Jump to topic:

agar.io "teams" suck

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 6:54:28 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
I don't play games, but have been enjoying aragar.io. I think the entire concept of "teams" breaks the model of the game in my mind. I think there is room for "social" interaction within the model, but not the team idea that seems to have become prevalent.

THoughts?
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 10:29:32 PM
I still don't know what this is.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 10:41:03 PM
At 1/28/2016 6:54:28 PM, TBR wrote:
I don't play games, but have been enjoying aragar.io. I think the entire concept of "teams" breaks the model of the game in my mind. I think there is room for "social" interaction within the model, but not the team idea that seems to have become prevalent.

THoughts?

I also enjoy agar.io, though I avoid the team option. I just prefer the adventure of making it to the top of the leaderboard by myself (or dying trying). The multiplayer doesn't bother me, though.

What really annoys me is when multiple people are working together in the single player mode. I understand the idea of forming alliances and I do that myself when advantageous, but often it is clear that some members are in the room strictly to help another member. That bugs me.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 10:42:59 PM
At 1/28/2016 10:41:03 PM, Maikuru wrote:

THoughts?

I also enjoy agar.io, though I avoid the team option. I just prefer the adventure of making it to the top of the leaderboard by myself (or dying trying). The multiplayer doesn't bother me, though.

What really annoys me is when multiple people are working together in the single player mode. I understand the idea of forming alliances and I do that myself when advantageous, but often it is clear that some members are in the room strictly to help another member. That bugs me.

That is what I am talking about.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 10:44:37 PM
At 1/28/2016 10:42:59 PM, TBR wrote:

THoughts?

That is what I am talking about.

Ohhh, then yes, that bugs me lol. I've seen people join the room, run straight into a teammate, respawn and do it again. Over and over. Hate it. Once that momentum builds, it's nearly impossible to win.
- lamerde

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 11:00:27 PM

THoughts?

I will send some weight as a "no prob pall, not going to get you". Or "Thanks for letting me by" or when I feel bad for someone.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 2:18:37 AM
At 1/28/2016 11:00:27 PM, TBR wrote:

THoughts?

I will send some weight as a "no prob pall, not going to get you". Or "Thanks for letting me by" or when I feel bad for someone.

Haha I do the same. I also throw some mass in the hopes of creating temporary alliances. If someone is being chased, for example, I will feed them till they can eat the person chasing them. They almost always repay me with some mass. if I stick around them long enough, we usually become a bit of a 'team.'
- lamerde

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 2:21:33 AM
At 1/29/2016 2:18:37 AM, Maikuru wrote:
At 1/28/2016 11:00:27 PM, TBR wrote:

THoughts?

Haha I do the same. I also throw some mass in the hopes of creating temporary alliances. If someone is being chased, for example, I will feed them till they can eat the person chasing them. They almost always repay me with some mass. if I stick around them long enough, we usually become a bit of a 'team.'

See, that all works for me, but giving your 90% entire body over to another, then back to allow the other guy to recollect, or whatever is clearly breaking the concept of the game. If some small social interaction happens, that is... well, within the motif.
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 4:22:35 PM

THoughts?

This is a good idea. We should organize some DDO teams, and face off. Like Team Liberal vs Team Conservative or something.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 4:23:44 PM
At 2/2/2016 4:22:35 PM, tajshar2k wrote:

THoughts?

This is a good idea. We should organize some DDO teams, and face off. Like Team Liberal vs Team Conservative or something.

You know... That might be fun. One of the only games I kicka$$ at
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 4:28:56 PM
At 2/2/2016 4:23:44 PM, TBR wrote:

THoughts?

We should organize a tournament in the games forum. We can make private servers right?
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 4:33:41 PM
At 2/2/2016 4:28:56 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 2/2/2016 4:23:44 PM, TBR wrote:

THoughts?

We should organize a tournament in the games forum. We can make private servers right?

Yea, you can. I have not done it, but we should give it a shot.
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2016 3:46:15 PM
I have to agree with the sentiment. I've gotten to the top of the leaderboards myself, and the worst thing to see on one are clan tags.

Or the #1 player's name being

List of Idiots:

That's just annoying.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!