Total Posts:31|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Mod Varsity Program.

donald.keller
Posts: 3,709
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2016 9:42:48 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
{ ------ Summary ------ }

I will be starting the Mod Varsity Program (MVP). A program to train new Game Moderators. This will require two groups of people... Moderators and Trainees. The Moderators must be well established game hosts who have hosted a number of games prior. I will be contacting Freedo about helping as a Moderator.

We will be teaching Mafia... But mostly we will teach other, less established games. This includes Fate, of course, and new games like Diplomacy, Battleship, and Monopoly. The trainers will also be included in a special "Game Design" thread to create new Forum game ideas... The Moderators will train each member in the games of their choice + a game the Mods pick (as to avoid too many trainees in one field). A After a while, the Moderators will observe the member hosting an in-group version of the game, and will pass or fail them (the trainer who taught the student won't vote).

For games the Mods don't know (like Diplomacy), I will teach the Mods about it, and we will work out a DDO-appropriate system to teach.

And yes... There IS a prize.

{ ------ Prizes ------ }

There are three prizes, each for it's own competition:

1 -- ) The Trainee who passes the most classes: $5 Steam/Amazon/Walmart gift card per class passed.
2 -- ) The Trainee who hosts the most games after 3 months: Any video game of their choice under $40 (physical or digital.)
3 -- ) The Moderator that helped the most Students: $20 Steam/Amazon/Walmart gift card.

{ ------ Sign ups ------ }

Moderators:
1-
2-
3-
4-
5-

Trainees
1-
2-
3-
4-
5-

When the program is finished, I will host a new one as needed (hopefully no time soon).
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 6,542
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2016 1:33:34 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/7/2016 9:42:48 AM, donald.keller wrote:
{ ------ Summary ------ }

I will be starting the Mod Varsity Program (MVP). A program to train new Game Moderators. This will require two groups of people... Moderators and Trainees. The Moderators must be well established game hosts who have hosted a number of games prior. I will be contacting Freedo about helping as a Moderator.

We will be teaching Mafia... But mostly we will teach other, less established games. This includes Fate, of course, and new games like Diplomacy, Battleship, and Monopoly. The trainers will also be included in a special "Game Design" thread to create new Forum game ideas... The Moderators will train each member in the games of their choice + a game the Mods pick (as to avoid too many trainees in one field). A After a while, the Moderators will observe the member hosting an in-group version of the game, and will pass or fail them (the trainer who taught the student won't vote).

For games the Mods don't know (like Diplomacy), I will teach the Mods about it, and we will work out a DDO-appropriate system to teach.

And yes... There IS a prize.

{ ------ Prizes ------ }

There are three prizes, each for it's own competition:

1 -- ) The Trainee who passes the most classes: $5 Steam/Amazon/Walmart gift card per class passed.
2 -- ) The Trainee who hosts the most games after 3 months: Any video game of their choice under $40 (physical or digital.)
3 -- ) The Moderator that helped the most Students: $20 Steam/Amazon/Walmart gift card.

{ ------ Sign ups ------ }

Moderators:
1-
2-
3-
4-
5-

Trainees
1- The-Voice-of-Truth
2-
3-
4-
5-

When the program is finished, I will host a new one as needed (hopefully no time soon).

This is something to get involved with. Seems quite fun.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
lannan13
Posts: 23,016
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2016 8:17:58 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/7/2016 9:42:48 AM, donald.keller wrote:
Put me where ever you see fit.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Midnight1131
Posts: 1,643
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2016 9:04:42 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
{ ------ Summary ------ }

I will be starting the Mod Varsity Program (MVP). A program to train new Game Moderators. This will require two groups of people... Moderators and Trainees. The Moderators must be well established game hosts who have hosted a number of games prior. I will be contacting Freedo about helping as a Moderator.

We will be teaching Mafia... But mostly we will teach other, less established games. This includes Fate, of course, and new games like Diplomacy, Battleship, and Monopoly. The trainers will also be included in a special "Game Design" thread to create new Forum game ideas... The Moderators will train each member in the games of their choice + a game the Mods pick (as to avoid too many trainees in one field). A After a while, the Moderators will observe the member hosting an in-group version of the game, and will pass or fail them (the trainer who taught the student won't vote).

For games the Mods don't know (like Diplomacy), I will teach the Mods about it, and we will work out a DDO-appropriate system to teach.

And yes... There IS a prize.

{ ------ Prizes ------ }

There are three prizes, each for it's own competition:

1 -- ) The Trainee who passes the most classes: $5 Steam/Amazon/Walmart gift card per class passed.
2 -- ) The Trainee who hosts the most games after 3 months: Any video game of their choice under $40 (physical or digital.)
3 -- ) The Moderator that helped the most Students: $20 Steam/Amazon/Walmart gift card.

{ ------ Sign ups ------ }

Moderators:
1-
2-
3-
4-
5-

Trainees
1- The-Voice-of-Truth
2- Midnight
3-
4-
5-

When the program is finished, I will host a new one as needed (hopefully no time soon).
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
donald.keller
Posts: 3,709
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2016 10:00:59 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
Moderators:
1- Lannan
2-
3-
4-
5-

Trainees
1- The-Voice-of-Truth
2- Midnight
3- Lannan
4-
5-
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Posts: 3,709
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2016 3:59:57 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/8/2016 10:00:59 PM, donald.keller wrote:
Moderators:
1- Lannan
2- Geographia
3-
4-
5-

Trainees
1- The-Voice-of-Truth
2- Midnight
3- Lannan
4-
5-
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
SolonKR
Posts: 4,032
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2016 2:45:59 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
I'm in for modding (besides, if I wasn't, DK would add me anyway, lol).
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
donald.keller
Posts: 3,709
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2016 3:23:47 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/10/2016 2:45:59 AM, SolonKR wrote:
I'm in for modding (besides, if I wasn't, DK would add me anyway, lol).

Lol so true.

Moderators:
1- Lannan
2- Geographia
3-
4-
5-

Trainees
1- The-Voice-of-Truth
2- Midnight
3- Lannan
4- SolonKR
5-
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Sapphique
Posts: 4,110
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2016 7:00:11 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
How long would this training program last? When does it start?
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
donald.keller
Posts: 3,709
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2016 7:10:41 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/10/2016 7:00:11 AM, Sapphique wrote:
How long would this training program last? When does it start?

Well... It'd last different lengths for everyone. If you're learning 3 games, and someone else is learning 2, it'll take you longer.

Hopefully it takes no more than 2 weeks for the average user, most of which is live tests.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Posts: 3,709
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2016 7:11:47 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/10/2016 6:53:02 AM, Geographia wrote:
So will the mods champion certain games, or what?

The mods will teach the trainees how to run the games, and when the trainees are doing live tests, the Mods will play with them.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Geographia
Posts: 1,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2016 7:17:54 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/10/2016 7:11:47 AM, donald.keller wrote:
At 1/10/2016 6:53:02 AM, Geographia wrote:
So will the mods champion certain games, or what?

The mods will teach the trainees how to run the games, and when the trainees are doing live tests, the Mods will play with them.

Sounds good.
Sapphique
Posts: 4,110
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2016 9:37:26 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/10/2016 7:10:41 AM, donald.keller wrote:
At 1/10/2016 7:00:11 AM, Sapphique wrote:
How long would this training program last? When does it start?

Well... It'd last different lengths for everyone. If you're learning 3 games, and someone else is learning 2, it'll take you longer.

Hopefully it takes no more than 2 weeks for the average user, most of which is live tests.

Can I start at any time? Because I'm interested in this, but I'd need to wait until exams are over next week.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
donald.keller
Posts: 3,709
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2016 9:48:07 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/10/2016 9:37:26 PM, Sapphique wrote:
At 1/10/2016 7:10:41 AM, donald.keller wrote:
At 1/10/2016 7:00:11 AM, Sapphique wrote:
How long would this training program last? When does it start?

Well... It'd last different lengths for everyone. If you're learning 3 games, and someone else is learning 2, it'll take you longer.

Hopefully it takes no more than 2 weeks for the average user, most of which is live tests.

Can I start at any time? Because I'm interested in this, but I'd need to wait until exams are over next week.

Sure :)
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Posts: 3,709
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2016 12:40:32 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
Moderators:
1- Lannan
2- Geographia
3- Donald.Keller
4-
5-

Trainees
1- The-Voice-of-Truth
2- Midnight
3- Lannan
4- SolonKR
5- Saph
6 -
7 -
8 -

I'd like at least one more Mod, and maybe 2 more trainees..
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Vaarka
Posts: 7,517
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2016 6:27:45 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
/in (as trainee obviously)
This actually sounds kinda fun
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
donald.keller
Posts: 3,709
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 12:16:00 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
Moderators:
1- Lannan
2- Geographia
3- Donald.Keller
4-
5-

Trainees
1- The-Voice-of-Truth
2- Midnight
3- Lannan
4- SolonKR
5- Saph
6 - Vaarka
7 -
8 -
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
breakingamber
Posts: 1,422
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 1:56:29 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
I'm going to be modding my own game in a month. I'd like to pass some classes first. Also, I have no idea what fate and diplomacy and whatnot are, so I'd like to learn.
/in for trainee
MAY THE WRATH OF THE MODS BE UPON YOU!
- Master Elodin

"When will [Obliteration] learn that Funtimes' plan of saving/destroying the world with pancakes is the only way? "
"She wouldn't even have to make real pancakes! Just the batter, and Obliteration could cook it with his powers! OBLITERATION, YOU'RE WASTING YOUR TALENTS"
- Voidus and TwiLyghtSansSparkles

"An Epic stage magician and a zombie dinosaur? She sure as Braize won"t pull the line there!"
- Edgedancer
donald.keller
Posts: 3,709
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 8:00:47 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/12/2016 1:56:29 AM, breakingamber wrote:
I'm going to be modding my own game in a month. I'd like to pass some classes first. Also, I have no idea what fate and diplomacy and whatnot are, so I'd like to learn.
/in for trainee

Moderators:
1- Lannan
2- Geographia
3- Donald.Keller
4-
5-

Trainees
1- The-Voice-of-Truth
2- Midnight
3- Lannan
4- SolonKR
5- Saph
6 - Vaarka
7 - Breaking
8 -
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
famousdebater
Posts: 3,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 8:23:10 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/12/2016 8:00:47 AM, donald.keller wrote:
At 1/12/2016 1:56:29 AM, breakingamber wrote:
I'm going to be modding my own game in a month. I'd like to pass some classes first. Also, I have no idea what fate and diplomacy and whatnot are, so I'd like to learn.
/in for trainee

Moderators:
1- Lannan
2- Geographia
3- Donald.Keller
4-
5-

Trainees
1- The-Voice-of-Truth
2- Midnight
3- Lannan
4- SolonKR
5- Saph
6 - Vaarka
7 - Breaking
8 - Famousdebater
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
lannan13
Posts: 23,016
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 6:53:08 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/7/2016 9:42:48 AM, donald.keller wrote:
How do we dettermine who helps who and on what?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
donald.keller
Posts: 3,709
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 7:40:18 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/12/2016 6:53:08 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 1/7/2016 9:42:48 AM, donald.keller wrote:
How do we dettermine who helps who and on what?

Well. We'll see what the trainers can teach, and then assign people to trainers based on what they want to learn.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
lannan13
Posts: 23,016
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 7:41:38 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/12/2016 7:40:18 PM, donald.keller wrote:
At 1/12/2016 6:53:08 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 1/7/2016 9:42:48 AM, donald.keller wrote:
How do we dettermine who helps who and on what?

Well. We'll see what the trainers can teach, and then assign people to trainers based on what they want to learn.

Well I could do Diplomacy, Monopoly, and Fate. Mainly since I've done these before and have even modded a few of them.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
donald.keller
Posts: 3,709
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2016 5:02:19 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/12/2016 8:23:10 AM, famousdebater wrote:
At 1/12/2016 8:00:47 AM, donald.keller wrote:
At 1/12/2016 1:56:29 AM, breakingamber wrote:
I'm going to be modding my own game in a month. I'd like to pass some classes first. Also, I have no idea what fate and diplomacy and whatnot are, so I'd like to learn.
/in for trainee

Moderators:
1- Lannan
2- Geographia
3- Donald.Keller
4- Freedo (maybe)
5-

Trainees
1- The-Voice-of-Truth
2- Midnight
3- Lannan
4- SolonKR
5- Saph
6 - Vaarka
7 - Breaking
8 - Famousdebater
9 - Krushia
10 - Unitomic
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Posts: 3,709
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2016 7:25:28 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
The MVP has begun.

Sign ups are still open.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Posts: 3,709
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2016 9:10:37 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/11/2016 6:27:45 PM, Vaarka wrote:
/in (as trainee obviously)
This actually sounds kinda fun

You aren't accepting messages.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Vaarka
Posts: 7,517
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2016 6:25:34 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/19/2016 9:10:37 AM, donald.keller wrote:
At 1/11/2016 6:27:45 PM, Vaarka wrote:
/in (as trainee obviously)
This actually sounds kinda fun

You aren't accepting messages.

Try now
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Cobalt
Posts: 991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2016 4:26:40 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/19/2016 7:25:28 AM, donald.keller wrote:
The MVP has begun.

Sign ups are still open.

In as trainee.