Total Posts:127|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Beginners' Mafia 42.1: DP1 (Redo)

bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2015 10:52:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
THE DP SET UP

https://docs.google.com...

Harder will run the DP. I'll run the NP.

LIVING PLAYERS

Wylted
Proph
King
Vaar
Uther
Fire
Ford
Sashil
Saph

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.
The DP ends at 5:00pm, Central Time, on 12/1/15.


Good luck!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,684
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2015 11:01:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/29/2015 10:58:33 PM, Wylted wrote:
VTL Fire

You need a reason to lynch him first. For example, if you heard him the other day saying "What if our Supreme Leader isn't the most benevolent man on earth" or "I don't like the bread prices", then those are sure-fire ways to tell they're a counter-revolutionary.

That being said, the vote probably wont count unless you give a reason.
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2015 11:03:01 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
ATTENTION

A link to a google doc was provided in the inaugural post of this thread. Please read that thoroughly and carefully. It will give you lots of useful information. It contains rules and explanations of the game, and, if you don't read it, you will be left behind. Feel free to ask questions about how the game is played. Other players or we, the mods, can help answer those questions.

There are, however, some key topics I want to quickly address:

How to Start a Game? When the first thread of a game is posted, how do you get it rolling? There are a few ways to do this. One is RVSing, meaning that you randomly select someone and VTL them for a soft claim or claim. If enough people VTL the person selected, they will be pressured into giving players the requested information. Then, you can analyze not just this information, but the selected player's reaction to the pressure, and the voters reactions to the RVS bandwagon. Another way to start the game is simply by asking questions or volunteering information.

What is the Objective of the Game? Town's objective is to find out who the mafia are. A townie doesn't know who the other townies are, and so they need to figure that out through investigation in the DP, and through careful use of roles in the NP, and through the sharing of information from the NP in the DP. Once town believes it has found a mafioso, they can lynch this player. If town lynches all the mafia, town wins. Mafia, on the other hand, wants to survive until the game ends. Each night, the mafia, may select someone to NK ("Night Kill"). They may NK in addition to using other abilities. During the DP, mafia wants to blend in and appear townie so as to not get lynched. Mafiosos also know who the other mafiosos are, and they can communicate in a private PM to coordinate, but there are far fewer mafia than town. Once it is mathematically impossible for mafia to lose, they win. They win as a group, so even if only one of them survives to the end, they all win together; this is the same for town. If only a few townies are left when town wins, all of the town wins.

What is your Role for? Each of you received a role in your PMs. Your role is something like a Bulletproof, a Doctor, a Hunter, an Oracle, or a Vigilante. You also received a description of how your role works. You roles DO NOT have to impact how you have to behave in the DP (at least in this game), but they can be used after a DP ends. Some roles get information, some roles protect people, and so forth, so roles have a bunch of different purposes, and there are ways to put these purposes to use. Your job is to use your role, as described to you, to benefit your team as you think best.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2015 11:14:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/29/2015 11:01:10 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 11/29/2015 10:58:33 PM, Wylted wrote:
VTL Fire

You need a reason to lynch him first. For example, if you heard him the other day saying "What if our Supreme Leader isn't the most benevolent man on earth" or "I don't like the bread prices", then those are sure-fire ways to tell they're a counter-revolutionary.

That being said, the vote probably wont count unless you give a reason.

He called me over rated recently
UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,684
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2015 11:15:36 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/29/2015 11:14:35 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 11/29/2015 11:01:10 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 11/29/2015 10:58:33 PM, Wylted wrote:
VTL Fire

You need a reason to lynch him first. For example, if you heard him the other day saying "What if our Supreme Leader isn't the most benevolent man on earth" or "I don't like the bread prices", then those are sure-fire ways to tell they're a counter-revolutionary.

That being said, the vote probably wont count unless you give a reason.

He called me over rated recently

That sounds like a great reason! Why didn;t I think of that?! He's obviously a Mafia in disguise:

VTL Fire
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
KingofEverything
Posts: 590
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2015 11:22:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I agree.

VTL Fire
You're sweet. Thank you :) <3 -ESocial

I am sorry Debate.org -KingofEverything

You guys can stop the circlejerk started around the election. It stopped being funny faster than Mirza's anti-American rants. -Jonbonbon

It's like when the kid who makes an ugly sand castle on the beach goes and tries to kick down someone else's sand castle because he couldn't make one as good as that. -YYW
Sapphique
Posts: 4,119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2015 11:23:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/29/2015 11:01:10 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:

You need a reason to lynch him first. For example, if you heard him the other day saying "What if our Supreme Leader isn't the most benevolent man on earth" or "I don't like the bread prices", then those are sure-fire ways to tell they're a counter-revolutionary.

That being said, the vote probably wont count unless you give a reason.

It's RVS, Random Voting Stage. He doesn't *have* to have a reason, though it is customary to. The vote counts as long as it is properly formatted (VTL Playername, bolded, separate line)

VTL Uther

I tire of your counter-revolutionary fluff.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Sapphique
Posts: 4,119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2015 11:24:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I dislike how quickly the Fire wagon is building. He's already at L-2 and we haven't even gotten beyond the first page.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
KingofEverything
Posts: 590
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2015 11:28:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/29/2015 11:23:07 PM, Sapphique wrote:
At 11/29/2015 11:01:10 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:

You need a reason to lynch him first. For example, if you heard him the other day saying "What if our Supreme Leader isn't the most benevolent man on earth" or "I don't like the bread prices", then those are sure-fire ways to tell they're a counter-revolutionary.

That being said, the vote probably wont count unless you give a reason.

It's RVS, Random Voting Stage. He doesn't *have* to have a reason, though it is customary to. The vote counts as long as it is properly formatted (VTL Playername, bolded, separate line)

VTL Uther

I tire of your counter-revolutionary fluff.

But this was before. Can you show how he is still using counter revolutionary fluff?
You're sweet. Thank you :) <3 -ESocial

I am sorry Debate.org -KingofEverything

You guys can stop the circlejerk started around the election. It stopped being funny faster than Mirza's anti-American rants. -Jonbonbon

It's like when the kid who makes an ugly sand castle on the beach goes and tries to kick down someone else's sand castle because he couldn't make one as good as that. -YYW
Sapphique
Posts: 4,119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2015 11:29:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/29/2015 11:28:03 PM, KingofEverything wrote:
At 11/29/2015 11:23:07 PM, Sapphique wrote:
At 11/29/2015 11:01:10 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:

You need a reason to lynch him first. For example, if you heard him the other day saying "What if our Supreme Leader isn't the most benevolent man on earth" or "I don't like the bread prices", then those are sure-fire ways to tell they're a counter-revolutionary.

That being said, the vote probably wont count unless you give a reason.

It's RVS, Random Voting Stage. He doesn't *have* to have a reason, though it is customary to. The vote counts as long as it is properly formatted (VTL Playername, bolded, separate line)

VTL Uther

I tire of your counter-revolutionary fluff.

But this was before. Can you show how he is still using counter revolutionary fluff?

It's in the very post you quoted. "...those are sure-fire ways to tell they're a counter-revolutionary."
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2015 11:30:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/29/2015 11:23:07 PM, Sapphique wrote:
At 11/29/2015 11:01:10 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:

You need a reason to lynch him first. For example, if you heard him the other day saying "What if our Supreme Leader isn't the most benevolent man on earth" or "I don't like the bread prices", then those are sure-fire ways to tell they're a counter-revolutionary.

That being said, the vote probably wont count unless you give a reason.

It's RVS, Random Voting Stage. He doesn't *have* to have a reason, though it is customary to. The vote counts as long as it is properly formatted (VTL Playername, bolded, separate line)

VTL Uther

I tire of your counter-revolutionary fluff.

Well I do have a reason. I have less experience playing with fire than anyone else, so I'm assuming he'll be harder to read for me.
Sapphique
Posts: 4,119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2015 11:31:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
If Uther keeps acting like he did last time, I think I'll have issues reading him because of how over-the-top he is sometimes. King should be easy enough to sort, judging by last game, so I'm not too worried there. Wylted I always have issues reading.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2015 11:31:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Vote count:

Fire - (3/5) - Wylted, Uther, King
Uther - (1/5) - Saph
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Sapphique
Posts: 4,119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2015 11:32:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/29/2015 11:30:34 PM, Wylted wrote:

Well I do have a reason. I have less experience playing with fire than anyone else, so I'm assuming he'll be harder to read for me.

Okay. Any opinion on how Uther and King jumped on the wagon?
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2015 11:34:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Uther's revolutionary and counter-revolutionary thing makes me think of this: https://www.youtube.com...
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2015 11:36:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/29/2015 11:32:46 PM, Sapphique wrote:
At 11/29/2015 11:30:34 PM, Wylted wrote:

Well I do have a reason. I have less experience playing with fire than anyone else, so I'm assuming he'll be harder to read for me.

Okay. Any opinion on how Uther and King jumped on the wagon?

How else can we build pressure, if a few people don't lend support easily and readily? By the way, King is town. His lack of self consciousness, jumping on their says a lot
KingofEverything
Posts: 590
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2015 11:36:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Fire seems to act a bit aggressive as a mafia would.
You're sweet. Thank you :) <3 -ESocial

I am sorry Debate.org -KingofEverything

You guys can stop the circlejerk started around the election. It stopped being funny faster than Mirza's anti-American rants. -Jonbonbon

It's like when the kid who makes an ugly sand castle on the beach goes and tries to kick down someone else's sand castle because he couldn't make one as good as that. -YYW
UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,684
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2015 11:37:04 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/29/2015 11:32:46 PM, Sapphique wrote:
At 11/29/2015 11:30:34 PM, Wylted wrote:

Well I do have a reason. I have less experience playing with fire than anyone else, so I'm assuming he'll be harder to read for me.

Okay. Any opinion on how Uther and King jumped on the wagon?

Because we detected someone who was conspiring against the revolution
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
KingofEverything
Posts: 590
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2015 11:38:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/29/2015 11:37:04 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 11/29/2015 11:32:46 PM, Sapphique wrote:
At 11/29/2015 11:30:34 PM, Wylted wrote:

Well I do have a reason. I have less experience playing with fire than anyone else, so I'm assuming he'll be harder to read for me.

Okay. Any opinion on how Uther and King jumped on the wagon?

Because we detected someone who was conspiring against the revolution

Yes. Fire seems like the guy who would kill a townie. We cannot let this happen.
You're sweet. Thank you :) <3 -ESocial

I am sorry Debate.org -KingofEverything

You guys can stop the circlejerk started around the election. It stopped being funny faster than Mirza's anti-American rants. -Jonbonbon

It's like when the kid who makes an ugly sand castle on the beach goes and tries to kick down someone else's sand castle because he couldn't make one as good as that. -YYW
KingofEverything
Posts: 590
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2015 11:47:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/29/2015 11:14:35 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 11/29/2015 11:01:10 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 11/29/2015 10:58:33 PM, Wylted wrote:
VTL Fire

You need a reason to lynch him first. For example, if you heard him the other day saying "What if our Supreme Leader isn't the most benevolent man on earth" or "I don't like the bread prices", then those are sure-fire ways to tell they're a counter-revolutionary.

That being said, the vote probably wont count unless you give a reason.

He called me over rated recently

Do investigations on him if he starts posting. We will see if he is mafia or not.
You're sweet. Thank you :) <3 -ESocial

I am sorry Debate.org -KingofEverything

You guys can stop the circlejerk started around the election. It stopped being funny faster than Mirza's anti-American rants. -Jonbonbon

It's like when the kid who makes an ugly sand castle on the beach goes and tries to kick down someone else's sand castle because he couldn't make one as good as that. -YYW
UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,684
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2015 12:05:18 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/29/2015 11:47:10 PM, KingofEverything wrote:
At 11/29/2015 11:14:35 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 11/29/2015 11:01:10 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 11/29/2015 10:58:33 PM, Wylted wrote:
VTL Fire

You need a reason to lynch him first. For example, if you heard him the other day saying "What if our Supreme Leader isn't the most benevolent man on earth" or "I don't like the bread prices", then those are sure-fire ways to tell they're a counter-revolutionary.

That being said, the vote probably wont count unless you give a reason.

He called me over rated recently

Do investigations on him if he starts posting. We will see if he is mafia or not.

I heard him complaining about bread prices the other day. Sounds like a counter revolutionary.
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
KingofEverything
Posts: 590
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2015 12:12:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Alright fellow townies! Listen up. Prophett was Town. It is a good thing we didn't lynch him. Let's be more careful on who we lynch this time.
You're sweet. Thank you :) <3 -ESocial

I am sorry Debate.org -KingofEverything

You guys can stop the circlejerk started around the election. It stopped being funny faster than Mirza's anti-American rants. -Jonbonbon

It's like when the kid who makes an ugly sand castle on the beach goes and tries to kick down someone else's sand castle because he couldn't make one as good as that. -YYW
Vaarka
Posts: 7,639
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2015 12:21:53 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Just got here, but I'm currently busy with irl stuff right now. I might be more active a little later tonight (or tomorrow if need be).
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Vaarka
Posts: 7,639
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2015 12:36:06 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/29/2015 10:52:55 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Bsh, are the roles and whatnot the same as the last game, or has everything been changed/reset for the new game?
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Sapphique
Posts: 4,119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2015 1:30:40 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/29/2015 11:36:26 PM, KingofEverything wrote:
Fire seems to act a bit aggressive as a mafia would.

Please save this for when he actually posts -.-
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Sapphique
Posts: 4,119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2015 1:32:51 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/30/2015 12:36:06 AM, Vaarka wrote:

Bsh, are the roles and whatnot the same as the last game, or has everything been changed/reset for the new game?

Everything was re-randomized. Flips for the old one were given in a separate thread. I also asked specifically in my PM.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Sapphique
Posts: 4,119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2015 2:46:01 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
People should be posting more. Close to half the playerlist hasn't even posted yet.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Vaarka
Posts: 7,639
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2015 2:59:36 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/30/2015 2:46:01 AM, Sapphique wrote:
People should be posting more. Close to half the playerlist hasn't even posted yet.

The game just started. Give em some time...(but not too much time mind you ;P)
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Sapphique
Posts: 4,119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2015 3:01:27 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/30/2015 2:59:36 AM, Vaarka wrote:
The game just started. Give em some time...(but not too much time mind you ;P)

I just don't want this game (or any game, really) to die from inactivity :/

Since you're here. Anything you've noticed?
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch