donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2015 4:15:38 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
Fate: Game of Kings

Introduction:
The people have been happy where they were for so long, but the island is running out of resources and they know not how to stop it. They must now leave their homes and find better land.

The world of Tetra is mostly unexplored, but in time they will come to rule it all. Until one man can come to rule the world, he'll have to play and manipulate his opponents in this Game of Kings.

How To Play:
The game is split into Generations. Everyone starts Generation 1 with only themselves. They will be randomly positioned around the map, and have to explore the world for good land. The game is also split into Eras (each Era adds more to the map) which change as the players evolve their families, technology, and the world around them. An Era will consist of any number of Generations depending on the situation.

To act, the player must send me a private PM (one each, please) and send actions there. All actions must be in BOLD. Certain Fate-related threads must include me. These are threads for Alliances, player-owned Realms (Kingdoms, empires, nations) and Trades Alliances.

Each family starts out with a set of traits that influence things like growth and army strength. These traits are:
Fertility - Affects population growth each round.
Wealth - Affects many things, including Discipline and Health, mostly later on.
Discipline - Affects army strength and Productivity.
Productivity - Affects Wealth and rate of production as well as Research.
Health - Effects Productivity and Fertility.
Research - Effects growth of Technology.

Economic Power:
Political Power:
Military Power:

These traits will be the same in the first Generation, and change as the player acts. Only the Powers at the bottom will be visible for everyone. Everyone can see an average for each trait, so they can tell if theirs is high or low, but they can not see the other players actual stats. In time, I will update the map to show boundaries and important places.

Rules:
1 - All actions must be BOLD in a Private Message.
2 - To join, say so in BOLD here. When joining, you must also name your family.
3 - If you die, all your people will remain there as neutral populations. If conquered, they will be added to the owners population, but not to his family.
4 - Every population is split up as the player likes. Citizens and Soldiers. If your whole army is wiped out, you will also die. No one needs to wipe out your whole family. Split your family up wisely.
5 - If you die, you will respawn elsewhere next Generation.

HINT: It is important to decide wisely on how many men will be citizens and how many will be soldiers. Soldiers can not work, and citizens can not fight. And remember rule 4.

If you are concerned about whether or not you can do something, simply ask. Anything is possible in the game so long as I say it is.

1:
2:
3:
4:
5;
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:

Remember to invite your friends to join. They make good allies in the beginning.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2015 5:00:34 AM
At 12/23/2015 4:15:38 AM, donald.keller : Fate: Game of Kings

Introduction:
The people have been happy where they were for so long, but the island is running out of resources and they know not how to stop it. They must now leave their homes and find better land.

The world of Tetra is mostly unexplored, but in time they will come to rule it all. Until one man can come to rule the world, he'll have to play and manipulate his opponents in this Game of Kings.

How To Play:
The game is split into Generations. Everyone starts Generation 1 with only themselves. They will be randomly positioned around the map, and have to explore the world for good land. The game is also split into Eras (each Era adds more to the map) which change as the players evolve their families, technology, and the world around them. An Era will consist of any number of Generations depending on the situation.

To act, the player must send me a private PM (one each, please) and send actions there. All actions must be in BOLD. Certain Fate-related threads must include me. These are threads for Alliances, player-owned Realms (Kingdoms, empires, nations) and Trades Alliances.

Each family starts out with a set of traits that influence things like growth and army strength. These traits are:

Economic Power:
Political Power:
Military Power:

These traits will be the same in the first Generation, and change as the player acts. Only the Powers at the bottom will be visible for everyone. Everyone can see an average for each trait, so they can tell if theirs is high or low, but they can not see the other players actual stats. In time, I will update the map to show boundaries and important places.

Rules:
3 - If you die, all your people will remain there as neutral populations. If conquered, they will be added to the owners population, but not to his family.
4 - Every population is split up as the player likes. Citizens and Soldiers. If your whole army is wiped out, you will also die. No one needs to wipe out your whole family. Split your family up wisely.

HINT: It is important to decide wisely on how many men will be citizens and how many will be soldiers. Soldiers can not work, and citizens can not fight. And remember rule 4.

If you are concerned about whether or not you can do something, simply ask. Anything is possible in the game so long as I say it is.

1: Hayd
2:
3:
4:
5;
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:

Remember to invite your friends to join. They make good allies in the beginning.
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2015 5:55:17 AM
At 12/23/2015 5:00:34 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 12/23/2015 4:15:38 AM, donald.keller : Fate: Game of Kings

Introduction:

How To Play:

Economic Power:
Political Power:
Military Power:

Rules:

2: Fire_wings
3:
4:
5;
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:

#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka
Krushia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2015 7:31:07 AM
At 12/23/2015 4:15:38 AM, donald.keller wrote:

Introduction:

How To Play:

Economic Power:
Political Power:
Military Power:

Rules:

1:Krushia :P
2:
3:
4:
5;
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:

If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.
Sun Tzu

Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
Sun Tzu
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2015 4:25:05 PM
At 12/23/2015 4:05:56 PM, XLAV wrote:
Do I get to keep my empire from the first game?

<_< its a new game

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2015 12:50:03 AM
The game of Fate will begin on January 1st. Invite your friends.

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2015 3:47:06 PM
At 12/25/2015 12:50:03 AM, donald.keller wrote:
The game of Fate will begin on January 1st. Invite your friends.

I'd love to join but college won't let me.
Geographia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2015 11:15:14 PM
2: Fire_wings
3: Geo
4: Krushia
5;
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:

donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 11:54:22 PM
At 12/28/2015 11:51:21 PM, Geographia wrote:

How many players are you planning for?

At least 5 or 6... Need 2 more to be happy.

The game starts Jan 1st.

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Geographia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2015 11:05:07 PM
At 12/28/2015 11:54:22 PM, donald.keller wrote:

The game starts Jan 1st.

Are you EST? I oddly remember you being in EST.
greatkitteh
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 2:38:05 AM

The game starts Jan 1st.

[b]Can I still join?[/b]
greatkitteh
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 2:49:07 AM
At 1/2/2016 2:38:05 AM, greatkitteh wrote:

The game starts Jan 1st.
[b]Can I still join?[/b]

Family name will be trump :p
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 4:13:06 AM

The game starts Jan 1st.

[b]Can I still join?[/b]

Yeppers

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Geographia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 4:50:33 AM
At 1/2/2016 4:13:06 AM, donald.keller wrote:

The game starts Jan 1st.

[b]Can I still join?[/b]

Yeppers

Do you want us to find another player, or are you content with the current roster?
Geographia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2016 5:26:49 PM

The game starts Jan 1st.

Is this still happening?
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2016 10:26:09 PM
At 1/2/2016 1:40:03 PM, Kierhein wrote:
This looks like fun. Do you mind if I play?

Of course :)

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2016 7:44:17 AM
The game has started.

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2016 9:32:08 PM
At 1/5/2016 7:44:17 AM, donald.keller wrote:
The game has started.

Is there a way I can get in on this?
"You're more of a fluentic fail doer who sometimes does a doo dah with a diggity ding, managing to push open doors that weren't meant to be opened, only to find that there's no floor, so you instead become spiderman and crawl on the walls." -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2016 9:54:15 PM
At 1/5/2016 9:32:08 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
The game has started.

Hell yea

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
greatkitteh
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2016 1:41:50 AM
At 1/5/2016 9:32:08 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
The game has started.

But your warring skills ;~;
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 7:07:27 AM
At 1/12/2016 7:06:11 AM, Bennett91 wrote:

Can I join plz???

Of course

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 7:08:19 AM
At 1/12/2016 7:07:27 AM, donald.keller wrote:
At 1/12/2016 7:06:11 AM, Bennett91 wrote:

Can I join plz???

Of course

Woot. Send me the PM!! I have time to make up for!
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 7:10:11 AM

Oh sorry. I join as House Iron Tooth.
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 3:08:06 AM
At 1/6/2016 1:41:50 AM, greatkitteh wrote:

Am I gonna have to kill you like in the last Fate we played? :P
greatkitteh
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 12:24:28 PM
At 1/13/2016 3:08:06 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 1/6/2016 1:41:50 AM, greatkitteh wrote:

Am I gonna have to kill you like in the last Fate we played? :P

I am actually being serious this time, no DPRK or anything. I bet your soilders will stop attacking and simply admire my nation trying to Invade :p