Total Posts:72|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

---Mythological Creatures Mafia: DP4---

bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 4:13:36 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
DIED LAST DP

YYW - You are a TOMTE. Because you are the guardian of the household, protecting it from all manner of enemies and blocking their entrance across the threshold, you are the 3-shot ROLEBLOCKER. At night, you may select a player and prevent them from using their role. You win with the mafia.

DIED IN THE NIGHT

Coca - You are a BOGGART. You pick a family and spend your life with them--pestering, harassing, and even terrorizing them. Any attempt they make to flee to a different, Boggart-free, house will be futile, as you will relentlessly track them to their new residence. You are the TRACKER. Each night you may select a player and you will learn who they visit. You win with the town.

GRAVEYARD

YYW - Tomte, Roleblocker - Mafia
Coca - Boggart, Tracker - Town
Forever - Phoenix, Popular - Mafia
Saph - Werewolf, Gunsmith - Town
HPG - Banshee, Vanilla - Town
Voice - Grendel, Vigilante - TP (Town)
Cobalt - Gremlin, Randomizer - Town
FT/Budda - Jotunn, Doctor - Town

LIVING PLAYERS

Smithers
Blazro
Midnight
Vaar
Trekie (Breaking)
Dalt
Space (316)
Lannan (XLAV)
Cobalt (Wylted)

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.
The DP ends at 10:05pm, Central Time, on 1/17/16.
Note that the DP is now shorter.


Good luck! Let the games begin.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 4:13:55 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
ATTENTION

Cobalt is replacing in for Wylted.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
lannan13
Posts: 23,111
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 4:17:15 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
Jesus fvck I am tired.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Cobalt
Posts: 991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 4:37:08 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
Well I'm just so glad to be back.

I'm going to find out what happened the last two DP, then contribute.
Cobalt
Posts: 991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 4:48:29 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
My character is tangentially related to my role and, as such, I will not be claiming anything for you guys unless absolutely necessary.
lannan13
Posts: 23,111
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 5:12:50 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
Smithereens is town.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Cobalt
Posts: 991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 5:47:07 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
Well that was a fun read. The ending to both of the last two DP seemed unusual, though I cannot fairly judge given my lack of experience in this medium. This is my long "reads and etc." post. The tl;dr is at the bottom, for those interested. (I'm looking at you, spacetime.)

I went through both previous DP and made notes along the way. In DP2, I was quite confident of two things:

1. HPG was inno - His handling of the Forever role conf and the subsequent pressure applied to him by YYW indicated his towniness to me.

2. Saph was scum - In post 22 she doesn't recognize the possibility of a role blocker, in 69 she was very late to Forever's role conf. party, in 89 she defends Forever using the "noob" card, in 109 she redirects toward me (Wylted) away from Forever, and shortly after in post 129 she redirects from coc's idea that YYW is scum toward Forever, who she just redirected away from.

And both of these people die and flip town. Additional DP2 reads include:

1. Midnight makes it a point to show that popular can be maf aligned. Read as town.

2. Smith claims to have shot Forever (implying a role blocker, which existed). In post 78 Smith seems uninterested in Forever's role confirmation. Read as null, lean scum worst case scenario.

~~~~~
My DP3 reads are hopefully more accurate than my DP2 reads.

1. Daltonian suggests Smith might be SK in post 14. In 64, he makes it a point to show YYW is lurking, then supports coc as tracker. After that, he then defends the tracker, should coc's information imply guilt. Read as null, slight town lean. It's possible that Dalt knows Smith is either TP or Vig simply given that YYW roleblocked her and two kills were not witnessed. In other words, could be maf trying to kill two birds with one stone (gaining town cred and getting rid of non-maf player with a gun) or he could simply be a reasonable townie.

2. Smith - Argues YYW is townfirmed in 33. A generally logic player, I am suspicious Smith accepts this (or any) not actually confirmed confirmation, especially given the fact that YYW was clearly not aware he had the hammer. In post 50 she again argues for YYW's towniness, but includes a fair amount of logic. Read as possible TP (SK). Smith could be town who is simply arguing for YYW based upon a lack of respect for the possibility of the improbable and the psychological bias that YYW would play as scum the same way Smith would play as scum -- or Smith is a SK who is trying to pass of as a vig. It seems unbalanced that town would have double the killing power of maf, but if each of town, TP and maf had one kill per night, that would be more balanced (albeit bloody balance.)

3. Vaarka - Wasn't very involved in the role confirmation of Forever, but later agrees that YYW is not town confirmed. This followed the posts by others (like MIdnight) who already demonstrated that Forever was not townfirmed. In post 53, Vaarka doesn't seem to like how quickly the YYW wagon is building. Read as null, slight tilt scum. Vaarka hasn't supported the events that led to the lynching of two maf. However, sound logic did back up the reasons for this lack of support.

4. Everyone else -- Not enough talk to read anything. Space talked the most out of the inactive group, but was entirely useless. Blaz just jumped on wagons at random and trek barely got anything out. This may be understandable for the inactives who aren't Blaz, though, as the DP was unusually short.

So, VTL Smithers on suspicion of being SK. I would like to know who you targeted NP2 and NP3. I would also like a response to my critique, as it regards you.

-----------------------
TL;DR;

I read Smith as TP.
I read Midnight as town.
I read Dalt as slight town.
I read Vaarka as slight scum.
I have no substantial reads on other players. I have a bad gut feeling regarding space.
Cobalt
Posts: 991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 5:47:50 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/16/2016 5:12:50 AM, lannan13 wrote:
Smithereens is town.

I spend an hour on a post that eventually concludes Smith is a SK, then I see this.

Why are you so confident that Smith is town?
lannan13
Posts: 23,111
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 5:58:41 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/16/2016 5:47:50 AM, Cobalt wrote:
At 1/16/2016 5:12:50 AM, lannan13 wrote:
Smithereens is town.

I spend an hour on a post that eventually concludes Smith is a SK, then I see this.

Why are you so confident that Smith is town?

I am the role stealer. I took Smith's role, hence no extra NK last night. He is/was the Ninja, but the semifunny thing is that since I am not "authorized" to preform the Night Kill then. Before you think he's instant mafia due to the wording you have to realize that if he were mafia I would have died.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Posts: 23,111
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 6:03:09 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
With that said you can easily lynch me. When I flip innocent it will town confirm him. It would be idiotic for any mafia member to do this for their teammate.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Posts: 23,111
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 6:03:31 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
The above is assuming if you do not believe me.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Posts: 23,111
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 6:03:55 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
I have to work from 10 to 9 tomorrow so I'll be gone most of the day.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Cobalt
Posts: 991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 6:04:24 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/16/2016 5:58:41 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 1/16/2016 5:47:50 AM, Cobalt wrote:
At 1/16/2016 5:12:50 AM, lannan13 wrote:
Smithereens is town.

I spend an hour on a post that eventually concludes Smith is a SK, then I see this.

Why are you so confident that Smith is town?

I am the role stealer. I took Smith's role, hence no extra NK last night. He is/was the Ninja, but the semifunny thing is that since I am not "authorized" to preform the Night Kill then. Before you think he's instant mafia due to the wording you have to realize that if he were mafia I would have died.

So what you just said, but in a way that makes sense. You're role stealer and Smith is the ninja. Did you effectively steal the role? What's her ability? What do you mean you are not "authorized" to preform a nk? When you stole the role? Did you try and use it to kill someone? Who, if so?
lannan13
Posts: 23,111
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 6:08:43 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/16/2016 6:04:24 AM, Cobalt wrote:
At 1/16/2016 5:58:41 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 1/16/2016 5:47:50 AM, Cobalt wrote:
At 1/16/2016 5:12:50 AM, lannan13 wrote:
Smithereens is town.

I spend an hour on a post that eventually concludes Smith is a SK, then I see this.

Why are you so confident that Smith is town?

I am the role stealer. I took Smith's role, hence no extra NK last night. He is/was the Ninja, but the semifunny thing is that since I am not "authorized" to preform the Night Kill then. Before you think he's instant mafia due to the wording you have to realize that if he were mafia I would have died.

So what you just said, but in a way that makes sense. You're role stealer and Smith is the ninja. Did you effectively steal the role? What's her ability? What do you mean you are not "authorized" to preform a nk? When you stole the role? Did you try and use it to kill someone? Who, if so?

First off Smith is a guy, so... Next, I did effectively stole his role since the mod showed me the role which I assume was a CP of his role and Smithers became a vanilla. I'm not "authorized" meaning that for some reason I wasn't able to steal the NK portion, but yet Smithereens still became a vanilla which would negate the Night Kill role. I stole this role on NP2. I wasn't able to use it since I'm not able to use a Ninja on anyone without a role to fill it.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Cobalt
Posts: 991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 6:14:19 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/16/2016 6:08:43 AM, lannan13 wrote:

First off Smith is a guy, so... Next, I did effectively stole his role since the mod showed me the role which I assume was a CP of his role and Smithers became a vanilla. I'm not "authorized" meaning that for some reason I wasn't able to steal the NK portion, but yet Smithereens still became a vanilla which would negate the Night Kill role. I stole this role on NP2. I wasn't able to use it since I'm not able to use a Ninja on anyone without a role to fill it.

Ah, I just assumed he was a girl since his profile gender is listed as "female".

So you stole the role from her, but are unable to use it?
lannan13
Posts: 23,111
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 6:15:14 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/16/2016 6:14:19 AM, Cobalt wrote:
At 1/16/2016 6:08:43 AM, lannan13 wrote:

First off Smith is a guy, so... Next, I did effectively stole his role since the mod showed me the role which I assume was a CP of his role and Smithers became a vanilla. I'm not "authorized" meaning that for some reason I wasn't able to steal the NK portion, but yet Smithereens still became a vanilla which would negate the Night Kill role. I stole this role on NP2. I wasn't able to use it since I'm not able to use a Ninja on anyone without a role to fill it.

Ah, I just assumed he was a girl since his profile gender is listed as "female".

So you stole the role from her, but are unable to use it?

Him and yes.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Cobalt
Posts: 991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 6:17:05 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/16/2016 6:15:14 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 1/16/2016 6:14:19 AM, Cobalt wrote:
At 1/16/2016 6:08:43 AM, lannan13 wrote:

First off Smith is a guy, so... Next, I did effectively stole his role since the mod showed me the role which I assume was a CP of his role and Smithers became a vanilla. I'm not "authorized" meaning that for some reason I wasn't able to steal the NK portion, but yet Smithereens still became a vanilla which would negate the Night Kill role. I stole this role on NP2. I wasn't able to use it since I'm not able to use a Ninja on anyone without a role to fill it.

Ah, I just assumed he was a girl since his profile gender is listed as "female".

So you stole the role from her, but are unable to use it?

Him and yes.

Yes, sorry. I guess the false gender and the anime picture of the girl implies a female gender. Him, him, him. Got it!

So if you can steal roles, but can't become them, does that mean that you'll be able to steal another role tonight?
lannan13
Posts: 23,111
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 6:17:55 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/16/2016 6:17:05 AM, Cobalt wrote:
At 1/16/2016 6:15:14 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 1/16/2016 6:14:19 AM, Cobalt wrote:
At 1/16/2016 6:08:43 AM, lannan13 wrote:

First off Smith is a guy, so... Next, I did effectively stole his role since the mod showed me the role which I assume was a CP of his role and Smithers became a vanilla. I'm not "authorized" meaning that for some reason I wasn't able to steal the NK portion, but yet Smithereens still became a vanilla which would negate the Night Kill role. I stole this role on NP2. I wasn't able to use it since I'm not able to use a Ninja on anyone without a role to fill it.

Ah, I just assumed he was a girl since his profile gender is listed as "female".

So you stole the role from her, but are unable to use it?

Him and yes.

Yes, sorry. I guess the false gender and the anime picture of the girl implies a female gender. Him, him, him. Got it!

So if you can steal roles, but can't become them, does that mean that you'll be able to steal another role tonight?

No, for whatever reason, I became the Ninja, but can't do anything.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Cobalt
Posts: 991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 6:21:28 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/16/2016 6:17:55 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 1/16/2016 6:17:05 AM, Cobalt wrote:
At 1/16/2016 6:15:14 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 1/16/2016 6:14:19 AM, Cobalt wrote:
At 1/16/2016 6:08:43 AM, lannan13 wrote:

First off Smith is a guy, so... Next, I did effectively stole his role since the mod showed me the role which I assume was a CP of his role and Smithers became a vanilla. I'm not "authorized" meaning that for some reason I wasn't able to steal the NK portion, but yet Smithereens still became a vanilla which would negate the Night Kill role. I stole this role on NP2. I wasn't able to use it since I'm not able to use a Ninja on anyone without a role to fill it.

Ah, I just assumed he was a girl since his profile gender is listed as "female".

So you stole the role from her, but are unable to use it?

Him and yes.

Yes, sorry. I guess the false gender and the anime picture of the girl implies a female gender. Him, him, him. Got it!

So if you can steal roles, but can't become them, does that mean that you'll be able to steal another role tonight?

No, for whatever reason, I became the Ninja, but can't do anything.

Well honestly that sounds like complete crap. Why would mod describe rolestealer as a possible role, but use a non-standard implementation of rolestealer? Additionally, did you receive an alignment report with that steal?
lannan13
Posts: 23,111
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 6:26:20 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/16/2016 6:21:28 AM, Cobalt wrote:
At 1/16/2016 6:17:55 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 1/16/2016 6:17:05 AM, Cobalt wrote:
At 1/16/2016 6:15:14 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 1/16/2016 6:14:19 AM, Cobalt wrote:
At 1/16/2016 6:08:43 AM, lannan13 wrote:

First off Smith is a guy, so... Next, I did effectively stole his role since the mod showed me the role which I assume was a CP of his role and Smithers became a vanilla. I'm not "authorized" meaning that for some reason I wasn't able to steal the NK portion, but yet Smithereens still became a vanilla which would negate the Night Kill role. I stole this role on NP2. I wasn't able to use it since I'm not able to use a Ninja on anyone without a role to fill it.

Ah, I just assumed he was a girl since his profile gender is listed as "female".

So you stole the role from her, but are unable to use it?

Him and yes.

Yes, sorry. I guess the false gender and the anime picture of the girl implies a female gender. Him, him, him. Got it!

So if you can steal roles, but can't become them, does that mean that you'll be able to steal another role tonight?

No, for whatever reason, I became the Ninja, but can't do anything.

Well honestly that sounds like complete crap. Why would mod describe rolestealer as a possible role, but use a non-standard implementation of rolestealer? Additionally, did you receive an alignment report with that steal?

I know what you're talking about and I have no idea why this is the way it is, but I'm just relaying information. He was a townie. If he was TP or mafia I would have died.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Cobalt
Posts: 991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 6:28:47 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/16/2016 6:26:20 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 1/16/2016 6:21:28 AM, Cobalt wrote:
At 1/16/2016 6:17:55 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 1/16/2016 6:17:05 AM, Cobalt wrote:
At 1/16/2016 6:15:14 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 1/16/2016 6:14:19 AM, Cobalt wrote:
At 1/16/2016 6:08:43 AM, lannan13 wrote:

First off Smith is a guy, so... Next, I did effectively stole his role since the mod showed me the role which I assume was a CP of his role and Smithers became a vanilla. I'm not "authorized" meaning that for some reason I wasn't able to steal the NK portion, but yet Smithereens still became a vanilla which would negate the Night Kill role. I stole this role on NP2. I wasn't able to use it since I'm not able to use a Ninja on anyone without a role to fill it.

Ah, I just assumed he was a girl since his profile gender is listed as "female".

So you stole the role from her, but are unable to use it?

Him and yes.

Yes, sorry. I guess the false gender and the anime picture of the girl implies a female gender. Him, him, him. Got it!

So if you can steal roles, but can't become them, does that mean that you'll be able to steal another role tonight?

No, for whatever reason, I became the Ninja, but can't do anything.

Well honestly that sounds like complete crap. Why would mod describe rolestealer as a possible role, but use a non-standard implementation of rolestealer? Additionally, did you receive an alignment report with that steal?

I know what you're talking about and I have no idea why this is the way it is, but I'm just relaying information. He was a townie. If he was TP or mafia I would have died.

Were you told this, or it just an assumption?
lannan13
Posts: 23,111
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 6:47:39 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/16/2016 6:28:47 AM, Cobalt wrote:
At 1/16/2016 6:26:20 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 1/16/2016 6:21:28 AM, Cobalt wrote:
At 1/16/2016 6:17:55 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 1/16/2016 6:17:05 AM, Cobalt wrote:
At 1/16/2016 6:15:14 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 1/16/2016 6:14:19 AM, Cobalt wrote:
At 1/16/2016 6:08:43 AM, lannan13 wrote:

First off Smith is a guy, so... Next, I did effectively stole his role since the mod showed me the role which I assume was a CP of his role and Smithers became a vanilla. I'm not "authorized" meaning that for some reason I wasn't able to steal the NK portion, but yet Smithereens still became a vanilla which would negate the Night Kill role. I stole this role on NP2. I wasn't able to use it since I'm not able to use a Ninja on anyone without a role to fill it.

Ah, I just assumed he was a girl since his profile gender is listed as "female".

So you stole the role from her, but are unable to use it?

Him and yes.

Yes, sorry. I guess the false gender and the anime picture of the girl implies a female gender. Him, him, him. Got it!

So if you can steal roles, but can't become them, does that mean that you'll be able to steal another role tonight?

No, for whatever reason, I became the Ninja, but can't do anything.

Well honestly that sounds like complete crap. Why would mod describe rolestealer as a possible role, but use a non-standard implementation of rolestealer? Additionally, did you receive an alignment report with that steal?

I know what you're talking about and I have no idea why this is the way it is, but I'm just relaying information. He was a townie. If he was TP or mafia I would have died.

Were you told this, or it just an assumption?

I assumed this due to the fact if it was not a non-town role then I would be dead. I WAS told that he was a vanilla townie.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Posts: 23,111
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 6:48:05 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
^Meaning he is after I stole his role.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
trekie
Posts: 772
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 8:35:47 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/16/2016 5:12:50 AM, lannan13 wrote:
Smithereens is town.
He's absolutely not.
VTL Smithers

At 1/16/2016 5:58:41 AM, lannan13 wrote:
I am the role stealer. I took Smith's role, hence no extra NK last night. He is/was the Ninja, but the semifunny thing is that since I am not "authorized" to preform the Night Kill then. Before you think he's instant mafia due to the wording you have to realize that if he were mafia I would have died.
I WAS told that he was a vanilla townie.
There are so many things wrong with this I don't even know where to start.

Smithers claimed 3-shot Vig not "Town" Ninja. If your rolestealing got you Ninja then he simply lied and is mafia. A rolestealer couldn't steal the mafia faction kill off a mafioso whatever their role is. I'm not yet sure what's going on with the number of night-kills in general, but I don't think it has anything to do with what you did. And you were probably told he became a Vanilla (Goon), not a Vanilla Townie.

At 1/16/2016 6:47:39 AM, lannan13 wrote:
I assumed this due to the fact if it was not a non-town role then I would be dead.
Are you actually claiming that's explicitly stated in your role PM? Or as Cobalt asked, was that just an assumption on your part that the mod hasn't confirmed?
Smithereens
Posts: 5,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 12:02:58 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
Let me clarify my role to all the curious. It's strongman and ninja kill. I can pick anyone I want for death and literally nobody in this game would be able to do anything about it. However, Np1 you'll recall I said that my target didn't die. I wasn't lying.

@Cobalt. In reply to your suspicion, no. You give off the feel as if I knew YYW was scum. I had no idea but I put him high up on my town list because of the fact that he hammered a scum in a situation where that was uncalled for. No, it wasn't accidental either as the reads he provided with his vote called for the death of forever entirely.

Also, while I get the TP thing is plausible, I am a vanilla townie and Lannan can confirm this. I don't really feel motivated to argue something that will only be evident upon my flip, so the fact that someone else knows this and has revealed it should be enough to confirm to all the doubters that I'm more likely town than any other living player here.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
Smithereens
Posts: 5,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 12:07:12 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
Hi Trekie. If you read my vig claim it wasn't because I thought my modifers were scummy that I didn't claim them, it's because I was trying to get the guy who I believed to be the SK lynched. So I CC'd him thinking that he was claiming vig to simply justify his role in a town context. That conversation is still there if you want to read it.

My role is correctly labelled Joat. 3x kills with strongman and Ninja. Idk why Lannan left out strongman, but he should be able to confirm that's there too.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
Smithereens
Posts: 5,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 12:11:45 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
Also I'm not sure how you thought it possible I'm mafia given the information revealed to you. I'm literally a pure killing role. I have a 3x gun and the ability to kill people of my own independent will. I'm glad we have Lannan for this. I find it hard to digest the theory that mafia have a factional kill and another killing role on top of that.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
Smithereens
Posts: 5,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 12:14:27 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/16/2016 4:22:46 AM, Midnight1131 wrote:
That was an interesting end to DP4.

I swear you've had something fluffy to say about everything that's happened so far. What are your reads and who are the scum? With two mafia dead we are presumably looking for two more.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
Smithereens
Posts: 5,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 12:16:18 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
@Dalt.

Maybe it's worth re-evaluating your thoughts from Dp3 given this turn of events. I'd like to know what you think myself and those who've drawn conclusions as to my affiliation already.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...