Voice - Grendel, Vigilante - TP (Town)
Cobalt - Gremlin, Randomizer - Town
FT/Budda - Jotunn, Doctor - Town

LIVING PLAYERS

Vaar
Dalt
Trekie (Coca) (Space) (316)
Cobalt (Wylted)

With 4 players alive, it takes 3 votes to lynch.
The DP ends at 11:30pm, Central Time, on 2/2/16.

Good luck! Let the games begin.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2016 12:55:50 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
Well, no one died...
So we have two choices here.
1. Use this entire DP to find info or make analysis (which I'm guessing is what will happen) and lynch someone at the end, aware that if we mislynch, we lose.
2. Use the entire DP to find info or make analysis and the VTNL again, possibly giving us another day (though I'm more against this)

We got Cobalt's claim (character claim, at least), and he states that anyone can figure it out, and that scum probably won't.
Now, we're waiting for Dalt and Trekkie to follow up with Cobalt's claim, like they said they would, and claim themselves.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Cobalt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2016 1:01:05 PM
Mod - Does this game have a meteor function? As in, if so many days and nights pass without a lynch, does one side or the other get an autowin?
Cobalt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2016 1:02:57 PM
At 2/1/2016 12:55:50 PM, Vaarka wrote:
Well, no one died...
1. Use this entire DP to find info or make analysis (which I'm guessing is what will happen) and lynch someone at the end, aware that if we mislynch, we lose.
2. Use the entire DP to find info or make analysis and the VTNL again, possibly giving us another day (though I'm more against this)

We got Cobalt's claim (character claim, at least), and he states that anyone can figure it out, and that scum probably won't.
Now, we're waiting for Dalt and Trekkie to follow up with Cobalt's claim, like they said they would, and claim themselves.

I really didn't consider that maf might nk. The viability of another NL depends upon the answer to the question I just asked.

I would also like something more from Trek and Dalt.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2016 1:23:33 PM
At 2/1/2016 1:02:57 PM, Cobalt wrote:
Well, no one died...

I really didn't consider that maf might nk. The viability of another NL depends upon the answer to the question I just asked.
I was thinking the same thing after seeing it. It makes sense for the mafia to waive, as only 3 living players would narrow the chances against them greater during the DP (and something I hadn't previously considered).

I would also like something more from Trek and Dalt.

^^
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2016 7:14:17 PM
Acting as a semi-productive bump post

So, we've all agreed to claim. I've claimed, Cobalt claimed (sort of), and now Dalt and Trekkie need to. Last DP, we made the order of claims. First, Cobalt, then Dalt, and finally Trekkie. We've got Cobalt, and now I want both Dalt and Trekkie to claim.

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2016 10:45:53 PM
...Dalt, trekie...you guys there?

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 12:51:21 AM
I honestly feel bad for bsh1 at this point. For a game that started off with around 25 pages of crap, we've dropped pretty low. If this is the 8th post and the game's been up for about 18-24 hours, then we've really dropped the standards XP

Cobalt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 2:59:15 AM
Unfortunately, with only 2 people participating our of four, there isn't much we can do. Out of those two, who are you ore suspicious of?
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 5:16:24 AM
At 2/1/2016 1:01:05 PM, Cobalt wrote:
Mod - Does this game have a meteor function? As in, if so many days and nights pass without a lynch, does one side or the other get an autowin?

No. As with chess, I would declare a stalemate if 4 DP-NP cycles passed without a lynch or NK.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

trekie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 8:50:17 AM
Sorry guys, I got sick and have been feeling like crap these past 2 days, I've asked Bsh to replace me, I hope he finds someone soon. Sadly this player spot is starting to become a real Chimera, will be made out of more than 4 players now. I'm Bulletproof. 'Cause I'm not of mortal make.

Why don't you care what his role is? Or alternately, do you think you know it and you think it makes him town and not outright claiming is somehow a town utility? If the latter, explain why.

At 1/30/2016 7:24:43 PM, Cobalt wrote:
At 1/30/2016 5:24:04 PM, trekie wrote:
At 1/30/2016 4:19:22 PM, Cobalt wrote:
I'm the Basilisk and my absence last DP was intended to frustrate the maf, with the unintended, but expected side effect of adding to town's suspicion. Hope that's appeasing.
Are you for real? Don't you think that lynching them would have frustrated them a bit more and had been more conductive to the game's actual goal of lynching them? So can you explain again what exactly was your plan with intentionaly not contributing? How does that catch/kill scum?
Also, role claim already.
And in understanding what my role is, you'll also understand that yes, I'm for real. Given the lack of behavioral evidence to lynch on, my strategy seemed reasonable. It also married perfectly with my extracurricular affairs.
Look, I'm not gonna talk circles around this because I won't get to react whatever your reply is but I think you are implying to be Bomb and I don't understand how that role jives with your earlier behavour either. You said you've expected to get scum-read by town for the inactivity, which at that point would make mafia think you are good mislynch bait too. Mafia doesn't night-kill people who make good mislynch targets. So intentionaly going poof on a DP when you could have tried to lynch the last mafia by participating doesn't make sense to me at all when there's zero chance for you to be the night-kill target and to kill mafia that way. Add to that that Midnight claimed Turncoat. As Dalt said at the end of that DP, between a no lynch and lynching an outed Turncoat or lynching mafia, lynching was always the best option for town. Not helping with that is anti-town as well.

So my question remains, if you are Bomb, why did you think that was a good strategy? If you are not, then what are you and how having that role makes what you did a good, pro-town strategy?
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 11:56:12 AM
VTL Trekie

Trekie is not bulletproof. I counterclaim. My character is a TROLL. Isolated and fearsome, I am reputed for having instilled fear into the hearts of any hunter or passersby, with no mortal men having the daring to face me. Thus, I'm bulletproof.

That is paraphrased; I switched many of the words for synonyms.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 11:57:02 AM
I'd been trying to subtly bait the NK for a while, clearly unsuccessfully. When I have time, I'll post wherein I did that as right now I'm actually preparing to head back to school after attending HMUN.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 12:03:20 PM
Trekie probably either NK'd me, planning on going into LYLO with Cobalt and Vaarka, pinning them against each other and claiming bulletproof, or NK'd no one and used the town credibility from that for a BP claim. Either way, it makes sense from a scum perspective.

-> Trekie NK's me. Vaarka and Cobalt, whom had been suspicious of each other in the past anyway, go into LYLO with her; which makes the best sense as a NK choice. Keeping me in the game at that point makes no sense, given I was widely townread, had played a good game, and was the most experienced player in the game. When I didn't die, she can use my inactivity to preempt me on the BP claim. If she didn't do that, then she probably NK'd no one and risked the BP claim, which also makes total sense, but only if she picked up on Cobalt being bomb last DP.

In any case, I will be on and extremely active tonight to push for this. I was busy at Harvard this past weekend and for that I apologize, but please DO NOT LYNCH me until I return.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 12:04:10 PM
The only thing that's actually townie about Trekie's behaviour at all is space's YYW hammer, but that's entirely subject to WIFOM. Claiming BP is literally actually the only thing that makes sense for mafia at this point, so I will be frustrated if town loses this.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 12:27:08 PM
I'm on mobile atm so I can't type much. But relooking, it literally only makes sense for Trekie to push out a BP claim regardless, claiming vanilla became unviable when Vaarka outed and given Trekie's lasting town read of him, that isn't feasible. The open set up restricts how innovative she can be with role claims, so she's essentislly forced to go for the BP claim.

It's also possible she pegged me as an investigative role or something and Cobalt as BP, and is a godfather or ascetic.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 1:23:05 PM
At 2/2/2016 2:59:15 AM, Cobalt wrote:
Unfortunately, with only 2 people participating our of four, there isn't much we can do. Out of those two, who are you ore suspicious of?

Well, now it's probably Trekie. With his BP claim and Dalt's counter claim, I've moved my FOS to him. Dalt's claim seems honest to me, and I'd like to hear from Trekie (or his replacement, whom I feel pity on for having to deal with this).

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 1:25:52 PM
At 2/2/2016 12:03:20 PM, Daltonian wrote:
Trekie probably either NK'd me, planning on going into LYLO with Cobalt and Vaarka, pinning them against each other and claiming bulletproof, or NK'd no one and used the town credibility from that for a BP claim. Either way, it makes sense from a scum perspective.

-> Trekie NK's me. Vaarka and Cobalt, whom had been suspicious of each other in the past anyway, go into LYLO with her; which makes the best sense as a NK choice. Keeping me in the game at that point makes no sense, given I was widely townread, had played a good game, and was the most experienced player in the game. When I didn't die, she can use my inactivity to preempt me on the BP claim. If she didn't do that, then she probably NK'd no one and risked the BP claim, which also makes total sense, but only if she picked up on Cobalt being bomb last DP.
She did ask to claim last, possibly to see what roles were taken before she claimed.

In any case, I will be on and extremely active tonight to push for this. I was busy at Harvard this past weekend and for that I apologize, but please DO NOT LYNCH me until I return.

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 1:41:07 PM
At 2/2/2016 5:16:24 AM, bsh1 wrote:

Can we get a time check please?

Cobalt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 1:57:13 PM
As far as character analysis is concerned, I see neither the Chimera or Troll as being naturally BP.

Trekkie's reaction to my reasoning for remaining silent last DP felt frustrated, giving me a slight town feel from it. Then Dalt's CC felt very town as well. VTNL is clearly not an option now, as it'd result in either a NK or Vaarka's death.

If I was to attempt to look at both Trek's and Dalt's posts in the frame a mind that they are scum:

1. Trekkie could be attempting to sheer my credibility with the ultimate goal of arguing that I am not Bomb. Would probably do this by stating that an "actual bomb" would not have gone AWOL DP7.

2. In reading through a scum lens, Dalt's posts seem more suspicious. First, he implies the possibility that he may have already been the target of a NK. This would seem highly unusual, as generally a bulletproof would be told that he had been "hit". I find this ignorance of his own hit status to be the most suspicious part of his claim.

It does seem that BP is the role that maf could most safely use. However, this isn't really an argument for Trek's guilt. It's feasible that Trek actually is the last BP and that Dalt is required to claim it because there are no alternatives. In fact, Dalt would necessarily have to counter claim immediately.

-------
I need to see more from both suspects before coming to any solid conclusion. Hopefully Trek doesn't get replaced at the literal end of the game.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 2:21:05 PM
At 2/2/2016 1:57:13 PM, Cobalt wrote:
As far as character analysis is concerned, I see neither the Chimera or Troll as being naturally BP.

Trekkie's reaction to my reasoning for remaining silent last DP felt frustrated, giving me a slight town feel from it. Then Dalt's CC felt very town as well. VTNL is clearly not an option now, as it'd result in either a NK or Vaarka's death.

If I was to attempt to look at both Trek's and Dalt's posts in the frame a mind that they are scum:

1. Trekkie could be attempting to sheer my credibility with the ultimate goal of arguing that I am not Bomb. Would probably do this by stating that an "actual bomb" would not have gone AWOL DP7.

2. In reading through a scum lens, Dalt's posts seem more suspicious. First, he implies the possibility that he may have already been the target of a NK. This would seem highly unusual, as generally a bulletproof would be told that he had been "hit". I find this ignorance of his own hit status to be the most suspicious part of his claim.
Now that you mention it, it doesn't make as much sense for scum to attempt to claim BP if they tried to NK a player and it failed. Most players would probably be smart enough not to claim BP if they tried to NK someone and it failed.

It does seem that BP is the role that maf could most safely use. However, this isn't really an argument for Trek's guilt. It's feasible that Trek actually is the last BP and that Dalt is required to claim it because there are no alternatives. In fact, Dalt would necessarily have to counter claim immediately.

-------
I need to see more from both suspects before coming to any solid conclusion. Hopefully Trek doesn't get replaced at the literal end of the game.

trekie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 4:02:38 PM
At 2/2/2016 12:03:20 PM, Daltonian wrote:
-> Trekie NK's me. Vaarka and Cobalt, whom had been suspicious of each other in the past anyway, go into LYLO with her; which makes the best sense as a NK choice.
This argument goes both ways. You NK me and go into LYLO with 2 players who scum read each other and town read you to a certain degree.
When I didn't die, she can use my inactivity to preempt me on the BP claim.
You're kidding me. The DP's been up longer than a day. Real lucky for me I managed not to throw up for 20 minutes this morning and beat you to it by 3 hours. Anyway, I don't even understand why claiming first would make either party more likely to be town at MYLO in a CC situation.
If she didn't do that, then she probably NK'd no one and risked the BP claim, which also makes total sense, but only if she picked up on Cobalt being bomb last DP.
Why would I waive and not kill you if I had picked up on the bomb claim? What does that have to do with anything?
trekie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 4:03:32 PM
At 2/2/2016 1:25:52 PM, Vaarka wrote:
She did ask to claim last, possibly to see what roles were taken before she claimed.
I've character claimed before either You, Midnight, Cobalt or Dalt did though. And I was pushing for a mass claim on DP6, when a CC would have had more weight and we still had a mislynch available. Admittedly, Dalt pushed for claims too, but I'm not sure if he just wanted to get some claims or to get a mass claim going.
trekie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 4:06:56 PM
At 2/2/2016 1:57:13 PM, Cobalt wrote:
As far as my character goes, that's why I was willing to claim it relatively early, even as a bulletproof. The immortal justification makes sense but it's not what you jump at just by the character alone. Also, I think the theme is benevolent vs malevolent creatures based on the turncoat flip and the Phoenix/Unicorn/Tomte mafia characters. I assume mafia wasn't sure about this from the start since both Smithers and Forever claimed their real characters. I also assume after the turncoat flip mafia was less likely to do that though.

That's exactly what I was getting at, and frankly I still don't understand why did you think that you would get night-killed by not doing anything or why you thought that was even a superior idea to actually trying to lynch scum, but for obvious reasons I no longer care.

As bulletproof, players normally aren't told if they were hit or not on DDO. I haven't asked Bsh specifically about it either but I think Dalt would assume this too so that's not why he's scum. I thought mafia might have waived the kill, but only if it was you. The fact that you assumed a waive over either me or Dalt being Bulletproof when neither of us role claimed yet seemed like an informed perspective of actually waiving the NK. That's also a reason why I continued to question you and didn't indicate in my last post that me being bulletpoof necessairly had to do with no one dying. But since that's not the case I'm pretty sure Dalt actually shot at me. I really don't see why he wouldn't have.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 4:09:17 PM
TIME CHECK

About 13 hours remain in the DP.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 4:09:40 PM
VOTE COUNT

Trekie (1/3) - Dalt
Dalt (1/3) - Trekie
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Cobalt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 5:01:27 PM
I'm reading Trek as town.

I like the "malevolent vs benevolent" theme suggestion, but it doesn't quite make sense with the "troll" claim. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if Dalt picked up on the theme and claimed "troll" instead of his actual maf role, "gnome".

And yes, I actually didn't even consider the possibility of BP's being present at the beginning of this DP, hence why I immediately guessed it was a NK. Beyond that, a NK seemed like a wise strategy at the time. But if Dalt is maf, then he very much would have tried to kill Trek. This would have left him with the easy task of turning Vaarka and me against each other.
trekie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 5:41:59 PM
At 2/2/2016 5:01:27 PM, Cobalt wrote:
I like the "malevolent vs benevolent" theme suggestion, but it doesn't quite make sense with the "troll" claim.
It's not supposed to. Mafia had likely gotten wise to it by the time they got to read Midnight's role flip. Blaze's role discription supports this theme with the standing in for any "bad guy" in a fairy tale part as the Backup too. I thought there was a very slight chance that mafia hasn't figured it out but I didn't think it was super likely. That's why I didn't think any subsequent bad guy creature claims equaled town affiliation (like a Basilisk) but I was pretty sure if anyone unclaimed went on to claim a Griffin or Pegasus or the Easter Bunny I'd have lynched them on the spot.
I wouldn't be terribly surprised if Dalt picked up on the theme and claimed "troll" instead of his actual maf role, "gnome".