bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2015 9:47:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Mafia wins!!

1st Place: MAFIA

Sarra - You are the ASCETIC. You are unaffected by non-lethal actions.

[Hidden Flavor: NAIVE]
[Originally: ROLE STEALER then UNIVERSAL BACK-UP]

Disc - You are the BOMB. If NK'd, you will kill your killer.

[Originally: MIMIC then ROLE STEALER]

Cotton - You are the even-night ROLE COP. Each even night you may select a player and learn their role.

2nd Place: TOWN

Ober - You are the DREAMER. Each night phase you will receive a dream containing 3 names. At least one of which will be scum, and at least one of which will be town. You win with the town.

Varrack - You are the VIGILANTE. Each night, you may select someone for death. You win with the town.

Solon - You are VANILLA. You have no role. You win with the town.

[Originally: UNIVERSAL BACK-UP]

Vaar - You are VANILLA. You have no role. You win with the town.

[Originally: BOMB]

Midnight - You are the PACIFIST. You may not hammer someone. You win with the town.

Tej - You are the ASCETIC. You are unaffected by non-lethal actions. You win with the town.

[Hidden Flavor: NAIVE]

3rd Place: TP

Voice - You are the SURVIVOR. You when if you survive the game. It is possible for you to joint win.

NIGHT ACTIONS

NP1

Disc - Mimic Sarra
Sarra - Rlst. Tej, NK Tej

NP2

Varrack - Vig Disc
Disc - Rlst. Vaar
Cotton - Rlcp. Varrack
Sarra - NK Ober
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2015 9:50:46 PM
I think the lesson here is to not put anyone at L-2 so quickly, because it sets up a quickhammer, which Sarra pulled off masterfully.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

Discipulus_Didicit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2015 9:56:52 PM
Good game everyone.
Cobalt - You could be scum too.
Matt - I suppose. But I also might not be.

Kiri - Yeah, I don't know what DD is doing.
Vaarka - He's doin'a thingy do

DD - The best advice most often goes unheeded.
Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
Discipulus_Didicit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2015 10:00:57 PM
This is a copy paste from the mafia PM shortly after VoT claimed in DP1:

Hold on. I just realized something hilarious. We won't do this but if we did we would be the ultimate mafia trolls. We would pretty much live on in DDO history, all three of us. Forever.

If a mimic or role stealer target a survivor, they inherit the survivor win condition. bsh1 even said so in the last begginers series. If Sarra and I both target VoT tonight then VoT becomes vanilla and wins with town, while sarra and I would no longer be mafia. We would both know cotton was the last mafia but we wouldn't be mafia ourselves. Then DP2 we (sarra and I) would tell everyone what happened and that cotton is the last mafia. Such a ridiculous story would not be believed, but if two people told the same story it would be. Everyone would lynch cotton and town would win because sarra and I turned into survivors.

Again, WE ARE NOT GOING TO DO THIS! But can you imagine what the endgame would look like if we did? Everyone would win except cotton XD

Funny stuff eh?

Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2015 10:13:17 PM
At 9/22/2015 10:00:57 PM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:

Hold on. I just realized something hilarious. We won't do this but if we did we would be the ultimate mafia trolls. We would pretty much live on in DDO history, all three of us. Forever.

If a mimic or role stealer target a survivor, they inherit the survivor win condition. bsh1 even said so in the last begginers series. If Sarra and I both target VoT tonight then VoT becomes vanilla and wins with town, while sarra and I would no longer be mafia. We would both know cotton was the last mafia but we wouldn't be mafia ourselves. Then DP2 we (sarra and I) would tell everyone what happened and that cotton is the last mafia. Such a ridiculous story would not be believed, but if two people told the same story it would be. Everyone would lynch cotton and town would win because sarra and I turned into survivors.

Again, WE ARE NOT GOING TO DO THIS! But can you imagine what the endgame would look like if we did? Everyone would win except cotton XD

Funny stuff eh?

That would've...been novel...But what if Voice had been a solo-win survivor?
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2015 10:22:10 PM

Funny stuff eh?

No way would I have not done that
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2015 11:39:07 PM
At 9/22/2015 10:22:10 PM, Wylted wrote:

Funny stuff eh?

No way would I have not done that

Lol...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Discipulus_Didicit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2015 2:06:19 AM
At 9/22/2015 10:13:17 PM, bsh1 wrote:
That would've...been novel...But what if Voice had been a solo-win survivor?

I didn't know that was possible in the beginners series. Interesting question. It would mean that after Cotton got lynched then VoT would win with town and he would know that Sarra and I were win stealing survivors. It would be possible for town to win by lynching me and vigging cotton. I think it is likely that would be the result, but I am not sure.

Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
Cotton_Candy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2015 3:15:09 AM
And that's how you pull off two role steals in a single game :p

This game would have been an easy win for mafia if the vig kill hadn't happened happened though! The kill kinda complicated our plans to a great extent. :P

I guess the major town slip was not confirming a confirmable role like sadist. If Sarra had been lynched the two role steals would have been exposed instantly.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2015 4:30:10 AM
Yeah, should have confirmed Sarra. I also made the mistake of not outing my role and saying I got Midnight Disc and Solon. Oh well.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2015 10:26:00 AM
In all honesty, there were two things I noticed at the end of the day phase that made me
Realize I'd made a mistake.

1. Sarra said she could only hammer, but she voted for someone and it was added as an actual vote. She even acknowledged it. However, no one seemed to notice it, including me, until after the hammer on Solon.

2. Cotton's reaction to the hammer. When she said "Ha ha!" or something like that, I knew that there was no way a town would react like that to a possible scum being lynched. This gave me a pretty good idea that cotton was actually scum and I fell for it. This was before I noticed Sarra's thing, so I figured we might be able to get her in the next DP.

That was actually really good planning on mafia's part. Good game guys.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
ClashnBoom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2015 6:25:02 PM
At 9/23/2015 1:46:52 PM, ValosaBirdy wrote:
HELLo!

You know your not supposed to be posting here.
You remind me of someone.
I will change my sig weekly. Week 4.

Fun fact of the week
Clumsy alien Jar Jar Binks was introduced in The Phantom Menace for comic relief, but he was initially a two-faced mercenary who was to betray Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi Master played by Liam Neeson.

Joke of the week:
Nerd 1: "Why can't you trust atoms?"
Nerd 2: : "Cause they make everything up!"
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2015 9:00:50 PM
Town shouldn't have lost from just one mislynch and a no lynch. Bish, you're fired -_-
Oh well. I would have been willing to accept Sarra as naive initially, but I'd like to think I would have gone after her for egregious fluff in the final day + the fact that everyone else was confirmed.
Kudos to mafia for mimicking their own role stealer. That was pretty clever.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
Discipulus_Didicit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2015 10:10:24 PM
At 9/23/2015 9:00:50 PM, SolonKR wrote:
Town shouldn't have lost from just one mislynch and a no lynch. Bish, you're fired -_-

My very first post in mafia PM:

Role stealer and mimic? Please let town have a vig lol.

Sadly we had already used our roles and I was dead by the time we found out there was a vig. Can you imagine if we had identified the vig DP1? XD.

Oh well. I would have been willing to accept Sarra as naive initially, but I'd like to think I would have gone after her for egregious fluff in the final day + the fact that everyone else was confirmed.

Sarra made some very clever moves in this game. Claiming sadist was not one of them lol.

Kudos to mafia for mimicking their own role stealer. That was pretty clever.

Sarras idea. My reaction to her presenting that idea was "WTF? Why did I not think of that?"

Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^