Jump to topic:

WitchHunters:Mafia [Signups]

Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 11:55:48 AM
Posted: 12 months ago
Introducing a themeless set up I modded with another online mafia community. It was so ruthless and fun I just had to play it here. Each player will be a key element of each part of the story and mod information will be released via story telling as opposed to listing etc. Information you require to progress the game will not be ambiguous. All other information you would otherwise be entitled to will be within the stories.

The Malhurst Tragedy...
"Fair citizens of Malhurst!" Cried the Mayor in the public square.
"A most evil of treacheries has infiltrated our beloved homes! A morally debased entity has been revealed to our beloved high priest. He has divined the presence of several individuals possessed with malignant intent. They conspire to slay us all I say!"
Murmurs rippled through the open square. Nervous glances shot between groups of villages and an uneasy tension settled across the gathering.
"But we are prepared!" Shouted the mayor with resolution.
"Tonight, at sunset, we shall burn the accused with purifying fire!" The mayor looked to the high priest, a mysterious enthusiasm glinting in his eyes. The priest nodded, looking towards the heavens as if asking for a sign.
"That fire shall purge those unholy demons!!"
The town looked towards their mayor with a mixture of fear and awe. The morning breeze buffeted the sails and stands where the villages bought and sold their produce. Whispers of interest and curiosity wafted through the crowds, the nature of their reality still not occurring to them.
"How will we know if we purged a guilty soul?" Asked one of the elders. The villagers looked towards the elder who had spoken. Wise, and advanced in years, his advice to the mayor had proven invaluable throughout the many hard years that Malhurst endured.
The mayor looked over towards the priest. "The screams of the demon being exorcised will confirm our suspicions." The priest said. "Also, while I live, I will know immediately what the true identity of the villager was should they be consumed by my holy fires.
The elder nodded. "Is there anyone above suspicion?" He poised to the Mayor.
The Mayor hesitated, searching the eyes of the now silent and apprehensive townsfolk.
"No." He said. "No one can be trusted."
The nervous chatter of the townsfold picked up into a raucous tumult, the thought of subjection to execution via fire at the front of everyone's mind.
"Rest assured!" Called the mayor, struggling for control over the crowd. "Rest assured that we will burn only those who work against us. Rest in peace knowing that we will win this war."

Signups:
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 12:14:46 PM
/in I am very bad with these sort if games.
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
EvangilisticOmega
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 7:29:54 PM
At 12/7/2015 7:20:19 PM, Smithereens wrote:
At 12/7/2015 5:10:38 PM, EvangilisticOmega wrote:
Meh /in

Haven't seen you around before. What is your mafia experience?

First internet game of mafia. I've played a variation of it using cards but it was much less complicated. Just decided to try it it, you know, see whats up.
EvangelisticOmega

Words are nothing without action.
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 8:24:32 PM
Decisions, decisions... I don't know if I've recovered from my Mafia burnout, but on the other hand, Code Geass Mafia was my favorite thing ever...

I'll think about it.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 8:27:50 PM
At 12/7/2015 7:29:54 PM, EvangilisticOmega wrote:
Meh /in

First internet game of mafia. I've played a variation of it using cards but it was much less complicated. Just decided to try it it, you know, see whats up.

We have a game queue for new players run by Bsh1. You have to play there before you join the mainstream games. I'll take of you off this list since this isn't a newbie game. When the next newbie game begins jump straight in ;)
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 8:30:14 PM
At 12/7/2015 8:24:32 PM, SolonKR wrote:
Decisions, decisions... I don't know if I've recovered from my Mafia burnout, but on the other hand, Code Geass Mafia was my favorite thing ever...

I'll think about it.

Haha, no pressure. If you would rather co-mod I'm going to be in need of one of those too :P
breakingamber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 8:32:49 PM
/in
MAY THE WRATH OF THE MODS BE UPON YOU!
- Master Elodin

"When will [Obliteration] learn that Funtimes' plan of saving/destroying the world with pancakes is the only way? "
"She wouldn't even have to make real pancakes! Just the batter, and Obliteration could cook it with his powers! OBLITERATION, YOU'RE WASTING YOUR TALENTS"
- Voidus and TwiLyghtSansSparkles

"An Epic stage magician and a zombie dinosaur? She sure as Braize won"t pull the line there!"
- Edgedancer
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 8:34:20 PM
At 12/7/2015 8:28:22 PM, Smithereens wrote:
Signups:
1. HPG
2. FT
3. TUF
4. UtherPenguin
5. Romanii

I'm gonna give mafia another go. Will try to be more active this time.
EvangilisticOmega
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 8:35:01 PM
At 12/7/2015 8:27:50 PM, Smithereens wrote:
Meh /in

We have a game queue for new players run by Bsh1. You have to play there before you join the mainstream games. I'll take of you off this list since this isn't a newbie game. When the next newbie game begins jump straight in ;)

Ok, is it needed? I have played internet games before just not on DDO. If not it's all good.
EvangelisticOmega

Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 8:36:08 PM
At 12/7/2015 8:35:01 PM, EvangilisticOmega wrote:
Meh /in

Ok, is it needed? I have played internet games before just not on DDO. If not it's all good.

You can skip the newbie games if I deem your experience to be high enough. Where did you play? Could you link me?
EvangilisticOmega
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 8:47:07 PM
At 12/7/2015 8:36:08 PM, Smithereens wrote:
At 12/7/2015 8:35:01 PM, EvangilisticOmega wrote:
Meh /in

You can skip the newbie games if I deem your experience to be high enough. Where did you play? Could you link me?

Oh shoot, it was a long time ago, I'll just join a newbie game for a refresher. Thanks for the help!
EvangelisticOmega

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 8:47:32 PM
/in

Never done something like this before; sounds fun ^.^
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 9:07:42 PM
Maybe, contact me when the signups are closer to being filled.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 9:29:17 PM
At 12/7/2015 8:30:14 PM, Smithereens wrote:
Haha, no pressure. If you would rather co-mod I'm going to be in need of one of those too :P

YES.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 10:16:34 PM
At 12/7/2015 8:47:32 PM, Sapphique wrote:
/in

You'll be super duper active right?? :D
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 10:19:23 PM
At 12/7/2015 10:16:34 PM, Smithereens wrote:
At 12/7/2015 8:47:32 PM, Sapphique wrote:
/in

You'll be super duper active right?? :D

Sigh. I'll do my best. I never know exactly how active I'll be able to be during a game, with the result that I usually either commit nearly 100% or close to 0% regardless of alignment. My previous games have shown this as well >.<
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 10:33:56 PM
Signups:
1. HPG
2. FT
3. TUF
4. UtherPenguin
5. Breakingamber
6. Romanii
7. Saphiqque
8. SeventhProfessor
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
breakingamber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2015 1:54:56 AM
Bump again.
MAY THE WRATH OF THE MODS BE UPON YOU!
- Master Elodin

"When will [Obliteration] learn that Funtimes' plan of saving/destroying the world with pancakes is the only way? "
"She wouldn't even have to make real pancakes! Just the batter, and Obliteration could cook it with his powers! OBLITERATION, YOU'RE WASTING YOUR TALENTS"
- Voidus and TwiLyghtSansSparkles

"An Epic stage magician and a zombie dinosaur? She sure as Braize won"t pull the line there!"
- Edgedancer
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2015 7:08:50 AM
At 12/8/2015 6:51:23 AM, XLAV wrote:
/in

Signups:
1. HPG
2. FT
3. TUF
4. UtherPenguin
5. Breakingamber
6. Sapphiqque
7. SeventhProfessor
8. XLAV

Hey XLAV, haven't played with you in a long while :)