---Mythological Creatures Mafia: DP2---

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2016 9:54:48 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
DIED LAST DP

Voice - You are the GRENDEL. Every night you go into Hrothgar's Mead Hall and murder some of his men. Due to your penchant for violence, you are the 2-shot VIGILANTE. At night, you may select a player for death. You win with the town.

[Voice has be retroactively been converted to TP due to his mod-kill]

DIED IN THE NIGHT

Cobalt - You are a GREMLIN. You specialize in causing chaos and mischief. Thus, you are the even-night RANDOMIZER. You may select a player each even night, and randomize their action's target (if they have and action and use it). You win with the town.

FT/Budda - You are a JOTUNN. Almost equal to the Aseir in power, you are able to assert yourself against them if necessary. Due to your ability to stand up to those who would subjugate you, you are the 3-shot DOCTOR. You protect your own. You may select a player and protect them from death that night. You win with the town.

LIVING PLAYERS

Smithers
Forever
Blazro
Saph
Midnight
Vaar
HPG
Trekie (Breaking)
Dalt
Space (316)
YYW
Coca
Lannan (XLAV)
Wylted

With 14 players alive, it takes 8 votes to lynch.
The DP ends at 4:05pm, Central Time, on 1/13/16.

Good luck! Let the games begin.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2016 9:57:05 PM
ATTENTION

Trekie, Spacetime, and Lannan13 have replaced in. See the living players list for details.

This game is, officially, "mythological creatures," not magical creatures. I fail to see much difference between the two terms, but I am clarifying this in case anyone is confused. I apologize for any incorrect labels.

Here is a link to the rules and roles list: http://www.debate.org... Check the first 3 posts. Please familiarize yourself with this if you have not done so.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2016 10:03:14 PM
Alright, well I have to go to work soon, but I'll claim now as I'm sure you're all wondering what I am.

I am a Harpie.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2016 10:04:19 PM
I'm also going to read through DP1 and post responses to things that I think need to be highlighted as I read. Though that will happen after I get my argument in my debate against TN05 up since there's under a day left there.

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2016 10:34:05 PM
Two vigs with 5 kills between them. I already know the answer to this but am willing to discuss if anyone finds that suspicious.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
Forever23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2016 10:35:53 PM
Probably vigilante or SK killed one of them since Mafia is automatically in charge of one kill (unless the kill got blocked). But point is, both kill ideas were so stupid. Why Cobalt? Why FT? If I were SK, or mafia I would probably stick with Wylt... If I were Vigil, I would choose HPG because he seemed scummy. Wtf... But thats beyond the point.

Anyway, there is some information we need to get so nothing I could do but try to investigate and pressure.

I want to hear something from Blazro

So VTL Blazro
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2016 10:42:50 PM
Going off to work.

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2016 10:43:36 PM
At 1/10/2016 10:34:05 PM, Smithereens wrote:
Two vigs with 5 kills between them. I already know the answer to this but am willing to discuss if anyone finds that suspicious.

Be my guest. 5 kills seems a bit much.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2016 10:46:26 PM
At 1/10/2016 10:43:36 PM, Sapphique wrote:

Compared to a vig with infinite kills? I'm just going to draw your attention to the night's results and ask you to explain two mafia sided killing roles. >.>
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2016 10:48:13 PM
At 1/10/2016 10:35:53 PM, Forever23 wrote:
Probably vigilante or SK killed one of them since Mafia is automatically in charge of one kill (unless the kill got blocked). But point is, both kill ideas were so stupid. Why Cobalt? Why FT? If I were SK, or mafia I would probably stick with Wylt... If I were Vigil, I would choose HPG because he seemed scummy. Wtf... But thats beyond the point.
Why the heck would you kill Wylted as mafia? And I am leaning towards HPG being town now. (Someone last DP made a pretty convincing case for it, but I forget who. Might have been FT.) And idk about Cobalt, but I think it's kinda obvious why someone might kill FT O_o
Anyway, there is some information we need to get so nothing I could do but try to investigate and pressure.

So VTL Blazro

Blazro is most likely town. Vote somewhere else, please.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2016 10:49:24 PM
At 1/10/2016 10:46:26 PM, Smithereens wrote:

Compared to a vig with infinite kills? I'm just going to draw your attention to the night's results and ask you to explain two mafia sided killing roles. >.>

Did you shoot one of them, then?

Forever23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2016 10:56:17 PM

2 kills...
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2016 10:57:42 PM
At 1/10/2016 10:56:17 PM, Forever23 wrote:

2 kills...

No, 5 kills between the 2x vig (VOT) and the claimed 3x vig (Smithers).

Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2016 10:58:19 PM
At 1/10/2016 10:49:24 PM, Sapphique wrote:
At 1/10/2016 10:46:26 PM, Smithereens wrote:

Did you shoot one of them, then?

No. But I did shoot Forever. And lo behold he is still alive. I guess the shot went to one of Cobalt or FT.
Forever23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2016 11:00:57 PM
At 1/10/2016 10:48:13 PM, Sapphique wrote:
Why the heck would you kill Wylted as mafia?

Because his reads were strong. As mafia, I would look forward and see what harm he could further do,

And I am leaning towards HPG being town now. (Someone last DP made a pretty convincing case for it, but I forget who. Might have been FT.) And idk about Cobalt, but I think it's kinda obvious why someone might kill FT O_o

So VTL Blazro

Unvote

But we cant do much but guess. I am clueless on who could have killed Cobalt/ FT. Cobalt did lead a lynch on me and some others and did seem slight scum but it would be pointless to kill him since there are other potential strong players. Whoever did it, Cobalt was the waste of NK. About FT, he wasnt very on game and did less about actual mafia finding so thats a dumb mafia kill. Vigil shouldnt have killed his either. He was pretty active.
Forever23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2016 11:01:58 PM
At 1/10/2016 10:57:42 PM, Sapphique wrote:
At 1/10/2016 10:56:17 PM, Forever23 wrote:

2 kills...

No, 5 kills between the 2x vig (VOT) and the claimed 3x vig (Smithers).

Only 2 people died so...
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2016 11:03:11 PM
At 1/10/2016 10:58:19 PM, Smithereens wrote:
No. But I did shoot Forever. And lo behold he is still alive. I guess the shot went to one of Cobalt or FT.

I was about to say that it would've been supremely ironic if Cobalt randomized your action and it landed on himself, but then I saw that he was even-night. But hold up a second. There's no redirector in the role list.

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2016 11:05:04 PM
At 1/10/2016 11:01:58 PM, Forever23 wrote:
Only 2 people died so...

Yes, I realize that. Of course vigs can't use all their shots on the same night. We were talking about the *potential* for 5 townsided kills if both vig claims are true, since 5 vig shots total is unusually high.

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2016 11:05:28 PM
VOTE COUNT

Forever (1/8) - Smithers
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2016 11:09:35 PM
I don't see how Smithers' shot on Forever could've gone elsewhere if there's no redirector, since Cobalt was even-night. Unless that's not what happened and Forever's BP and there's a SK or yet another vig out there. That's more assumptions than I'm comfortable with.

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2016 11:13:28 PM

Sounds more like you're trying to make us think you'd never kill FT or Cobalt so that we'd think you didn't do it. I mean hey, maybe you didn't, but I still don't like this post.

So VTL Blazro
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Forever23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2016 11:14:54 PM
At 1/10/2016 11:13:28 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Sounds more like you're trying to make us think you'd never kill FT or Cobalt so that we'd think you didn't do it. I mean hey, maybe you didn't, but I still don't like this post.

I'm just extremely upset with the mafia in this game. They are killing random players and thats so dumb...

So VTL Blazro
spacetime
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2016 11:15:07 PM
I've been subbed into this game for one of the inactive players. Does anyone wanna give a tl;dr of what happened last DP?
Call me King Pootie Tang.
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2016 11:15:21 PM

I feel the same way. But for some reason I had a gut townread on her yesterday. Not sure where that's going to end up. What do you think of Wylted and YYW? I think we should pick up where FT left off.

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2016 11:16:12 PM
At 1/10/2016 11:14:54 PM, Forever23 wrote:
I'm just extremely upset with the mafia in this game. They are killing random players and thats so dumb...
...Shouldn't that make you happy? I mean, if you're town, then sloppy mafia is all the better for you.

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2016 11:16:18 PM
At 1/10/2016 11:14:54 PM, Forever23 wrote:

Honestly, the players who were killed aren't that surprising, nor dumb.

So VTL Blazro
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2016 11:16:27 PM
Dinner. Bbl.

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2016 11:17:37 PM
At 1/10/2016 11:00:57 PM, Forever23 wrote:
At 1/10/2016 10:48:13 PM, Sapphique wrote:
Why the heck would you kill Wylted as mafia?

Because his reads were strong. As mafia, I would look forward and see what harm he could further do,

And I am leaning towards HPG being town now. (Someone last DP made a pretty convincing case for it, but I forget who. Might have been FT.) And idk about Cobalt, but I think it's kinda obvious why someone might kill FT O_o

So VTL Blazro

Unvote

But we cant do much but guess. I am clueless on who could have killed Cobalt/ FT. Cobalt did lead a lynch on me and some others and did seem slight scum but it would be pointless to kill him since there are other potential strong players. Whoever did it, Cobalt was the waste of NK. About FT, he wasnt very on game and did less about actual mafia finding so thats a dumb mafia kill. Vigil shouldnt have killed his either. He was pretty active.

"potential strong players"
FT and Cobalt were two of the most active players last DP iirc. FT is also one of the more experienced players in this game.