Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 2:39:00 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Mafia Wins!

Mafia

Blah - You are the LAWYER. Each night, you may target another player and make them appear town to COPs for that night.

Butter - You are the 3-shot ROLEBLOCKER. Each night (for 3 nights), you may target another player and prevent them from using their role.

Town

LW - You are the BODYGUARD. Each night you may select a player. Any lethal actions aimed at them will be redirected to you. You win with the town.

Valo - You are BULLETPROOF. You cannot be NK'd. You win with the town.

TS - You are the VIRGIN. If lynched, you will prevent all NKs. You win with the town.

Endark - You are the BOMB. If NK'd, you kill your killer. You win with the town.

Vaar (Disc) - You are the DOCTOR. Each night you may select a target and protect them from all NKs. You win with the town.

Khaos - You are the ORACLE. If killed (by any means) you may select a target and reveal their affiliation publicly. You win with the town.

Lannan - You are the even-night ASCETIC. On even nights, you are unaffected by non-lethal actions. You win with the town.

Third Party

Val - You are the SERIAL KILLER. Each night you MUST select a player for death. You win when all players or dead, or when there is only 1 other player alive.

Night Actions

NP1

Vaar - Doc Lannan
Blah - NK Vaar

NP2

Butter - Rlbk Valo
Blah - Lwy. Blah
Butter - NK Valo

NP3

Butter - Rlbk. Lannan
Blah - Lwy. Blah
Butter - NK Lannan
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 2:43:01 AM
Why did you role block me?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 2:43:30 AM
Bravo, ER!!!!

Butter, even though you played terribly, and were obvious scum, I commend you for not giving up. It is a welcome treat that mafia actually tries.
My work here is, finally, done.
ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 2:51:58 AM
At 11/2/2015 2:43:30 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Bravo, ER!!!!

Butter, even though you played terribly, and were obvious scum, I commend you for not giving up. It is a welcome treat that mafia actually tries.

I played well at some points I screwed up a bit, but I never gave up. And I planned way too hard. But I beat you at mafia, my life is complete. Though it would have been better if I had killed you.
I bet fanfics are already being posted on random blogs about us.-Vaarka

Butters preformed his duty to the town and died with honor, he helped us kill scum, so we know have to go and make sure his death wasn't in vain and win this game for him.-lannan13

All hail the great and mighty Butters, who died for our inactive cause.-Vaarka

fuckith offith, lol.-Ore(talking to me)

And guess what happened to FT? He got raped to death.-Xlav

You are so obviously town I love you man.-VOT
ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 2:52:41 AM
At 11/2/2015 2:43:01 AM, lannan13 wrote:
Why did you role block me?

You said that you put people to sleep, it was worth risking a roleblock and how it was looking I would have enough roleblocks to go round.

Butters preformed his duty to the town and died with honor, he helped us kill scum, so we know have to go and make sure his death wasn't in vain and win this game for him.-lannan13

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 2:55:33 AM
At 11/2/2015 2:51:58 AM, ButterCatX wrote:
Bravo, ER!!!!

I played well at some points I screwed up a bit, but I never gave up. And I planned way too hard. But I beat you at mafia, my life is complete. Though it would have been better if I had killed you.

You didn't beat me. Mafia winning =/= beating an individual townie
Not only was I gunning for you, I was also suspect of Blah.
I had Blah over TS, and you over ER.
ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 2:57:03 AM
At 11/2/2015 2:55:33 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Bravo, ER!!!!

I still won and you lost , so I won over you. I feel proud and your scumreads did nothing becuase I won. (sorry, I am so hype about this)

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 2:57:24 AM
I do find it humerous that both me and ER lied about our roles, which is likely why we didn't trust each other.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 2:59:09 AM
At 11/2/2015 2:57:03 AM, ButterCatX wrote:
At 11/2/2015 2:55:33 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Bravo, ER!!!!

I still won and you lost , so I won over you. I feel proud and your scumreads did nothing becuase I won. (sorry, I am so hype about this)

Dial it back, then.
Remember, the only reason you weren't lynched DP3 is because TS lives in Australlia.
That is not something to brag about.
ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 2:59:21 AM
At 11/2/2015 2:57:24 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
I do find it humerous that both me and ER lied about our roles, which is likely why we didn't trust each other.

Lol, good job. That was honestly the most fun game of mafia I have ever played.

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 9:54:00 AM
I'd have unvoted if I'd been on in time. That was the second worst claim, after Butter's. And I did try to signal to Knaos that I was still suspicious of Butter by telling him my suspicions were still there. It was obvious when Butter never questioned why I suddenly seemed to town-read him DP4 compared with DP3. I was trying to flush out his teammate.

However, thanks to Blah's inactivity, I never scum-read him until I saw that claim, at which point, it was already game over. I thought Khaos was the only player who would have noticed I was trying to bait an NK and that's why I was still alive. Which is why I scum-read him over Blah.

And mafia, your night kills didn't make much sense at all.

Oh, well. I blame myself.
TS-387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 10:28:26 AM
At 11/2/2015 9:54:00 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
I'd have unvoted if I'd been on in time. That was the second worst claim, after Butter's. And I did try to signal to Knaos that I was still suspicious of Butter by telling him my suspicions were still there. It was obvious when Butter never questioned why I suddenly seemed to town-read him DP4 compared with DP3. I was trying to flush out his teammate.

However, thanks to Blah's inactivity, I never scum-read him until I saw that claim, at which point, it was already game over. I thought Khaos was the only player who would have noticed I was trying to bait an NK and that's why I was still alive. Which is why I scum-read him over Blah.

Thank you for teaching me some lessons about random voting.

What's the appropriate response if someone comes on and CC's somebody?
MST_SlGNATURE_31803
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 12:02:20 PM
At 11/2/2015 10:28:26 AM, TS-387 wrote:

Generally, you lynch the person who was CC'd.
Of course, when the game is on the line, such as LYLO, you focus on those players, since you know at least one is scum.

ER never should have voted you, even if he did believe you were scum due to the claim. At least, not until, at least, the CC was confirmed.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 12:04:13 PM
Why did you not kill me or ER?
Whose idea were the NKs?
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 12:26:26 PM
I don't think this is reliable. Remember, your reaction tests need to take into account the specific player. Is Butter the type of person to notice this change? If not, then the lack of question means nothing.
Is he the type of player who tunnels, and he suspected me and TS? If so, then your change went unnoticed.

However, thanks to Blah's inactivity, I never scum-read him until I saw that claim, at which point, it was already game over.
If you town read TS, then it should have been him or me, and frankly, I'm not sure why you scum read me.....again.
I thought Khaos was the only player who would have noticed I was trying to bait an NK and that's why I was still alive. Which is why I scum-read him over Blah.
Ditto, as I was doing the same.
However, you weren't being consistent, and even if I was mafia, I would have kept you alive even if I wasn't afraid of a lure. You were all over the place. Claiming Vig, claiming bomb, and claiming Vanilla.

I disagree. (except for NP1)

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 12:31:49 PM
LW, did you see what me and ER and TS were doing?

We analyzed behavior in different ways, but we were trying to figure out who had ulterior motives, too much information, and who was trying to manipulate town.

There is no way to explain what to do, as every player is different, and thus, every combonation is different. Just get in and get your hands dirty.
Town must be active.
Town must not be afraid to mislynch.

Mislynching is not anti-town, nor is it pro-scum. It is the reason for the lynch (and even proposed lynches that don't pan out) that must be analyzed.
ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 1:48:07 PM
At 11/2/2015 12:04:13 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Why did you not kill me or ER?
Whose idea were the NKs?

We were trying to keep everyone on their feet, by having kills that made no sense. We wanted everyone to be confused by the kills, and it worked. And yeah we knew V-bird was BP that's why I RBd him just to make everyoen think a bit.

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 2:28:57 PM
At 11/2/2015 12:26:26 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
I don't think this is reliable. Remember, your reaction tests need to take into account the specific player. Is Butter the type of person to notice this change? If not, then the lack of question means nothing.

Yeah. It's obvious now that it's been too long since I helped in a beginner's game. My standards were too high. I'll have to fix that. It locked Blah into his claim, which was exactly what I wanted, but I wasn't around when he did it. I was checking in every so often, too. Bad luck is all.

Is he the type of player who tunnels, and he suspected me and TS? If so, then your change went unnoticed.

However, thanks to Blah's inactivity, I never scum-read him until I saw that claim, at which point, it was already game over.
If you town read TS, then it should have been him or me, and frankly, I'm not sure why you scum read me.....again.

I just said below.

I thought Khaos was the only player who would have noticed I was trying to bait an NK and that's why I was still alive. Which is why I scum-read him over Blah.
Ditto, as I was doing the same.
However, you weren't being consistent, and even if I was mafia, I would have kept you alive even if I wasn't afraid of a lure. You were all over the place. Claiming Vig, claiming bomb, and claiming Vanilla.

I never claimed bomb.

I disagree. (except for NP1)

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 2:31:05 PM
At 11/2/2015 10:28:26 AM, TS-387 wrote:

Thank you for teaching me some lessons about random voting.

You're welcome.

Normally, the person who got CC'd is auto-lynched. But not always, and NEVER if it's MYLO or LYLO. In some games, it's genuinely possible for there to be more than one role. In others, mafia may fake a claim to try and bait the actual person into claiming. So context matters.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 4:20:59 PM
At 11/2/2015 2:28:57 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
I never claimed bomb.

You baiting the NK was claiming bomb ;)
You can't tell me you scum read me for baiting the NK and mafia being afraid, and then say you weren't claiming the role that would make me afraid.
ValosaBirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 4:47:49 PM
Bravo, ER!!!!

I hate you.
ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 4:59:26 PM
At 11/2/2015 4:47:49 PM, ValosaBirdy wrote:
Bravo, ER!!!!

I hate you.

I killed a role that was thought to be unkillable unless there is a strongman, that is pushing the limits of modern day mafia.

ValosaBirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 5:01:45 PM
At 11/2/2015 4:59:26 PM, ButterCatX wrote:
Bravo, ER!!!!

I hate you.

I killed a role that was thought to be unkillable unless there is a strongman, that is pushing the limits of modern day mafia.

I still hate you, you clever Idiot
ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 5:15:03 PM
At 11/2/2015 5:01:45 PM, ValosaBirdy wrote:
Bravo, ER!!!!

I hate you.

I still hate you, you clever Idiot

Live (or die in your case) with it.

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 5:59:38 PM

Did you ask before you NK'd, if you could roleblock BP?
ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 6:12:42 PM
At 11/2/2015 5:59:38 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Did you ask before you NK'd, if you could roleblock BP?

Yep

ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 6:13:03 PM
Also, ER I could have killed you.

ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 6:31:02 PM
At 11/2/2015 6:24:53 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 11/2/2015 6:13:03 PM, ButterCatX wrote:

That was the point, yes (you can't RB a bomb).

You can actually, I asked

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 6:32:15 PM
At 11/2/2015 6:31:02 PM, ButterCatX wrote:
At 11/2/2015 6:24:53 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 11/2/2015 6:13:03 PM, ButterCatX wrote:

That was the point, yes (you can't RB a bomb).

You can actually, I asked

You definitely can't because the user dies first, unlike the BP. If bsh told you otherwise, he's wrong, and it's bastard modding.