Felt kind of like a Human Sized Hamster Ball

humanhamsterball
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2015 5:31:52 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
http://www.humanhamsterball.us...
However technically Human Hamster Ball is a brand rather than the actual activity " a sport that was invented by the owners of OGO in Rotorua, New Zealand who invited me along to get it ticked off my list!Incase you still dont know what it is imagine a downhill track, full of twists and turns, now put yourself in what can only be described as a human sized hamster ball and roll down it!Within seconds I"d slid of my feet and was being thrown around the sphere " it was like being in a human washing machine and I went backwards, forwards, sideways " I literally had no control over my bodily movements " it was hilariously good fun!Our second run mixed it up in two ways " instead of a straight run down the hill we were going to tackle the meandering slalom course but more amusingly instead of racing we were both going to head down the hill, in the same sphere"with even more water!Now I thought the single race was fun if slightly disorientating " but the tandem slalom course was another level of hilarious chaos!Within seconds of getting started (our guide kindly gave us a push start!) there were legs and arms everywhere and me and me and T were being thrown around, half drowning but in fits of giggles " it"s a hard experience to describe"

If you"ve got it on your bucket list go out there and try it out, if it isn"t o your bucket list " then pencil it in NOW!If you"re heading to New Zealand anytime soon and passing through Rotorua go hang out with the OGO Team and experience it all for yourself " its only a short bus ride from town and the whole thing takes less than an hour so it"s a great addition to your North Island itinerary!Two people climb into the huge vinyl balls and use the blower to inflate the balls around them as they zip themselves in. Then it's, Ready, Set, GO! as you run like crazy and race your opponent all while trying to keep your balance. Don't worry - they aren't air tight!My assumption is that many artists and creatives deal with similar emotions as they seek to create art. As silly as it sounds, just posting a blog online can bring a bit of self doubt, as you become vulnerable to the critique of others. Thoughts pop up like, "No one cares what you are trying to say" or "there are way more gifted people who can say this better".In these months of creating, I"ve felt kind of like a Human Sized Hamster Ball, spinning around the same 4 step cycle over and over again. The breakdown in the analogy is that the process is moving forward, unlike the wheels that stay stationary. Perhaps it"s more like being a hamster in one of those clear plastic balls.
Check out http://humanhamsterball.allmyblog.com... to get info on Human Hamster Ball.