Jump to topic:

Ongoing Risk Games on DDO

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2015 11:55:28 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I'm going to set up a few long-term Risk games for DDO, if you're interested in being added to them please PM me.

I'll have a total fog game on a big map, and various other games going on less foggy maps. I used to dislike fog, but after one 53 day long total fog game I've come to prefer it.

I'll also have only one game with the traditional map. I like the traditional map, but variety is good.

In your PM, tell me what kind of game you're most interested in, and especially tell me if you're interested in the long-term total fog game. If you haven't done something like that before, I recommend it.

(Note: These games will be set up as invite only games due to a previous experience where someone who was trolling set up fake accounts impersonating infamous DDO members. Those profiles have since all been banned (by Wargear moderation) and that first game was removed.)
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2015 12:00:38 PM
Also, we should keep the turn limit to three days.

Ideally, we could have between 4-8 games going.
Tsar of DDO
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2015 1:15:08 PM
I immensely dislike fog.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2015 8:19:23 PM
At 9/8/2015 11:55:28 AM, YYW wrote:
I'm going to set up a few long-term Risk games for DDO, if you're interested in being added to them please PM me.

I'll have a total fog game on a big map, and various other games going on less foggy maps. I used to dislike fog, but after one 53 day long total fog game I've come to prefer it.

I'll also have only one game with the traditional map. I like the traditional map, but variety is good.

In your PM, tell me what kind of game you're most interested in, and especially tell me if you're interested in the long-term total fog game. If you haven't done something like that before, I recommend it.

(Note: These games will be set up as invite only games due to a previous experience where someone who was trolling set up fake accounts impersonating infamous DDO members. Those profiles have since all been banned (by Wargear moderation) and that first game was removed.)

I wanna play.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2015 11:46:39 PM
I'm happy to see the interest. That said, whoever created all the bullsh!t accounts... I reported them all, and they were all banned and the game deleted.

Do that again, and you will be permanently banned from Wargear.
Tsar of DDO
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 12:06:07 AM
At 9/8/2015 1:15:08 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
I immensely dislike fog.

But it adds spice to the game...
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 12:54:07 AM
At 9/9/2015 12:06:07 AM, SamStevens wrote:
I immensely dislike fog.

I agree, and it's highly strategically useful. I'd even go so far as to say that I prefer fog.
Tsar of DDO
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 12:56:58 AM
At 9/9/2015 12:54:07 AM, YYW wrote:
At 9/9/2015 12:06:07 AM, SamStevens wrote:
I immensely dislike fog.

I agree, and it's highly strategically useful. I'd even go so far as to say that I prefer fog.

It also adds a level of uncertainty.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 3:18:19 AM

I'm down... invite me to these games
Debate.org Moderator
TheDebater_101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 12:57:57 PM

Cool
TheDebater_101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 12:59:19 PM

Is this going to be on warlight and I prefer games with total fog as it makes it better in strategy. If it is going to be on warlight, my warlight username is "adamgerd"
TheDebater_101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 1:01:45 PM

Oh nvm, it's wargear, not warlight. I would like to join though, as I love risk and strategy games
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 6:43:22 PM
I immensely dislike fog.

This. But I am up for a non-fog game.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 7:34:15 PM
I have a great amount of experience with risk. I'm down to play it.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW