Total Posts:30|Showing Posts:1-30
Jump to topic:

Beginners' Mafia 41.3: ENDGAME

Sapphique
Posts: 4,119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2015 9:44:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Mafia wins!

1st place: Mafia

Lannan - You are the SOCIETY OF JESUS (JESUITS). Because you were founded as the soldiers of God, designed to defend the souls of Christians wherever they were in jeopardy, and to steer lost souls back on course, you are the 1-shot REDIRECTOR.

Endark - You are the BENEDICTINE SISTERS OF BETHANY. Your chief mission is the care and welfare of orphans, which requires a variety of skills to do well--you must educate, heal, protect, and nurture these children for the time they are in your custody. Consequently, you are the JOAT; you've got the following 1-shot abilities: DOCTOR, ROLE COP, NINJA.

2nd place: Town

Butters - You are the YAMAGUCHI-GUMI. You are pursuing an aggressively expansionist policy, tracking down profits and open markets across the globe. Thus, you are the 3-shot TRACKER. At night, you may select another player and learn who, if anyone, they visited. You win with the town.

Khaos - You are LOS ZETAS. Because you use particularly brutal tactics to terrorize you enemies (like beheadings) you are the VIGILANTE. Each night you may select someone for death. You win with the town.

Vaar - You are the BIRMINGHAM BOYS. Because so much of your business was tied to gambling, which is inherently luck-based, you are the nonconsecutive RANDOMIZER. On nonconsecutive nights, you may target another player. If they have an active role, and if they choose to use their role, you will randomize who they target. You win with the town.

TS - You are the HAWAIIAN SYNDICATE. Because you enforce your authority on your beat, extracting tribute from those who want to do business there, you are the COP. Each night, you may select another player. You will learn if they win with the mafia (guilty) or not (innocent). You win with the town.

3rd place: Third Party

Blah - You are VANILLA; you have no role. You are third party.
[Formerly: You are the the KHALWATI ORDER. Your names comes from a term meaning withdrawal from the world for mystical purposes, and you emphasis individual asceticism and retreat. Therefore, you are the ASCETIC.]

V-bird - You are VANILLA; you have no role. You are third party.
[Formerly: You are the CHICAGO OUTFIT. Because when anyone betrays the honor or integrity of the organization, they are killed, you are the BOMB. If NK'd, you will kill your killer. Hidden: You are odd-night.]

Valkrin - You are VANILLA; you have no role. You are third party.
[Formerly: You are the GENOVESE FAMILY. The code Omerta keeps your organization nearly completely free of treachery. Given this, it's been nigh impossible for authorities to bring you down. Thus, you are BULLETPROOF. You cannot be NK'd.]

LW - You are VANILLA; you have no role. You are third party.
[Formerly: You are the BROTHER'S CIRCLE. It's possible you don't exist, just a phantom haunting our minds. Because it's possible you're not really even an organization, you are the MILLER. You appear guilty to Cops.]

Night Actions

NP1

Khaos - Vig. Vaar
TS - Cop Valo
Vaar - Rdmz. LW
Endark - Rlcp. Khaos
Lannan - NK TS

You must be more active!
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Discipulus_Didicit
Posts: 3,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2015 9:49:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Wow. That was long.
Cobalt - You could be scum too.
Matt - I suppose. But I also might not be.

Kiri - Yeah, I don't know what DD is doing.
Vaarka - He's doin'a thingy do

DD - The best advice most often goes unheeded.
Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
lannan13
Posts: 23,065
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2015 9:52:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Yay! I'm sorry I wasn't active towards the end. My wifi was just killing me.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2015 9:57:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I should also say mafia got a free fake claim: Sun Yee On.

The theme was religious organizations vs. crime organizations.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
ButterCatX
Posts: 2,228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2015 10:07:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I hate you, bsh. Making town mafia in a game of mafia.
I hate you inactives, every last one of you suck.
Twice in one series town loses due to modkill of inactives.
Mafia was the team to be in these games.
Khaos, you are the only player I know who argued against being town read while being town.
Good job Endark, I didn't suspect you yet.
I bet fanfics are already being posted on random blogs about us.-Vaarka

Butters preformed his duty to the town and died with honor, he helped us kill scum, so we know have to go and make sure his death wasn't in vain and win this game for him.-lannan13

All hail the great and mighty Butters, who died for our inactive cause.-Vaarka

fuckith offith, lol.-Ore(talking to me)

And guess what happened to FT? He got raped to death.-Xlav

You are so obviously town I love you man.-VOT
lannan13
Posts: 23,065
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2015 10:09:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/10/2015 10:07:28 PM, ButterCatX wrote:
I hate you, bsh. Making town mafia in a game of mafia.
I hate you inactives, every last one of you suck.
Twice in one series town loses due to modkill of inactives.
Mafia was the team to be in these games.
Khaos, you are the only player I know who argued against being town read while being town.
Good job Endark, I didn't suspect you yet.

Well it didn't help when half of the crew went out to inactivity and many up and left DDO.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
ButterCatX
Posts: 2,228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2015 10:10:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/10/2015 10:09:18 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 11/10/2015 10:07:28 PM, ButterCatX wrote:
I hate you, bsh. Making town mafia in a game of mafia.
I hate you inactives, every last one of you suck.
Twice in one series town loses due to modkill of inactives.
Mafia was the team to be in these games.
Khaos, you are the only player I know who argued against being town read while being town.
Good job Endark, I didn't suspect you yet.

Well it didn't help when half of the crew went out to inactivity and many up and left DDO.

I need to play another series after this, hopefully where people are actually active.
I bet fanfics are already being posted on random blogs about us.-Vaarka

Butters preformed his duty to the town and died with honor, he helped us kill scum, so we know have to go and make sure his death wasn't in vain and win this game for him.-lannan13

All hail the great and mighty Butters, who died for our inactive cause.-Vaarka

fuckith offith, lol.-Ore(talking to me)

And guess what happened to FT? He got raped to death.-Xlav

You are so obviously town I love you man.-VOT
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2015 10:12:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/10/2015 10:07:28 PM, ButterCatX wrote:
I hate you, bsh. Making town mafia in a game of mafia.
I hate you inactives, every last one of you suck.
Twice in one series town loses due to modkill of inactives.
Mafia was the team to be in these games.
Khaos, you are the only player I know who argued against being town read while being town.
Good job Endark, I didn't suspect you yet.

You should have. I was leaving a few tells. Khaos seemed to notice.
I was still trying to play around helping you all master the game rather than winning. Unfortunately, the inactivity wrecked that.

Seriously, people. If you sign up to play, play.
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2015 10:12:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/10/2015 10:07:28 PM, ButterCatX wrote:
I hate you, bsh. Making town mafia in a game of mafia.
I hate you inactives, every last one of you suck.
Twice in one series town loses due to modkill of inactives.
Mafia was the team to be in these games.
Khaos, you are the only player I know who argued against being town read while being town.
Good job Endark, I didn't suspect you yet.

With that said, thank you for being an absolute gem this game. You're really starting to come into your own and improve.
lannan13
Posts: 23,065
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2015 10:13:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/10/2015 10:10:19 PM, ButterCatX wrote:
At 11/10/2015 10:09:18 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 11/10/2015 10:07:28 PM, ButterCatX wrote:
I hate you, bsh. Making town mafia in a game of mafia.
I hate you inactives, every last one of you suck.
Twice in one series town loses due to modkill of inactives.
Mafia was the team to be in these games.
Khaos, you are the only player I know who argued against being town read while being town.
Good job Endark, I didn't suspect you yet.

Well it didn't help when half of the crew went out to inactivity and many up and left DDO.

I need to play another series after this, hopefully where people are actually active.

Well I have a 9 day break coming up, so I would have to catch 43.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2015 10:14:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/10/2015 10:07:28 PM, ButterCatX wrote:
I hate you, bsh. Making town mafia in a game of mafia.

Muhahahahaha!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
ButterCatX
Posts: 2,228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2015 10:14:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/10/2015 10:12:12 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 11/10/2015 10:07:28 PM, ButterCatX wrote:
I hate you, bsh. Making town mafia in a game of mafia.
I hate you inactives, every last one of you suck.
Twice in one series town loses due to modkill of inactives.
Mafia was the team to be in these games.
Khaos, you are the only player I know who argued against being town read while being town.
Good job Endark, I didn't suspect you yet.

You should have. I was leaving a few tells. Khaos seemed to notice.
I was still trying to play around helping you all master the game rather than winning. Unfortunately, the inactivity wrecked that.

Seriously, people. If you sign up to play, play.

I probably would have picked up a bit more in the next dp, I was focusing on other people and would have found it later when we were with a smaller number of people
I bet fanfics are already being posted on random blogs about us.-Vaarka

Butters preformed his duty to the town and died with honor, he helped us kill scum, so we know have to go and make sure his death wasn't in vain and win this game for him.-lannan13

All hail the great and mighty Butters, who died for our inactive cause.-Vaarka

fuckith offith, lol.-Ore(talking to me)

And guess what happened to FT? He got raped to death.-Xlav

You are so obviously town I love you man.-VOT
ButterCatX
Posts: 2,228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2015 10:16:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/10/2015 10:13:13 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 11/10/2015 10:10:19 PM, ButterCatX wrote:
At 11/10/2015 10:09:18 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 11/10/2015 10:07:28 PM, ButterCatX wrote:
I hate you, bsh. Making town mafia in a game of mafia.
I hate you inactives, every last one of you suck.
Twice in one series town loses due to modkill of inactives.
Mafia was the team to be in these games.
Khaos, you are the only player I know who argued against being town read while being town.
Good job Endark, I didn't suspect you yet.

Well it didn't help when half of the crew went out to inactivity and many up and left DDO.

I need to play another series after this, hopefully where people are actually active.

Well I have a 9 day break coming up, so I would have to catch 43.

So I'll have to wait to beat you.
I bet fanfics are already being posted on random blogs about us.-Vaarka

Butters preformed his duty to the town and died with honor, he helped us kill scum, so we know have to go and make sure his death wasn't in vain and win this game for him.-lannan13

All hail the great and mighty Butters, who died for our inactive cause.-Vaarka

fuckith offith, lol.-Ore(talking to me)

And guess what happened to FT? He got raped to death.-Xlav

You are so obviously town I love you man.-VOT
lannan13
Posts: 23,065
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2015 10:19:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/10/2015 10:16:22 PM, ButterCatX wrote:
At 11/10/2015 10:13:13 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 11/10/2015 10:10:19 PM, ButterCatX wrote:
At 11/10/2015 10:09:18 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 11/10/2015 10:07:28 PM, ButterCatX wrote:
I hate you, bsh. Making town mafia in a game of mafia.
I hate you inactives, every last one of you suck.
Twice in one series town loses due to modkill of inactives.
Mafia was the team to be in these games.
Khaos, you are the only player I know who argued against being town read while being town.
Good job Endark, I didn't suspect you yet.

Well it didn't help when half of the crew went out to inactivity and many up and left DDO.

I need to play another series after this, hopefully where people are actually active.

Well I have a 9 day break coming up, so I would have to catch 43.

So I'll have to wait to beat you.

Yep. ;)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
ValosaBirdy
Posts: 1,184
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2015 11:07:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/10/2015 10:07:28 PM, ButterCatX wrote:
I hate you, bsh. Making town mafia in a game of mafia.
I hate you inactives, every last one of you suck.
I couldn't be...

Twice in one series town loses due to modkill of inactives.
Mafia was the team to be in these games.
Khaos, you are the only player I know who argued against being town read while being town.
Good job Endark, I didn't suspect you yet.
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2015 11:50:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/10/2015 11:07:31 PM, ValosaBirdy wrote:
At 11/10/2015 10:07:28 PM, ButterCatX wrote:
I hate you, bsh. Making town mafia in a game of mafia.
I hate you inactives, every last one of you suck.
I couldn't be...

Well, you were mod-killed. So.

Twice in one series town loses due to modkill of inactives.
Mafia was the team to be in these games.
Khaos, you are the only player I know who argued against being town read while being town.
Good job Endark, I didn't suspect you yet.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2015 11:58:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Well, Lannan was dead in the night, presumably.

I got my names mixed up again, I think, which is why I killed whoever I did NP1, as I thought ER was protecting them, but I think I was thinking the wrong V-name.

I almost shot V-bird NP1, but I'm glad I didn't as he was town.
Once Lannan was dead, I would probably have read ER as town until LYLO. I had V-bird and Butter as town, same with Valkrin. So, I'd have lynched LW or Blah next.

I'm surprised Lannan changed his MO, and attacked ER right off the bat DP1.
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2015 12:31:03 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/10/2015 10:07:28 PM, ButterCatX wrote:

Twice in one series town loses due to modkill of inactives.

Remember: inactivity is the bane of town, and almost a sure loss, unless everyone active can come together to lynch.

Khaos, you are the only player I know who argued against being town read while being town.

What does this mean?

Also, you have shown to care and start to play, and for that, I applaud and thank you.
My work here is, finally, done.
ButterCatX
Posts: 2,228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2015 12:38:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/11/2015 12:31:03 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 11/10/2015 10:07:28 PM, ButterCatX wrote:

Twice in one series town loses due to modkill of inactives.

Remember: inactivity is the bane of town, and almost a sure loss, unless everyone active can come together to lynch.

Khaos, you are the only player I know who argued against being town read while being town.

What does this mean?

When I was saying that you were my strongest town read and you said it could also be you saying that you are scum.

Also, you have shown to care and start to play, and for that, I applaud and thank you.

I played a lot and was pretty good before my inactivity burst.
I bet fanfics are already being posted on random blogs about us.-Vaarka

Butters preformed his duty to the town and died with honor, he helped us kill scum, so we know have to go and make sure his death wasn't in vain and win this game for him.-lannan13

All hail the great and mighty Butters, who died for our inactive cause.-Vaarka

fuckith offith, lol.-Ore(talking to me)

And guess what happened to FT? He got raped to death.-Xlav

You are so obviously town I love you man.-VOT
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2015 12:43:15 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/11/2015 12:38:33 AM, ButterCatX wrote:
At 11/11/2015 12:31:03 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 11/10/2015 10:07:28 PM, ButterCatX wrote:

Twice in one series town loses due to modkill of inactives.

Remember: inactivity is the bane of town, and almost a sure loss, unless everyone active can come together to lynch.

Khaos, you are the only player I know who argued against being town read while being town.

What does this mean?

When I was saying that you were my strongest town read and you said it could also be you saying that you are scum.

If the logic is bad, the logic is bad. That's all.
When I'm trying to get into your head to understand what you are thinking, the truth is irrelevant. (and, to be fair, it was a teachable moment of WIFOM for all the inactives out there)

Also, you have shown to care and start to play, and for that, I applaud and thank you.

I played a lot and was pretty good before my inactivity burst.
I don't remember that, but time will tell.
My work here is, finally, done.
ButterCatX
Posts: 2,228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2015 1:05:05 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/11/2015 12:43:15 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 11/11/2015 12:38:33 AM, ButterCatX wrote:
At 11/11/2015 12:31:03 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 11/10/2015 10:07:28 PM, ButterCatX wrote:

Twice in one series town loses due to modkill of inactives.

Remember: inactivity is the bane of town, and almost a sure loss, unless everyone active can come together to lynch.

Khaos, you are the only player I know who argued against being town read while being town.

What does this mean?

When I was saying that you were my strongest town read and you said it could also be you saying that you are scum.

If the logic is bad, the logic is bad. That's all.
When I'm trying to get into your head to understand what you are thinking, the truth is irrelevant. (and, to be fair, it was a teachable moment of WIFOM for all the inactives out there)

You are still the only person who does that, I may try it sometime.
And it was some nice WIFOM. I was so close to some good WIFOM in the first game game but was unable to do it because I was too good and was killed DP one before I could start the WIFOM for real.

Also, you have shown to care and start to play, and for that, I applaud and thank you.

I played a lot and was pretty good before my inactivity burst.
I don't remember that, but time will tell.

It was before the summer started, around last fall
I bet fanfics are already being posted on random blogs about us.-Vaarka

Butters preformed his duty to the town and died with honor, he helped us kill scum, so we know have to go and make sure his death wasn't in vain and win this game for him.-lannan13

All hail the great and mighty Butters, who died for our inactive cause.-Vaarka

fuckith offith, lol.-Ore(talking to me)

And guess what happened to FT? He got raped to death.-Xlav

You are so obviously town I love you man.-VOT
BLAHthedebator
Posts: 982
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2015 1:13:31 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Darn.

My timing is terrible.
I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
I don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree
I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas...
Is...
Youuuuuu
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2015 10:02:39 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/11/2015 1:05:05 AM, ButterCatX wrote:
At 11/11/2015 12:43:15 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 11/11/2015 12:38:33 AM, ButterCatX wrote:
At 11/11/2015 12:31:03 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 11/10/2015 10:07:28 PM, ButterCatX wrote:

Twice in one series town loses due to modkill of inactives.

Remember: inactivity is the bane of town, and almost a sure loss, unless everyone active can come together to lynch.

Khaos, you are the only player I know who argued against being town read while being town.

What does this mean?

When I was saying that you were my strongest town read and you said it could also be you saying that you are scum.

If the logic is bad, the logic is bad. That's all.
When I'm trying to get into your head to understand what you are thinking, the truth is irrelevant. (and, to be fair, it was a teachable moment of WIFOM for all the inactives out there)

You are still the only person who does that, I may try it sometime.
And it was some nice WIFOM. I was so close to some good WIFOM in the first game game but was unable to do it because I was too good and was killed DP one before I could start the WIFOM for real.

Town should not be engaged in WIFOM, but be aware of it. WIFOM is manipulation, and town should be direct and transparent. When town is lies or is manipulative, it hurts town; you must have a good reason to do this, and you must be prepared to die for doing so.

To be honest, I misread my PM, and I thought I was the Serial Killer, which is why I said what I said; I was going for a TP lover gambit while allowing myself wiggle room for a dreamer or medium claim. The WIFOM is in regards to why I would say what I said, and you were wrong. As scum, I did say that, because scum wouldn't say that. I realized about halfway through DP1 that I was town, but I made my bed.
WIFOM is manipulation, and is not something town should actively engage in, because a townie's teammates do not know you are town, but mafia does.
My work here is, finally, done.
ButterCatX
Posts: 2,228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2015 12:18:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/11/2015 10:50:10 AM, Smithereens wrote:
are those supposed to be third party survivors? The hell is a third party vanilla's wincon..?

No, they were modkilled for inactivity
I bet fanfics are already being posted on random blogs about us.-Vaarka

Butters preformed his duty to the town and died with honor, he helped us kill scum, so we know have to go and make sure his death wasn't in vain and win this game for him.-lannan13

All hail the great and mighty Butters, who died for our inactive cause.-Vaarka

fuckith offith, lol.-Ore(talking to me)

And guess what happened to FT? He got raped to death.-Xlav

You are so obviously town I love you man.-VOT
ButterCatX
Posts: 2,228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2015 12:23:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/11/2015 10:02:39 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 11/11/2015 1:05:05 AM, ButterCatX wrote:
At 11/11/2015 12:43:15 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 11/11/2015 12:38:33 AM, ButterCatX wrote:
At 11/11/2015 12:31:03 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 11/10/2015 10:07:28 PM, ButterCatX wrote:

Twice in one series town loses due to modkill of inactives.

Remember: inactivity is the bane of town, and almost a sure loss, unless everyone active can come together to lynch.

Khaos, you are the only player I know who argued against being town read while being town.

What does this mean?

When I was saying that you were my strongest town read and you said it could also be you saying that you are scum.

If the logic is bad, the logic is bad. That's all.
When I'm trying to get into your head to understand what you are thinking, the truth is irrelevant. (and, to be fair, it was a teachable moment of WIFOM for all the inactives out there)

You are still the only person who does that, I may try it sometime.
And it was some nice WIFOM. I was so close to some good WIFOM in the first game game but was unable to do it because I was too good and was killed DP one before I could start the WIFOM for real.

Town should not be engaged in WIFOM, but be aware of it. WIFOM is manipulation, and town should be direct and transparent. When town is lies or is manipulative, it hurts town; you must have a good reason to do this, and you must be prepared to die for doing so.

To be honest, I misread my PM, and I thought I was the Serial Killer, which is why I said what I said; I was going for a TP lover gambit while allowing myself wiggle room for a dreamer or medium claim. The WIFOM is in regards to why I would say what I said, and you were wrong. As scum, I did say that, because scum wouldn't say that. I realized about halfway through DP1 that I was town, but I made my bed.
WIFOM is manipulation, and is not something town should actively engage in, because a townie's teammates do not know you are town, but mafia does.

It was gonna be a town WIFOM where I said something that would make them think I am a power role or a pgo/bomb which would have made them think
I bet fanfics are already being posted on random blogs about us.-Vaarka

Butters preformed his duty to the town and died with honor, he helped us kill scum, so we know have to go and make sure his death wasn't in vain and win this game for him.-lannan13

All hail the great and mighty Butters, who died for our inactive cause.-Vaarka

fuckith offith, lol.-Ore(talking to me)

And guess what happened to FT? He got raped to death.-Xlav

You are so obviously town I love you man.-VOT
Valkrin
Posts: 2,046
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2015 8:09:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Sorry for my inactivity this game, was really busy on the weekend when DP2 was. Sorry :(
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." - Vaarka
Vaarka
Posts: 7,608
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2015 3:17:59 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
2 Games in a row. Both times I died during the first night phase. Guess I got a first-hand experience of the struggles of DD.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2015 9:51:00 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Sign-ups for the next series will be posted tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...