Themeless Double Mafia (Sign-Ups)

TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 1:15:11 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
Introduction

Here's the deal. I firmly believe that Mafia needs smaller, quicker, games. Inactivity, longer DPs filled with crap are ruining the game. So instead of a huge 214 player game, I'm going to do two short, 7 player games. Yes, I'm going to do two games in a row back-to-back. It's 7P each, so that shouldn't be an issue. Don't like it? Don't sign up.

Who can play?

Additionally, while this is not an invitation-only game, I'm reserving the sign-ups for established, proficient players. Established is easy. If you've played many games and know who I am, you're probably established. Proficient, well that's a bit subjective so I'll be making judgment calls. So anyone can try and sign-up all they want, but I'll be kicking you out if you don't make the cut.

Inactivity and Replacements

In short, there will be no replacements. Nada. Zilch. F that. If you can't commit, don't play. If you're inactive, you get the boot. Simple as that. Here is how it works:

The Day Phase Ends when:

There is a majority vote for a no lynch or lynch AND (The day phase has been up for at least 24 hours OR everyone has placed a vote somewhere)

OR

The day phase has been up for at least 72 hours.

When the day phase ends, anyone who hasn't posted will be mod killed. That means if you can't post at least once per 24 hour period, then you run the risk of getting axed if there is a quick lynch. So, commit and be active. If you can't, don't sign up.

The Night Phase Ends when:

Everyone has submitted night actions (if applicable) OR The night phase has been up for at least 48 hours.

Again, if you have a night action and haven't submitted one, you get mod killed.

Design:

The game is themeless and closed. There are roles only. No fancy mechanics and no custom roles. Sign-ups are for both games. Anyone that wants to opt out of the second can, and you are automatically opted out if you are modkilled. If necessary, I will post supplementary sign-ups to fill in any blanks.

Cobalt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 5:18:57 PM
I'd like to join. In the past month I've been part of MLP, Pokemon, Mythological Creatures and Robot. I was quite active in all of those games, except near the end of Robot where it benefited by wincon.

Up to you as to whether that qualifies as established and proficient.
Forever23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 12:52:49 AM
At 1/13/2016 1:15:11 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
Introduction

Here's the deal. I firmly believe that Mafia needs smaller, quicker, games. Inactivity, longer DPs filled with crap are ruining the game. So instead of a huge 214 player game, I'm going to do two short, 7 player games. Yes, I'm going to do two games in a row back-to-back. It's 7P each, so that shouldn't be an issue. Don't like it? Don't sign up.

Who can play?

Additionally, while this is not an invitation-only game, I'm reserving the sign-ups for established, proficient players. Established is easy. If you've played many games and know who I am, you're probably established. Proficient, well that's a bit subjective so I'll be making judgment calls. So anyone can try and sign-up all they want, but I'll be kicking you out if you don't make the cut.

In short, there will be no replacements. Nada. Zilch. F that. If you can't commit, don't play. If you're inactive, you get the boot. Simple as that. Here is how it works:

The Day Phase Ends when:

There is a majority vote for a no lynch or lynch AND (The day phase has been up for at least 24 hours OR everyone has placed a vote somewhere)

OR

When the day phase ends, anyone who hasn't posted will be mod killed. That means if you can't post at least once per 24 hour period, then you run the risk of getting axed if there is a quick lynch. So, commit and be active. If you can't, don't sign up.

Everyone has submitted night actions (if applicable) OR The night phase has been up for at least 48 hours.

Again, if you have a night action and haven't submitted one, you get mod killed.

Design:

The game is themeless and closed. There are roles only. No fancy mechanics and no custom roles. Sign-ups are for both games. Anyone that wants to opt out of the second can, and you are automatically opted out if you are modkilled. If necessary, I will post supplementary sign-ups to fill in any blanks.

1. Cobalt
2. Forever23 (Ive played before... A lot)
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 2:56:14 AM
Yes! This is what I'm talking about. 100% agree with smaller, faster games.

That said, I don't know if I'm available lol. Does the game start when sign-ups are filled, or is there a later starting date?
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 3:31:07 AM
At 1/14/2016 2:56:14 AM, Maikuru wrote:
Yes! This is what I'm talking about. 100% agree with smaller, faster games.

That said, I don't know if I'm available lol. Does the game start when sign-ups are filled, or is there a later starting date?

For you, I'm flexible.
Cobalt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 4:09:35 AM
I hate to be that guy, but could you update the list of who you're accepting.

If I am not accepted in this game, I'll be on the lookout for other games/activities that can occupy my time. (I spend some time every night playing a variety of forum games because that's how I do.)
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 4:56:33 AM
Not sure yet if I want to join. Going to see who else signs up. I realize part of it is a cycle - more experienced players want to sign up if they see other experienced players so that's partly why I'm responding to the PM in thread.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 4:58:51 AM
I'll sign up :)
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 5:02:45 AM
At 1/14/2016 4:58:51 AM, Buddamoose wrote:

Will both be going on same time? Or one after the other? Cause if one after the other, I'll sign up for the first, and probably be cool with playing the second. If at the same time, just one game is good. This of course, assumes I meet the qualifications to play, which would be up to you.
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 9:06:15 AM
At 1/14/2016 12:52:49 AM, Forever23 wrote:
Introduction

Who can play?

The Day Phase Ends when:

OR

Design:

1. Cobalt
2. Forever23 (Ive played before... A lot)
3. fire_wings (I played three games, but was lynched in the first every time.)
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 4:55:51 PM
I have played 6 games. Is that enough to be at least proficient? If so, I am in.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 6:53:13 PM
At 1/14/2016 5:02:45 AM, Buddamoose wrote:

Will both be going on same time? Or one after the other? Cause if one after the other, I'll sign up for the first, and probably be cool with playing the second. If at the same time, just one game is good. This of course, assumes I meet the qualifications to play, which would be up to you.

One after the other.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 6:55:32 PM
At 1/14/2016 6:54:21 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
Sign-Ups
1. Maikuru
2. Buddamoose
3. headphonegut
4. F-16 (maybe)

I am not in? :(
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
breakingamber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 7:07:30 PM
I've played a couple games, on accord of 3 or 4. Can I join? I'm much better at small games like in the old days than long games nowadays
MAY THE WRATH OF THE MODS BE UPON YOU!
- Master Elodin

"When will [Obliteration] learn that Funtimes' plan of saving/destroying the world with pancakes is the only way? "
"She wouldn't even have to make real pancakes! Just the batter, and Obliteration could cook it with his powers! OBLITERATION, YOU'RE WASTING YOUR TALENTS"
- Voidus and TwiLyghtSansSparkles

"An Epic stage magician and a zombie dinosaur? She sure as Braize won"t pull the line there!"
- Edgedancer
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 7:16:50 PM
At 1/14/2016 6:55:32 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
Sign-Ups
1. Maikuru
2. Buddamoose
3. headphonegut
4. F-16 (maybe)

No you are not. I have no idea who you are. Is this an alt?
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 7:23:31 PM
At 1/14/2016 7:16:50 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 1/14/2016 6:55:32 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
Sign-Ups
1. Maikuru
2. Buddamoose
3. headphonegut
4. F-16 (maybe)

No you are not. I have no idea who you are. Is this an alt?

No. I have been here a year. I am surprised you don't know who I am, lol. I am one of the better "new" mafia players.
Suh dude

spacetime
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 8:18:53 PM
Might as well have made it an invitation-only game, lol

I'm not even going to try signing up.
Call me King Pootie Tang.
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 8:25:14 PM
At 1/14/2016 8:11:59 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
I'll /in if F-16 is in.

I'll be honest. I was watching bsh1 game and I'm not particularly comfortable with some of your behavior, specifically the references to people (individually or generally) as stupid or idiotic or some variation. I've also been impressed with a lot of what you've provided and I can see where you've gotten frustrated.

I'm happy for you to join, but I'd prefer a less antagonism of that nature.

Sign-Ups
1. Maikuru
2. Buddamoose
3. headphonegut
4. F-16 (maybe)
5. FT (Maybe)
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 8:45:05 PM
At 1/14/2016 8:25:14 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:

I'd also like to know whether there's a specific time you have in mind for this to run. I'm interested in this smaller game setup, but I'll only have time after next week.

Idk about established (I've played quite a few games on here, and I remember you from playing FT's Nightless though I wasn't very good back then), but I think I can be considered proficient by now. I've played in more beginner series than I care to count, some of them as a ringer. Also Solon's Fire Emblem Mafia, Bsh1's Literature Mafia, Bullish's Illusionists Mafia, TUF's Clash of Clans Mafia, Smithereens' Witch Hunters Mafia, and Bsh1's Mythological Creatures Mafia (which is still ongoing but I died in it). There have probably been more that I'm forgetting, but these come to mind.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 8:49:50 PM
I can't play this for the same reason I had to drop out of DDO jeopardy today -- one of my projects was just pushed up by a month today and I need to really buckle down to complete it.

TGAP is a great mod and everyone should sign up for these two games.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Forever23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 1:49:03 AM
I'll /in if F-16 is in.

I'll be honest. I was watching bsh1 game and I'm not particularly comfortable with some of your behavior, specifically the references to people (individually or generally) as stupid or idiotic or some variation. I've also been impressed with a lot of what you've provided and I can see where you've gotten frustrated.

Sign-Ups
1. Maikuru
2. Buddamoose
3. headphonegut
4. F-16 (maybe)
5. FT (Maybe)

Wtf? Why am I not in? I know who you are and I was in pokemon...
Forever23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 1:51:01 AM
I'll /in if F-16 is in.

Sign-Ups
1. Maikuru
2. Buddamoose
3. headphonegut
4. F-16 (maybe)
5. FT (Maybe)

Ive played mafia before... So, why am I not in!?
Cobalt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 3:36:28 AM
At 1/15/2016 1:51:01 AM, Forever23 wrote:
I'll /in if F-16 is in.

Sign-Ups
1. Maikuru
2. Buddamoose
3. headphonegut
4. F-16 (maybe)
5. FT (Maybe)

I believe TGP is looking for players that are active and talented. He seems to be basing activity off of "friendly faces", which is understandable.

You are probably not allowed in this game because, all though you are active, you haven't demonstrated much talent. Your DP behavior is full of logical inconsistencies, ill-formed reads and posts that don't add much to the game.

Similarly, I lack consistency, good reads and I tend to get hostile in the wee hours of the night. We don't make the cut now -- but that's why we play the game. Every win or loss makes us better players. Don't be mad that you aren't allowed in this game. If you continue to play other games, you'll soon be considered "proficient and established".
Forever23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 5:59:24 PM
At 1/15/2016 3:36:28 AM, Cobalt wrote:
At 1/15/2016 1:51:01 AM, Forever23 wrote:
I'll /in if F-16 is in.

Sign-Ups
1. Maikuru
2. Buddamoose
3. headphonegut
4. F-16 (maybe)
5. FT (Maybe)

I believe TGP is looking for players that are active and talented. He seems to be basing activity off of "friendly faces", which is understandable.

You are probably not allowed in this game because, all though you are active, you haven't demonstrated much talent. Your DP behavior is full of logical inconsistencies, ill-formed reads and posts that don't add much to the game.

Similarly, I lack consistency, good reads and I tend to get hostile in the wee hours of the night. We don't make the cut now -- but that's why we play the game. Every win or loss makes us better players. Don't be mad that you aren't allowed in this game. If you continue to play other games, you'll soon be considered "proficient and established".

I never said I was talanted but now that there is that question, what kind of doctor protects himself? While your DP behavior may be slightly better than mine, your usage of your role is horrendous.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 6:37:13 PM
At 1/14/2016 6:53:13 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 1/14/2016 5:02:45 AM, Buddamoose wrote:

One after the other.

excellent, then both it is, although thats pending to change, i should be able to easily participate in both. In fact i have a move coming up here in a week or two that should coincide with, and thus give me plenty of time while i'm traveling to play :D
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion