Jump to topic:

FATE - Tethers to Another World

Cobalt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 8:00:15 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
[Posting alongside the concurrent FATE game run by Donald. Due to the lower personal requirements of FATE, compared to, say, Mafia, this seems a reasonable thing. ]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------FATE - Tethers to Another World------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Long ago, I saw it. The last Everblossom faded, the entire world along with it. I thought it was lost forever.

But lately, there have been rumblings in the nether...

-------------------------------GAMEPLAY-----------------------------------

FATE is as much a game as it is a story and experience. You have no ultimate goal thrust upon you, no clear objective to strive for and little help from anywhere else. Instead, you decide what to do, when to do it, and how to do it.

You will fail many times, but through failure you will eventually find a success far more rewarding than the loss was devastating.

Each mod has his/her own rules for FATE, so take nothing for granted except this:

1. There is no daily action limit. You may submit as many actions as you wish, however some actions take time. And the your will may take time to reach the benevolent gaze of His Modliness. Beyond these constraints, you are free to try what you will as often as you can.

2. There are no global indicators of success between players. What this means is that His Modliness shalt not inform player A of player B's status -- not on questioning alone. However, there are a few important statistics that you will be aware of and (should) keep track of. These are:

A. Population - This number describes the number of units that you control. All actions that should be done by the living must be done by the living. I am not the Holy Mod of Empathy and I will not summon spirit workers to do things on your behalf.

Additionally, you can die and you can procreate. A certain grace falls upon you at the beginning of the game, making total death improbable. However, if you are ever to have every one of your units die, you will be done in the game. (You can still rejoin, but you'd have to start all over.) As such, it is not wise to involve all of your units in risky behavior all at once. Better yet, it is wise not to have all your units in the same place at the same time.

B. Health - This describes the average health of your population. Living things need certain nourishment to continue living.

There are many other indicators which are not known to you. You may or may not discover these on your walk through this life, but they all shall affect you.

3. You cannot do what you do not know. As such, it is important that you research new ideas and technologies. You are free to attempt to research what you wish, but you will not always succeed. If you do not think clearly, you may rarely succeed at all.

4. General questions should be posited to me in your individual PM. If I choose to answer and if this information gives you an advantage, it will be made publicly known in this thread. (If applicable and relevant.) All actions should be boldface, so that I may see them.

5. There is to be no communication in this thread (beyond signups). In the beginning, you shall only communicate with me. Upon meeting another culture (if you are so lucky) you shall be in a PM with them, you and His Modliness. If you should choose to form an alliance, I will be part of that communication. The Great Mod of the Sky sees all.

------------------------------Signing Up-------------------------------------

This is where you signup to play the game. You should include THREE details.

1. You societies name. (Eg. Clan of Murdoc, People of Lucia, League of Futility, etc.) There are no limitations in naming.

2. You should include your race. You should choose a reasonable race. Human, elf, gnome, etc.) are acceptable. If you are making up your own race, please provide a brief description of how your race looks. For example, "I am the Fle'nar. I am a bird-like creature the size of a human. I don't like bright light."

Do not attempt to define your race as having some unique characteristic that you believe will give you an advantage in the game. The Mod Above Us decides what racial advantages and disadvantages you will have, not you.

3. You should include a number between 1 and 20 that has not previously been utilized. The significance of this number is not yet known to you, but no number is more relevant or important than any other. 7 is not necessarily better or worse than 13.

---------------------------Additional Notes-------------------------------

Upon signups, make sure you have sent me a friend request. The moment I have seen your signup and confirmed the friend request, your game will begin.

This game has much more structure than you get to see. While events, the world, etc. may seem random to you, they are not so much my discretion as they are pre-defined.

Make a map. You are not the only one in this world.

I am a highly active mod between the hours of 1:00 PM and 2:00 AM Central Time. If you plan on being highly active, it would behoove you to submit actions during this time period.

The game begins for each player the moment they sign up. This game can be played with only one person, but the more merrier. Progression is fairly balanced and is somewhat affected by things outside of the player's control. Do not be afraid to come in late.
Geographia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 1:02:34 PM
At 2/9/2016 8:00:51 AM, Cobalt wrote:

2. Gallia, Race are humaniods that have a weak human form, but can shape shift into tigers or mountain cats, though only one of those. 17.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 5:24:34 PM
At 2/9/2016 1:02:34 PM, Geographia wrote:
At 2/9/2016 8:00:51 AM, Cobalt wrote:

1. The State of Gyev; the race of Yi, which resembles that if the elven people in LoTR, only they can control their metabolism and can enhance any given physical sense, but only 1 at a time; 19
2. Gallia, Race are humaniods that have a weak human form, but can shape shift into tigers or mountain cats, though only one of those. 17.
"You're more of a fluentic fail doer who sometimes does a doo dah with a diggity ding, managing to push open doors that weren't meant to be opened, only to find that there's no floor, so you instead become spiderman and crawl on the walls." -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door
Cobalt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 7:30:14 PM
VoT confirmed.
Geo confirmed.

XLAV -- It seems I did say there are no naming restrictions, so go right ahead.
Geographia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 7:33:54 PM
At 2/9/2016 7:30:14 PM, Cobalt wrote:
VoT confirmed.
Geo confirmed.

XLAV -- It seems I did say there are no naming restrictions, so go right ahead.
When will the game begin?