---Mythological Creatures Mafia: DP7---

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 2:00:30 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
DIED LAST DP

Midnight - You are a SPHNIX. In Greek mythology, you are a force of malevolence, yet in Egyption lore, you are a benevolent actor. Due to your dual nature, you are the TURNCOAT. If you are NK'd, you will become mafia. You will join the mafia PM. You win with the town if not NK'd.

[Hidden Flavor: You are Naive. Your role does nothing.]

DIED IN THE NIGHT

Blazro - You are a GOBLIN. You are a rather generic magical creature, and could fill in anywhere a bad-guy is needed in a fairy tale. Thus, you are the 2-shot VIGILANTE. At night, you may select a player for death. You win with the town.

GRAVEYARD

Blazro - Goblin, Vigilante - Town
Midnight - Sphinx, Turncoat - Town
Lannan - Harpy, JOAT - Town
Smithers - Unicorn, Vanilla/Goon - Mafia
Trekie - Loogaroo, JOAT - Town
YYW - Tomte, Roleblocker - Mafia
Coca - Boggart, Tracker - Town
Forever - Phoenix, Popular - Mafia
Saph - Werewolf, Gunsmith - Town
HPG - Banshee, Vanilla - Town
Voice - Grendel, Vigilante - TP (Town)
Cobalt - Gremlin, Randomizer - Town
FT/Budda - Jotunn, Doctor - Town

LIVING PLAYERS

Vaar
Dalt
Trekie (Coca) (Space) (316)
Cobalt (Wylted)

With 4 players alive, it takes 3 votes to lynch.
The DP ends at 8:00pm, Central Time, on 1/30/16

Good luck! Let the games begin.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 2:02:43 AM
...so....Cobalt lynch?
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 2:18:00 AM
At 1/29/2016 2:02:43 AM, Vaarka wrote:
...so....Cobalt lynch?

I'm mean I'm up for giving it a try. VTL Cobalt
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 6:03:37 AM
I didn't initially expect for this game to extend this long; regrettably my activity may not be optimal as I'm currently participating at Harvard's Model United Nations conference. I'll be active in the later evenings EST though, but that might be about it.

Balancewise, reevaluating it, I probably should have anticipated something silly like Midnight just being naive.. but there was reason to believe lynching him was the best option, so whatever. If that was a game losing lynch for us, I accept responsibility for pushing that lynch.

My wifi is shoddy, so I'm going to just rant this all in one post:

Vaarka is town on behaviour. I think I would be willing to hedge the game on that read. Cobalt, Trekie, and myself all need to claim today regardless of this; what order we do so in is something that would need to come to consensus, I'd be fine letting Vaar determine that.

I'm not going to claim before Cobalt, though. I don't like his behaviour, especially contrasting it with how analytical and contributive he was before he replaced in in Wylted's player slot.

I am slightly paranoid about Trekie, but Trekie replaced in for space and I don't see his YYW hammer making sense. Scum hammering scum without the lynch being evident twice in a row doesn't make sense. And Trekie was especially contributive last DP when scum wouldn't have necessarily had to been.

In any case, I think I want to review space's posts with Trekie's before I cast my vote.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 6:08:18 AM
Gah, actually, crap, I'm not confident I'll be on in time to cast my vote too soo if necessary. I'll try and check in tomorrow morning. I really don't want to put Cobalt at L-1 ATM though. I don't want to lose this game.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
trekie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 8:19:03 AM
At 1/29/2016 6:03:37 AM, Daltonian wrote:
Vaarka is town on behaviour. I think I would be willing to hedge the game on that read. Cobalt, Trekie, and myself all need to claim today regardless of this; what order we do so in is something that would need to come to consensus, I'd be fine letting Vaar determine that. I'm not going to claim before Cobalt, though.
I want Cobalt to full claim first too. I'm okay with going after that, although I'd prefer if you character claimed before I roleclaimed at this point.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 12:57:36 PM
At 1/29/2016 8:19:03 AM, trekie wrote:
Vaarka is town on behaviour. I think I would be willing to hedge the game on that read. Cobalt, Trekie, and myself all need to claim today regardless of this; what order we do so in is something that would need to come to consensus, I'd be fine letting Vaar determine that. I'm not going to claim before Cobalt, though.
I want Cobalt to full claim first too. I'm okay with going after that, although I'd prefer if you character claimed before I roleclaimed at this point.

So then it's settled. Whenever Cobalt shows up, he will need to claim. After him can be Daltonian, and finallly Trekie.

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 6:24:40 PM
Yeesh, looks like inactivity is striking again XP
I don't blame you guys if you're at work or (like me) at school, but hopefully more of you guys will be on by tonight.

And I want Cobalt to post, and to claim.

trekie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 8:26:16 PM
At 1/29/2016 6:24:40 PM, Vaarka wrote:
And I want Cobalt to post, and to claim.
Well, contrary to popular belief, Cobalt's absence doesn't make my heart grow fonder either.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 10:09:37 PM
VOTE COUNT

Cobalt (1/3) - Vaar
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2016 2:07:42 AM
TIME CHECK

About 24 hours left to DP's end.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2016 4:06:35 AM
I'd say we give Cobalt maybe...12 hours or so. If not, then we should lynch him.

Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2016 6:03:45 AM
Reflecting, today is very likely MYLO, so I'd like to wait Cobalt out before I force my vote or put him at L-1. I can't guarantee I'll be online before 8:00 tomorrow night is the only thing.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2016 6:09:40 AM
At 1/29/2016 8:19:03 AM, trekie wrote:
I'm trying to rely less on behaviour/role analysis and more on behaviour just because I think that's a consistent town mistake in bsh's games, given the flavours and twists he tends to use. That being said, DP7 claims coming out is nonsensical. Might even have to extend that to DP8 now. I'm a Troll.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
trekie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2016 8:14:00 AM
At 1/30/2016 6:11:02 AM, Daltonian wrote:
Trekie; did you ever play a game as scum on DDO?
Well, that's a little hurtful since we were mafia together in Bsh's previous game. But besides that: FEAR mafia, Naval Warfare, Adventurer mafia, and Chuck mafia. I've been TP in Star Wars Prequels and Concealment.
trekie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2016 8:26:01 AM
At 1/30/2016 6:03:45 AM, Daltonian wrote:
Reflecting, today is very likely MYLO, so I'd like to wait Cobalt out before I force my vote or put him at L-1. I can't guarantee I'll be online before 8:00 tomorrow night is the only thing.
I feel the same way. I think he's the scum but there's no point in rushing it. Even though I think you were right about last DP's lynch from a tactical standpoint, I feel like I still jumped the gun on that one, without properly considering Midnight's motivations for claimining the role he did.
trekie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2016 11:05:56 AM
That being said, if Cobalt doesn't show until close to the deadline I'll most likely just vote him for death. He was online during the night-phase, he was posting in Drafter's game when he supposodly only had time to make a sarcastic remark in ours during last DP. It's not like he doesn't know how long NPs are and when this DP was supposed to go up approximately. If he's town, we can't lynch correctly without him. Being conspicously absent, then being a complete no-show is really not the actions of a townie.
Cobalt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2016 4:19:22 PM
I didn't expect Blazro to be town. Wow.

I'm the Basilisk and my absence last DP was intended to frustrate the maf, with the unintended, but expected side effect of adding to town's suspicion. Hope that's appeasing.

As for this DP, I understand, but am not a fan of Vaarka's hard push on me. Every other player seemed interested in some analysis -- particularly Dalt -- but Vaarka has simply stated in a variety of ways that he highly values the idea of my lynch.
Cobalt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2016 4:22:19 PM
Additionally, it's MYLO.

I highly suggest we VTL No one.

A ml here guarentees maf the game. At least next DP, the odds of a randomly selected lynch being correct go from 25% to 33%. I normally would not suggest a no lynch, but I don't think anyone has adequate reads and it does increase our odds a significant amount.
trekie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2016 5:24:04 PM
At 1/30/2016 4:19:22 PM, Cobalt wrote:
I'm the Basilisk and my absence last DP was intended to frustrate the maf, with the unintended, but expected side effect of adding to town's suspicion. Hope that's appeasing.
Are you for real? Don't you think that lynching them would have frustrated them a bit more and had been more conductive to the game's actual goal of lynching them? So can you explain again what exactly was your plan with intentionaly not contributing? How does that catch/kill scum?

Also, role claim already.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2016 6:51:51 PM

As for this DP, I understand, but am not a fan of Vaarka's hard push on me. Every other player seemed interested in some analysis -- particularly Dalt -- but Vaarka has simply stated in a variety of ways that he highly values the idea of my lynch.

My hard push on you is because, out of all the remaining players, I find you the most scum-like,

Cobalt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2016 7:20:43 PM
At 1/30/2016 5:24:04 PM, trekie wrote:
Are you for real? Don't you think that lynching them would have frustrated them a bit more and had been more conductive to the game's actual goal of lynching them? So can you explain again what exactly was your plan with intentionaly not contributing? How does that catch/kill scum?

If you'd reread my post, you'll realize that I have already role claimed.
Cobalt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2016 7:22:47 PM
At 1/30/2016 6:51:51 PM, Vaarka wrote:

My hard push on you is because, out of all the remaining players, I find you the most scum-like,

You opened with something like, "so..Cobalt is nex?", in order to imply that I was the natural assumption for a lynch. It is in town's best interest *not* to immediately lynch the "most scum-like" person, but to analyze the situation before trying to get an immediate lynch in MYLO.
Cobalt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2016 7:24:43 PM
At 1/30/2016 5:24:04 PM, trekie wrote:

And in understanding what my role is, you'll also understand that yes, I'm for real. Given the lack of behavioral evidence to lynch on, my strategy seemed reasonable. It also married perfectly with my extracurricular affairs.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2016 7:26:40 PM
At 1/30/2016 7:22:47 PM, Cobalt wrote:

You opened with something like, "so..Cobalt is nex?", in order to imply that I was the natural assumption for a lynch. It is in town's best interest *not* to immediately lynch the "most scum-like" person, but to analyze the situation before trying to get an immediate lynch in MYLO.

I didn't mean that in a "let's lynch him right now" kind of way, but more of a "should we lynch him today?", mainly due to dumb discussion from the previous DP and how little you were there.

Cobalt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2016 7:29:28 PM
At 1/30/2016 7:26:40 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 1/30/2016 7:22:47 PM, Cobalt wrote:

I didn't mean that in a "let's lynch him right now" kind of way, but more of a "should we lynch him today?", mainly due to dumb discussion from the previous DP and how little you were there.

Is that why you immediately voted to lynch me? You wanted to just consider it, but you felt the need to vote when that would put me at L-2?
Cobalt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2016 7:31:33 PM
I fully believe Dalt will understand my role. If one of Vaarka or Trek gets it and the other one does not, then the majority of town knows my role. There's a 25% chance the person in the dark is maf, which means town gains an advantage by way of information. So if my role dawns on you, keep it quiet.