Making Friends and Enemies DP5

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2015 11:40:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
***SPECIAL VOTING RULES IN PLACE FOR TODAY***
Once you cast a vote, you may not unvote or change your vote. This is to ensure fairness regarding the times players are online. The game can't (and shouldn't) be decided by vote tricks or strategic unvotes. Once a cast a vote today, it will be final. The same rule applies if the game goes on for another day. Think carefully before voting. Every vote will permanently be stuck on your target.

Dead
1. Valkrin1 - Vanilla Townie - Lynched DP1
2. FourTrouble1 - Vanilla Townie - Killed NP1
3. Skepsikyma - Vanilla Townie - Lynched DP2
4. Discipulus_Didicit - Town Mason - Killed NP2
5. Lucky_Luciano - Mafia Goon - Lynched DP3
6. The-Voice-of-Truth - Town Mason - Killed NP3
7. Valkrin2 (replaced TUF) - Vanilla Townie - Lynched DP4
8. OberHerr - Vanilla Townie - Killed NP4

Alive
1. FourTrouble2 (replaced XLAV)
2. SolonKR
3. Midnight1131
4. Wylted
5. Hoppi

With 5 Alive, it takes 3 votes to lynch or no lynch.

Deadline is in ~72 hours ending on Wednesday October 7th at 4:40PM PST, 6:40PM Central, 7:40PM EST.
Hoppi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 2:53:36 AM
I've got no idea who is scum and who is town. I don't think there's any way of telling. My reads have all been wrong so far.

I'm going to wait and see what everyone else says.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 3:50:13 AM
At 10/5/2015 2:53:36 AM, Hoppi wrote:
I've got no idea who is scum and who is town. I don't think there's any way of telling. My reads have all been wrong so far.

I'm going to wait and see what everyone else says.

Me too, but I'm just going to reread. I keep scum reading people because their conclusions are illogical, but I guess I'm just giving people too much credit for being rational.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 5:29:08 AM
I'm thinking Wylted and Midnight but I want to see the endgame to Illusionists first, as that's gonna tell me a lot about both their play..

Solons also a possobility. Need to reread him but he's one of those players that I find very null and difficult to read.

Hoppi is the only player that I've got legit town-tell on, don't think Hoppi is a good lynch at all.

I will reread of course - do not vote anyone until I do that please.
Hoppi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 6:43:48 AM
Just read over dp4. Sorry valkrin. :(

Probably my top pick for scum is solon. In Post 21 he said:
you guys shouldn't be concerned about voting except for when someone's at L-1, because, if he's town, scum would be idiots to quick-hammer since it's not LYLO (the sign-up post says there were 3 scum at the start of this game, meaning it's 5-2)

We know there's 3 scum. He doesn't need to say where he got that information from. Also, he's been unobtrusive the whole game.
Hoppi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 6:45:21 AM
At 10/5/2015 5:29:08 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
Hoppi is the only player that I've got legit town-tell on, don't think Hoppi is a good lynch at all.

Why?
Hoppi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 6:55:20 AM
Scum would kill off the best players, and ft is one of the best players, right? So the fact that he's alive is a scumtell. Wylted and Solon too, although wylted has been scumread so consistently that could balance it. Of course, he could have been scumread because of being scum.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 7:00:43 AM
At 10/5/2015 6:55:20 AM, Hoppi wrote:
Scum would kill off the best players, and ft is one of the best players, right? So the fact that he's alive is a scumtell. Wylted and Solon too, although wylted has been scumread so consistently that could balance it. Of course, he could have been scumread because of being scum.

I'm a pretty easy Mislynch target. I won't be NKed. Well I'm percieved to be an easy mislynch target, but am rarely mislynched so people really need to do a better job evaluating me, when they're scum.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 7:01:56 AM
At 10/5/2015 6:43:48 AM, Hoppi wrote:
Just read over dp4. Sorry valkrin. :(

Probably my top pick for scum is solon. In Post 21 he said:
you guys shouldn't be concerned about voting except for when someone's at L-1, because, if he's town, scum would be idiots to quick-hammer since it's not LYLO (the sign-up post says there were 3 scum at the start of this game, meaning it's 5-2)

We know there's 3 scum. He doesn't need to say where he got that information from. Also, he's been unobtrusive the whole game.

He did over explain himself there, which would suggest that he's concerned about how others are perceiving him.
Hoppi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 7:10:41 AM
I've just read dp3 and I'm scumreading ft because he seems to be trying to cast suspicion on vot. He wasn't like that on the first day. He was much more open with questions and considering possibilities.

Also there are a lot of dead townies who scumread wylted.
Hoppi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 7:48:18 AM
Ft is arguing very strongly that lucky is town. It seems weird that he would do that as scum or as town.

Wylted says he'll lynch anyone except lucky. Post 198.
Hoppi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 7:57:17 AM
Ok. Changed my mind. After reading dp2 my top pick for scum is fourtrouble and wylted. But esp ft bc he says that lucky is very difficult to read but at the same time he's certain he's town.

Ft is probably scum I think .
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 8:56:17 AM
At 10/5/2015 7:57:17 AM, Hoppi wrote:
Ok. Changed my mind. After reading dp2 my top pick for scum is fourtrouble and wylted. But esp ft bc he says that lucky is very difficult to read but at the same time he's certain he's town.

Well, don't vote yet.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 8:57:33 AM

I think the last two scum are Solon and midnight. You seemed to be suspicious of Solon earlier, is that suspicion still there?
Hoppi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 9:10:47 AM
At 10/5/2015 8:57:33 AM, Wylted wrote:

I think the last two scum are Solon and midnight.

Can you explain why?

You seemed to be suspicious of Solon earlier, is that suspicion still there?

Of course. I'm suspicious of everyone.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 9:53:50 AM
At 10/5/2015 9:20:23 AM, Hoppi wrote:
But I definitely want to vote for fourtrouble.

We need votes from all three townies.

I want you to hold off until I read, and I think him defending Lucky is more of a town tell than scum tell. People will usually not defend their scum buddies at all, because they know how it will look in future DPs. Give me a chance to reread, let's take our time and see where everybody stands, and then we can see what everyone wants to do. If I were more town read, I'd probably place a vote right now and force town to go the same route as me, but unfortunately I can't be a maverick.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 2:12:05 PM
At 10/5/2015 6:55:20 AM, Hoppi wrote:

It's not that simple. The mafia usually kill players who are major threats (masons) or players who cannot be lynched (players who are widely townread).

The ultimate goal is getting mislynches, so they often leave good players alive in LYLO hoping that the town will lose to a "paranoia mislynch." So, as hard as it is, you need to ease your paranoia. There's lots of reasons Wylted/Solon wouldn't be night-killed in this game. If I were mafia and they were town, I wouldn't have killed them. I'd have killed you, as your paranoia (showcased throughout the game) is the biggest threat to me personally in a LYLO situation.

That said, I've got a massive town-tell in this game, and that's the fact that I replaced into the game. I promise you if you know anything about me it's that I wouldn't replace into this game if I were mafia.

Whoever killed Ober is a fvcking idiot, because that dude is seriously the easiest mislynch target I've ever played with. So I'm thinking the mafia isn't thinking sh!t through much. Midnight's the only completely irrational player here, and Wylted's not far off, so based on night-kills, I'd say they're scum, but that's a sh!tty way to analyze the game. I need to actually go back and analyze associations with Lucky.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 2:13:35 PM
At 10/5/2015 6:45:21 AM, Hoppi wrote:
At 10/5/2015 5:29:08 AM, FourTrouble wrote:

Why?

Insane reads that still make sense from a town perspective (i.e. massive paranoia about the dumbest sh!t is the biggest noob town-tell I've ever seen). It hasn't read remotely fake to me, and I don't think you have the sophistication to fake it as mafia. Yes, this is insulting to your play, but don't hold that against me.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 2:14:03 PM
At 10/5/2015 9:53:50 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/5/2015 9:20:23 AM, Hoppi wrote:
But I definitely want to vote for fourtrouble.

We need votes from all three townies.

I want you to hold off until I read, and I think him defending Lucky is more of a town tell than scum tell.

This is true.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 2:16:42 PM
At 10/5/2015 7:10:41 AM, Hoppi wrote:
I've just read dp3 and I'm scumreading ft because he seems to be trying to cast suspicion on vot.

VoT was one of my biggest townreads on D3... not sure where you're getting me putting suspicion on him.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 2:18:24 PM
Oh, I see. I got paranoid when VoT said he was 100% certain Skep was town yet didn't do anything to save Skep, because that made no sense - it seemed like maybe he had slipped that he was reading the game from an informed perspective, since he KNEW Skep was town but wasn't trying that hard to save him. That actually was legitimately kinda scummy - not sure why VoT was so sure Skep was town.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 2:32:23 PM
I'm thinking Midnight. The way he added to the pressure on Valkrin on D3 but didn't vote there... and then as Valkrin's about to get lynched, suddenly decides to vote Wylted... is scummy as fvck. It's like he contrives reasons to scumread Valkrin, waits on voting to feel out how the town responds, then later forgets about his fake read after seeing that Valkrin has been lynched without his help, and decides to vote Wylted so that he isn't associated with a mislynch. I don't see a townie doing anything like that.

His partner is either Wylted or Solon.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 2:36:26 PM
Re: Solon/Wylted - I'm waiting on the Illusionists Endgame. I think Solon's play here is almost identical to his play there, while Wylted's play feels different here, so that's gonna effect my opinion on them somewhat. It'll at least help me get a baseline on their play which I don't have at the moment.