Jump to topic:

Mafia??

ClashnBoom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2015 9:59:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
How the heck do you play? What is it? Did DDO make it?
I will change my sig weekly. Week 4.

Fun fact of the week
Clumsy alien Jar Jar Binks was introduced in The Phantom Menace for comic relief, but he was initially a two-faced mercenary who was to betray Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi Master played by Liam Neeson.

Joke of the week:
Nerd 1: "Why can't you trust atoms?"
Nerd 2: : "Cause they make everything up!"
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2015 3:55:24 PM
At 9/5/2015 9:59:33 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:

Contact bsh1, and he can enroll you in the Beginner's series, which is where you learn to play. The game pits an informed minority (mafia) against an uninformed majority (town). For mafia to win, they have to get townies mislynched and kill them at the night phases until they control the vote and win the game (for example, if two townies and two mafia are alive, mafia wins, because it takes 3 votes to lynch and mafia wouldn't vote each other). For town to win, they have to lynch all of the mafia.
Discipulus_Didicit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2015 7:41:47 PM

The next begginers series does not start for quite some time, so learning from that will take a while. I suggest you use google, as well as the mafiascum.net wiki.
Cobalt - You could be scum too.
Matt - I suppose. But I also might not be.

Kiri - Yeah, I don't know what DD is doing.
Vaarka - He's doin'a thingy do

DD - The best advice most often goes unheeded.
Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2015 1:54:32 AM

Read TV's guide for Mafia.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2015 12:31:09 PM
"Mafia" is a forum game of sorts. It's been played in many exclusive Mafia-sites and other forums. It can be in online forums, or in real life. Basically, the game pits an informed minority, the Mafia, against an uninformed majority, the Town. The game is divided into day phases and night phases. In the day phases, users will vote on who to kill. The Town win if they lynch all the Mafia by the end of the game; the Mafia win if they survive the game. So, in the day phases, the Mafia pretend like they're Town, et cetera. There are multiple roles held by the Mafia and Town. Members of the Town will receive an individual PM each giving them their role, et cetera. The other members of Town don't know who is Town, so they are also suspects. Basically, Town suspects a few Mafia in the day phase. The Mafia receive a PM including all of them. In the Night Phases, the Mafia decide to lynch someone secretly in their mass-PM, and the Town and Mafia can exercise whatever night-based powers exclusive to their role. So that's the basics of the game. There's a lot of behavioral analysis, reading people, game theory, etc.

To get a good understanding of the game, visit some Mafiascum Wiki, and send a PM to Bsh1 to join the Beginners' Series game, see if you like it, and learn the game.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass