WitchHunters:Mafia [Dp1]

Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 10:02:27 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
The beginning of the end...
The town of Malhurst woke lazily to the first day of the witch-trials. Already, bakers and early morning farm workers were shutting up and gathering at the town square. The Mayor and high priest conversed at the foot of the wooden pyre.
"...And if you were found to be guilty?" Questioned the mayor in a hushed tone.
"It matters not. While I am here you will be able to see the evil spirit leaving the executed individual. I can't prevent that from happening." Replied the priest.
The town gathered in their families and cliques. The largest of the groups was the free masons guild. They were very vocal and unified in their decisions, and the mayor feared the negative impact this could cause on an unbiased witch-hunt.

"Gather around, and hush!" Called one of the elders. The town looked expectantly to the mayor. Gazing into the eyes of each individual, the mayor weighed the severity of what they were all about to partake in.
"Good people of Malhurst!" He began.
"As we discovered through the most brutal of tragedies, there is an organisation planted amongst us who desire to destroy us."
The town murmured. Suspicion and doubt darting through the hushed voices. Such an organisation couldn't really be so bad as they believed?
"We come here today to analyse and examine one and all, old and young, weak and strong to ascertain who these individuals might be. All are equal in the eyes of the law."
The high priest stood forward, motioning the mayor out of his way.
"And that person who we find to be suspect, shall face the fires of eternal judgement!" He exclaimed.
A shocked silence rippled through the crowd. The high priest had in no uncertain terms declared that every villager was about to be subjected to the scrutiny of a fiery execution.
"Molech have mercy on us." He finished.

Roll call:
HPG
FT
TUF
UtherPenguin
Breakingamber
Sapphique
SeventhProfessor
XLAV
Beginner
Butter
Bullish

Graveyard:
[empty]

Structure:
Town government or power
Town power or killing
Town killing or investigative
Town investigative or protective
Town investigative or support
Town protective or support or government
Town Random
Town Random
Mafia Godfather
Mafia Deception
Mafia Deception or Support
Neutral Evil or Killing

Sample generic role pm:
SolonKR, you are Solon, the prestigious Co-Mod. Opting out of playing mafia in exchange for the power of this position has entitled you to be Smither's right hand man. Each day you may posts vote counts and declare lynches. Each night you may process actions.

Conditions: You must not answer questions that the individual would not be able to know granted any amount of experience with mafia. You may use your discretion to choose what information a player is reasonably entitled to.

Primary Objective: You win with town/mafia/Third party. Town/mafia/Thirdparty wins when all opposing factions are eliminated/when your faction has the most players in the game.

This semi-open set up contains 12 slots and 11 players. Each slot has been assigned to exactly one player save for one. Each slot also contains multiple categories to prevent a game win via immediate massclaim. With 11 players living it takes 6 votes to lynch. DP ends upon a successful lynch. After 72 hours, the player(s) with the most votes dies.

Commence Day 1.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 11:06:59 AM
VTL Uther
I bet fanfics are already being posted on random blogs about us.-Vaarka

Butters preformed his duty to the town and died with honor, he helped us kill scum, so we know have to go and make sure his death wasn't in vain and win this game for him.-lannan13

All hail the great and mighty Butters, who died for our inactive cause.-Vaarka

fuckith offith, lol.-Ore(talking to me)

And guess what happened to FT? He got raped to death.-Xlav

You are so obviously town I love you man.-VOT
breakingamber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 12:50:04 PM
VTL hpg
MAY THE WRATH OF THE MODS BE UPON YOU!
- Master Elodin

"When will [Obliteration] learn that Funtimes' plan of saving/destroying the world with pancakes is the only way? "
"She wouldn't even have to make real pancakes! Just the batter, and Obliteration could cook it with his powers! OBLITERATION, YOU'RE WASTING YOUR TALENTS"
- Voidus and TwiLyghtSansSparkles

"An Epic stage magician and a zombie dinosaur? She sure as Braize won"t pull the line there!"
- Edgedancer
breakingamber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 1:58:30 PM
It's called PRESSURE.
- Master Elodin

"When will [Obliteration] learn that Funtimes' plan of saving/destroying the world with pancakes is the only way? "
"She wouldn't even have to make real pancakes! Just the batter, and Obliteration could cook it with his powers! OBLITERATION, YOU'RE WASTING YOUR TALENTS"

"An Epic stage magician and a zombie dinosaur? She sure as Braize won"t pull the line there!"
- Edgedancer
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 2:10:15 PM
At 12/16/2015 1:58:30 PM, breakingamber wrote:
It's called PRESSURE.

I know its bloody pressure.,

I am asking why HPG.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 2:13:12 PM
So apparently the OP's and stories in this game will be important. Let's try to keep track of names, and big plot events. I'll also be keeping track of a claims list and post it as frequently as I can. As usual, I will probably post in large spurts rather than continuously throughout the day.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
breakingamber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 2:13:52 PM
Because we don't know anything yet!
I'm asking you not to jump on the bandwagon.

Actually, I really don't care.
- Master Elodin

- Edgedancer
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 2:15:59 PM
At 12/16/2015 2:13:52 PM, breakingamber wrote:
Because we don't know anything yet!
I'm asking you not to jump on the bandwagon.
Wtf?

Actually, I really don't care.

Then why vtl at all?
breakingamber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 2:23:46 PM
Repeat: PRESSURE

Before, I was always Mafia. I can show you that if you want. Look at: Vengeful Mafia (ValosaBirdy) and Beginners Mafia (not the redo; the first 41.1
- Master Elodin

- Edgedancer
ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 5:03:36 PM
At 12/16/2015 1:52:26 PM, XLAV wrote:
At 12/16/2015 11:06:59 AM, ButterCatX wrote:
VTL Uther

Hey u, why vtl Uther?

RVS, plus I have never played with him before so I was hoping to gain some insight

Why not say anything?

It is rvs, it is pretty steadily assumed that at rvs I want a soft claim

Butters preformed his duty to the town and died with honor, he helped us kill scum, so we know have to go and make sure his death wasn't in vain and win this game for him.-lannan13

ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 5:04:51 PM
At 12/16/2015 1:56:04 PM, XLAV wrote:
At 12/16/2015 11:06:59 AM, ButterCatX wrote:
"Reads without reasoning are useless"

Who the hell said this?

A sexy beast

headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 6:46:50 PM
@xlav he is obv a liar and a scoundrel. The actual reason is that it is just an rvs vote. I'd rather not talk about theory or the merit of rvs.

@tuf are you saying you want us to claim? Also where is your vote?
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 6:48:20 PM
At 12/16/2015 10:41:43 AM, Bullish wrote:
VTL Saph

For "condition."

Can you explain because it looks like you're saying it is a condition for your win. I'm not getting the joke if there is one.
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
breakingamber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 7:10:22 PM
Unvote
I'm still not sure, but HPG seems less anti-town than other people.
For now, I'm only voting on people who haven't posted yet because I want them to be active.
VTL FourTrouble
- Master Elodin

- Edgedancer
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 7:22:17 PM
Hey u, why vtl Uther?

Asking about opening votes is good as it provides pressure. If you do it more than once in sequence, however, your inquisition loses its impact. It looks as if you aren't really focused on that player or have any real suspicion to the player(s) in particular.
Not very conducive to scumhunting imo. It looks as if you are merely proactively doing nothing of any import. Basically,trying to look active without actually having the motive of hunting.

tldr; your scumhunting motive is lacking

VTL XLAV
Senpai has noticed you.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 7:25:11 PM
At 12/16/2015 7:22:17 PM, Beginner wrote:
Hey u, why vtl Uther?

Asking about opening votes is good as it provides pressure. If you do it more than once in sequence, however, your inquisition loses its impact. It looks as if you aren't really focused on that player or have any real suspicion to the player(s) in particular.
Not very conducive to scumhunting imo. It looks as if you are merely proactively doing nothing of any import. Basically,trying to look active without actually having the motive of hunting.

tldr; your scumhunting motive is lacking

VTL XLAV
lol
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 7:30:16 PM
At 12/16/2015 7:09:28 PM, XLAV wrote:
Actually nvm.

I read your mafia game
Unvote

1. Assuming a player is aware of their scum meta, do you think they'd continue acting upon that meta?
2. How is there enough activity from amber for you to gauge and compare metas across games? What exactly did you read that made you chose to unvote (implied townread).
3. Links to amber's game and reference to how you gauged his meta please.
Senpai has noticed you.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 7:32:47 PM
At 12/16/2015 7:30:16 PM, Beginner wrote:

1. Assuming a player is aware of their scum meta, do you think they'd continue acting upon that meta?
He's a noob, so yeah.
2. How is there enough activity from amber for you to gauge and compare metas across games? What exactly did you read that made you chose to unvote (implied townread).
Because that is what I do and I read the beginners one he mentioned, duh.
3. Links to amber's game and reference to how you gauged his meta please.
Reasons