Jump to topic:

Dungeons and Dragons Forum Game

Cobalt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2015 5:02:37 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Just wondering if anyone has seen D&D style dungeon crawling games played on the forums before. Does anyone have any experience with this or have any insight on the prospect on playing that type of game here?

It seems like it'd be an interesting style of forum gaming. I'm thinking the structure would be similar to Mafia, with character specific roles, Phase actions and limited information. The exception would be people would play against the game rather than against other players.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2015 1:26:05 PM
At 11/30/2015 5:02:37 AM, Cobalt wrote:
Just wondering if anyone has seen D&D style dungeon crawling games played on the forums before. Does anyone have any experience with this or have any insight on the prospect on playing that type of game here?

It seems like it'd be an interesting style of forum gaming. I'm thinking the structure would be similar to Mafia, with character specific roles, Phase actions and limited information. The exception would be people would play against the game rather than against other players.

I've played it, but I don't think it's been done on the forums before. I know there's been a few in PMs.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2015 1:49:27 PM
I've tried to play it, but there's always something in the way (which can include school, my parents, my schedule). Although I know the basics of playing, so if someone can actually pull off a D&D game forum, that'd be swell
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2015 4:40:55 AM
At 11/30/2015 1:49:27 PM, Vaarka wrote:
I've tried to play it, but there's always something in the way (which can include school, my parents, my schedule). Although I know the basics of playing, so if someone can actually pull off a D&D game forum, that'd be swell

We have an actual group that means on sunday
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2015 4:41:07 AM
At 11/30/2015 5:02:37 AM, Cobalt wrote:

we have an actual group that meets on sunday