bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 2:21:49 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Mafia wins!!

MAFIA

Disc - You are YARAEL POOF. A master of mindtricks, illusions, and mental manipulation, you can disable, confuse, intimidate, and trick opponents without even drawing your blade. Thus, you are the JOAT. You have the following 1-shot abilities: FRAMER, ROLEBLOCKER, and ROLE COP.

Khaos (Afism) - You are MACE WINDU. A master of vaapad, you are one of the Order's strongest fighters. Thus, you are the STRONGMAN. If you carry out the NK, you will bypass any protection the target has.

Harder - You are COLEMAN TREBOR. A natural diplomat and skilled orator, you are POPULAR. It takes 1 extra vote to lynch you.

TOWN

Cotton - You are MARA JADE SKYWALKER. As Luke's constant companion, you are the SIDEKICK. Each night you may select a player, and any nonlethal actions aimed at them will be redirected towards you. You win with the town.

Midnight - You are JAINA SOLO FEL. As the "sword" of the Order, you are the 2-shot VIGILANTE. Twice per game, at night, you may choose someone for death. You win with the town.

Wylted - You are TIONNE SOLUSAR. Recordkeeper of the order, you hunt down information to revive the archives of old. As such, you are the 3-shot JOURNALIST. You may select another player, and receive copies of any official mod messages sent to them that night. You win with the town.

Hoppi - You are OCTA RAMIS. You lack a prominent role in the novels, and so you are VANILLA. You have no role. You win with the town.

Saph - You are CILGHAL. As the preeminent healer of the Order, you are the DOCTOR. Each night, you may select a person to protect from death. You win with the town.

101 - You are TRESINA LOBI. You are known for your ability to blend into crowds, thus you are the odd-night HIDER. Each night you may select another player. If you do so, no other player may target you directly. If your target dies, you will die too. You win with the town.

Tej - You are SABA SEBATYNE. A decisive person, willing to pursue the truth and the right, as well as someone skilled in the Force Sense ability, you make a natural 3-shot COP. Each even night, you may target someone, and learn whether they win with the town (innocent) or not (guilty). You win with the town.

NIGHT ACTIONS

NP1

Tej - Cop Disc
Cotton - Sdk. Disc
Saph - Doc Tej
101 - Hide Harder
Disc - Rlbk. Tej
Khaos - Strng. Hoppi

NP2

Tej - Cop Cotton
Cotton - Sdk. Tej
Saph - Doc Tej
Disc - Rlcp. Saph
Disc - NK Cotton

NP3

Midnight - Vig Disc
Tej - Cop Saph
Saph - Doc Tej
101 - Hide Khaos
Disc - Frm. Saph
Khaos - Strng. Midnight

COMMENTS

My DP4 error was in thinking that if town lynched Khaos, and Harder failed to have a successful NK, town could still lynch Harder. Obviously, math is not my strong suit, since with 4 players, it would take 4 votes to lynch a popular. Hence, mafia wins.

This game could've provided some interesting discussion regarding themes, but no one really engaged in that. All mafia were males from the Old Republic era on the high council. All townies were females from the New Republic era on the high council. Mafia could've tried to claim that the theme was females vs. males, council members vs. non-council members, or Old vs. New Order. It also gave mafia a larger range of possible fake claims given how they wanted to frame the game (if they argued the town were all females, they still could've claimed a female from the Old Order, for example). Mafia did, however, given the claims mess, receive the fake claim of Barrakt'l.

Sign-ups for 40.x will be up in the next few days.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Midnight1131
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 2:24:09 AM
I realize now I should've probably told you guys I'd be shooting Disc instead of Khaos... my bad...
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
Discipulus_Didicit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 2:27:07 AM
At 8/26/2015 2:24:09 AM, Midnight1131 wrote:
I realize now I should've probably told you guys I'd be shooting Disc instead of Khaos... my bad...

The only way town could have won was if you had shot harder.

If it is any consolidation, you did exactly as I would have done in your difficult position.
Cobalt - You could be scum too.
Matt - I suppose. But I also might not be.

Kiri - Yeah, I don't know what DD is doing.
Vaarka - He's doin'a thingy do

DD - The best advice most often goes unheeded.
Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
Midnight1131
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 2:28:32 AM
At 8/26/2015 2:27:07 AM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:

If it is any consolidation, you did exactly as I would have done in your difficult position.

Why did I die though? I don't believe any of your roles killed me, right?
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
anonymouse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 2:30:02 AM
At 8/26/2015 2:21:49 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Mafia wins!!

MAFIA

Disc - You are YARAEL POOF. A master of mindtricks, illusions, and mental manipulation, you can disable, confuse, intimidate, and trick opponents without even drawing your blade. Thus, you are the JOAT. You have the following 1-shot abilities: FRAMER, ROLEBLOCKER, and ROLE COP.

Khaos (Afism) - You are MACE WINDU. A master of vaapad, you are one of the Order's strongest fighters. Thus, you are the STRONGMAN. If you carry out the NK, you will bypass any protection the target has.

Harder - You are COLEMAN TREBOR. A natural diplomat and skilled orator, you are POPULAR. It takes 1 extra vote to lynch you.

TOWN

Cotton - You are MARA JADE SKYWALKER. As Luke's constant companion, you are the SIDEKICK. Each night you may select a player, and any nonlethal actions aimed at them will be redirected towards you. You win with the town.

Midnight - You are JAINA SOLO FEL. As the "sword" of the Order, you are the 2-shot VIGILANTE. Twice per game, at night, you may choose someone for death. You win with the town.

Wylted - You are TIONNE SOLUSAR. Recordkeeper of the order, you hunt down information to revive the archives of old. As such, you are the 3-shot JOURNALIST. You may select another player, and receive copies of any official mod messages sent to them that night. You win with the town.

Hoppi - You are OCTA RAMIS. You lack a prominent role in the novels, and so you are VANILLA. You have no role. You win with the town.

Saph - You are CILGHAL. As the preeminent healer of the Order, you are the DOCTOR. Each night, you may select a person to protect from death. You win with the town.

101 - You are TRESINA LOBI. You are known for your ability to blend into crowds, thus you are the odd-night HIDER. Each night you may select another player. If you do so, no other player may target you directly. If your target dies, you will die too. You win with the town.

Tej - You are SABA SEBATYNE. A decisive person, willing to pursue the truth and the right, as well as someone skilled in the Force Sense ability, you make a natural 3-shot COP. Each even night, you may target someone, and learn whether they win with the town (innocent) or not (guilty). You win with the town.

NIGHT ACTIONS

NP1

Tej - Cop Disc
Cotton - Sdk. Disc
Saph - Doc Tej
101 - Hide Harder
Disc - Rlbk. Tej
Khaos - Strng. Hoppi

NP2

Tej - Cop Cotton
Cotton - Sdk. Tej
Saph - Doc Tej
Disc - Rlcp. Saph
Disc - NK Cotton

NP3

Midnight - Vig Disc
Tej - Cop Saph
Saph - Doc Tej
101 - Hide Khaos
Disc - Frm. Saph
Khaos - Strng. Midnight

COMMENTS

My DP4 error was in thinking that if town lynched Khaos, and Harder failed to have a successful NK, town could still lynch Harder. Obviously, math is not my strong suit, since with 4 players, it would take 4 votes to lynch a popular. Hence, mafia wins.

This game could've provided some interesting discussion regarding themes, but no one really engaged in that. All mafia were males from the Old Republic era on the high council. All townies were females from the New Republic era on the high council. Mafia could've tried to claim that the theme was females vs. males, council members vs. non-council members, or Old vs. New Order. It also gave mafia a larger range of possible fake claims given how they wanted to frame the game (if they argued the town were all females, they still could've claimed a female from the Old Order, for example). Mafia did, however, given the claims mess, receive the fake claim of Barrakt'l.

Sign-ups for 40.x will be up in the next few days.

THIS IS AN AUTISTIC GAME FOR AUTISTS
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 2:30:22 AM
At 8/26/2015 2:28:32 AM, Midnight1131 wrote:
At 8/26/2015 2:27:07 AM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:

Why did I die though? I don't believe any of your roles killed me, right?

If you had lived, theoretically, you could've shot Harder, which would've allowed town to win. So, you had to die from mafia's POV.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

Midnight1131
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 2:30:45 AM
Nvm I see it. Just a question though, if I tried to shoot Khaos, he would've killed me and lived right?
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 2:31:58 AM
At 8/26/2015 2:30:45 AM, Midnight1131 wrote:
Nvm I see it. Just a question though, if I tried to shoot Khaos, he would've killed me and lived right?

Kills are resolved simultaneously. Had you shot Khaos, you would've both died.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Discipulus_Didicit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 2:41:34 AM

Face it, there was nothing that could have been done. Heck even if you had been doc proteted you would have lost due to strongman.

Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 2:49:06 AM
At 8/26/2015 2:41:34 AM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:

Face it, there was nothing that could have been done. Heck even if you had been doc proteted you would have lost due to strongman.

Conceivable, town could've won if Midnight vig'd Chris, but that was unlikely. I understand why he did what he did, and it wasn't a bad choice.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Discipulus_Didicit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 3:01:35 AM
At 8/26/2015 2:49:06 AM, bsh1 wrote:

Conceivable, town could've won if Midnight vig'd Chris, but that was unlikely. I understand why he did what he did, and it wasn't a bad choice.

I agree. Like I said, it was exactly what I would have done..

Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
Discipulus_Didicit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 3:03:15 AM
Ironic that cottons silly choice for a NP2 night action actually prevented the kill. It also made mafia think there was a bulletproof, which is why I made my anti-saph theory revolve around the idea there was a bulletproof. Once it came out that there was no bulletproof I was sure that I would be lynched right away (which was fine since the plan at first was to bus me DP3 anyway) the fact that I was not lynched was due to pure luck and town being easily distracted.

Think about it. I insisted that if there was a death preventing role then I was therefore town (obvious BS of course, but let's pretend for a moment that it wasn't BS) then it came out that cottons role/action combo made it impossible that I was telling the truth. Then cotton got lynched! just because her action was stupid?

Moral of the story is that noobishness is not scummy

Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
Discipulus_Didicit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 3:16:03 AM
At 8/26/2015 3:05:59 AM, Varrack wrote:
How on earth do you play this game...this is like another language to me, lol.

If you are interested, a new beginners series designed specifically to teach the game begins in a few days.

Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
Varrack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 3:17:35 AM
At 8/26/2015 3:16:03 AM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:

If you are interested, a new beginners series designed specifically to teach the game begins in a few days.

Ok. Is there a guide specifically for mafia?
Discipulus_Didicit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 3:21:28 AM
At 8/26/2015 3:17:35 AM, Varrack wrote:

Yes, I will get together some links that I have found helpful and PM them to you.

Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 3:24:06 AM

http://www.debate.org...
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
Varrack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 3:40:31 AM
At 8/26/2015 3:24:06 AM, SolonKR wrote:

http://www.debate.org...

Ty
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 3:47:11 AM

Join a beginners' series :) You'll learn. It's pretty easy once you get the basics.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 9:36:19 AM
I thought Khaos was scum when he substituted in. I remember thinking he doesn't sound like a complete lunatic and scum reading him for it.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 9:39:00 AM

Just join the next game, you don't need a guide
Cotton_Candy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 9:40:48 AM
At 8/26/2015 3:03:15 AM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:
Ironic that cottons silly choice for a NP2 night action actually prevented the kill.
Ha! that's something you don't usually see happening :P
Also guess i need to enroll in another begginer's series :3
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 9:41:20 AM
I faked claim miller because me doing so is consistent with my philosophy not to claim it, unless pressured or at LyLO. I also didn't think being honest would have kept me from getting lynched. Town has disincentives claiming when scum read because no claim ever clears you or even helps scum read you less.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 11:35:55 AM
I thought the role Popular was restricted to town . . . because I'd have scum-read Harder had he not proven he was Popular.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 11:39:24 AM
Also, why did I read Saph as scum when I Copped her?
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 12:16:26 PM
At 8/26/2015 11:39:24 AM, tejretics wrote:
Also, why did I read Saph as scum when I Copped her?

The framer. That scum role lets them frame someone as scum when investigated by a cop.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 12:21:43 PM

Lol I was going to switch my action to protecting Midnight, but I ran out of time and I suppose it wouldn't have worked anyway. Town was stupid about the me vs. you thing DP3. Especially once Cotton claimed what she did, although Khaos is partly responsible for that too.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 12:22:42 PM

Wouldn't have mattered, I think. You would've still died, and 1harder as popular couldn't be lynched going into DP4.

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 12:24:49 PM
A question to the mafia: why kill Hoppi and Cotton?

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 1:26:06 PM
At 8/26/2015 12:24:49 PM, Sapphique wrote:
A question to the mafia: why kill Hoppi and Cotton?

LOL
I'll explain when I have time.

How'd you like my scum game?
My work here is, finally, done.