Beginners' Mafia 43.x: SIGN-UPS

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 5:10:53 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
Welcome to DDO's Mafia University!

Don't know what Mafia is? Have a little knowledge but want to improve? Need practice? Then this is for you!

Mafia University will be a four-game crash course in how to play mafia. Each of the games will teach you specific skills involved in mafia, leaving you with the tools you'll need to be a fierce mafia player. Here is the curriculum:

Game One: Scumhunting
Game Two: Role Madness
Game Three: Themes

Note: These games are designed for maximum exposure, not balance. The idea is to have new players deal with all of the different circumstances that they may commonly run up against in normal mafia games.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 5:11:53 AM
SIGN-UPS

New Players:
1. Janesix (Spot Reserved)
2. Kierhein (Spot Reserved)
3. TheFlex (Spot Reserved)

Ringers (experienced players):
8. Lannan (Spot Reserved)

Replacements (open to all players, preference given to noobs):

Advisers (there role will be specified later):

INFO

I reserve the right to pick the ringers and to decide who is a beginner. If you are not my friend, please add me. Please sign-up only if you have 4-5 weeks to spare. I will co-mod this with Forever; this series will be implemented using a variety of reforms developed by Endark, Saph, Harder, and myself. Thanks!

Credit for this series' setup goes to Khaos and Drafterman.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 5:13:02 AM
/in. Why is there no committee to decide on these beginner games to actually balance them maximum exposure is over rated. It doesn't help us in the long run.
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 5:18:02 AM
At 1/15/2016 5:13:02 AM, headphonegut wrote:
/in. Why is there no committee to decide on these beginner games to actually balance them maximum exposure is over rated. It doesn't help us in the long run.

Please wait to see the reforms prior to critiquing them. You cannot offer valid commentary on something you haven't even seen implemented.

You can be a replacement. You are too unintelligible to be a regular ringer.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 5:21:27 AM
At 1/15/2016 5:18:02 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 1/15/2016 5:13:02 AM, headphonegut wrote:

Please wait to see the reforms prior to critiquing them. You cannot offer valid commentary on something you haven't even seen implemented.

That was the joke.
You can be a replacement. You are too unintelligible to be a regular ringer.
And that was you missing it lol.

/out
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
Cobalt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 5:38:22 AM

HPG functions excellently as one of those "off, but good" players. His random, derisive, but sapient play style could be good for new players to witness.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 5:41:12 AM
At 1/15/2016 5:38:22 AM, Cobalt wrote:

HPG functions excellently as one of those "off, but good" players. His random, derisive, but sapient play style could be good for new players to witness.

The problem is that he is often not clear and can be confusing and convoluted a times. I would prefer to err on the side of clarity for noobs. It's not an issue of him being good or bad, it is an issue of him being able to guide noobs and to cogently explain his thought processes and the game to those noobs.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Cobalt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 5:46:00 AM
At 1/15/2016 5:41:12 AM, bsh1 wrote:

The problem is that he is often not clear and can be confusing and convoluted a times. I would prefer to err on the side of clarity for noobs. It's not an issue of him being good or bad, it is an issue of him being able to guide noobs and to cogently explain his thought processes and the game to those noobs.

I definitely understand that sentiment. Is my play style acceptable for this format? I'm new in the sense I've only been here a month. I've had a few games. I can be quite aggressive.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 5:47:20 AM
At 1/15/2016 5:46:00 AM, Cobalt wrote:

I definitely understand that sentiment. Is my play style acceptable for this format? I'm new in the sense I've only been here a month. I've had a few games. I can be quite aggressive.

Aggression, so long as it is not badgering, is fine. I don't have a problem with diverse playstyles--I just want good communication.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Cobalt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 5:49:28 AM
At 1/15/2016 5:47:20 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 1/15/2016 5:46:00 AM, Cobalt wrote:

Aggression, so long as it is not badgering, is fine. I don't have a problem with diverse playstyles--I just want good communication.

Ah, ok then. I should be well suited to this. I suppose "tunneling" would be a more accurate term than "aggression".
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 5:50:11 AM
At 1/15/2016 5:49:28 AM, Cobalt wrote:
At 1/15/2016 5:47:20 AM, bsh1 wrote:

Ah, ok then. I should be well suited to this. I suppose "tunneling" would be a more accurate term than "aggression".

Okie dokie.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 5:58:39 AM

Che? In what newbie game have I not done this? Don't spread lies about me.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 6:07:56 AM
At 1/15/2016 5:58:39 AM, headphonegut wrote:

Che? In what newbie game have I not done this? Don't spread lies about me.

You can be nigh incomprehensible, HPG--it's purely a communication issue with you.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

ObiWan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 7:34:01 AM
I've never played before, but I'd like to give it a shot.
Sign me up as a beginner.
These are not the droids you're looking for.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 2:05:51 PM
/in
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 2:06:57 PM
/in
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 4:33:17 PM
At 1/15/2016 5:10:53 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Welcome to DDO's Mafia University!

Don't know what Mafia is? Have a little knowledge but want to improve? Need practice? Then this is for you!

Mafia University will be a four-game crash course in how to play mafia. Each of the games will teach you specific skills involved in mafia, leaving you with the tools you'll need to be a fierce mafia player. Here is the curriculum:

Game One: Scumhunting
Game Two: Role Madness
Game Three: Themes

Note: These games are designed for maximum exposure, not balance. The idea is to have new players deal with all of the different circumstances that they may commonly run up against in normal mafia games.

/in too

Place me wherever. This is my first game.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 4:36:33 PM
At 1/15/2016 5:10:53 AM, bsh1 wrote:

If you need a ringer place me in. I have 6-7 games under my belt. If you don't need ringers, put me in as a replacement if you need one of those.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 4:48:12 PM
/in replacement
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Bob13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 4:56:07 PM
At 1/15/2016 5:11:53 AM, bsh1 wrote:
SIGN-UPS

New Players:

INFO

I reserve the right to pick the ringers and to decide who is a beginner. If you are not my friend, please add me. Please sign-up only if you have 4-5 weeks to spare. I will co-mod this with Forever; this series will be implemented using a variety of reforms developed by Endark, Saph, Harder, and myself. Thanks!

Can you add me as a new player?
I don't have a signature. :-)
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 7:39:45 PM
Confirming my sign-up.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
cocaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2016 8:02:25 PM
At 1/15/2016 5:11:53 AM, bsh1 wrote:
SIGN-UPS

New Players:

9. cocaine

INFO

if i cannot be a ringer, i guess make me an advisor