---Mythological Creatures Mafia: DP6---

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 5:16:01 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
DIED IN THE NIGHT

Lannan (XLAV) - You are a HARPY. Harpies steal food from their victims as they eat, thus preventing them from ever eating. Since you are a thief, you are the JOAT. You have the following 3-shot abilities: STRONGMAN and NINJA. As Strongman, if you carry out the NK, you will bypass protective abilities. As Ninja, if you carry out the NK, you will not be observed by Trackers or Watchers. You win with the town.

[Hidden Flavor: You are 1x Random. If you use your ability, your target will be randomized.]

GRAVEYARD

Lannan - Harpy, JOAT - Town
Smithers - Unicorn, Vanilla/Goon - Mafia
Trekie - Loogaroo, JOAT - Town
YYW - Tomte, Roleblocker - Mafia
Coca - Boggart, Tracker - Town
Forever - Phoenix, Popular - Mafia
Saph - Werewolf, Gunsmith - Town
HPG - Banshee, Vanilla - Town
Voice - Grendel, Vigilante - TP (Town)
Cobalt - Gremlin, Randomizer - Town
FT/Budda - Jotunn, Doctor - Town

LIVING PLAYERS

Blazro
Midnight
Vaar
Dalt
Coca (Space) (316)
Cobalt (Wylted)

With 6 players alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch.
The DP ends at 11:00pm, Central Time, on 1/27/16.

Good luck! Let the games begin.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 5:16:18 AM
ATTENTION

Trekie is replacing Coca.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 5:36:36 AM
At 1/25/2016 5:16:18 AM, bsh1 wrote:
ATTENTION

Trekie is replacing Coca.

Coca replaces trekie, who replaces coca
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 5:44:26 AM
I had some problems involving power and ice and snow and falling trees. Aka, my wifi was out for most of the previous DP. I'm going back and reading it now.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 5:57:09 AM
At 1/25/2016 5:44:26 AM, Vaarka wrote:
I had some problems involving power and ice and snow and falling trees. Aka, my wifi was out for most of the previous DP. I'm going back and reading it now.

That...took less than 10 minutes to read.

Yes, sorry for my inactivity (again). From what I've seen, we've settled on lynching inactives? I guess that's not a bad start...
So far, it seems to most inactive people are (of course) myself, trekie/coca, midnight, and blazero, trekie/coca being the least active, right after handsome ol' me. I'd like to hear from trekie though before we decide on a VTL.

trekie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 7:15:51 AM
Blazro, who did you kill on NP1 and NP2? Why? And for the sake of my sanity, why didn't you bring this up before, when people were thinking Smith was SK? For that matter, why didn't you kill Smith on NP2?
trekie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 9:43:14 AM
I also want at least character claims from most people. Dalt can go last or not at all if he doesn't want to. I'm a Chimera.
BlazingRodent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 1:19:24 PM
At 1/25/2016 7:15:51 AM, trekie wrote:
Blazro, who did you kill on NP1 and NP2? Why? And for the sake of my sanity, why didn't you bring this up before, when people were thinking Smith was SK? For that matter, why didn't you kill Smith on NP2?

I did not scumread Smithers back then. I gained the role of a 2 shot vigilante and killed two people who I thought were mafia. Cobalt and HPG.
trekie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 3:05:54 PM
At 1/25/2016 1:19:24 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
I did not scumread Smithers back then. I gained the role of a 2 shot vigilante and killed two people who I thought were mafia. Cobalt and HPG.
All right. Cobalt and HPG make sense with your third to last post from DP1. I'm using "sense" in the broadest way possible, but I don't see how you could be mafia, so it doesn't matter.
BlazingRodent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 3:25:43 PM
At 1/25/2016 3:05:54 PM, trekie wrote:
At 1/25/2016 1:19:24 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
All right. Cobalt and HPG make sense with your third to last post from DP1. I'm using "sense" in the broadest way possible, but I don't see how you could be mafia, so it doesn't matter.

What are your thoughts on Midnight?
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 3:56:21 PM
At 1/25/2016 9:43:14 AM, trekie wrote:
I also want at least character claims from most people. Dalt can go last or not at all if he doesn't want to. I'm a Chimera.

Simple character claims I think are okay, but if it's gonna be blatantly obvious what your role is if you claim, then don't claim. There's only one scum left, and while the idea of claiming could help town, it could possibly help him as well.

There's also the possibility that we're dealing with an SK. For all we know, the mafia team may be gone and all that's left is an SK.

trekie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 4:12:51 PM
At 1/25/2016 3:56:21 PM, Vaarka wrote:
Simple character claims I think are okay, but if it's gonna be blatantly obvious what your role is if you claim, then don't claim. There's only one scum left, and while the idea of claiming could help town, it could possibly help him as well.
Is this your runabout way of saying that you don't want to claim?
There's also the possibility that we're dealing with an SK. For all we know, the mafia team may be gone and all that's left is an SK.
That woud be only possible if Blaze was the SK and if he hit a Bulletproof on NP3. It's not impossible but I think it's a stretch.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 4:18:00 PM
At 1/25/2016 4:12:51 PM, trekie wrote:
At 1/25/2016 3:56:21 PM, Vaarka wrote:
Is this your runabout way of saying that you don't want to claim?
No I'm saying we shouldn't full claim. I'm fine with a character claim if you guys want it.
That woud be only possible if Blaze was the SK and if he hit a Bulletproof on NP3. It's not impossible but I think it's a stretch.

trekie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 5:59:12 PM
At 1/25/2016 3:25:43 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
I lean more town on him than scum but I'm not super confident about it. He had a post way back when on DP1 where he pushed Forever about an internal inconsistency. That post had a legitimate scumhunt-y feel to it, plus it happened before Forever blew up on DP2 and everybody and their mother started to scum-read him. The skepticism about the popular claim helps too but that could have been simply coming from distancing and an informed perspective. As such I didn't really like that his first post on DP3 was to emphasise that he called it. After that he didn't do anything noteworthy other than voting for the obvious scum-wagons.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 6:09:29 PM
At 1/25/2016 5:59:12 PM, trekie wrote:
I lean more town on him than scum but I'm not super confident about it. He had a post way back when on DP1 where he pushed Forever about an internal inconsistency. That post had a legitimate scumhunt-y feel to it, plus it happened before Forever blew up on DP2 and everybody and their mother started to scum-read him. The skepticism about the popular claim helps too but that could have been simply coming from distancing and an informed perspective. As such I didn't really like that his first post on DP3 was to emphasise that he called it. After that he didn't do anything noteworthy other than voting for the obvious scum-wagons.

To be honest, I kind of agree with this. While he hasn't done anything overly scummy, I can't really recall him doing anything very significant, other than point out that popular has a chance of being scum.

BlazingRodent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 6:14:13 PM
At 1/25/2016 6:09:29 PM, Vaarka wrote:

To be honest, I kind of agree with this. While he hasn't done anything overly scummy, I can't really recall him doing anything very significant, other than point out that popular has a chance of being scum.

It's just the fact that there is likely one mafia left, and I don't scumread anyone.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 6:20:20 PM
At 1/25/2016 6:14:13 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:

It's just the fact that there is likely one mafia left, and I don't scumread anyone.

I don't really scum read anyone either. Everyone is kind of in that nullish gray zone, and it's either because they've done nothing specifically towny or scummy, or I just haven't seen enough from them to get a good read.

BlazingRodent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 6:21:47 PM
At 1/25/2016 6:20:20 PM, Vaarka wrote:

I don't really scum read anyone either. Everyone is kind of in that nullish gray zone, and it's either because they've done nothing specifically towny or scummy, or I just haven't seen enough from them to get a good read.

Yeah.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 6:24:55 PM
At 1/25/2016 6:21:47 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
At 1/25/2016 6:20:20 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Yeah.

Which is why I'm starting to think at least a soft character claim from some of us isn't a bad idea. Hopefully, it would stir up some discussion, and maybe our reads can start to shift around.

trekie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 8:06:53 PM
That's not exactly what I was trying to say. Out of my unsure reads, Midnight is at the towniest end of the scale because of the DP1 post I'd mentioned.

Also, you better be kidding about getting "soft" character claims. How's a soft character claim will be any help to distinguish between scum and town during this DP? You are looking at this like you are expecting us to mislynch and that roles will still matter beyond this point.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 8:13:08 PM
At 1/25/2016 8:06:53 PM, trekie wrote:
That's not exactly what I was trying to say. Out of my unsure reads, Midnight is at the towniest end of the scale because of the DP1 post I'd mentioned.

Also, you better be kidding about getting "soft" character claims. How's a soft character claim will be any help to distinguish between scum and town during this DP? You are looking at this like you are expecting us to mislynch and that roles will still matter beyond this point.

When I say soft, I meant more of saying what your character is and that's it. The description part is optional I guess.

Midnight1131
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 9:32:56 PM
At 1/25/2016 8:07:48 PM, trekie wrote:
@Midnight, can you recall the name of the game you where in which had a popular mafioso?

It was months ago in a beginner game.
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
Midnight1131
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 9:38:57 PM
One thing I've noticed is that the mafia seems to be going after all of the active players and trying to leave the inactives for last. We should for sure get a lynch in today.
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
Midnight1131
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 9:41:10 PM
My biggest scumread right now is Vaarka for lack of contribution in pretty much anything. So to move things along...

VTL Vaarka

For claim.
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 10:01:43 PM
VOTE COUNT

Vaar (1/4) - Midnight
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 10:39:33 PM
At 1/25/2016 9:41:10 PM, Midnight1131 wrote:
My biggest scumread right now is Vaarka for lack of contribution in pretty much anything. So to move things along...

VTL Vaarka

For claim.

I'm willing to character claim. I'm the Ogre.