Total Posts:136|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Clash of Clans DP 5

TUF
Posts: 21,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 8:01:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Dead players

Budda- ??? - ??? - ??? (Died np1)

ER(1)- Air sweeper -Miller - Town (Died dp2)

Lucky- Godson- Politician- Mafia (lynched dp2)

Wylted- Golem- Bodyguard- Town (Killed NP3)

buttercat- You are GoWiPe, an attack strategy utilizing Golems, Wizards, and Pekka's to hit a base's core. While this attack's effectiveness is mostly useful at Town Hall 8, you are surprisingly the most popular attack strategy in the game. Most Town Hall 9 players still use this you as a strategy even though it makes little sense to use this war attack over 3 star strategies at that level in the game. You are the popular townie. You take one extra vote to lynch. You win with the Town. (Killed NP4)

Living players

1. ER2 (Ford)
2. valossa
3. Bullish (Solon)
4. khaos
5. sapphique
6. smithers
7. bsh1
8. logic
9. HPG

With 9 players remaining it takes 5 votes to make a lynch.

DP ends on 12/13/15 @ 1400 cst (2:00 PM).


Plurality lynching is officially in effect.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 8:11:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Just saw this come up. Very quickly before I go to work.

Smithers visisted ER. So, presumably ER was roleblocked. That means Bsh should have results today.

Since we have a new DP and plurality lynching is in effect, there's no reason to rush and lynch. I don't want us to get straight down to lynching Sapp or ER - that would be a waste of a DP, and they surely aren't everybody's strongest scum-read.

Interesting pro-town move by ER to back off and unvote Sapp at DP's end yesterday. He could easily have let Butters blindly jump on the wagon and kill Sapp, but chose not to. His caution was definitely not a Mafia move, since it seems unlikely (though not impossible) that Sapp and ER are both Mafia. And if ER were Mafia and Sapp town, Sapp's death would have been a great boon.

Butters is a curious kill choice given plurality lynching was in effect. Will have to think about it.

Since its DP 5, I think its justified that Bullish claim. VTL Bullish. In the meanwhile, I want Bsh to give his results, since we know he got them.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 8:41:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Killing butter was maybe a bad move. A popular does not really matter as it mecahnically only extends the day. Butters was just dead weight.

VTL LogicOnRails

Implied endark was town because he backed of sapph. How is this a town move? We do not know saphs alignment. Are you [logic] telling us you know something we don't? It is certainly heavily implied.

Endark unvoted saph
Endark is town because of the unvote.

Why is he town; unless you know he is voting a townie?

A lynch is far more superior than a no lynch. It tells us many things and we can in good faith analyze the vote count. This is mostly an extension of logic falling silent through out the game.
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 8:47:42 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2015 8:01:08 PM, TUF wrote:
Dead players

Budda- ??? - ??? - ??? (Died np1)

ER(1)- Air sweeper -Miller - Town (Died dp2)

Lucky- Godson- Politician- Mafia (lynched dp2)

Wylted- Golem- Bodyguard- Town (Killed NP3)

buttercat- You are GoWiPe, an attack strategy utilizing Golems, Wizards, and Pekka's to hit a base's core. While this attack's effectiveness is mostly useful at Town Hall 8, you are surprisingly the most popular attack strategy in the game. Most Town Hall 9 players still use this you as a strategy even though it makes little sense to use this war attack over 3 star strategies at that level in the game. You are the popular townie. You take one extra vote to lynch. You win with the Town. (Killed NP4)

Living players

1. ER2 (Ford)
2. valossa
3. Bullish (Solon)
4. khaos
5. sapphique
6. smithers
7. bsh1
8. logic
9. HPG

With 9 players remaining it takes 5 votes to make a lynch.

DP ends on 12/13/15 @ 1400 cst (2:00 PM).


Plurality lynching is officially in effect.

@mod If a plurality lynch is in effect you cannot have a majority lynch in effect. You must choose one

A plurality lynch implies we can all vote someone and not have them die until the day ends.
Having two types of lynchings in effect is both contradictory to the game state as it requires vastly different playstyle and a change in playstyle imho I request that you pick one.
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
TUF
Posts: 21,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 8:56:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2015 8:47:42 PM, headphonegut wrote:
At 12/10/2015 8:01:08 PM, TUF wrote:
Dead players

Budda- ??? - ??? - ??? (Died np1)

ER(1)- Air sweeper -Miller - Town (Died dp2)

Lucky- Godson- Politician- Mafia (lynched dp2)

Wylted- Golem- Bodyguard- Town (Killed NP3)

buttercat- You are GoWiPe, an attack strategy utilizing Golems, Wizards, and Pekka's to hit a base's core. While this attack's effectiveness is mostly useful at Town Hall 8, you are surprisingly the most popular attack strategy in the game. Most Town Hall 9 players still use this you as a strategy even though it makes little sense to use this war attack over 3 star strategies at that level in the game. You are the popular townie. You take one extra vote to lynch. You win with the Town. (Killed NP4)

Living players

1. ER2 (Ford)
2. valossa
3. Bullish (Solon)
4. khaos
5. sapphique
6. smithers
7. bsh1
8. logic
9. HPG

With 9 players remaining it takes 5 votes to make a lynch.

DP ends on 12/13/15 @ 1400 cst (2:00 PM).


Plurality lynching is officially in effect.

@mod If a plurality lynch is in effect you cannot have a majority lynch in effect. You must choose one

A plurality lynch implies we can all vote someone and not have them die until the day ends.
Having two types of lynchings in effect is both contradictory to the game state as it requires vastly different playstyle and a change in playstyle imho I request that you pick one.

This is not my understanding of plurality lynching. Maybe you have played in a game where it worked that way, that is not how I do plurality lynching.

The way plurality lynching works (how I understand it), is that a majority vote can be reached at any time in the DP. The plurality rule only becomes effective if the time limit expires. At that point the person with the most votes at the end of the phase dies. Even if that isn't how it's supposed to work (I think it is), that is how it had to work mechanically in this game based on some of the roles implemented (both players are dead, so I can mention lucky and butter).
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 9:09:01 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Ahhhh, how does it go? deontological proof that they're two different types of lynching systems: it's in the name.

I don't mind the rule of whomever has most votes dies. I was just very confused because you said two lynching systems were in effect. I was like all of my whut.

A majority lynch is achieved when a certain number of people vote x

A plurality lynch is achieved at the end of a day phase irregardless of the number of votes. The leading wagon will determine death ergo people scramble for compromise and last minute vote hops.
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
Sapphique
Posts: 4,119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 9:38:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I have a concert tonight so I need to go soon. I also think I have too many townreads, which I need to fix.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 9:39:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2015 9:38:02 PM, Sapphique wrote:
I have a concert tonight so I need to go soon. I also think I have too many townreads, which I need to fix.

There is no way anything relevant in that sentence was true.
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
ValosaBirdy
Posts: 1,184
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 10:04:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Let's pick up where we ended, Why were you voting for the person you were voting for?
I was voting so we wouldn't have a no lynch
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 10:12:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2015 10:04:32 PM, ValosaBirdy wrote:
Let's pick up where we ended, Why were you voting for the person you were voting for?
I was voting so we wouldn't have a no lynch

I know you're trying to help, but please do not make a post like this ever again.

It is distracting as everyone will clearly pick up where we left off and it is not productive as the posts that will maybe follow it will be filler and not game progressing.
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 11:20:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Result: Khaos Visited Butters.

VTL Khaos.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 11:42:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Quick post. Please read.

1. I have my flight back to the States tomorrow. I will drive to Munich, fly to London, wait at London, and then fly to Dulles, and drive home. This whole process will give me limited access to wi-fi for the next 24 to 36 hours. I will be as active as possible, but no promises. If need be, I can take pics of my boarding passes to confirm.

2. I chose Butters because I felt that he would be the most likely NK. Mafia likely though I'd watch HPG, because he was pretty much confirmed town. However, as only a 2x Cop who used both his shots, he had also lost a lot of his town utility, and Butters was also firm town in my mind, who still had utility. Mafia wants to get rid of townies with usefulness to town, esp. townies that are hard to mislynch for being popular and townread. ER, Saph, myself, Smither, Bullish, Valo, and Logic either all do not post much, are off our game, and/or are potential mislynch targets. It makes little sense to kill us...Logic, as a claimed tracker, could've been a target, but I felt that mafia would more likely pursue a solid townread over someone whose results and affiliation could be questioned. Butters was, in my mind, the obvious person to watch.

3. Khaos is obviously not the Seraph Knight. So, Smithereens probably did block the NK, which makes me townread him. It is also likely that Khaos is godfather; if he isn't, I will be suspicious of HPG.

Now is the time when you need to either trust my results, and lynch the person who visited the NK, or you don't. You cannot explain away the NK by a ninja, because, as a Seraph Knight, Khaos should not have been able to visit anyone. Look at Khaos's illogic last DP; he pushed a lynch on me for dumb reasons, and pushed a lynch on Smithers as well, probably because he was worried about Smithers stopping the NK. So, can we please lynch Khaos?

--Off for the Night--
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 11:43:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2015 11:27:29 PM, headphonegut wrote:
Finally something.

VTL Khaos

You FOS'd me last DP and got a inno on Khaos...why are you voting him? Just curious...

'Night!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 11:47:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Also, Logic should give his results.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 11:52:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2015 11:43:11 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 12/10/2015 11:27:29 PM, headphonegut wrote:
Finally something.

VTL Khaos

You FOS'd me last DP and got a inno on Khaos...why are you voting him? Just curious...

'Night!

Because their is nine players and I have no problem with him dying as he has expressed a general lack of interest and that he isn't gonna vote. I say kill the fvcker. This is perfect. He flips inno we kill you no problem.

4-3 by my count if there are really 4 scum. If there are 4 scum it is so scum sided imo. Whatever.
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
breakingamber
Posts: 1,422
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 11:53:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
This game is hilarious.
Sorry for that! I'll be going now!
MAY THE WRATH OF THE MODS BE UPON YOU!
- Master Elodin

"When will [Obliteration] learn that Funtimes' plan of saving/destroying the world with pancakes is the only way? "
"She wouldn't even have to make real pancakes! Just the batter, and Obliteration could cook it with his powers! OBLITERATION, YOU'RE WASTING YOUR TALENTS"
- Voidus and TwiLyghtSansSparkles

"An Epic stage magician and a zombie dinosaur? She sure as Braize won"t pull the line there!"
- Edgedancer
Smithereens
Posts: 5,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 12:08:19 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I has info for town too: If Khaos is guilty, then that means Endark is necessarily (as far as I'm concerned) the player who attempted the shot NP2. As either there was no kill that night because I was being protected or because I stopped the kill.

Also, the mod expressly and explicitly confirmed in no uncertain terms to me that I can block the NK, so that's how I think things went.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 12:10:36 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
So two scum down coolcoolcool.

Everyone can feel free to ask the same question smithereens asked the mod.
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
Smithereens
Posts: 5,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 12:13:46 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/11/2015 12:10:36 AM, headphonegut wrote:
So two scum down coolcoolcool.

Everyone can feel free to ask the same question smithereens asked the mod.

Actually, the mod is extremely resistant to giving out info that doesn't pertain to your role. I tried asking several round-about questions in order to find out if I could block the NK and got shut down the moment I asked about gun carrying people being a visitation role I could block.

and then I just outright asked if I can block the NK and got a Yes. So it's unlikely you'll be able to get that same confirmation for me.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 12:15:39 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Who thinks mafia has a godfather with a 2x cop?
If I was godfather, why would I have wanted results not released?

None of this makes any sense.
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 12:22:47 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2015 11:52:11 PM, headphonegut wrote:
At 12/10/2015 11:43:11 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 12/10/2015 11:27:29 PM, headphonegut wrote:
Finally something.

VTL Khaos

You FOS'd me last DP and got a inno on Khaos...why are you voting him? Just curious...

'Night!

Because their is nine players and I have no problem with him dying as he has expressed a general lack of interest and that he isn't gonna vote. I say kill the fvcker. This is perfect. He flips inno we kill you no problem.

4-3 by my count if there are really 4 scum. If there are 4 scum it is so scum sided imo. Whatever.

Actually, HPG, that is not what I said. In fact, I did vote.
As usual, your lack of comprehension is getting the better of you.
I specifically said "let's see if he can get a lynch without my vote". I never said I wouldn't vote.

And, yeah, I have no interest in a game where people are going to follow roles blindly, and then ignore them blindly. In a game where I soft claim, and people don't care. And in a game where we cannot even get a lynch unless a role directs us, yeah, I have a big problem with that.

A 1 for 1 trade by mafia is 100% legit, given the fact that, with plurality lynching in play, they can still lynch with just themselves, and I'd wager they are only one away.
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 12:24:24 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
And, let's be clear.......
You think that I bread crumbed my role, and I am scum.
You think I pushed for Lucky's lynch DP1, and am scum.
You think I pushed for ER's lynch since DP3....HARD, and I am scum.

I guess I am just bussing my teammates, which makes perfect sense.....given the fact that, as the game goes on, it becomes harder and harder to explain why I am still alive.
My work here is, finally, done.
Smithereens
Posts: 5,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 12:26:42 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Tomorrow we should be at 3v5 Khaos. So MYLO is tomorrow not today. If you flip inno we know who to lynch. So your death is going to kill at least one scummy. Also, if you flip guilty we know ER is guilty due to NP2.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 12:27:04 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Of course, I suppose, there could be a bus driver.
But, if there were, I'd still be suspecting bsh1, for his scum reading me and wanting to test my claim.

We all know that if I die, Smithers is next, right?
And, in case you haven't realized it yet, Smithers is de facto cop. So, I say again, what sense does a godfather make, if it doesn't protect against Smithers' role, and a 2x cop is hardly need for one.
My work here is, finally, done.
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 12:28:52 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/11/2015 12:13:46 AM, Smithereens wrote:
At 12/11/2015 12:10:36 AM, headphonegut wrote:
So two scum down coolcoolcool.

Everyone can feel free to ask the same question smithereens asked the mod.

Actually, the mod is extremely resistant to giving out info that doesn't pertain to your role. I tried asking several round-about questions in order to find out if I could block the NK and got shut down the moment I asked about gun carrying people being a visitation role I could block.

and then I just outright asked if I can block the NK and got a Yes. So it's unlikely you'll be able to get that same confirmation for me.

Hmmmmmm I don't buy it. He gave you the info it's not a state secret. I already asked. If he tells me I can't know I'll assume you're lying.
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
Smithereens
Posts: 5,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 12:29:55 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/11/2015 12:24:24 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
And, let's be clear.......
You think that I bread crumbed my role, and I am scum.
You think I pushed for Lucky's lynch DP1, and am scum.
You think I pushed for ER's lynch since DP3....HARD, and I am scum.

I guess I am just bussing my teammates, which makes perfect sense.....given the fact that, as the game goes on, it becomes harder and harder to explain why I am still alive.

In Australian mafia, TUF might recall I bussed each scum mate one by one until I was the last one left. There were 3 of us and I got lynched at the last Dp, as opposed to earlier in the game. Point being I was mafia, and did all the things you're saying mafia don't do. So I kinda don't mind not believing it.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 12:30:27 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/11/2015 12:26:42 AM, Smithereens wrote:
Tomorrow we should be at 3v5 Khaos. So MYLO is tomorrow not today.
Yeah, and why would mafia, with players around who don't even cast votes, not want to get to MYLO now, and hope for the win on a flash hammer at DP's end?

Also, even if you think bsh1 is town, ever consider that there is a bus driver, and this move is going to cost us the game?

If you flip inno we know who to lynch. So your death is going to kill at least one scummy. Also, if you flip guilty we know ER is guilty due to NP2.

Yeah, I can't argue against the tactical nature of this.
Of course, when I VTL for tactical purposes, I'm scum read. Fvck that noise.
My work here is, finally, done.