Total Posts:55|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Beginner's Mafia 42.1 (2) Endgame

1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 7:01:31 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
So because I really hate your inactivity, everyone except for Saph and Vaarka were modkilled after the last DP - because they were the only ones that actually posted: whether in the PM or in the actual DP. So mafia wins, because Saph was mafia. Everyone who is modkilled becomes third-party survivor.

I'm not even giving your roles because that's how much I am put off by the inactivity.

1st place Mafia:

Saph (2)
Uther

2nd place Town:

Vaarka
HPG
Saph (1)
Sashil

3rd place TPs:

Wylted (former town)
King (former mafia)
FT (former town)
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
XLAV
Posts: 13,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 8:02:14 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/26/2015 7:30:22 AM, Smithereens wrote:
Fortunately there was no new blood in this mafia game... otherwise DDO's mafia future would be screwed.

That is because all the noobs are playing in the big bois games. We should start a regulation that disallows noobs from signing up in big bois games until they have finished at least one beginners series. I am tired of seeing noobs fvck around, become inactive and get themselves modkilled. It ruins the game for the experienced players, the mod and even the noobs themselves.
Smithereens
Posts: 5,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 8:48:41 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/26/2015 8:02:14 AM, XLAV wrote:
At 12/26/2015 7:30:22 AM, Smithereens wrote:
Fortunately there was no new blood in this mafia game... otherwise DDO's mafia future would be screwed.

That is because all the noobs are playing in the big bois games. We should start a regulation that disallows noobs from signing up in big bois games until they have finished at least one beginners series. I am tired of seeing noobs fvck around, become inactive and get themselves modkilled. It ruins the game for the experienced players, the mod and even the noobs themselves.

This regulation exists, however it's up to the mods to enforce it. In pokemon mafia, this rule clearly hasn't been enforced.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
Vaarka
Posts: 7,533
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 4:35:11 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
Oh yay I survived
Oh boo mafia won

I was the oracle btw
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Vaarka
Posts: 7,533
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 4:36:18 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/26/2015 7:01:31 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
So because I really hate your inactivity, everyone except for Saph and Vaarka were modkilled after the last DP - because they were the only ones that actually posted: whether in the PM or in the actual DP. So mafia wins, because Saph was mafia. Everyone who is modkilled becomes third-party survivor.

I'm not even giving your roles because that's how much I am put off by the inactivity.

1st place Mafia:

Saph (2)
Uther

2nd place Town:

Vaarka
HPG
Saph (1)
Sashil

3rd place TPs:

Wylted (former town)
King (former mafia)
FT (former town)

I partially blame the holidays. I've barely been active for the past week, and it's mainly due to travels, plans, christmas, all that crap.

But yeah after the last DP, it was obvious town would lose.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
KingofEverything
Posts: 590
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 4:58:30 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
A good thing to know before I leave this account.
You're sweet. Thank you :) <3 -ESocial

I am sorry Debate.org -KingofEverything

You guys can stop the circlejerk started around the election. It stopped being funny faster than Mirza's anti-American rants. -Jonbonbon

It's like when the kid who makes an ugly sand castle on the beach goes and tries to kick down someone else's sand castle because he couldn't make one as good as that. -YYW
Sapphique
Posts: 4,110
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 6:01:53 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
What's ironic is that town should have won this game. You guys remember how I claimed bodyguard? Well, I was role cop and my result from 2 nights ago told me that Fire_Wings was bodyguard. And going into the most recent day, FT was supposed to replace into his slot. So I thought I was screwed, because if either fire or FT had read through the past DPs they'd have known I was lying and CC'd me. Or, any other townie should have questioned why HPG died, if I was actually the bodyguard. HPG was the obvious protection target, so why was I still alive?

King was the other mafia, by the way.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Vaarka
Posts: 7,533
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 6:41:05 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/26/2015 6:01:53 PM, Sapphique wrote:
What's ironic is that town should have won this game. You guys remember how I claimed bodyguard? Well, I was role cop and my result from 2 nights ago told me that Fire_Wings was bodyguard. And going into the most recent day, FT was supposed to replace into his slot. So I thought I was screwed, because if either fire or FT had read through the past DPs they'd have known I was lying and CC'd me. Or, any other townie should have questioned why HPG died, if I was actually the bodyguard. HPG was the obvious protection target, so why was I still alive?

King was the other mafia, by the way.
King...I knew it
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
BlazingRodent
Posts: 1,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2015 8:52:09 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/26/2015 6:41:05 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 12/26/2015 6:01:53 PM, Sapphique wrote:
What's ironic is that town should have won this game. You guys remember how I claimed bodyguard? Well, I was role cop and my result from 2 nights ago told me that Fire_Wings was bodyguard. And going into the most recent day, FT was supposed to replace into his slot. So I thought I was screwed, because if either fire or FT had read through the past DPs they'd have known I was lying and CC'd me. Or, any other townie should have questioned why HPG died, if I was actually the bodyguard. HPG was the obvious protection target, so why was I still alive?

King was the other mafia, by the way.
King...I knew it

Read the top. It states that King was mafia.
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 4:46:48 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
We are cancelling this beginners' series due to chronic inactivity. Sign ups for the next series will be up by January 7th, at the latest. Some reforms for the upcoming series will be implemented, to better tailor the series to it's core mission: training noobs in how to play mafia. Thanks to everyone for playing, and for their cooperation, patience, and understanding.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
GirlyPianist
Posts: 48
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2015 2:01:40 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/30/2015 4:46:48 AM, bsh1 wrote:
We are cancelling this beginners' series due to chronic inactivity. Sign ups for the next series will be up by January 7th, at the latest. Some reforms for the upcoming series will be implemented, to better tailor the series to it's core mission: training noobs in how to play mafia. Thanks to everyone for playing, and for their cooperation, patience, and understanding.

Can't wait x)
Youuu're whalecome bish.
And a message to everyone joining the next game, if you're inactive I'll spam your profiles e.e
Smithereens
Posts: 5,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2015 2:43:33 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/30/2015 4:46:48 AM, bsh1 wrote:
We are cancelling this beginners' series due to chronic inactivity. Sign ups for the next series will be up by January 7th, at the latest. Some reforms for the upcoming series will be implemented, to better tailor the series to it's core mission: training noobs in how to play mafia. Thanks to everyone for playing, and for their cooperation, patience, and understanding.

Do you have IC slots in your games? Would that assist in the reduction of activity?
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
Smithereens
Posts: 5,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2015 2:44:01 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/31/2015 2:43:33 AM, Smithereens wrote:
At 12/30/2015 4:46:48 AM, bsh1 wrote:
We are cancelling this beginners' series due to chronic inactivity. Sign ups for the next series will be up by January 7th, at the latest. Some reforms for the upcoming series will be implemented, to better tailor the series to it's core mission: training noobs in how to play mafia. Thanks to everyone for playing, and for their cooperation, patience, and understanding.

Do you have IC slots in your games? Would that assist in the reduction of inactivity?
fx'd
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2015 2:48:09 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/31/2015 2:43:33 AM, Smithereens wrote:
At 12/30/2015 4:46:48 AM, bsh1 wrote:
We are cancelling this beginners' series due to chronic inactivity. Sign ups for the next series will be up by January 7th, at the latest. Some reforms for the upcoming series will be implemented, to better tailor the series to it's core mission: training noobs in how to play mafia. Thanks to everyone for playing, and for their cooperation, patience, and understanding.

Do you have IC slots in your games? Would that assist in the reduction of activity?

IC?
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Smithereens
Posts: 5,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2015 2:49:59 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/31/2015 2:48:09 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 12/31/2015 2:43:33 AM, Smithereens wrote:
At 12/30/2015 4:46:48 AM, bsh1 wrote:
We are cancelling this beginners' series due to chronic inactivity. Sign ups for the next series will be up by January 7th, at the latest. Some reforms for the upcoming series will be implemented, to better tailor the series to it's core mission: training noobs in how to play mafia. Thanks to everyone for playing, and for their cooperation, patience, and understanding.

Do you have IC slots in your games? Would that assist in the reduction of activity?

IC?

Inexperience challenged. Basically reserved slots for one or two non-newbies that newbies can ask questions and who are highly active.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
Sapphique
Posts: 4,110
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2015 2:50:02 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/31/2015 2:48:09 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 12/31/2015 2:43:33 AM, Smithereens wrote:
At 12/30/2015 4:46:48 AM, bsh1 wrote:
We are cancelling this beginners' series due to chronic inactivity. Sign ups for the next series will be up by January 7th, at the latest. Some reforms for the upcoming series will be implemented, to better tailor the series to it's core mission: training noobs in how to play mafia. Thanks to everyone for playing, and for their cooperation, patience, and understanding.

Do you have IC slots in your games? Would that assist in the reduction of activity?

IC?

"Inexperienced challenged." What we would call ringers. So yes Smithers, we do. Two of them in fact. But they don't do quite what the IC does at the start of every newbie game.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Smithereens
Posts: 5,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2015 2:51:20 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/31/2015 2:50:02 AM, Sapphique wrote:
At 12/31/2015 2:48:09 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 12/31/2015 2:43:33 AM, Smithereens wrote:
At 12/30/2015 4:46:48 AM, bsh1 wrote:
We are cancelling this beginners' series due to chronic inactivity. Sign ups for the next series will be up by January 7th, at the latest. Some reforms for the upcoming series will be implemented, to better tailor the series to it's core mission: training noobs in how to play mafia. Thanks to everyone for playing, and for their cooperation, patience, and understanding.

Do you have IC slots in your games? Would that assist in the reduction of activity?

IC?

"Inexperienced challenged." What we would call ringers. So yes Smithers, we do. Two of them in fact. But they don't do quite what the IC does at the start of every newbie game.

okay. Lemme guess, they were inactive too. :(
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
Sapphique
Posts: 4,110
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2015 2:53:51 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/31/2015 2:51:20 AM, Smithereens wrote:
okay. Lemme guess, they were inactive too. :(

Hey, hey, I was one of them this time. And I was active. Spot on reads too (though it wasn't that hard; they were kinda obvious). Until scum killed me. Then I came back as a scum replacement and no one bothered and I won. What I meant was that they don't do an IC post like over at MS. I tried to give chunks of advice throughout the game, while I was alive as town. I even wrote up a wall for each of my scumbuddies in our PM but that didn't help much.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Smithereens
Posts: 5,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2015 2:57:55 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/31/2015 2:53:51 AM, Sapphique wrote:
At 12/31/2015 2:51:20 AM, Smithereens wrote:
okay. Lemme guess, they were inactive too. :(

Hey, hey, I was one of them this time. And I was active. Spot on reads too (though it wasn't that hard; they were kinda obvious). Until scum killed me. Then I came back as a scum replacement and no one bothered and I won. What I meant was that they don't do an IC post like over at MS. I tried to give chunks of advice throughout the game, while I was alive as town. I even wrote up a wall for each of my scumbuddies in our PM but that didn't help much.

haha, there was this game on MS I was playing as a newbie a while ago. The IC was so bloody obviously scum and town wouldn't listen to me. I outed myself as the cop to try get them to listen and so they lynched me and banned me for two weeks for playing too aggressively. The IC was scum.. ;) You seem like a good IC, but the rule always holds: The IC is always scum.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
Sapphique
Posts: 4,110
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2015 3:04:55 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/31/2015 2:57:55 AM, Smithereens wrote:
haha, there was this game on MS I was playing as a newbie a while ago. The IC was so bloody obviously scum and town wouldn't listen to me. I outed myself as the cop to try get them to listen and so they lynched me and banned me for two weeks for playing too aggressively. The IC was scum.. ;) You seem like a good IC, but the rule always holds: The IC is always scum.

Really? I was more inclined to believe that one of the SEs is always scum.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Sapphique
Posts: 4,110
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2015 3:06:26 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/31/2015 2:57:55 AM, Smithereens wrote:
How do you get banned for "playing too aggressively" though? O.o That seems rather odd.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Smithereens
Posts: 5,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2015 4:23:07 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/31/2015 3:06:26 AM, Sapphique wrote:
At 12/31/2015 2:57:55 AM, Smithereens wrote:
How do you get banned for "playing too aggressively" though? O.o That seems rather odd.

When I say 'too' aggressive, I mean there is a clear distinction between words which are acceptable when used in the same sentence as other players... and words which aren't >.<
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
Sapphique
Posts: 4,110
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2015 4:29:01 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/31/2015 4:23:36 AM, Smithereens wrote:
oh gosh I'm 10 posts away from 5k. What should I do for that milestone..?

AMAs, shout-outs, honest opinions, funny videos, favorite quotes from DDO members, write about how much DDO has influenced you...compose something to match the impression you get of members' personalities ;)
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Sapphique
Posts: 4,110
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2015 4:29:35 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/31/2015 4:23:07 AM, Smithereens wrote:
When I say 'too' aggressive, I mean there is a clear distinction between words which are acceptable when used in the same sentence as other players... and words which aren't >.<

Lol.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Smithereens
Posts: 5,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2015 4:42:37 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/31/2015 4:29:01 AM, Sapphique wrote:
At 12/31/2015 4:23:36 AM, Smithereens wrote:
oh gosh I'm 10 posts away from 5k. What should I do for that milestone..?

AMAs, shout-outs, honest opinions, funny videos, favorite quotes from DDO members, write about how much DDO has influenced you...compose something to match the impression you get of members' personalities ;)

haha a composition? That would be 100 bars of flat 5's with interspersed flat 2's and sharp 7's... played by a detuned trumpet for that 'dying' effect XD
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
Sapphique
Posts: 4,110
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2015 4:52:44 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/31/2015 4:42:37 AM, Smithereens wrote:
haha a composition? That would be 100 bars of flat 5's with interspersed flat 2's and sharp 7's... played by a detuned trumpet for that 'dying' effect XD

Oh yuck...we can't be as bad as all that, can we? Lol
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2015 1:03:48 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
The inactivity is the Mod's fault. Being slow replacing inactives despite having 3 or 4 people have signed up as back ups just causes others to lose interest and not want to play. The last few series inactives should have been replaced in the frat few DPs of the first game, but instead they were allowed to continue playing and the game was ruined, this precedent just kept snowballing until normally active people just decided to ignore the game.

Please replace inactives ASAP, instead of waiting until the third game of these series. The noobs are starting to get a horrible experience as a result of lax moderation.
Sapphique
Posts: 4,110
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2015 3:26:00 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/31/2015 1:03:48 PM, Wylted wrote:

That's not entirely fair...the inactivity of the players isn't the mod's fault. The mod can't control whether or not the newbs show up to play. I grant you sometimes the replacing is slow, but the whole point of the series is to coach newbs. If they aren't given time to play but keep getting switched out for old players, then the beginners' series isn't really one for beginners at all.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch