasn't online for the end of the DP. Tej, if you're really the cop, feel free to investigate me.

What was Tej's character?

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2015 11:30:14 PM
At 8/19/2015 11:29:20 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Polygamist.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2015 11:30:48 PM
At 8/19/2015 11:30:14 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 8/19/2015 11:29:20 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Polygamist.

Wrong game.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King