lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 8:49:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Damn, as expected.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 8:51:28 PM
Town

Discipulus_Didicit - Harry Houdini - You are the most well-known escapologist of the 20th century, some could say of all time. You died of a ruptured appendix, rumored to have been caused by abrupt punches by a college student after a challenge that you can counter any punches.

- You are selective ascetic: learns the type of action performed on self, then chooses whether to accept this action; must accept killing actions.
- You are bleeder: upon being targeted by a killing action, you will first be informed, and will then die at end of the following DP.

Modnote: will not see anything on the night targeted for the kill.

Midnight1131 - Teller - You are the silent half of the duo Penn & Teller, and as Mac King would believe, the entirety of the brains behind Penn & Teller"s magic performances.

- You are masons with Penn.
- You are limited to 5 posts of any type per DP; if you make more than 5 posts in the DP, you and Penn lose your entire roles (reverting to 1 vote each).
- Your vote counts for 0; does not show in vote count;
- You are the Master of two trades; each night you may cop or watch.

The-Voice-of-Truth - Penn Jillette - You are the part of the duo Penn & Teller with a loud voice and an assortment of "large body parts." You started out as a juggler, and became a magician as your life moved forward, during which you partnered up with Teller. You are an out spoken atheist, libertarian, objectivist, and a prominent member of the Cato Institute.

- You are masons with Teller.
- You are a double voter; does not show in vote count.

Sapphique - Derren Brown - You are an English magician known for mind-reading. In 2003 you performed the Russian roulette trick: <video: https://www.youtube.com... >.

- Once per game, you may perform the Russian roulette trick; you may target a player; your target then chooses numbers 1-6 (if he fails to choose it will be chosen randomly); you will then be asked to play single-player Russian Roulette starting at a position of your choice; you are required to shoot at yourself one or more times for dramatic effect. You are then given 2 opportunities to shoot away from yourself. If the shot goes off away from you, you have successfully "read" your target, and you receive your target's affiliation; if you shoot away a third time you receive no information; if you shoot yourself you die. If you try to influence the choice of numbers you will not be able to read your target. Alternatively, you may shoot at your target exactly once (without having to shooting yourself first).

TheDebater_101 - Dai Vernon - You are the dominant card sharp of the 20th century known as The Professor, and you have influenced and inspired generations of card manipulators. You have mastered the art of card manipulation, and skill of second and bottom dealing is unmatched.

- You may stack once: you only receive actions/abilities favorable to your faction and yourself.
- You may transtessellate once: learn and use another player"s ability for one night; only works if that player also uses the ability.

XLAV - Prestidigitator - prestidigitator means "one who has nimble fingers." You can vanish and then conjure objects almost at will.

- You are the 1x deflector; you can redirect certain actions to self to another player of your choice.

Modnote: cannot redirect killing actions.

SeventhProfessor (rep Romanii) - Mentalist - You use a combination of trickery, suggestion, psychology, misdirection, and luck to discern information about your audience.

- You are the Lie Detector; each day you may choose any post in its entirety, and determine whether it contains only truths (as far as its speaker knows).

Mod note: naive (true).

FourTrouble - Mathematical Magic - Mathematical tricks don"t require sleight of hand or misdirection, instead they rely purely on mental sharpness. You can always tell if a trick is a visual trick or a mental trick.

- You are motion detector; each night, you may target any player, and return a "positive" if your target acts.
- You are Miller; upon investigation you return guilty.

OberHerr - Ingenieur - Fancy word from James Cameron"s The Prestige, you are the "engineer," the crafter of all the clever props your magician requires. You can create anything from false walls to toe-operated sleeve-concealed grappling hooks.

- You are the Inventor; each night, you may give one of the following items, which perform acts unknown to you or the player until used; some of these are used in place of a player"s primary role, some of them apply passively, and some of them don"t do anything.
1. Vanishing box
2. Water tank
3. Gun with blank round
4. Ear piece
5. Stacked deck of cards
6. Pinstripe suit
7. Mirror
Upon receiving the item, the player will be prompted with: "You have received a(n) ____. When you would like to use the item (in place of your usual action), please state so in the PM, followed by the name of the person you would like to use it on; the item may not perform an active action, the provided name will only be used if it applies."

Mod note: The items perform the following actions:
1. Vanishing box - becomes untargetable for the night
2. Water tank - nothing
3. Gun with blank round - kills target (blanks are dangerous too and can kill people!)
4. Ear piece - learns who gave the invention
5. Stacked card deck - nothing
6. Pinstripe suit - nothing.
7. Mirror - reflects the target"s action onto himself.

Lannan13 - The Magic Castle - "The most unusual private club in the world," you are the premier magician"s nightclub. The castle you are hosted in is known for having no discernable entrances, non-members therefore cannot gain entrance.

You are the Jailkeeper; each night, you may target a player, and that player will be protected from death and roleblocked.

Tejretics - The Magic Circle - Based in the U.K., you are a century-old organisation dedicated to the art of magic, and you are "not apt to disclose secrets."

- You are the Neighborizer; each night you may target a player; if that player is a person/individual magician, then he may choose to join your neighborhood PM; those who join will have their characters revealed to you; players of either affiliation may join. If your target is a person, he will receive the information in the following message: "You have been invited to The MC, a prestigious magicians" guild, because of your valuable skills; upon being inducted, your character will be revealed to the player who invited you." Targeting mafia will perform the same action in addition to revealing your role and every character you have collected to them.

You win with the town.
0x5f3759df
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 8:52:43 PM
Mafia

First, all mafia roles are real. There are no hidden flavors for the mafia.

ford_prefect - S. W. Erdnase - You wrote the the bible of card tricks, The Expert at the Card Table, under the psuedonym S. W. Erdnase in 1902. The book includes sleight of hand, misdirection, and manipulation. You are a legend among card sharps; your identity has remained a secret for over a century, although guess of your identity include "E. S. Andrews" and Wilbur Edgerton Sanders.

- You are Godfather; flavors stacks: e.g., insane cop investigates innocent on framed innocent.
- You are Immortal; upon being lynched, you don"t die, instead, you flip, the DP continues, and you become unkillable by any means, while retaining your ability to post in the DP and vote; however, your faction surrenders if you are the last scum alive after you have been lynched.

Wylted - Val Valentino - As the persona "The Masked Magician," you hosted Breaking the Magician's Code: Magic's Biggest Secrets Finally Revealed on Fox network, where you explained the secrets behind some of magic"s guarded illusions; you claim your motives to be encouraging youth to participate in magic and pushing professionals to put more creativity in magic. You have inside knowledge of other practitioners" tricks.

- You are the Revealer. Each day, you may name any one players, and guess his role; if you successfully guess a player"s role, that person will be vanillaised, and lose his vote that DP; each player may only be named once. You only have to have a close guess. If a person has multiple roles, the one you name will be removed. Guessing JOAT will remove all his roles. Naming is not a visit.

SolonKR & Unknown Player - Commercial magic vendor - Be it selling boxed magic sets for kids at a supermarket, or a specialty magic props store, you teach the general public all sorts of simple magic tricks. While the tricks you sell are usually simple, they are also great in variety, ranging from stacked card decks to cabinets with fake compartments.

- You are the JOAT. You may use any one of the following on any night; they are all 1-shot:
1. Lawyer (flavors stack)
2. Framer
3. Roleblock
4. Rolecop
5. Ninja
6. Strongman
7. Janitor

You win when you have eliminated all the non-mafia or if there is nothing that can stop this from occurring.
0x5f3759df
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 9:39:40 PM
Actions

DP1 lynch Ober.
Wylted reveals FT "miller"

Commentary: there were some interesting developments in DP1. The scuffle between Disc and FT was entirely unnecessary. By saying "I won't claim DP1," the player has essentially soft claimed; also, the implication is that anyone will claim if they are about to be lynched.

Not to demean FT, by the mafia was having a jolly time reading this post: http://www.debate.org...

In the OP of DP1, I gave town a hint: "Remember that the fun of magic is in the wonder." Magicians never reveal their secrets, because if it is, the trick will cease to create wonder. The theme of the game was magicians vs reveallers. Excessive claiming is supposed to fck town over.

Lannan was being an utter idiot. The Magic Circle has no relation to the Magic Castle. It even SPECIFICALLY says so in his own link, the very paragraph he was referring to. His meds must be strong.

NP1
Town:

Lannan Jail Saph
101 stacks
Midnight cop FT "innocent"
tej neighb lannan
FT motion detect Saph "negative"

Mafia:

Solon Janitor NK Romanii

Commentary: the number of people who didn't understand/didn't read their roles this game is astounding. Midnight thought his lack of a vote would be present in the vote count, 101 though he was supposed to get results, and tej targeted a claimed non-personnel.

DP2 no lynch.
Wylted reveals Midnight "cop, watcher"

NP2
Town:

Lannan Jail Solon
101 Transtessalate FT ==> motion detects Disc "negative"
Disc accepts motion detecting.
tej neighbs VoT
Saph Russian roulettes ford: (return 2; 5-s, 6-s, 1-a, 2-s(d))
FT motion detects Solon "negative"

Mafia:

ford NK VoT
Solon lawyer Solon

Commentary: Lannan's Solon jail almost could have worked. Except it would have actually worked if he just did what FT told him to - jail VoT.

101.. why..

DP3 lynch FT.

Commentary: an outsider would observe that town has no interest in lynching scum..

NP3
Town:

Lannan jail Midnight
Ober[2] (rep XLAV) redirects to Disc
Disc accepts role cop

Mafia:

Wylted NKs Lannan
Solon rolecops Ober

DP4 no lynch.
Wylted reveals Disc "selective ascetic, bleeder"

Commentary: game was pretty much dead at this point.

NP4
Town:

Tej neighbs Disc

Mafia:

Wylted NK Ober
Solon RB Ober

DP5 no lynch
Wylted reveals 101 "motion detecor" (fails)

Commentary: why anyone would think Romanii was scum is beyond me. Janitored, the only death of the night... All points to SCUM, right?

3 no lynches out of 5 DPs. The majority of town never seemed to care about winning for 1 second this game.
0x5f3759df
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 9:44:04 PM
At 10/5/2015 9:39:40 PM, Bullish wrote:
3 no lynches out of 5 DPs. The majority of town never seemed to care about winning for 1 second this game.

If it makes you feel better, I cared for about 60 seconds.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 9:50:26 PM
Game and balance

Town were given lots of power roles. The flavor aspect could have been entirely negated by the fact that it is revealed upon death.

All 3 mafia had some damn OP roles, 2 of which were game-altering. I want opinions on whether they were game-breaking. Ford's immortal role was supposed to be balanced by the mason, which confirms 1-2 townies. Wylted's vote removal role depended on town claiming, and it did in fact fail on LyLo.
0x5f3759df
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2015 1:25:16 AM
-.- I stopped following the game soon after I died (I was so close too! ugh). By NP2 when I used my role, I was starting to suspect either ford or Solon a little bit, hence my action on ford, but I didn't guess Wylted. I have never been able to read Wylted with any consistency. What really amazed me was the whole mass claim business that happened somewhere along the line--I forget when. Especially when mafia benefited immensely from something like that. Sigh. What is this now? 7 mafia wins in a row?
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Valkrin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2015 12:05:48 PM
At 10/6/2015 1:25:16 AM, Sapphique wrote:
-.- I stopped following the game soon after I died (I was so close too! ugh). By NP2 when I used my role, I was starting to suspect either ford or Solon a little bit, hence my action on ford, but I didn't guess Wylted. I have never been able to read Wylted with any consistency. What really amazed me was the whole mass claim business that happened somewhere along the line--I forget when. Especially when mafia benefited immensely from something like that. Sigh. What is this now? 7 mafia wins in a row?
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." - Vaarka
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2015 9:54:00 PM
At 10/6/2015 12:05:48 PM, Valkrin wrote:

Nah, it's a tie for the longest mafia win streak. This seriously needs to stop.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2015 11:25:30 PM
For anyone curious, this is the 9th consecutive mafia win on DDO
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2015 11:29:56 PM
At 10/6/2015 11:25:30 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:

Whoa. I thought it was the eighth. Can you list them?

SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2015 12:43:07 AM
At 10/6/2015 11:29:56 PM, Sapphique wrote:

Whoa. I thought it was the eighth. Can you list them?

http://www.debate.org...
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

~mysteriouscrystals

~F-16

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2015 12:21:56 PM

Damn.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2015 6:50:35 PM
I posted comprehensive thoughts about the state of mafia in the F&E Endgame thread, though I'll note this game was even worse in terms of town motivation that it was.

Here, though, I'll make commentary on what really happened with the hydra, since I just dismissed it with a "I don't want to talk about it". My partner and I had wanted to play a town hydra, and, understandably, we didn't really have much to talk about in our PM, since I was scum. That's why we ended the hydra; there was just no point to it (with the exception of hot romance).

Also, I'll say that the Russian roulette stunt (I watched the video) was REALLY cool. It's probably staged, but it perfectly conveys the intensity of the moment.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2015 7:01:52 PM
At 10/9/2015 6:50:35 PM, SolonKR wrote:
Here, though, I'll make commentary on what really happened with the hydra, since I just dismissed it with a "I don't want to talk about it". My partner and I had wanted to play a town hydra, and, understandably, we didn't really have much to talk about in our PM, since I was scum. That's why we ended the hydra; there was just no point to it (with the exception of hot romance).

I suspected you on this basis.
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2015 7:05:22 PM
At 10/9/2015 7:01:52 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 10/9/2015 6:50:35 PM, SolonKR wrote:
My partner and I had wanted to play a town hydra, and, understandably, we didn't really have much to talk about in our PM, since I was scum. That's why we ended the hydra.
I suspected you on this basis.

I figured some people might. I was worried when Bullish announced the end of the hydra publicly; he could have kept the end secret, as the hydra itself didn't affect the game and could have been withheld. Oh well; it still worked out in the end.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2015 7:14:19 PM
I thought this game was supremely winnable, even after I was lynched. The mafia were so ridiculously obvious after my lynch it was actually painful watching this.