WitchHunters:Mafia [Dp2]

Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 12:27:56 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
The optimism fades...
The people of Malhurst dispersed from the town square after satisfying their stomachs with the roasted and charred meat of the two burnt bodies. Shizoo watched from the highest platform on the podium, his hawk's eye glaring at each individual suspiciously. He knew very well that the mayor was not the perpetrator of the child slavery ring that remained hidden throughout the town for over a decade. It was definitely one or more of the other elders. That was of no concern to him however, given he did reap the juicy benefits of what was a disappointingly short enterprise.
"Hail Shizoo." Called a villager from bellow.
Shizoo startled, awoken from his train of thought.
"What ails you Atticus?" He replied to the sturdy man climbing the wooden stairs. Behind him, a younger blond male trailed him.
"This is Titus. Titus is town crier, a town government role." Atticus said, motioning to the blond.
"Ah Titus," Shizoo said. "Yes I recall you were the thoughtful man who had the torches handy."
"I came with a proposition, most excellent one." Titus replied.
Shizoo arched an eyebrow, motioning him to continue. Titus faltered, looking to Atticus for instruction. Atticus sighed.
"Titus wishes to call the village to vote on a new town leader," Atticus said. "He only plans on calling the meeting however if you agree to nominate yourself as the new mayor."
"I refuse." Shizoo said, hesitation clearly tugging at this words. "I have a difficult role already, I could not cope with another."
Titus' shoulders slumped, unable to hide his disappointment. "I was very pleased with how you handled the executions of the guilty, most excellent one. I hope you change your mind before dawn erupts."
Atticus turned, guiding Titus down the stairs. "Please reconsider!" Titus shouted up to Shizoo when he reached the base. Shizoo nodded, watching with curiosity as Titus and Atticus parted ways to their respective homes.

A bloody night...
Silence blanketed the town of Malhurst as the village slept from all the drama. Several shadowy figures moved methodically towards certain houses, every care being taken to avoid detection. Atticus stood in his kitchen, restless and anxious from the day's events. Drunk from fatigue, he still managed to appreciate the artwork of his kitchen in the dark. A rose pattern design on the tiles that tessellated across the wall, a silhouette portrait against a natural nightscape background... A silhouette protrait? Atticus stirred. He didn't have any potraits or paintings in his house. His eyes shot towards the window where the silhouette was standing -it was gone. A series of soft rasps against his door alerted his fight-flight response. "WHO IS THERE!?" He screeched into the darkness. Running through the hall to the door, he unbolted it and swung it open. "What do you want?" He said in a more subdued tone. Atticus stared at the thick, impenetrable darkness that sprawled out before him. The first several steps from his door way were slightly visible. Pitch blackness obscured everything from there on. "Who is there?" He whispered. Hands trembling, Atticus reached out to touch the darkness in front of him.
"...Coming for you..." Hissed a voice, as a sharp glinting object darted through the blackness, severing his hand cleanly off his arm. Screams pierced the dark veil that smothered the town of Malhurst, before a stifled and abrupt ending restored the unearthly silence.

Died last DP:

TUF -Town Mayor- Mafia Godfather
You are Br"nstead, the town mayor. While publicly condemning the evils that are beginning to plague the town; you are secretly orchestrating the killing. You are the mastermind behind the witch-hunts themselves, and you will do everything in your power to influence it in order to destroy the town. Using your position of power, you may publically commend another player, by stating:
"I Commend [Player]" That player will take one more vote to lynch than normal.
Otherwise, you may condemn another player, by stating:
"I Condemn [Player]" That player will take one less vote to lynch than normal.

Conditions: Investigative roles will see you as "innocent" upon investigation. Once you have commended or condemned a player in the Day, you may not change the target until a lynch occurs or a DP ends.

HPG -Actress -Mafia deception

You are Cleo, the actress. Performing in macabre dramas for the town has instilled a lust for tragedy and disaster deep in your heart. Now that the tragedies have been for real, you have decided to assist the killings using your own skills in performance and deception. Each night you may target a player. You will appear, upon investigation and death, to have that player"s role and affiliation.

Beginner -Cop- Town Investigative

You are Atticus, the Cop. As one of the more pious elders, you actively worked to dismantle the child prostitution ring that was once run by elders in the town. You have a natural affinity for determining lies and motives of those around you. Each night you may select a target. You will learn if that player is innocent or guilty.

Primary Objective: You win with town. Town wins when all opposing factions are eliminated

Living Players:
FT
UtherPenguin
Breakingamber
Sapphique
SeventhProfessor
XLAV
Butter
Bullish

Graveyard:
TUF -Mafia town mayor (Bronstead)
HPG -Mafia Actress (Cleo)
Beginner -Town Cop (Atticus)

With 8 Living players, it takes 5 votes to lynch. Dp2 Ends after a successful lynch, or 72 hours. After 72 hours, the player(s) with the most votes dies.

Commence Day 2.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 12:33:15 PM
Structure:
Town government or power
Town power or killing
Town killing or investigative
Town investigative or protective
Town investigative or support
Town protective or support or government
Town Random
Town Random
Mafia Godfather
Mafia Deception
Mafia Deception or Support
Neutral Evil or Killing
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 12:45:56 PM
Scum between FT, Uther and 7th
Lynch from this scum pile then its gg town wins.

I never thought I'd do this but lets start with FT
*BOLD*VTL FT*BOLD*
I can't bold on my phone so pls count.
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 3:13:53 PM
At 12/20/2015 1:42:29 PM, XLAV wrote:
@saph: Why didn't you vote for anyone last DP?

I was waiting for both TUF's and HPG's responses but didn't get them before I went to bed--DP ended at 5 am ish my time.

I have slight misgivings about 7th given her weird reads (scumread Breaking off of one post that wasn't even what she said it was, Beginner for spewing nonsense which I don't think is true).

FT voted Seventh, and Bullish did too. I wonder if they did it for the reasons I listed above. FT hasn't been acting like town leader for some reason and Bullish is similarly underwhelming (also don't know why he wanted my condition).

I had thought that Butter may be scum from being unduly fixated on Uther, who's an easy target since he's new. His assessment of the game in 190 is lukewarm and just states objective facts--that isn't scumhunting. I am leaning towards Uther being lost town (read the first beginner game, not the redo), and therefore Butter might be scum. But you're right that his "are we given flips" post is most likely town.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 3:14:28 PM
At 12/20/2015 12:36:47 PM, XLAV wrote:
Lololololololololololololol

That double scum kill

This. Was actually pretty hilarious, and a bit lucky.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 3:20:48 PM
At 12/20/2015 12:45:56 PM, XLAV wrote:
Agree, though I'd pressure 7th before Uther. He seems more like lost town than scum BSing his way through the game (again, see beginner game--the most recent one but not the redo). Thoughts on why FT voted 7th?
Lynch from this scum pile then its gg town wins.

I never thought I'd do this but lets start with FT
VTL FT
I can't bold on my phone so pls count.
fix'd

VTL FT

Let's get started.

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 3:26:35 PM
Forgot about Bullish going after TUF in 158. Also, minor townslip?
http://www.debate.org...
Nvm about him then.

XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 3:28:24 PM
At 12/20/2015 3:20:48 PM, Sapphique wrote:
At 12/20/2015 12:45:56 PM, XLAV wrote:
Agree, though I'd pressure 7th before Uther. He seems more like lost town than scum BSing his way through the game (again, see beginner game--the most recent one but not the redo). Thoughts on why FT voted 7th?
Focusing on inactives. Which is one of the reasons why I'm voting him.
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 3:31:47 PM
So according to the structure here, we're left with mafia deception or support, and a possible 3rd party (neutral evil or killing).

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 3:32:29 PM
At 12/20/2015 3:28:24 PM, XLAV wrote:

Okay. What do you think about 7th?

XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 3:32:33 PM
At 12/20/2015 3:26:35 PM, Sapphique wrote:
Nvm about him then.

Yes.

Tell me, Saph, what game is ur recent scum game? You're the only one I am not sure of and I want to see how much your scum game has improved.
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 3:34:45 PM
At 12/20/2015 3:32:33 PM, XLAV wrote:
Nvm about him then.

Yes.

Tell me, Saph, what game is ur recent scum game? You're the only one I am not sure of and I want to see how much your scum game has improved.

Most recent is probably Civ IV, but I was busy irl during that one so I was basically useless. Most recent good one is still Lit Mafia.

XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 3:36:48 PM
At 12/20/2015 3:32:29 PM, Sapphique wrote:

Weakest town read. Hence im willing to lynch him.
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 3:37:31 PM
At 12/20/2015 3:36:48 PM, XLAV wrote:

Cause of the cryptic soft claim?

XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 3:38:59 PM
At 12/20/2015 3:34:45 PM, Sapphique wrote:
At 12/20/2015 3:32:33 PM, XLAV wrote:
Nvm about him then.

Yes.

Most recent is probably Civ IV, but I was busy irl during that one so I was basically useless. Most recent good one is still Lit Mafia.

Meh.

Well I'll just go with my read on you here and say ur lean town.
breakingamber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 3:39:06 PM
How many mafia are there?
Probably 3 or 4, but I want to make sure. I want to know whether we killed off half the Mafia or a different fraction.
MAY THE WRATH OF THE MODS BE UPON YOU!
- Master Elodin

"When will [Obliteration] learn that Funtimes' plan of saving/destroying the world with pancakes is the only way? "
"She wouldn't even have to make real pancakes! Just the batter, and Obliteration could cook it with his powers! OBLITERATION, YOU'RE WASTING YOUR TALENTS"
- Voidus and TwiLyghtSansSparkles

"An Epic stage magician and a zombie dinosaur? She sure as Braize won"t pull the line there!"
- Edgedancer
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 3:41:23 PM
At 12/20/2015 3:37:31 PM, Sapphique wrote:
At 12/20/2015 3:36:48 PM, XLAV wrote:

Cause of the cryptic soft claim?

Wut. He soft claimed?
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 3:41:46 PM
At 12/20/2015 3:39:06 PM, breakingamber wrote:
Probably 3 or 4, but I want to make sure. I want to know whether we killed off half the Mafia or a different fraction.

Yeah probably 3 or 4. And read the OP--TUF and HPG were both scum. Why are you so worried about this?

XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 3:42:12 PM
At 12/20/2015 3:39:06 PM, breakingamber wrote:

This is why breakingamber is town, folks.
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 3:43:11 PM
At 12/20/2015 3:41:23 PM, XLAV wrote:
Wut. He soft claimed?

Dude, why else would you be slight townreading him? I assume this is her soft claiming.

breakingamber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 3:44:01 PM
I believe that we should be able to get Smithers to help us out.
@mod: Are you allowed to tell us how many Mafia there total? If so, would you please do so?

Anyway, does anyone want me to claim?
- Master Elodin

"When will [Obliteration] learn that Funtimes' plan of saving/destroying the world with pancakes is the only way? "
"She wouldn't even have to make real pancakes! Just the batter, and Obliteration could cook it with his powers! OBLITERATION, YOU'RE WASTING YOUR TALENTS"

"An Epic stage magician and a zombie dinosaur? She sure as Braize won"t pull the line there!"
- Edgedancer
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 3:44:09 PM
At 12/20/2015 3:42:12 PM, XLAV wrote:
This is why breakingamber is town, folks.

I agree, though the mention of another faction made me a bit paranoid that he could be TP.

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 3:45:12 PM
At 12/20/2015 3:44:01 PM, breakingamber wrote:
I believe that we should be able to get Smithers to help us out.
@mod: Are you allowed to tell us how many Mafia there total? If so, would you please do so?

Pretty sure Smithers can't answer that, but it's worth a try.
Anyway, does anyone want me to claim?
Nah, you're fine.

breakingamber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 3:45:43 PM
I'll wait for XLAV.
- Master Elodin

- Edgedancer
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 3:46:01 PM
At 12/20/2015 3:43:11 PM, Sapphique wrote:
At 12/20/2015 3:41:23 PM, XLAV wrote:
Wut. He soft claimed?

Dude, why else would you be slight townreading him? I assume this is her soft claiming.

Lol. I slight tr him because of his hints of scum hunting and town hunting. This kinda increases my read on him though.
breakingamber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 3:47:47 PM
Also, I forget (I am a NOOB!): Are we allowed to copy/paste stuff from role PMs?
Then I could tell you my role with ease. Otherwise it would be a little annoying to write a bunch of stuff down.
- Master Elodin

- Edgedancer
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 3:48:13 PM
At 12/20/2015 3:46:01 PM, XLAV wrote:
Lol. I slight tr him because of his hints of scum hunting and town hunting. This kinda increases my read on him though.

"Him"?