Jump to topic:

Clash of Clans Mafia DP1

TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 4:39:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Because the sign up process was really lengthy, I am not going to wait for confirmations. I am going to hold players to their word that they will play since they signed up. If I have to replace players I will, though dead townies will be the first to be asked for replacement. Most all players in this game will have a different wording of their win condition, to prevent the ever so annoying debate that happens in these mafia games considering PM structure.
There are no flavored roles in this game, or hidden mechanics. Your role is what is says it is, and works how it says it works. Of course if you have questions, about mechanics of a role, I am always more than willing to answer.
There are no third party affiliations. This is a standard town vs scum game, as has been the case with my last few games.
I decided to change my mind about character justification. All roles will have some sort of character justification.

As you can see I am pretty open with game mechanic reveals, but this is the extent of the information I am willing to give about the game. Please be careful when asking questions about other players roles, and mechanics. I am not going to answer questions that could harm another players strategy in the game, so don't be offended if I don't answer all your questions.

Day phases will be 72 hours long as usual, night phases 48 hours. Once I close the day phase, please do not continue to talk. Votes are null at the exact minute the time limit expires, even if I am not active to update the vote count when it ends. Plurality lynching is not in effect. A player must reach the exact number of votes to be lynched.

Please remain civil in the Day Phases. Immaturity, name calling, insulting, and other derogatory behavior will be reviewed on a case by case scenario and I may remove you. Do not copy and paste your role. I will turn you into a third party survivor, and mod kill you. Please post at least 3x in a day phase, but definitely post much more than that. Not looking to have to replace people if I can help it.

1. Buttercat
2. Ford
3. wylted
4. VolassaBirdy
5. Solon
6. khaos
7. Sapphique
8. ER
9. Smithers
10. bsh1
11. Logic_On_Rails
12. Lucky
13. HPG
14. Buddamoose
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 4:49:37 PM
Whooo-weeee!!!

Look at that player list. Brings a tear to my eye.

Wylted, I don't think your crap will fly here.
Let's get a character from Wylted, and go from there.
My work here is, finally, done.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 5:45:32 PM
With 14 players, its takes 8 votes to complete a lynch. The Day Phase ends at 0930 11/24/15.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 5:50:52 PM
At 11/21/2015 5:45:32 PM, TUF wrote:
With 14 players, its takes 8 votes to complete a lynch. The Day Phase ends at 0930 11/24/15.

Is the DDO time, or Utah time (you still live in Utah?)?
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 5:58:07 PM
At 11/21/2015 5:50:52 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 11/21/2015 5:45:32 PM, TUF wrote:

Is the DDO time, or Utah time (you still live in Utah?)?

Aha! Great question, and good catch. Yes that is by Utah time. I normally go by Central time rather than MST, but I had a brain fart. Thanks khaos.

DP will end on 11/24/15 @ 1030 CT.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 6:15:35 PM
Hey. Just posting to say I won't be posting tonight, however oxymoronic that might sound. I am in Copenhagen, and I have a flight in the morning that I need to catch, and so sleep is of the utmost importance. I do not want to have a replay of the experience I had getting here, where I was exhausted the whole time, and unable to sleep on the plane -_-

I might not be online much tomorrow either, given that I will likely also want to sleep tomorrow after a long day. We'll see...For now, just hitting the add post button, responding to a few notifications, and then logging off.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 7:02:38 PM
At 11/21/2015 4:49:37 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Whooo-weeee!!!

Budda subscribes to Lynch All Liars right? So we should just immediately lynch Wylted to save time lol
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 7:04:16 PM
Vote: Solon

Who are your scum friends?
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 7:11:27 PM
At 11/21/2015 7:02:38 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
Whooo-weeee!!!

Budda subscribes to Lynch All Liars right? So we should just immediately lynch Wylted to save time lol

Um, uh, no, because then I'm next. LOL
ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 7:41:38 PM
At 11/21/2015 7:11:27 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 11/21/2015 7:02:38 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
Whooo-weeee!!!

Um, uh, no, because then I'm next. LOL

If that was how mafia worked, DDO mafia would have no good players and a lot of cop deaths, NP1
I bet fanfics are already being posted on random blogs about us.-Vaarka

Butters preformed his duty to the town and died with honor, he helped us kill scum, so we know have to go and make sure his death wasn't in vain and win this game for him.-lannan13

All hail the great and mighty Butters, who died for our inactive cause.-Vaarka

fuckith offith, lol.-Ore(talking to me)

And guess what happened to FT? He got raped to death.-Xlav

You are so obviously town I love you man.-VOT
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 8:44:07 PM
Nearly 2 years to the day since I last played a Mafia game. This will be interesting. First principles - lets get some info.

VTL Buttercat

Lets see how the cat evades pursuit.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 9:06:13 PM
At 11/21/2015 8:44:07 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
Nearly 2 years to the day since I last played a Mafia game. This will be interesting. First principles - lets get some info.

VTL Buttercat

lol, that's great. What do you want? soft claim? Soft character claim? A pound of butter in the shape of a cat?

Butters preformed his duty to the town and died with honor, he helped us kill scum, so we know have to go and make sure his death wasn't in vain and win this game for him.-lannan13

Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 9:32:57 PM
my character is a type of spell. Given Ford's soft claim of defensive structure, I'm thinking a town theme is not exactly going to be consistent. Or else it might, who knows. What type of character are you Logic?
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 9:36:08 PM
At 11/21/2015 9:06:13 PM, ButterCatX wrote:

VTL Buttercat

lol, that's great. What do you want? soft claim? Soft character claim? A pound of butter in the shape of a cat?

What is with the hostility?

Unvote
Vote: Butter
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 9:37:22 PM
At 11/21/2015 9:36:08 PM, headphonegut wrote:

VTL Buttercat

Unvote

TBH, Logic's post implies guilt unfairly, so the sarcastic jib is justified.
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 9:38:24 PM
At 11/21/2015 9:36:31 PM, SolonKR wrote:
Alright, Smith is probably town. That's good.
VTL Logic.

Aww Solon <3 I've missed you.

Unvote
VTL Solon

I don't remember you as the person who reached conclusions so easily though. Nice to know I'm town at any rate.
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 9:43:21 PM
At 11/21/2015 9:38:24 PM, Smithereens wrote:

Unvote
VTL Solon

I don't remember you as the person who reached conclusions so easily though. Nice to know I'm town at any rate.

You probably don't remember my 0% accuracy when it comes to scum reads, either, lol. I just came here to have a good time and I'm honestly feeling so attacked right now.
I'm a type of troop. I'll claim more if the pressure's high enough, I suppose.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 9:43:23 PM
At 11/21/2015 9:32:57 PM, Smithereens wrote:
my character is a type of spell. Given Ford's soft claim of defensive structure, I'm thinking a town theme is not exactly going to be consistent. Or else it might, who knows. What type of character are you Logic?

Trap.

I think you're right that the town theme won't be consistent. Based on TUF' comments about win conditions being worded differently in the OP, I think he wants to avoid easy role / character confirmation.

Anything game related to say Buttercat?
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 9:43:31 PM
At 11/21/2015 9:37:22 PM, Smithereens wrote:

VTL Buttercat

Unvote

TBH, Logic's post implies guilt unfairly, so the sarcastic jib is justified.

The chainsaw is real. My post does the same in regards to Solon. Fully cognizant of the fact that this is rvs the hostility is unecessary and looks bad to me. But let's let butter answer questions directed at butter. White knights are bleh imo.
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 9:46:56 PM
At 11/21/2015 9:43:21 PM, SolonKR wrote:
At 11/21/2015 9:38:24 PM, Smithereens wrote:

Unvote
VTL Solon

You probably don't remember my 0% accuracy when it comes to scum reads, either, lol. I just came here to have a good time and I'm honestly feeling so attacked right now.
I'm a type of troop. I'll claim more if the pressure's high enough, I suppose.

haha dw ;) save it for a CC later. What do you think of Logic and Butter? Specifically, how Logic links his post 22 to the game flow by moving from me to Butter in a passive aggressive style.
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 9:52:59 PM
At 11/21/2015 9:46:56 PM, Smithereens wrote:
haha dw ;) save it for a CC later.

Ty bbg <3

What do you think of Logic and Butter? Specifically, how Logic links his post 22 to the game flow by moving from me to Butter in a passive aggressive style.

I don't read that much into it. We're still in the RVS stage, after all. That's why my vote's on him; I don't see a reason to scum read anyone yet.
Butters is still relatively new to mafia, and IIRC, the sidetracking silly comments about butter and cats are the norm for him.
ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 9:56:05 PM

VTL Buttercat

Unvote

It was not hostility it was a light joke with a question about what info he wanted.

Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 9:58:21 PM
At 11/21/2015 9:52:59 PM, SolonKR wrote:
I don't read that much into it. We're still in the RVS stage, after all. That's why my vote's on him; I don't see a reason to scum read anyone yet.
Butters is still relatively new to mafia, and IIRC, the sidetracking silly comments about butter and cats are the norm for him.

Just cuz we're in RVS doesn't mean scum tells don't happen. I'm perfectly fine with Butter's reaction, that's in order. Logic idk, his first post deliberately and intentionally created the visage of guilt, which is only useful to do to someone when you want a lynch etc. HPG does it too, but HPG is inherently weird as an individual, Logic isn't.
ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 9:58:59 PM
At 11/21/2015 9:52:59 PM, SolonKR wrote:
At 11/21/2015 9:46:56 PM, Smithereens wrote:
haha dw ;) save it for a CC later.

Ty bbg <3

What do you think of Logic and Butter? Specifically, how Logic links his post 22 to the game flow by moving from me to Butter in a passive aggressive style.

I was hoping someone would ask for the butter shaped like a cat so I could find a picture of one :'(. And my posts on the first page are pretty much always goofing off posts and activity generators.

SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 10:00:47 PM
At 11/21/2015 9:58:21 PM, Smithereens wrote:
Just cuz we're in RVS doesn't mean scum tells don't happen . . . Logic idk, his first post deliberately and intentionally created the visage of guilt, which is only useful to do to someone when you want a lynch etc.

Could you explain in layman's terms how it created a visage of guilt? It looks like any other RVS to me.
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 10:03:53 PM
At 11/21/2015 9:56:05 PM, ButterCatX wrote:

VTL Buttercat

Unvote

It was not hostility it was a light joke with a question about what info he wanted.

Really? Smithereens thought it was a sarcastic jibe ( certainly meant gibe in this instance I'm sure) So I am not the only who interpreted your post as hostile.

To be clear you were not being sarcastic, it was a joke correct?