Total Posts:56|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

You Choose...? Mafia Signups

SolonKR
Posts: 4,040
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2016 7:52:09 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
I had said initially after FE Mafia that I"d tone down the craziness of my games. However, after realizing my policy of "halfsies" is what has been failing me, I decided to go into the opposite direction. All of these are insane. They aren"t "bastard" in the sense that there will be no behind-the-scenes manipulation that unfairly supports one side, but there will certainly be shenanigans. The only surefire thing is that dead players will stay dead (except in set-up #2)

Fire Emblem Mafia II
Learning from my past mistakes, this one will not be based on any particular Fire Emblem, and instead will be based on characters from the entire 14-game franchise. The main twist of this is that almost everyone is a vig. If three players attack the same person in one night, that person dies. Also, expect some other twists. 12-15 players.

One Night Ultimate Werewolf

Based on the physical game, this is a series of four games, each one NP+DP long. It"s a closed set-up, with the roles from the physical game. This entails many roles that switch the roles of other people without their knowledge. It starts at night, and during the day, you have to discreetly figure out your actual role and find a werewolf (or avoid dying) to win. If this one doesn"t get picked, or there are too many players., I can probably get away with doing one single game of it outside of the hopper (as it is only 1 DP). 5-11 players.

Feels Mafia
This game"s theme revolves around anything that can evoke strong, somber emotions. Characters, films, events, etc. I had the most fun devising the actual characters for this one. In terms of mechanics, it is the most standard, but, given this line-up, that isn"t saying much. 12-15 players.

DW Mafia
This revolves around my hands-down favorite manga, Deadman Wonderland. This is by far the craziest set-up, with non-standard roles, win cons, flavors, mechanics, and more. I took some inspiration from DotD Mafia, of all things, for this. Can you handle it? 9-15 players.

Vote for up to two, and then I"ll pick whichever one I actually want to mod (though I will take votes into account). By signing up, you consent to playing in whichever one gets selected.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
lannan13
Posts: 23,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2016 4:15:49 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/17/2016 7:52:09 AM, SolonKR wrote:
I thought you were taking a break from mafia.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,085
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2016 5:20:48 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
1. Forever23- (Deadman Wonderland/ Fire Emblem)
2. 7th (DW) (you had me at DotD)
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
and so on
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
SolonKR
Posts: 4,040
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2016 5:54:58 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/17/2016 4:15:49 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 1/17/2016 7:52:09 AM, SolonKR wrote:
I thought you were taking a break from mafia.

Playing it, yes. I still thoroughly enjoy modding, though.
@Forever: as long as you've completed one beginner's series or regular game, you're good to go.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
lannan13
Posts: 23,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2016 6:00:08 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
1. Forever23- (Deadman Wonderland/ Fire Emblem)
2. 7th (DW) (you had me at DotD)
3. lannan13 (none of the above)
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Forever23
Posts: 988
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2016 6:43:04 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/17/2016 5:54:58 PM, SolonKR wrote:
At 1/17/2016 4:15:49 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 1/17/2016 7:52:09 AM, SolonKR wrote:
I thought you were taking a break from mafia.

Playing it, yes. I still thoroughly enjoy modding, though.
@Forever: as long as you've completed one beginner's series or regular game, you're good to go.

Okay good, then I can enter :)
lannan13
Posts: 23,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2016 7:11:47 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/17/2016 6:43:04 PM, Forever23 wrote:
At 1/17/2016 5:54:58 PM, SolonKR wrote:
At 1/17/2016 4:15:49 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 1/17/2016 7:52:09 AM, SolonKR wrote:
I thought you were taking a break from mafia.

Playing it, yes. I still thoroughly enjoy modding, though.
@Forever: as long as you've completed one beginner's series or regular game, you're good to go.

Okay good, then I can enter :)

The Pokemon mafia does not count.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Cobalt
Posts: 991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2016 7:53:59 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
1. Forever23- (Deadman Wonderland/ Fire Emblem)
2. 7th (DW) (you had me at DotD)
3. lannan13 (none of the above)
4. Cobalt (DW/Feels)
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
.
.
SolonKR
Posts: 4,040
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2016 7:55:18 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/17/2016 7:11:47 PM, lannan13 wrote:
The Pokemon mafia does not count.

?
In any case, she seems decently active in Robot Mafia.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
SolonKR
Posts: 4,040
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2016 6:44:08 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
I see that signups are still rolling along at the speed of crawl.
Bump.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
Forever23
Posts: 988
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2016 7:09:43 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/18/2016 6:44:08 PM, SolonKR wrote:
I see that signups are still rolling along at the speed of crawl.
Bump.

Can I help get some people?
SolonKR
Posts: 4,040
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2016 1:00:30 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/18/2016 7:09:43 PM, Forever23 wrote:
At 1/18/2016 6:44:08 PM, SolonKR wrote:
I see that signups are still rolling along at the speed of crawl.
Bump.

Can I help get some people?

If you have specific people in mind (as there are a fair amount that shun this type of set-up), that would be awesome.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
Vaarka
Posts: 7,533
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2016 2:33:58 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
My current game is probably coming to an end soon. I'll sign up.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 6,542
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2016 2:42:37 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
1. Forever23- (Deadman Wonderland/ Fire Emblem)
2. 7th (DW) (you had me at DotD)
3. lannan13 (none of the above)
4. Cobalt (DW/Feels)
5. The-Voice-of-Truth
6.
7.
8.
9.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 6,542
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2016 2:43:28 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/19/2016 2:42:37 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
1. Forever23- (Deadman Wonderland/ Fire Emblem)
2. 7th (DW) (you had me at DotD)
3. lannan13 (none of the above)
4. Cobalt (DW/Feels)
5. The-Voice-of-Truth (DW/Feels)
6.
7.
8.
9.

Fix'd
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
SolonKR
Posts: 4,040
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2016 3:03:17 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/19/2016 2:33:58 PM, Vaarka wrote:
My current game is probably coming to an end soon. I'll sign up.

Thanks, bby <3

1. Forever23- (Deadman Wonderland/ Fire Emblem)
2. 7th (DW) (you had me at DotD)
3. lannan13 (none of the above)
4. Cobalt (DW/Feels)
5. The-Voice-of-Truth (DW/Feels)
6. Vaarka
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
wipefeetnmat
Posts: 355
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2016 3:59:50 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
1. Forever23- (Deadman Wonderland/ Fire Emblem)
2. 7th (DW) (you had me at DotD)
3. lannan13 (none of the above)
4. Cobalt (DW/Feels)
5. The-Voice-of-Truth (DW/Feels)
6. Vaarka
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12. wipefeetnmat (Feels/FE)

Will this be starting as soon as you get enough people?
Use logic. Get win. Simple as that.
SolonKR
Posts: 4,040
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2016 4:18:28 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/20/2016 3:59:50 AM, wipefeetnmat wrote:
Will this be starting as soon as you get enough people?

It will start once sign-ups are filled and there are not two concurrently running games (running on the assumption that TGAP's is going to be posted soon).
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
breakingamber
Posts: 1,422
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2016 3:19:30 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
/in. I need to reread the choices. Give me a sec.
MAY THE WRATH OF THE MODS BE UPON YOU!
- Master Elodin

"When will [Obliteration] learn that Funtimes' plan of saving/destroying the world with pancakes is the only way? "
"She wouldn't even have to make real pancakes! Just the batter, and Obliteration could cook it with his powers! OBLITERATION, YOU'RE WASTING YOUR TALENTS"
- Voidus and TwiLyghtSansSparkles

"An Epic stage magician and a zombie dinosaur? She sure as Braize won"t pull the line there!"
- Edgedancer
breakingamber
Posts: 1,422
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2016 3:20:41 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
Ok. Both votes on the Fire Emblem one.
MAY THE WRATH OF THE MODS BE UPON YOU!
- Master Elodin

"When will [Obliteration] learn that Funtimes' plan of saving/destroying the world with pancakes is the only way? "
"She wouldn't even have to make real pancakes! Just the batter, and Obliteration could cook it with his powers! OBLITERATION, YOU'RE WASTING YOUR TALENTS"
- Voidus and TwiLyghtSansSparkles

"An Epic stage magician and a zombie dinosaur? She sure as Braize won"t pull the line there!"
- Edgedancer
SolonKR
Posts: 4,040
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2016 12:39:01 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
1. Forever23- (Deadman Wonderland/ Fire Emblem)
2. 7th (DW) (you had me at DotD)
3. lannan13 (none of the above)
4. Cobalt (DW/Feels)
5. The-Voice-of-Truth (DW/Feels)
6. Vaarka
7. breakingamber (FE)
8.
9.
10.
11.
12. wipefeetnmat (Feels/FE)

DW - 4
Feels - 2
FE - 3
Apathy - 2
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,679
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2016 1:41:21 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/17/2016 7:52:09 AM, SolonKR wrote:
I had said initially after FE Mafia that I"d tone down the craziness of my games. However, after realizing my policy of "halfsies" is what has been failing me, I decided to go into the opposite direction. All of these are insane. They aren"t "bastard" in the sense that there will be no behind-the-scenes manipulation that unfairly supports one side, but there will certainly be shenanigans. The only surefire thing is that dead players will stay dead (except in set-up #2)

Fire Emblem Mafia II
Learning from my past mistakes, this one will not be based on any particular Fire Emblem, and instead will be based on characters from the entire 14-game franchise. The main twist of this is that almost everyone is a vig. If three players attack the same person in one night, that person dies. Also, expect some other twists. 12-15 players.

One Night Ultimate Werewolf

Based on the physical game, this is a series of four games, each one NP+DP long. It"s a closed set-up, with the roles from the physical game. This entails many roles that switch the roles of other people without their knowledge. It starts at night, and during the day, you have to discreetly figure out your actual role and find a werewolf (or avoid dying) to win. If this one doesn"t get picked, or there are too many players., I can probably get away with doing one single game of it outside of the hopper (as it is only 1 DP). 5-11 players.

Feels Mafia
This game"s theme revolves around anything that can evoke strong, somber emotions. Characters, films, events, etc. I had the most fun devising the actual characters for this one. In terms of mechanics, it is the most standard, but, given this line-up, that isn"t saying much. 12-15 players.

DW Mafia
This revolves around my hands-down favorite manga, Deadman Wonderland. This is by far the craziest set-up, with non-standard roles, win cons, flavors, mechanics, and more. I took some inspiration from DotD Mafia, of all things, for this. Can you handle it? 9-15 players.

Vote for up to two, and then I"ll pick whichever one I actually want to mod (though I will take votes into account). By signing up, you consent to playing in whichever one gets selected.


le /in
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
SolonKR
Posts: 4,040
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2016 1:43:35 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
1. Forever23- (Deadman Wonderland/ Fire Emblem)
2. 7th (DW) (you had me at DotD)
3. lannan13 (none of the above)
4. Cobalt (DW/Feels)
5. The-Voice-of-Truth (DW/Feels)
6. Vaarka
7. breakingamber (FE)
8. Uther
9. Kazuto
10.
11.
12. wipefeetnmat (Feels/FE)

DW - 4
Feels - 2
FE - 3
Apathy - 4
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 6,542
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2016 1:51:09 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/23/2016 1:43:35 AM, SolonKR wrote:

Would you like assistance in finding 2 more players?
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
SolonKR
Posts: 4,040
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2016 1:52:24 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/23/2016 1:51:09 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 1/23/2016 1:43:35 AM, SolonKR wrote:

Would you like assistance in finding 2 more players?

'Twould be much appreciated.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
wipefeetnmat
Posts: 355
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 12:53:33 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/25/2016 9:54:01 PM, SolonKR wrote:
We only need two more!
Bump.

Would a complete newbie be allowed in?
Use logic. Get win. Simple as that.
SolonKR
Posts: 4,040
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 5:11:53 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/26/2016 12:53:33 AM, wipefeetnmat wrote:
Would a complete newbie be allowed in?

I'd rather not.
Bump again.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3