Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 11:59:50 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
Lynched last DP
Player: Vane01
Affiliation: Town
Character: Bender (Futurama)
Role: You are very strong, but your main purpose in the show is comic relief. You have no special roles or abilities.

Killed last NP and getting a joint win
Player: Cobalt
Affiliation: TP
Character: Kamelion (Doctor Who)
Role: You were not only ultimately a useless prop thanks to the death of your creator, but you also ended your time begging for death. For this reason, you win if you are killed by the mafia on an even night phase or are lynched on DP3. You may NOT outright claim mafia. If you win, the game will continue and mafia and town will compete for a joint win with you.

Living players
1. breakingamber
2. Forever23
3. logical-master123
4. Daltonian
5. lannan13
6. famousdebater
7. wipefeetnmat
8. EndarkenedRationalist
9. headphonegut
10. The-Voice-of-Truth

With 10 players live it takes 6 votes to lynch. DP ends at 7 PM EST on January 15.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 12:46:26 AM
I had this half-written up from the end of last DP, but saw Seventh closed the DP and so didn't post it:

Forever's case against me makes absolutely no sense, so I'm not going to dwell on it all too much. I'll make this post and that's it.

It's difficult for me to assess it as anything other than contrived, but I'm not one to be overly critical because I'm renowned for my paranoia and my reads aren't usually the best. In any case, purely based on how completely contrived her case was, I'm downgrading my town read of her to null at best.

The basis of the case is essentially that (1) I'm scum because passive aggressive is my usual mafia style and (2) that I usually make few posts and hop onto easy wagons of guilty-looking people.

It makes 0 sense because forever has never even played a game with me as scum (you can check my records and forum posts), or even as town to my knowledge, so she has nowhere to make that observation from. And even if she did read my games, I'd challenge her to cite herself and prove that to be the case using examples of my games. I usually like to intentionally replicate my town meta when I'm scum, but I am *always* contributive regardless of my affiliation; I don't float under the radar.

In addition to that, HOW am I being passive aggressive??? I can't analyze myself but I've spent most this game calling out obvious scum in the form of VoT, clearly and directly, that is the opposite of passive aggressive. VoT is hardly even a damn "easy wagon" because nobody in this game seems to actually care about pursuing lynches on people who have actually done incriminating things.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 12:52:06 AM
I've been reading Forever and him as town, but could she be scum with ER?

I'm an obvious next mislynch target given my earlier inactivity, and my record for winning as mafia, and the push on me seemed coordinated. Plus, ER is an incredible mafioso, so him guiding her through her DP1 gambit or quickly forcing her to go back on the doc claim could make sense.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 12:53:08 AM
Her interactions with Vane and VoT make less sense coming from scum, though. Idk, she's probably town.

What are people's thoughts on Forever?
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Forever23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 12:53:59 AM
At 1/13/2016 12:46:26 AM, Daltonian wrote:
I had this half-written up from the end of last DP, but saw Seventh closed the DP and so didn't post it:

Forever's case against me makes absolutely no sense, so I'm not going to dwell on it all too much. I'll make this post and that's it.

It's difficult for me to assess it as anything other than contrived, but I'm not one to be overly critical because I'm renowned for my paranoia and my reads aren't usually the best. In any case, purely based on how completely contrived her case was, I'm downgrading my town read of her to null at best.

The basis of the case is essentially that (1) I'm scum because passive aggressive is my usual mafia style and (2) that I usually make few posts and hop onto easy wagons of guilty-looking people.

I was really a bit tipsy when I read this lol

It makes 0 sense because forever has never even played a game with me as scum (you can check my records and forum posts), or even as town to my knowledge, so she has nowhere to make that observation from. And even if she did read my games, I'd challenge her to cite herself and prove that to be the case using examples of my games. I usually like to intentionally replicate my town meta when I'm scum, but I am *always* contributive regardless of my affiliation; I don't float under the radar.

In addition to that, HOW am I being passive aggressive??? I can't analyze myself but I've spent most this game calling out obvious scum in the form of VoT, clearly and directly, that is the opposite of passive aggressive. VoT is hardly even a damn "easy wagon" because nobody in this game seems to actually care about pursuing lynches on people who have actually done incriminating things.
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 12:54:18 AM
At least I think that's townish anyway. Depending how smart and experienced she is (is she an older user on a new account?), she could capitalize on Vane being in the game to provide the 'frustrated townie' aura.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Forever23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 12:57:04 AM
At 1/13/2016 12:54:18 AM, Daltonian wrote:
At least I think that's townish anyway. Depending how smart and experienced she is (is she an older user on a new account?), she could capitalize on Vane being in the game to provide the 'frustrated townie' aura.

Once again, I drank a bit before writing that post with vtl ing you.
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 12:59:19 AM
At 1/13/2016 12:57:04 AM, Forever23 wrote:

I don't really buy that as an excuse from people in general (unless they're like Mikal or HPG or something), and being drunk doesn't eliminate the presence of a townie thought process.

But whatever, you're probably town anyway.
Who do you want to lynch today?
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Forever23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 1:00:20 AM
At 1/13/2016 12:59:19 AM, Daltonian wrote:
At 1/13/2016 12:57:04 AM, Forever23 wrote:

I don't really buy that as an excuse from people in general (unless they're like Mikal or HPG or something), and being drunk doesn't eliminate the presence of a townie thought process.

But whatever, you're probably town anyway.
Who do you want to lynch today?

I dont know. Ill post my reads soon. Writing them out now.
breakingamber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 1:09:18 AM
Hi. For those that want to kill me: I am the Tin Man. Vanilla. OK? Please get off my case!
MAY THE WRATH OF THE MODS BE UPON YOU!
- Master Elodin

"When will [Obliteration] learn that Funtimes' plan of saving/destroying the world with pancakes is the only way? "
"She wouldn't even have to make real pancakes! Just the batter, and Obliteration could cook it with his powers! OBLITERATION, YOU'RE WASTING YOUR TALENTS"
- Voidus and TwiLyghtSansSparkles

"An Epic stage magician and a zombie dinosaur? She sure as Braize won"t pull the line there!"
- Edgedancer
breakingamber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 1:10:10 AM
At 1/13/2016 1:09:18 AM, breakingamber wrote:
Hi. For those that want to kill me: I am the Tin Man. Vanilla and Town. OK? Please get off my case!

Just in case some jerk decides to say, "Hey, you're a goon! LYNCH!!!!"
- Master Elodin

"When will [Obliteration] learn that Funtimes' plan of saving/destroying the world with pancakes is the only way? "
"She wouldn't even have to make real pancakes! Just the batter, and Obliteration could cook it with his powers! OBLITERATION, YOU'RE WASTING YOUR TALENTS"

"An Epic stage magician and a zombie dinosaur? She sure as Braize won"t pull the line there!"
- Edgedancer
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 1:10:40 AM
At 1/13/2016 12:01:59 AM, Forever23 wrote:
I need HPG to post.

So VTL HPG

Why?
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
Forever23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 1:12:17 AM
At 1/13/2016 1:10:40 AM, headphonegut wrote:
At 1/13/2016 12:01:59 AM, Forever23 wrote:
I need HPG to post.

So VTL HPG

Why?

I want activity. Sheer pressure.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 1:17:44 AM
At 1/13/2016 12:53:08 AM, Daltonian wrote:

If Forever and Vane were at all telling the truth when Vane supposedly claimed IRL, then they both would have been modkilled. Seeing that Vane is town, and was Vanilla anyway (although that is beside the point; I think we have a most-vanilla town), I would say that Forever knew this was a mostly vanilla game. I think Forever was lying, trying to make Vane seem scummy, and get a mislynch. So:

VTL Forever.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 1:19:53 AM
I see now that any scum can claim vanilla, and it would probably not be questioned considering the circumstances.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 1:22:00 AM
Hi. For those that want to kill me: I am the Tin Man. Vanilla. OK? Please get off my case!

You see, some people scum read you, and considering my reasoning in my above post, I think that this claim doesn't very much help you at all. You need to be more active -- we need to see your behavior, see how you act, what you do. I think that behavior and actions says more than claims at this point considering the game type.
Suh dude

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 1:33:59 AM
At 1/13/2016 1:17:44 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

If Forever and Vane were at all telling the truth when Vane supposedly claimed IRL, then they both would have been modkilled. Seeing that Vane is town, and was Vanilla anyway (although that is beside the point; I think we have a most-vanilla town), I would say that Forever knew this was a mostly vanilla game. I think Forever was lying, trying to make Vane seem scummy, and get a mislynch. So:

VTL Forever.

At that point there would have been an iquiry or even a banning from Airmax due to the IP similiarities.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 1:35:29 AM
At 1/13/2016 1:33:59 AM, lannan13 wrote:

VTL Forever.

At that point there would have been an iquiry or even a banning from Airmax due to the IP similiarities.

That is also true. I actually didn't think about that.
Suh dude

Forever23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 1:35:33 AM
Forever 23 (Updated Reads)

breaking gamber- Sorry man, but seriously, this play style is trash. You have been lurking throughout this game and made only 6 posts. I think you should voice your opinion without being afraid. You spent this whole fvcking game jumping from wagon to wagon. I was pretty sure that you sat on EVERY SINGLE wagon this game ever had. I do not like that play style.

logical-master- You posted once or twice since you were taken in as a replacement so nothing to assess here.

Dalto- I see you are posting more than last DP and I was kind of drunk when doing that lynch on you. I kept it after I decided to pressure you to get your a$$ here and help us. Anyway, whoever is reading this, you should check out Daltos posts. They are never wagon jumps and very subsatntive. Therefore, town.

lannan13- He claimed WALL E but that could be questioned and could even be a lie. However, that does prove him to be town until CCd. His posts are not tunnelling a particular player and I generally like that. He opens his eyes to different possibilities. I liked how he confronted those who contradicted themselves and who confronted others but answered to questions themselves.

famousdebater- I know that you are generally new to mafia so I am honestly going to go pretty easy on you now. Famous is acting like the typical brainy town noob. His actions could be taken as scummy but it is typical noob actions. I will let his off the hook for now but I will make sure to talk to him a bit more as the game proceeds. I am waiting for some lynchs that correlate with some of the dead.

He did not yet realise that mafia is team game. He is trying to just save skin by jumping on the band wagon.

Wipe- He posts a lot but his posts are empty. Literally empty. I am okay with the no will not claim but his posts are not focusing on who the scum is. A scum technique is actually to posts a lot, but be empty. He jumps on wagons a lot and I can even call it trying to blend in. He is passive on this game and I tend to see that in many scum players.

Endark- His posts are rare but just like Dalto, very substantive I honestly want to see more though. A lot more. The only way to ever get us this win is by having ALL of our fellow townies here. Not just some. Endark, being lurkish is a very scummy thing to do. Your subsatntive points do seem townish but I want more activity.

HPG- More activity! Please! Stop lurking! You are so active in your town games, but not here. That makes you seem slight scum. Your activity is substatial in all other town games, but not here.

VoT- Personally, my skin was itching for this one. VoT was very complicated since the beginning. I hate the way he forms a band wagon on the most unactive players. That is a scummy thing. The inactives are inactives and they are easy to lynch because they wont respond. A scummy thing to do is abuse them.

PS I knew Vane was innocent... You shouldve listened lol
Forever23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 1:37:24 AM

VTL Forever.

Thats dumb. I knew that Vane was innocent so I tried to prevent the lynch. I knew this was a multi Vanilla game because Vane IRL claimed and I figured this could have many Vanillas.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 1:37:52 AM
At 1/13/2016 1:10:10 AM, breakingamber wrote:
Hi. For those that want to kill me: I am the Tin Man. Vanilla and Town. OK? Please get off my case!

Hi, I'm Rosie, from the Jetsons, and I'm a Vanilla who wins with the town.

Do you see how easy it is to fake claim that now?

Just in case some jerk decides to say, "Hey, you're a goon! LYNCH!!!!"

That doesn't necessitate anything.

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

Forever23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 1:38:24 AM

VTL Forever.

Airmax knows that she is my sister....
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 1:39:26 AM
At 1/13/2016 1:37:24 AM, Forever23 wrote:

VTL Forever.

Thats dumb. I knew that Vane was innocent so I tried to prevent the lynch. I knew this was a multi Vanilla game because Vane IRL claimed and I figured this could have many Vanillas.

You cannot objectively prove that on a website such as this. That is why I think you are lying. I don't trust your statement at all because, if vane did IRL claim, you both would have been modkilled.
Suh dude

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 1:39:45 AM
At 1/11/2016 11:46:08 PM, Forever23 wrote:
At 1/11/2016 9:51:30 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 1/11/2016 9:15:13 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 1/11/2016 9:13:31 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 1/11/2016 9:06:54 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 1/11/2016 6:29:12 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 1/9/2016 6:55:48 PM, wipefeetnmat wrote:
At 1/9/2016 6:44:03 PM, Forever23 wrote:
So Unvote VTL 316

316 hasn't been on in nearly a week. Vote FREEDO, Vane, or breakingamber.

What we need now are replacements.

We've got replacements.

We got one who's inactive as hell. That lazy bum needs to get in here or replace out.

I don't know what he's doing. I don't think he's scum though, I think he is either just being lazy or has little - no mafia experience.

Fair enough. I think we should just stick with Vane then.

Unvote
VTL Vane

Ugh, I am sick of this. She is in my house right now and I might as well just call her to log in and write some.

And this couldn't have been done earlier?

Forever23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 1:40:27 AM

VTL Forever.

She was telling the truth...

Well, when I saw we were both Vanilla, I thought of this possibility

I was trying to defend her. Your logic is becoming illogical.
breakingamber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 1:40:30 AM
About the only robots I recognize are Bender (I watch futurama-hilarious!) and my character. Who is Rosie?
- Master Elodin

- Edgedancer
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 1:41:24 AM
At 1/13/2016 1:38:24 AM, Forever23 wrote:

VTL Forever.

Airmax knows that she is my sister....

That's nice, but stop with the Red Herons.

Who do you think is number 1 scum ATM? Rank the follow in Most to least likely scum (Daltonian, VOT, Breaking, and Wipe)

Forever23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 1:41:44 AM
At 1/13/2016 1:39:45 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 1/11/2016 11:46:08 PM, Forever23 wrote:
At 1/11/2016 9:51:30 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 1/11/2016 9:15:13 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 1/11/2016 9:13:31 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 1/11/2016 9:06:54 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 1/11/2016 6:29:12 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 1/9/2016 6:55:48 PM, wipefeetnmat wrote:
At 1/9/2016 6:44:03 PM, Forever23 wrote:
So Unvote VTL 316

316 hasn't been on in nearly a week. Vote FREEDO, Vane, or breakingamber.

What we need now are replacements.

We've got replacements.

We got one who's inactive as hell. That lazy bum needs to get in here or replace out.

I don't know what he's doing. I don't think he's scum though, I think he is either just being lazy or has little - no mafia experience.

Fair enough. I think we should just stick with Vane then.

Unvote
VTL Vane

Ugh, I am sick of this. She is in my house right now and I might as well just call her to log in and write some.

And this couldn't have been done earlier?

Sorry. I was. She always promised later. So I was just like, whatever.
breakingamber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 1:41:57 AM
So its kind of tough for me to fabricate fake claims. I prefer fantasy over sci-fi
- Master Elodin

- Edgedancer