Making Friends and Enemies DP1

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2015 4:47:26 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Time/Deadlines
1) Nights will last 24 hours. Everyone need to post at least once in their PM to ensure no one is unfairly cleared from being (or not being) a certain role or alignment based on who's online. Nights will not end until this happens.
2) Days will last 72 hours. No extensions will be provided at all. This is to ensure fairness. If a lynch has not been reached, the day phase will end in a no lynch. Deadlines are absolute. No votes after the DP end will be counted. Plurality lynching? What's that?

Replacement policy
Please post at least once every 24 hours. If you do not post for 24 hours, you will receive a "friendly" reminder from me to post in the game. If you don't post within 24 more hours, I will start looking for a replacement to take your spot. Whether or not you get replaced depends on the availability of replacements, number of prods, you received and mod discretion.

Rules
1) Do not use encrypted keys, anagrams, or any other form of external tactics or analysis beyond the confines of the game thread including quoting a player so that no one knows who it is. If in doubt, please ask.
2) Do not quote communications outside the game thread, including role PMs, hydra PMs, etc., in the game thread. This also includes PM timestamps and any communication with the mod.
3) Do not copy-paste or screen capture any part of your role PM, or manufacture it in any way which would make it surely real.
4) Please try to limit excessive quoting if possible, i.e. quoting huge blocks of text to add a line or two. I will warn players that quote excessively first and modkill at my discretion only if it continues.

Deadline for DP1 is in 72 hours on Saturday Sep 19th 9:45 PM PST. This is 11:45 PM Central (DDO time), or 12:45 AM Sunday EST.

Full setup and Role PMs are here: http://www.debate.org...

Have fun!

Alive
1. FourTrouble
2. XLAV
3. OberHerr
4. SolonKR
5. Midnight1131
6. The-Voice-of-Truth
7. Skepsikyma
8. Discipulus_Didicit
9. Wylted
10. Hoppi
11. TUF
12. Lucky_Luciano
13. Valkrin

With 13 Alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch or no lynch.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2015 4:52:16 AM
Wait, we're having three games at once? Alright.

VTL Midnight for claim.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2015 6:05:24 AM
Newb pressure is old, pointless, and boring. Vtl ober, as a personal welcome back from me to him.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2015 7:42:55 AM
*holds up pom-poms*
RVS! IS THE BEST!
RANDOM STUFF, WE'LL REQUEST
WE WILL HAVE LOTS OF FUN
VTL OBER, HUN!

GOOOOOOOOOO, TOWN!
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
Discipulus_Didicit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2015 11:26:24 AM
I'm not sure how claims is supposed to go in a roleless game where claiming is pretty meaningless (unless someone wants to claim mason), so I'll just flip a coin to decide which of these wagons I hop on for behavior analysis.

And the winner is...

VTL Midnight
Cobalt - You could be scum too.
Matt - I suppose. But I also might not be.

Kiri - Yeah, I don't know what DD is doing.
Vaarka - He's doin'a thingy do

DD - The best advice most often goes unheeded.
Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
Valkrin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2015 11:29:36 AM
Also, this game should be focused on behavioral analysis, not claims.

The fact that F-16 provided PM templates for each faction makes it really easy for scum to fake claim. Not to mention the fact that each town is vanilla, so there are no special roles or whatnot scum have to worry about CC'ing.
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." - Vaarka
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2015 11:49:10 AM
VTL Valk
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2015 12:38:18 PM
VTL Solon because of RVS fluff.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2015 12:56:18 PM
At 9/17/2015 11:29:36 AM, Valkrin wrote:

Well obviously. All townies are vanilla, and all scum are goons.

The fact that F-16 provided PM templates for each faction makes it really easy for scum to fake claim. Not to mention the fact that each town is vanilla, so there are no special roles or whatnot scum have to worry about CC'ing.

Correct.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2015 12:56:18 PM
At 9/17/2015 11:49:10 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
VTL Valk

I think Valkrin is probably town. His entrance is totally different than anyone else's - and I think as scum he would have tried blending in more.
Valkrin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2015 12:59:43 PM
At 9/17/2015 12:56:18 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 9/17/2015 11:29:36 AM, Valkrin wrote:

Well obviously. All townies are vanilla, and all scum are goons.

Correct.

It may seem like I'm stating the obvious, but the first votes were votes for claims. It seemed people forgot about the setup, so it was just a reminder.
Valkrin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2015 1:02:08 PM
Also, more activity from everyone would be appreciated.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2015 1:03:43 PM
At 9/17/2015 12:59:43 PM, Valkrin wrote:
It may seem like I'm stating the obvious, but the first votes were votes for claims. It seemed people forgot about the setup, so it was just a reminder.

Any early reads?
Valkrin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2015 1:06:34 PM
At 9/17/2015 1:03:43 PM, FourTrouble wrote:

Any early reads?

As of now, there's very little posts apart from RVS, so no.

Solon's RVS chant is null to me, cause it's early-RVS time. IDK why VoT would VTL her on that premise apart from more RVS.

That's it so far.
Valkrin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2015 1:08:57 PM
At 9/17/2015 1:06:34 PM, Valkrin wrote:
At 9/17/2015 1:03:43 PM, FourTrouble wrote:

Any early reads?

As of now, there's very little posts apart from RVS, so no.

Solon's RVS chant is null to me, cause it's early-RVS time. IDK why VoT would VTL her on that premise apart from more RVS.

That's it so far.

Well, Ober did vote midnight for a claim. That's kinda suspicious, given his experience, but apart from that not much.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2015 1:14:28 PM
Valkrin seems town to me, but from what I remember of his play, he is very competent scum. Regardless, Val is town-read by me for now.
Suh dude

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2015 1:17:58 PM
So far, FT seems town as well.
Suh dude

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2015 1:19:22 PM
At 9/17/2015 1:08:57 PM, Valkrin wrote:

Well, Ober did vote midnight for a claim. That's kinda suspicious, given his experience, but apart from that not much.

My thoughts exactly.....
Suh dude

Valkrin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2015 1:19:38 PM
At 9/17/2015 1:17:58 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

Giving someone a town read and asking for reads isn't justifiable as a town read, IMO.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2015 1:22:05 PM
At 9/17/2015 1:19:38 PM, Valkrin wrote:
At 9/17/2015 1:17:58 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

Giving someone a town read and asking for reads isn't justifiable as a town read, IMO.

I know, but keep in mind that, more often than not on DP1, I base reads on how I feel about someone's posts unless there is more substantial information. Also, cuz RVS.
Suh dude

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2015 1:22:22 PM
What we need is some activity.
Suh dude

Valkrin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2015 1:24:58 PM
At 9/17/2015 1:22:05 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
I know, but keep in mind that, more often than not on DP1, I base reads on how I feel about someone's posts unless there is more substantial information. Also, cuz RVS.

Two posts isn't a ton to go on even for a gut feeling.
Also, explain the bolded. Why would RVS affect reads on FT when he has yet to vote?
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2015 1:28:50 PM
At 9/17/2015 1:24:58 PM, Valkrin wrote:
At 9/17/2015 1:22:05 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

Two posts isn't a ton to go on even for a gut feeling.

But it is the type of posts. He does not VTL anybody; he goes straight for asking for reads.

Also, explain the bolded. Why would RVS affect reads on FT when he has yet to vote?

It's RVS. People place random votes at RVS. FT has not voted for anyone, and rather goes after reads. I got a good feeling about that behavior for some odd reason.
Suh dude

Valkrin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2015 1:32:24 PM
At 9/17/2015 1:28:50 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

But it is the type of posts. He does not VTL anybody; he goes straight for asking for reads.

Scum or town could've done posts like that just fine. This is invalid in my eyes.

It's RVS. People place random votes at RVS. FT has not voted for anyone, and rather goes after reads. I got a good feeling about that behavior for some odd reason.

I haven't either. Yet you mentioned in my read that I'm very competent scum. So is FT, but you neglect that possibility entirely.

Oh well. I guess I just don't understand your read logic, then.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2015 1:40:04 PM
Oh well. I guess I just don't understand your read logic, then.

No one does.
Suh dude

Valkrin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2015 1:40:23 PM
At 9/17/2015 1:39:13 PM, Hoppi wrote:
I wonder why it's called making friends and enemies.

It's just a basic themeless mafia game where you make friends and make enemies.
Nothing special and no thematic analysis to be made.