Beginners' Mafia 43.2: DP3

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 4:52:36 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
DIED IN THE NIGHT

Fire - You are the VIRGIN. If lynched, there will be no NKs the following NP. You win with the town.

GRAVEYARD

Fire - Virgin - Town
Bob - Commuter - Mafia
FT - Dreamer - Town

LIVING PLAYERS

Hayd
Kier
Flex
Obi
Rosalie
Lannan
Tej

With 7 players alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch.
The DP ends at 11:30am, Central Time, on 2/10/16.

Good luck!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 4:55:28 PM
ATTENTION

To clarify any ambiguity, I will be finishing the 43.x series, including the final game, which will begin after this one ends. There may be a slight lag between this and the final game, as it is my intention to do something special for that final game. This lag should not exceed 5 days. Thank you.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 5:27:14 PM
VTL LANNAN

Nac
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 8:46:37 PM
At 2/8/2016 5:27:14 PM, Rosalie wrote:
VTL LANNAN

Nac

VTL Lannan

I still read scum on him from last DP.
Kier wasn't active, at all. I'm null on Tej and Obi.
ObiWan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 9:48:04 PM
First night I waived my investigation. I was worried about being redirected onto Hayd and also the set up probably means that I'm flavoured anyway so I didn't think it was worth the risk.

Last night I decided to target Tej because of his claim as ascetic. If I understand this role right, if Tej was ascetic then I would not be able to investigate him (I've asked bsh1 to confirm this but I'm pretty sure it's right). Instead my result was Tej is innocent.

VTL Tej

at the very least he lied about his role.
These are not the droids you're looking for.
ObiWan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 9:52:54 PM
At 2/8/2016 9:48:04 PM, ObiWan wrote:
First night I waived my investigation. I was worried about being redirected onto Hayd and also the set up probably means that I'm flavoured anyway so I didn't think it was worth the risk.

Last night I decided to target Tej because of his claim as ascetic. If I understand this role right, if Tej was ascetic then I would not be able to investigate him (I've asked bsh1 to confirm this but I'm pretty sure it's right). Instead my result was Tej is innocent.

VTL Tej

Confirmed. Vote Tej.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 9:55:23 PM
VOTE COUNT

Lannan (2/4) - Rosalie, Flex
Tej (1/4) - Obi
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 1:18:23 AM
At 2/8/2016 9:52:54 PM, ObiWan wrote:

VTL Tej

Confirmed. Vote Tej.

Vote Tej. I think he said that lynch me when it was needed, and said I won't get night-killed. But I did.
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 1:21:28 AM
UNVOTE

VTL TEJ

nac
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

ObiWan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 1:24:16 AM
At 2/9/2016 1:18:23 AM, fire_wings wrote:

VTL Tej

Confirmed. Vote Tej.

Vote Tej. I think he said that lynch me when it was needed, and said I won't get night-killed. But I did.

you're dead, you're not supposed to talk!
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 1:25:39 AM
At 2/9/2016 1:24:16 AM, ObiWan wrote:

VTL Tej

Confirmed. Vote Tej.

you're dead, you're not supposed to talk!

LMAO....

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 4:07:34 AM

Once you have died, do not post. I sympathize with your desire to be engaged, but it is important.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 11:02:26 AM
Ascetic isn't flavored, which means Obi is prob mafia and is trying to pull off a weird "Tej is godfather" stunt.

VTL Obi
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
ObiWan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 12:07:27 PM
At 2/9/2016 11:02:26 AM, tejretics wrote:
Ascetic isn't flavored, which means Obi is prob mafia and is trying to pull off a weird "Tej is godfather" stunt.

VTL Obi

I never said ascetic was flavoured.
ObiWan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 12:11:29 PM
"Ascetic - Cannot be targeted by non-lethal actions."

Investigating is a non-lethal action so if you were ascetic I wouldn't be able to investigate you. But my investigation of you got an actual result, innocent. The result itself is largely irrelevant because I'm probably a flavoured cop.

The fact that I could investigate you at all means you must be lying about being ascetic.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 1:09:06 PM
Alright, I lied about being Ascetic. My purpose was to illustrate how confusing it is for town if someone lies about a role when you're town, because that's what Obi did last game. I'm Vanilla. I have no role.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 1:28:30 PM
Let me explain why I said I was an Ascetic:

Last game, Obi misclaimed and thought it was to a benefit to town. I wanted to demonstrate how that isn't ever forgivable, which is exactly why I didn't claim Vanilla when I was. For the past two games, I've been Vanilla (the same role...:/). That's why I asked bsh1 if there could be more than one Vanilla this game on D1.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 1:32:18 PM
Unvote VTL Lannan

By POE, lannan, Kier, Obi, Flex, and myself are potential scum. lannan has displayed most indication of being scum, so let's vote him.

Could we be at MYLO? If so, I say we VTNL this DP.
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 2:32:24 PM
This is a hard call, really hard. Either Tej or Obi are scum, so we should vote between the two. I'm going to give some reads on who I think are scum,

Obi: Why were you afraid of being redirected, shouldn't that still be a fear? We lynched the commuter, not a redirector. It doesn't make sense to waste the role the first night. I'd also like to bring up, what are the odds that he got Cop twice (same argument can be made on Tej's vanilla)? You waited for the second night phase to follow FT's advice on checking Tej's ascetic claim.

Tej: Obi's got you twice now. Once as cop, then disproving the "godfather stunt". You bring up a good point about the vanilla claim though.

I'm leaning more towards Tej being the scum but I have reasonable suspicions on Obi. I'd like reads from Lannan, Kier, and Hayd on this recent development before casting a vote.
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 2:33:59 PM
At 2/9/2016 1:21:28 AM, Rosalie wrote:
UNVOTE

VTL TEJ

nac

Do you believe Obi is telling the truth?
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 2:41:31 PM
At 2/9/2016 1:32:18 PM, tejretics wrote:
Unvote VTL Lannan

By POE, lannan, Kier, Obi, Flex, and myself are potential scum. lannan has displayed most indication of being scum, so let's vote him.

According to FT's POE Tej, Lannan, and Obi are the only possible scum left. You were also the last to claim a role when FT was wanting a mass claim.
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 2:43:35 PM
At 2/9/2016 2:33:59 PM, TheFlex wrote:
At 2/9/2016 1:21:28 AM, Rosalie wrote:
UNVOTE

VTL TEJ

nac

Do you believe Obi is telling the truth?

In class right now, I will look onto it in a few hours.

tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 2:44:46 PM
At 2/9/2016 2:41:31 PM, TheFlex wrote:
At 2/9/2016 1:32:18 PM, tejretics wrote:
Unvote VTL Lannan

According to FT's POE Tej, Lannan, and Obi are the only possible scum left. You were also the last to claim a role when FT was wanting a mass claim.

(1) I was the last to claim a role because I was *inactive.* I was also considering whether to claim vanilla or to fake claim ascetic.

(2) Don't just agree with FT's POE just because he's FT. FT didn't clearly explain why he townread you -- I slight town read you, though. I'm null on Kier, and I think that's more justifiable.

Further, Obi and myself *could* both be town -- it's not mutually exclusive, as your recent posts indicate.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 2:45:44 PM
It sounds to me like Obi is telling the truth -- because mafia wouldn't say they got an "innocent" read.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 3:26:59 PM
If you're third party, please claim right away as TP. Mafia is first priority anyways, so we need to eliminate. If there's a Survivor, it means we can joint win as well.
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 12:31:32 AM
At 2/9/2016 3:35:35 PM, TheFlex wrote:
Obi and Rosa, what are your reads on Lannan?

I think lannan is scum because of his comment requarding Bob getting lynched.