lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2015 2:44:57 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
MAFIA WINS!!!
Mafia: Beginner, Vaarka, and Smithereens

Beginner- The Former King of the Crystal Empire who was vanquished by Princess Luna. You are King Sombra. You were a tyrant who all he cared about was the Crystals that he would send his entire enslaved Kingdom to go and mine them for him. Due to your utter and pure estate of evil you are the Godfather. You will appear to win with the mafia despite being affiliated with the mafia. You win with the Mafia.

Vaarka- I am Lord"Tierk. And I am here to take what was mine long ago. You are Lord Tierk a minotaur that has set out to take all the magic from Equestria and rule it with an Iron fist. Due to your ability to steal other"s magic you are the Role Stealer, once per game you may select one Pony and steal their role making it yours for the rest of the game. The one who"s role you stole will then become a vanilla. If a Third Party has their Role Stolen then you both die. You win with the Mafia.

Smithereens- Tonight, the night, that will last forever" You are Nightmare Moon. After a return from the Moon you have become more powerful than Princess Celestia to the point where you were able to seize control of Equestria. Your darkness is able to do whatever you choose it to do. Thus making you the Rolestopper. Once per night phase you may select a pony and they will be unable to be affected by any other non-lethal actions effectively making them ascetic. You also have a X1 shot Role Cop. You win with the Mafia

Town: Ore_Ele, HPG, Wylted, Valkrin, ValosaBirdy, EndarkenedRationalist, SolonKR, Cobalt.

Ore_Ele- Yay! You are Fluttershy, your Element of Harmony is that of Kindness and it is one of that your kindness rarely permits you to do anything to seem rude or threatening. When you want to be stern then you are with your Stare. With that you are the Pacifist and you will be unable to vote on someone who is at L1. Your vote will be on that person, but the vote count will appear as though there was no change in the vote count. You win with the town.

HPG- I can clear the sky in 10 seconds flat. You are RainbowDash. Your speed is so immeanse that you are able to break the speed of light via the Sonic Rainboom. It is this very speed that makes you the Tracker. Each night you may learn who the selected Pony visited, but not the actions they took. You win with the Town.

Wylted- What fun is there in making any sense? You are Discord, the Ruler of Chaos. You have the power to distort reality, making things seem to be out of the norm. Due to your Old Ballish ways and being having whiched from being Evil to good you are the Mastermind. If the mafia were to win, you and you alone would win in their place. Otherwise you win with the town.

Valkrin(Wylted2)- You are the Ruler of the Co-Crystal Empire, Princess Mi Amore Cadenza. During the Crystal Empire"s time for it"s greatest need you step in to protect it from King Sombra"s return. Your protection spell is the very thing that helped protect the Crystal Empire. Thus making you the doctor. Once per night phase you may select a Pony and they are hen protected from all lethal night actions though are still subseptible to non-lethal night action for the Night Phase. You win with the town.

ValosaBirdy- You are the leader of Ponyville, Mayor Mare. You have ran unopposed for mayor several times and the town loves you. A promotion maybe? You are the Governor, once per game, during the Day phase you may change a possible lynch to that of a lynch of no lynch. You win with the town.

EndarkenRationalist- You are one of Princess Celestia"s Royal Guards. It is your duty to protect Equestria from thieves and villians. Thus you are the Cop, once per night phase you may select one Pony and learn or his or her affilation. You win with the Town.

Colbalt- You are Princess Celestia. After the banishment of your sister to the Moon you were in charge of not only ruling Equestria, but you controlled both day and night. The whole Empire loves you thus making you the Beloved Princess. If you are lynched in the day phase then the next day phase is skipped. If you are killed in the night then the next night phase is skipped. You win with the town.

That1User (SolonKR)- You can trust me. You are AppleJack. Your Element of Harmony is that of Honesty. You are completely honest with your friends even if you have to use Tact at times. With that you are the Lie Detector. Once per night phase you may select one Post in the Day Phase and learn whether or not it is the truth. You win with the town

[Hidden: If Discord is still alive then you are paranoid.]

3rd Place The Cult: Khaos_Mage, Butters

Khaos_Mage- You are Queen Chrysalis. You are the Queen of the Changlings who feed off of Love and here in Equestria there"s enough love to last generations. You are the Cult Leader, each night phase you may recruit one Pony into your Cult. As a result they will have both their role and their character stripped from them and become a Changeling whose role is a vanilla. They will also join your PM. When you die all of the Changelings die. You will die if you attempt to convert a mafia player. Queen Chrysalis wins the game once they hold the majority of Ponies.

[Hidden: If Discord is still alive then you can only recruit on the even Night Phases]

Butters- Dear Princess Celestia I learned something today. You are Princess Twilight Sparkle. Newly crowned princess and alicorn your Element of Harmony is that of Friendship. Throughout your many journeys you have gone on several adventures and done many things and in doing so you have acquired many items. Thus making you the Jack of all Trades once per night phase you may select one of the bellow items to use on another player. Some may do nothing and others may do something, though you currently do not know. You win with the town.
-Smarty Pants [Redirects person's actions to you]
-Muffin [Alerts person you visited them]
-Twi Cane [X1 Doc]
-Element of Harmony Friendship Tiara [Makes player Bullet Proof next Night Phase]
-Ticket to the Grand Gala [Jailkeep X1]
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2015 2:55:35 AM
MVP: This was a toss up between Colbalt and Smithereens. I have to give this one to Cobalt. Not only did he exceed my expectations, but he stepped up further than that. I quite enjoyed that even though he was drunk he played his heart out and bread crumbed his character and did several key things. He even caught Butters misdirected claim. His contribution was well above what I thought he was going to provide as not only that, but he was dead-on with many things. I have to admit that he's smarter than he looks.

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2015 2:57:58 AM
I called Beginner as scum, and I knew Smithers was.
It's a good thing you NK'd me, because I was going to win.
My work here is, finally, done.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2015 3:07:44 AM
Some Notes:

So for the first Day Phase Khaos breadcrumbed so hard that there was a TP and went as far to practically go with his cult. He was obviously out of character from his usual game play which if Wylted wasn't Wylted then I'm almost sure Khaos would have been lynched from his game play alone. Khaos also claimed his actual character.

Fake claiming and such in this game was hilarious. Khaos actually fake claimed one I gave to the mafia. Which brought up the whole Fake claim debate. There was also Butters misreading his Role PM and led him to claiming Princess Celestia which of course was Cobalt. He also did some amazing breadcrumbing at that point.

This is the 3rd game in which someone as mafia or TP has actually claimed claim their character. I found that as interesting.

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2015 3:08:23 AM
At 12/3/2015 2:59:24 AM, Wylted wrote:
Who did Mafia kill last night phase?

Why the Fvck did I compromise and kill Solon?

You were Role Stopped.

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2015 3:34:16 AM
I'd have to say, considering this was my second time ever being mafia, I enjoyed it.

There was on error though that kind of messed us up a little. After role-stealing V-bird, lannan didn't exactly tell me how to use it. With me being absent at the time of lynch, and not activating it like I would have had to if he had told us, he said I was guilty, which really added a lot of new posts to the PM. The way it was supposed to work was I survived, and was either ignored, or something else. Either way, I wasn't supposed to be shown as guilty yet. So all I really managed to do after that was waste two DP's (although one of them wasn't exactly wasted...because you were killing a mafia...you know what I mean.)

I'd also like to proudly present this:
"You will appear to win with the mafia despite being affiliated with the mafia." -lannan
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2015 3:36:21 AM
At 12/3/2015 3:07:44 AM, lannan13 wrote:
Some Notes:

So for the first Day Phase Khaos breadcrumbed so hard that there was a TP and went as far to practically go with his cult. He was obviously out of character from his usual game play which if Wylted wasn't Wylted then I'm almost sure Khaos would have been lynched from his game play alone. Khaos also claimed his actual character.

Fake claiming and such in this game was hilarious. Khaos actually fake claimed one I gave to the mafia. Which brought up the whole Fake claim debate. There was also Butters misreading his Role PM and led him to claiming Princess Celestia which of course was Cobalt. He also did some amazing breadcrumbing at that point.
When Khaos claimed miller for Queen Chrysalis, that actually really confused me. Her being a miller literally made no sense. Like I said, someone like Discord would make more sense in my opinion...
Also, Pinkie Pie should've been the jack of all trades XD (that or the oracle...six sense stuff you know that thing....dear god I give up trying).

This is the 3rd game in which someone as mafia or TP has actually claimed claim their character. I found that as interesting.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2015 4:36:26 AM
At 12/3/2015 3:36:21 AM, Vaarka wrote:
Some Notes:

When Khaos claimed miller for Queen Chrysalis, that actually really confused me. Her being a miller literally made no sense. Like I said, someone like Discord would make more sense in my opinion...
Also, Pinkie Pie should've been the jack of all trades XD (that or the oracle...six sense stuff you know that thing....dear god I give up trying).

It can make sense, but of course, I don't know the theme as TP, do I?
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2015 4:42:38 AM
Some Notes:

How did I breadcrumb TP?
And, I was clearly playing to my town element. After all, I needed to eliminate mafia to stay alive.

And, I'm sure you know this, but this game was horribly unbalanced. Town had almost zero chance of winning. And those hidden flavors are bastard modding as far as I'm concerned.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2015 4:50:45 AM
As for me, I totally messed up, and had to claim my character.
Oh, wait, I probably didn't, because I doubt anyone would have picked up on my hyperaggression on V-bird.

I misread my character, and worse, misread my role. I didn't realize character names were stripped. Of course, given my hidden flavor, I wouldn't have gotten to use that aid, since I would have had to not have claimed, and targeted someone else who hadn't NP2.

Plus, since mafia knew there was a TP, that really hurt my ability period. Mafia could target players they thought were laying low. By DP2, they already narrowed down TP to half the player pool, KNOWING there is one. As I write this, I am now realizing this was stacked against me, too. Of course, I did more damage to myself. Come NP1, I decided to waive since my best bet was to play it as survivor until the very end.

But, you know, thanks V-bird for giving me the chance to win.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2015 4:52:15 AM
HAHAHAHA!!!!
I totally called Cobalt's role, though, and, thus, my soft claim CC theory wasn't too far off, was it?
Cobalt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2015 8:01:19 AM
Yaaaay MVP. Teeears, town loss. Well played by Beginner, from my perspective. I was beginning to question Smithers at the end (I thought it might have been him and Wylted), but I never doubted for even a moment that Beginner was town. Even if Solon had been active, I still would have been really hesitant to lynch Beginner.

Good game, all. Looking forward to Pokemon.
ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2015 11:07:28 AM
I was town for two DPs then was recruited into the cult. Then Khaos screwed us over
I bet fanfics are already being posted on random blogs about us.-Vaarka

Butters preformed his duty to the town and died with honor, he helped us kill scum, so we know have to go and make sure his death wasn't in vain and win this game for him.-lannan13

All hail the great and mighty Butters, who died for our inactive cause.-Vaarka

fuckith offith, lol.-Ore(talking to me)

And guess what happened to FT? He got raped to death.-Xlav

You are so obviously town I love you man.-VOT
ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2015 11:07:50 AM
At 12/3/2015 11:07:28 AM, ButterCatX wrote:
I was town for two DPs then was recruited into the cult. Then Khaos screwed us over

Jk, he just got us both killed

Butters preformed his duty to the town and died with honor, he helped us kill scum, so we know have to go and make sure his death wasn't in vain and win this game for him.-lannan13

Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2015 11:30:50 AM
At 12/3/2015 11:07:50 AM, ButterCatX wrote:

He didn't have a choice. We selected our targets based on the strength of their reads, since we knew the doctor would attempt to save either himself or the most useful role. Khaos had some more accurate reads at the end, so we off'd him and killed the cult accidently and his reads along with it.

And town was none the wiser ;)
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2015 12:49:41 PM
At 12/3/2015 11:30:50 AM, Smithereens wrote:

He didn't have a choice. We selected our targets based on the strength of their reads, since we knew the doctor would attempt to save either himself or the most useful role. Khaos had some more accurate reads at the end, so we off'd him and killed the cult accidently and his reads along with it.

The cult can be a very useful tool for mafia. If the cult grows then mafia kills the leader, then they will get multiple kills in one shot.

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2015 12:59:40 PM
At 12/3/2015 4:50:45 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Oh, wait, I probably didn't, because I doubt anyone would have picked up on my hyperaggression on V-bird.

I misread my character, and worse, misread my role. I didn't realize character names were stripped. Of course, given my hidden flavor, I wouldn't have gotten to use that aid, since I would have had to not have claimed, and targeted someone else who hadn't NP2.

Plus, since mafia knew there was a TP, that really hurt my ability period. Mafia could target players they thought were laying low. By DP2, they already narrowed down TP to half the player pool, KNOWING there is one. As I write this, I am now realizing this was stacked against me, too. Of course, I did more damage to myself. Come NP1, I decided to waive since my best bet was to play it as survivor until the very end.
Actually, I don't recall being told there was a third party. All we knew was if there was a TP, and I tried to steal their role, I'd die (maybe we'd both die).

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2015 1:09:12 PM
In all honesty, how did I do as mafia? It was my second time...ever, and I can link the other game where I was mafia. I know I did a much better job this time, but how did I do in general?

And no, I wasn't inactive on purpose. I was actually camping, and due to scheduling, my family came over for Thanksgiving over that weekend, so I was unavailable to post. I thought I told you guys I might not be able to post for the rest of the DP. Oh and my DDO freezing up...that was real. I was even complaining in the PM about it because only the forums would freeze.

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2015 1:11:43 PM
At 12/3/2015 1:09:12 PM, Vaarka wrote:
In all honesty, how did I do as mafia? It was my second time...ever, and I can link the other game where I was mafia. I know I did a much better job this time, but how did I do in general?

And no, I wasn't inactive on purpose. I was actually camping, and due to scheduling, my family came over for Thanksgiving over that weekend, so I was unavailable to post. I thought I told you guys I might not be able to post for the rest of the DP. Oh and my DDO freezing up...that was real. I was even complaining in the PM about it because only the forums would freeze.

My first time mafia (and second game ever :D) http://www.debate.org...

Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2015 1:53:22 PM
At 12/3/2015 12:49:41 PM, ButterCatX wrote:
At 12/3/2015 11:30:50 AM, Smithereens wrote:

The cult can be a very useful tool for mafia. If the cult grows then mafia kills the leader, then they will get multiple kills in one shot.

Cult is the single biggest threat to mafia, irregardless of the fact that the death of the leader kills all the cult, every day that the cult is alive means mafia is much closer to losing. Mafia have no way to gauge how many cultists there are in the game, so once a cultist becomes apparent, mafia need to take every effort to eliminate them asap.
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2015 1:55:07 PM
At 12/3/2015 4:50:45 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

We thought Endark was the TP until his cop claim. And then there was nobody else to shoot other than you lol.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2015 4:23:42 PM
At 12/3/2015 2:57:58 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
I called Beginner as scum, and I knew Smithers was.
It's a good thing you NK'd me, because I was going to win.

I couldn't get Smithers lynched, what makes you think these people would've listened to you any better.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2015 4:25:21 PM
Nobody listened to me with Khaos or Smithereens. Two people I was pushing hard. What the Fvck is your problems, and why is nobody listening to me?
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 1:33:58 AM
At 12/3/2015 4:25:21 PM, Wylted wrote:
Nobody listened to me with Khaos or Smithereens. Two people I was pushing hard. What the Fvck is your problems, and why is nobody listening to me?

Except you were wrong about me. I was playing town. And, that post was, by your own admission, scummy. It is why you posted it.

Why would TP not want to lynch scum DP1 and try to be protected and be immune to cop investigation?
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 1:40:37 AM

You didn't have enough town trust. If it came down to a lynch of you vs me, you'd get lynched because you claimed the doc but failed to save anyone, but I was role locking a player. Therefore the most likely town in the pair would be me. Town attitude in the final Dp reflected this pretty well.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 1:42:31 AM
At 12/4/2015 1:40:37 AM, Smithereens wrote:

You didn't have enough town trust. If it came down to a lynch of you vs me, you'd get lynched because you claimed the doc but failed to save anyone, but I was role locking a player. Therefore the most likely town in the pair would be me. Town attitude in the final Dp reflected this pretty well.

Because I was gone LOL
I was going to make a case against you in my final DP, but I wanted to make sure you didn't NK me. (worked out great for me, huh)
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 1:46:12 AM
At 12/4/2015 1:42:31 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 12/4/2015 1:40:37 AM, Smithereens wrote:

Because I was gone LOL
I was going to make a case against you in my final DP, but I wanted to make sure you didn't NK me. (worked out great for me, huh)

Pssh indeed. On this site it's considered pro-town to reveal all your reads all the time, so if I'm mafia often enough I hope to change that. Revealing your reads is the only measure of what I use for Nk's. Screw roles, the player with the most accurate reads needs to die. Luckily for mafia on DDO, even if it's announced that the mafia are targeting players with good reads, town will still erroneously believe they are killing the good roles, so it's quite easy to be scum here.