Total Posts:21|Showing Posts:1-21
Jump to topic:

Beginners' Mafia 40.1: ENDGAME

bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2015 8:55:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Mafia Wins!!

MAFIA

Ober - You are the SUICIDE BOMBER. Once per game, during the DP, you may detonate, killing yourself and one other player of your choice. To denote, you must post the following--in bold text--in the DP: "Self-destruct. Kill [target's name]." After detonation, you must cease posting in the game; failure to stop posting will result in you being mod-killed and your action voided.

Voice - You are the MIMIC. Once per game, you may target another player at night, and acquire their ability. You may then use this ability throughout the game.

Varrack - You are the LOOKOUT. Each night, you may select a player and learn who, if anyone, visited them.

TOWN

Solon - You are the SUPER SAINT. You kill your hammerer. You win with the town.

Tej - You are the ORACLE. If killed, you may choose to reveal the affiliation of another player. You win with the town.

Disc - You are the TRACKER. Each night you may select a player. You will learn who, if anyone, that player visited. You win with the town.

Vaar - You are the BODYGUARD. Each night you may select a player and, if any lethal actions are aimed at them, they will be redirected towards you. You win with the town.

Saar - You are the SUPER SAINT. You kill your hammerer. You win with the town.

[Originally: MIMIC]

Cotton - You are the ASCETIC. You are unaffected by nonlethal night actions. You win with the town.

Midnight - You are the PACIFIST. You cannot hammer someone. You win with the town.

NIGHT ACTIONS

NP1

Disc - Trk. Ober
Vaar - Bdg. Tej
Sarra - Mimic Solon
Varrak - Lkt. Ober
Voice - NK Solon

NP2

Disc - Trk. Sarra
Vaar - Bdg. Varrack
Varrack - NK Disc
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2015 8:55:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
The next game will be up within 30 hours.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2015 9:17:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Fun game.

Just some observations on good Town play I had:

Sarra - She was spot on throughout many DP. She called out Varrack DP2 on the fact that the Mafia had a identical role to Watcher. She also basically called who the Mafia were last DP. I thought we were gonna be able to manipulate her but as a Townie she was really insightful. Almost to the point where we might have lost the game.

Disc - Dude knew his Mafia. The only reasons we didn't kill him NP 1 is because it would implicate us. And because we weren't sure on his role. But overall, just a solid Town player. He probably would have called us out on our BS DP3 I imagine. Importantly, he was active as well.

Other notables: I thought Vaarka played well. Unfortunately, Bodyguard IS a easy thing to implicate.

Things I'd advise the Town: In a situation like that, when you have two confirmed Townies, LOOK AT THE OTHER PLAYERS. Vaarka was being lynched, and me and Varrack were on it. When VoT jumped on the lynch that should have immediately implicated us all. We made a mistake there due to miscommunication, and if the Town had picked up on it, we would have lost.

Also, don't EVER confirm a player in your head because I have a feeling that is what happened with Midnight. Which is fine, its a beginners game, but that's important.

and lastly....activity. I don't expect you all to be on all the time, but I think checking in one a day should be a requirement. If your going to have problems contact the mod and let them know, or let other players know.

Overall though, despite the loss, I saw some good Townies. I really did.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2015 9:18:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Oh, and Self-destruct. Kill Bsh1.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Sarra
Posts: 288
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2015 10:01:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/12/2015 9:17:48 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Fun game.

Just some observations on good Town play I had:

Sarra - She was spot on throughout many DP. She called out Varrack DP2 on the fact that the Mafia had a identical role to Watcher. She also basically called who the Mafia were last DP. I thought we were gonna be able to manipulate her but as a Townie she was really insightful. Almost to the point where we might have lost the game.

Disc - Dude knew his Mafia. The only reasons we didn't kill him NP 1 is because it would implicate us. And because we weren't sure on his role. But overall, just a solid Town player. He probably would have called us out on our BS DP3 I imagine. Importantly, he was active as well.

Other notables: I thought Vaarka played well. Unfortunately, Bodyguard IS a easy thing to implicate.

Things I'd advise the Town: In a situation like that, when you have two confirmed Townies, LOOK AT THE OTHER PLAYERS. Vaarka was being lynched, and me and Varrack were on it. When VoT jumped on the lynch that should have immediately implicated us all. We made a mistake there due to miscommunication, and if the Town had picked up on it, we would have lost.

Also, don't EVER confirm a player in your head because I have a feeling that is what happened with Midnight. Which is fine, its a beginners game, but that's important.

and lastly....activity. I don't expect you all to be on all the time, but I think checking in one a day should be a requirement. If your going to have problems contact the mod and let them know, or let other players know.

Overall though, despite the loss, I saw some good Townies. I really did.

Thank you OberHerr :D
I hope to see you guys and gal(s?) in future games.
Discipulus_Didicit
Posts: 3,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2015 10:03:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/12/2015 9:17:48 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Fun game.

Just some observations on good Town play I had:

Sarra - She was spot on throughout many DP. She called out Varrack DP2 on the fact that the Mafia had a identical role to Watcher. She also basically called who the Mafia were last DP. I thought we were gonna be able to manipulate her but as a Townie she was really insightful. Almost to the point where we might have lost the game.

Not sure why sarra fake claimed PGO but I certainly agree that sarra was a solid town player.

Disc - Dude knew his Mafia. The only reasons we didn't kill him NP 1 is because it would implicate us. And because we weren't sure on his role. But overall, just a solid Town player. He probably would have called us out on our BS DP3 I imagine. Importantly, he was active as well.

Reading DP3 I had the scum team as you, VoT, and Vaarka. I probably would have pushed to lynch you or VoT and left the Varrack/Vaarka feud for later. But if I was forced to take a side DP3 I would have chosen to side with Varrack simply because I had suspicions of Vaarka from day one.

Other notables: I thought Vaarka played well. Unfortunately, Bodyguard IS a easy thing to implicate.

Agree.

Things I'd advise the Town: In a situation like that, when you have two confirmed Townies, LOOK AT THE OTHER PLAYERS. Vaarka was being lynched, and me and Varrack were on it. When VoT jumped on the lynch that should have immediately implicated us all. We made a mistake there due to miscommunication, and if the Town had picked up on it, we would have lost.

I didn't pick up on it but yeah it is obvious now that you point it out. That's how I caught the entire scum team in lylo on my first game too so really mad I didn't catch it this time XD.

Also, don't EVER confirm a player in your head because I have a feeling that is what happened with Midnight. Which is fine, its a beginners game, but that's important.

I have the opposite problem sometimes. Not this time but some times.

and lastly....activity. I don't expect you all to be on all the time, but I think checking in one a day should be a requirement. If your going to have problems contact the mod and let them know, or let other players know.

Overall though, despite the loss, I saw some good Townies. I really did.

Agree. Good game to all!
Cobalt - You could be scum too.
Matt - I suppose. But I also might not be.

Kiri - Yeah, I don't know what DD is doing.
Vaarka - He's doin'a thingy do

DD - The best advice most often goes unheeded.
Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
Sapphique
Posts: 4,119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2015 3:20:44 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/13/2015 3:04:06 AM, Cotton_Candy wrote:
Aww damn it. :3


BTW what about that PM error drama at the beginning, who's idea was that ?

There was actually an error, but not the kind you guys assumed. Bsh1 accidentally wrote in the Voyeur role description instead of the Lookout one. So Ober told Varrack to claim Voyeur except it wasn't on the list.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
tejretics
Posts: 6,094
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2015 4:22:38 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Making me Oracle Cotton was a complete waste of time. I did it because you told me to. VOT was *clearly* scum, that much was obvious. We should have lynched both Ober and VOT, some POE might have brought Varrack into suspicion. VOT as scum was *so* obvious.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
Discipulus_Didicit
Posts: 3,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2015 2:41:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Yea, not my most impressive game I will admit =/

I tunnel too hard sometimes.
Cobalt - You could be scum too.
Matt - I suppose. But I also might not be.

Kiri - Yeah, I don't know what DD is doing.
Vaarka - He's doin'a thingy do

DD - The best advice most often goes unheeded.
Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
Vaarka
Posts: 7,655
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2015 11:39:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I guess I can post my original argument. I knew the odds of me convincing you guys were slim, but I wanted to try.

Varrack was watcher. As far as I knew, he was watcher. However, Sarra did point out that watcher was both a town and mafia role. So while it would seem reasonable to lynch me for Varrack's results if he were cop or something, it wouldn't make as much sense to immediately lynch me for a watcher's reads. If I were extremely scummy, maybe. If it were the beginners who vtled me, I'd understand. However, the more experienced players jumped on me. I wanted to say something, but I thought I was hammered and couldn't say anything.

There's more to it, but I'm busy rn so I'll make it short. Cya next round
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Sarra
Posts: 288
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2015 2:27:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/13/2015 4:22:38 AM, tejretics wrote:
Making me Oracle Cotton was a complete waste of time. I did it because you told me to. VOT was *clearly* scum, that much was obvious. We should have lynched both Ober and VOT, some POE might have brought Varrack into suspicion. VOT as scum was *so* obvious.

What does POE stand for?
Sarra
Posts: 288
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2015 2:28:38 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/12/2015 10:03:44 PM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:
At 9/12/2015 9:17:48 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Fun game.

Just some observations on good Town play I had:

Sarra - She was spot on throughout many DP. She called out Varrack DP2 on the fact that the Mafia had a identical role to Watcher. She also basically called who the Mafia were last DP. I thought we were gonna be able to manipulate her but as a Townie she was really insightful. Almost to the point where we might have lost the game.

Not sure why sarra fake claimed PGO but I certainly agree that sarra was a solid town player.

I didn't want people to night kill me during my first game :p I believe if bish rolls PGO for me next game, no one will believe me :/
Discipulus_Didicit
Posts: 3,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2015 2:34:36 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/14/2015 2:27:10 AM, Sarra wrote:
At 9/13/2015 4:22:38 AM, tejretics wrote:
Making me Oracle Cotton was a complete waste of time. I did it because you told me to. VOT was *clearly* scum, that much was obvious. We should have lynched both Ober and VOT, some POE might have brought Varrack into suspicion. VOT as scum was *so* obvious.

What does POE stand for?

Process of elimination.
Cobalt - You could be scum too.
Matt - I suppose. But I also might not be.

Kiri - Yeah, I don't know what DD is doing.
Vaarka - He's doin'a thingy do

DD - The best advice most often goes unheeded.
Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
Vaarka
Posts: 7,655
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2015 12:00:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/14/2015 2:28:38 AM, Sarra wrote:
At 9/12/2015 10:03:44 PM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:
At 9/12/2015 9:17:48 PM, OberHerr wrote:


I didn't want people to night kill me during my first game :p I believe if bish rolls PGO for me next game, no one will believe me :/

*Hints at bsh*
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Vaarka
Posts: 7,655
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2015 1:32:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
This post is purely so I can fix my signature because it disappeared apparently
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2015 1:36:01 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/14/2015 1:32:53 PM, Vaarka wrote:
This post is purely so I can fix my signature because it disappeared apparently

All you need to do to save a sig is to hit "review." You don't need to add the post...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Vaarka
Posts: 7,655
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2015 12:28:41 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/14/2015 1:36:01 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 9/14/2015 1:32:53 PM, Vaarka wrote:
This post is purely so I can fix my signature because it disappeared apparently

All you need to do to save a sig is to hit "review." You don't need to add the post...

It was also so I could make my post count one more higher than cotton's post count :3

Btw for anyone who for some reason didn't notice... 40.2 is up
http://www.debate.org...

AND YET ANOTHER POST ABOVE COTTON
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya