Jump to topic:

How do you play Mafia?

fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2015 2:42:21 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I don't get it. Can some of you people explain what Mafia is and how we can play?
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2015 3:04:18 AM
At 11/27/2015 2:42:21 AM, fire_wings wrote:
I don't get it. Can some of you people explain what Mafia is and how we can play?

Hello, welcome. Soon-ish a new beginners game is starting feel free to contact a user by the tag "bsh1". To enter the game.

Mafia is a game of logic and lies. Some might call it a social experiment. But I think everyone would agree that it is hella fun.

You have a group of people, town, the uninformed majority. And you have a much smaller group of people, mafia, the informed minority. Both factions are "talking" in a forum topic one is trying to sleuth; the other is trying to hide in plain sight. The town is attempting to find the mafia. Why? Because the mafia are slowly killing off the towns people.

Being reductive it is a murder mystery game. In the game their is a moderator to determine alliances/roles of the group of people that signed up to play the game and ensure fairness. A day phases and Night phase are also included. The day phase is to let everyone town and mafia mingle, talk, and most importantly determine who is going to be lynched/killed that day by voting a player off. A night phase is for actions, if you have one, to be sent to the moderator to resolve and most importantly it is when the mafia attempt to murder someone. The mafia will only knownif they were successful during the next day phase. A day phase in the game usually last about 2-3 days irl.

For example in a 9 player game there would usually be 7 towns people and 2 mafia members. When the day phase starts all 9 players are supposed to "talk" to eachother in a forum topic.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask.
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2015 4:32:59 AM
At 11/27/2015 3:04:18 AM, headphonegut wrote:

Hello, welcome. Soon-ish a new beginners game is starting feel free to contact a user by the tag "bsh1". To enter the game.

Mafia is a game of logic and lies. Some might call it a social experiment. But I think everyone would agree that it is hella fun.

You have a group of people, town, the uninformed majority. And you have a much smaller group of people, mafia, the informed minority. Both factions are "talking" in a forum topic one is trying to sleuth; the other is trying to hide in plain sight. The town is attempting to find the mafia. Why? Because the mafia are slowly killing off the towns people.

Being reductive it is a murder mystery game. In the game their is a moderator to determine alliances/roles of the group of people that signed up to play the game and ensure fairness. A day phases and Night phase are also included. The day phase is to let everyone town and mafia mingle, talk, and most importantly determine who is going to be lynched/killed that day by voting a player off. A night phase is for actions, if you have one, to be sent to the moderator to resolve and most importantly it is when the mafia attempt to murder someone. The mafia will only knownif they were successful during the next day phase. A day phase in the game usually last about 2-3 days irl.

For example in a 9 player game there would usually be 7 towns people and 2 mafia members. When the day phase starts all 9 players are supposed to "talk" to eachother in a forum topic.

Can you tell me what all the positions stand for?

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2015 5:20:32 AM
At 11/27/2015 4:32:59 AM, fire_wings wrote:

Positions?
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2015 5:30:23 AM
At 11/27/2015 5:20:32 AM, headphonegut wrote:

Positions?

Like hunters for an example.

headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2015 5:34:06 AM
At 11/27/2015 5:30:23 AM, fire_wings wrote:

Positions?

Hmmm. I'm not entirely sure what you are getting at. If you mean roles. There are a a lot of them. Like a cop that can investigate during the np or a doctor who can protect someone from the mafia. The best way to learn about the game is to sign up to play one.
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2015 5:35:21 AM
At 11/27/2015 5:34:06 AM, headphonegut wrote:

Positions?

Hmmm. I'm not entirely sure what you are getting at. If you mean roles. There are a a lot of them. Like a cop that can investigate during the np or a doctor who can protect someone from the mafia. The best way to learn about the game is to sign up to play one.

I did. What does A hunter do?

headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2015 5:40:52 AM
At 11/27/2015 5:35:21 AM, fire_wings wrote:
At 11/27/2015 5:34:06 AM, headphonegut wrote:

Positions?

I did. What does A hunter do?

Ohhh derp. if a hunter is lynched during the day phase the hunter gets to shoot someone from the list of available players.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2015 10:08:34 AM
At 11/27/2015 5:40:52 AM, headphonegut wrote:
Can you give me a schedule when you're a troll and when you're not a troll
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2015 10:10:06 AM
I suggest you start learning by signing up in the big boys game first. Don't listen to these plebs telling you to join the Beginners series. My first game was a big boys game and I did fine.
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2015 7:40:57 PM
At 11/27/2015 10:08:34 AM, XLAV wrote:
At 11/27/2015 5:40:52 AM, headphonegut wrote:
Can you give me a schedule when you're a troll and when you're not a troll

No idea what to say. Am curious on why you ask this. Mind telling?