Total Posts:167|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Beginners' Mafia 43.3: DP1

bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 2:12:10 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
THE DP SET UP

https://docs.google.com...

Having done 25 series, I think it's time for a look back. Thanks to everyone who's ever participated--it was fun while it lasted. Now, let the last game of my modship begin!

LIVING PLAYERS


Hayd
Kier
Flex
Obi
Fire
Rosalie
Bob
Lannan
Tej
FT

With 10 players alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch.
The DP ends at 8:00pm, Central Time, on 2/17/16.


Good luck!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
fire_wings
Posts: 5,561
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 2:19:24 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
VTL Bob
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka
fire_wings
Posts: 5,561
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 2:40:16 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/16/2016 2:37:27 AM, Bob13 wrote:
At 2/16/2016 2:19:24 AM, fire_wings wrote:
VTL Bob

Why?

It is a random voting stage.
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka
fire_wings
Posts: 5,561
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 3:20:27 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/16/2016 2:37:27 AM, Bob13 wrote:
At 2/16/2016 2:19:24 AM, fire_wings wrote:
VTL Bob

Why?

Where are the roles?
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka
fire_wings
Posts: 5,561
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 3:25:30 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/16/2016 2:12:10 AM, bsh1 wrote:
THE DP SET UP

https://docs.google.com...

Having done 25 series, I think it's time for a look back. Thanks to everyone who's ever participated--it was fun while it lasted. Now, let the last game of my modship begin!

LIVING PLAYERS


Hayd
Kier
Flex
Obi
Fire
Rosalie
Bob
Lannan
Tej
FT

With 10 players alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch.
The DP ends at 8:00pm, Central Time, on 2/17/16.


Good luck!

Why is this your last modding series?
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka
fire_wings
Posts: 5,561
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 3:25:53 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/16/2016 2:37:27 AM, Bob13 wrote:
At 2/16/2016 2:19:24 AM, fire_wings wrote:
VTL Bob

Why?

what's your role?
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka
TheFlex
Posts: 1,745
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 3:27:44 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/16/2016 3:25:30 AM, fire_wings wrote:
At 2/16/2016 2:12:10 AM, bsh1 wrote:
THE DP SET UP

https://docs.google.com...

Having done 25 series, I think it's time for a look back. Thanks to everyone who's ever participated--it was fun while it lasted. Now, let the last game of my modship begin!

LIVING PLAYERS


Hayd
Kier
Flex
Obi
Fire
Rosalie
Bob
Lannan
Tej
FT

With 10 players alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch.
The DP ends at 8:00pm, Central Time, on 2/17/16.


Good luck!

Why is this your last modding series?

There was a big uproar in the game forums over the beginner's series. Just take a look back at some of the threads.
TheFlex
Posts: 1,745
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 3:29:03 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/16/2016 3:25:53 AM, fire_wings wrote:
At 2/16/2016 2:37:27 AM, Bob13 wrote:
At 2/16/2016 2:19:24 AM, fire_wings wrote:
VTL Bob

Why?

what's your role?

Not sure if we should claim this early. Wait for input from the ringers. They've stated every time not to claim this early in every game.
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 4:10:04 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/16/2016 3:25:30 AM, fire_wings wrote:
At 2/16/2016 2:12:10 AM, bsh1 wrote:
THE DP SET UP

https://docs.google.com...

Having done 25 series, I think it's time for a look back. Thanks to everyone who's ever participated--it was fun while it lasted. Now, let the last game of my modship begin!

LIVING PLAYERS


Hayd
Kier
Flex
Obi
Fire
Rosalie
Bob
Lannan
Tej
FT

With 10 players alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch.
The DP ends at 8:00pm, Central Time, on 2/17/16.


Good luck!

Why is this your last modding series?

There was a big uproar from a few people.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
ObiWan
Posts: 732
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 4:31:26 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
If this is indeed bsh1's last game then lets try and make it a good a good one. The characters are definitely... creative at least
These are not the droids you're looking for.
TheFlex
Posts: 1,745
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 4:39:52 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/16/2016 4:31:26 AM, ObiWan wrote:
If this is indeed bsh1's last game then lets try and make it a good a good one. The characters are definitely... creative at least

And plentiful.
tejretics
Posts: 6,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 12:00:47 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/16/2016 3:25:53 AM, fire_wings wrote:
At 2/16/2016 2:37:27 AM, Bob13 wrote:
At 2/16/2016 2:19:24 AM, fire_wings wrote:
VTL Bob

Why?

what's your role?

You're asking for a role claim so fast?
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
TheFlex
Posts: 1,745
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 12:52:53 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/16/2016 12:00:47 PM, tejretics wrote:
At 2/16/2016 3:25:53 AM, fire_wings wrote:
At 2/16/2016 2:37:27 AM, Bob13 wrote:
At 2/16/2016 2:19:24 AM, fire_wings wrote:
VTL Bob

Why?

what's your role?

You're asking for a role claim so fast?

This. Every game we've been told, "Don't claim this early."
VTL Fire
tejretics
Posts: 6,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 1:00:53 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
VTL Fire for character claim.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,759
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 3:37:33 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Fire looks like town. He's slow to learn, and I doubt he'd start blatantly asking people for roles if he were mafia.

Vote Hayd
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,759
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 3:40:08 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/16/2016 2:12:10 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Having done 25 series, I think it's time for a look back. Thanks to everyone who's ever participated--it was fun while it lasted. Now, let the last game of my modship begin!

Thanks for modding the series. 25 games is quite a legacy. There is something about the number 25.
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 4:02:00 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/16/2016 3:40:08 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 2/16/2016 2:12:10 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Having done 25 series, I think it's time for a look back. Thanks to everyone who's ever participated--it was fun while it lasted. Now, let the last game of my modship begin!

Thanks for modding the series. 25 games is quite a legacy. There is something about the number 25.

Indeed. Nice to end on a number ending in 5 or 0...kind of irrational, but nice.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 4:16:36 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
VOTE COUNT

Bob (1/6) - Fire
Hayd (2/6) - Obi, FT
Fire (2/6) - Flex, Tej
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
TheFlex
Posts: 1,745
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 8:03:24 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/16/2016 3:37:33 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
Fire looks like town. He's slow to learn, and I doubt he'd start blatantly asking people for roles if he were mafia.

Vote Hayd

Yeah, it just puts me off that it's done every time with him. But that's just consistency, I guess.
TheFlex
Posts: 1,745
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 8:03:56 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/16/2016 5:03:22 PM, Hayd wrote:
At 2/16/2016 6:29:57 AM, ObiWan wrote:
VTL Hayd

I wanna see more activity this game

From me? I'll try

Thoughts on Fire wanting a early claim?
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,759
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 8:06:36 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/16/2016 8:03:24 PM, TheFlex wrote:
Yeah, it just puts me off that it's done every time with him. But that's just consistency, I guess.

We're not allowed to talk about ongoing games, but, speaking generally without reference to any particular game, it's pretty clear that Fire, unfortunately, hasn't learned much from this series.
Rosalie
Posts: 4,612
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 8:43:01 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Hey, just realized this is up. I will read this over in a bit
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
Rosalie
Posts: 4,612
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 9:14:30 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/16/2016 8:03:56 PM, TheFlex wrote:
At 2/16/2016 5:03:22 PM, Hayd wrote:
At 2/16/2016 6:29:57 AM, ObiWan wrote:
VTL Hayd

I wanna see more activity this game

From me? I'll try

Thoughts on Fire wanting a early claim?

I don't think fire is scum. He has a tendancy to do these types of things, over and over..
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 9:56:43 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/16/2016 8:03:56 PM, TheFlex wrote:
At 2/16/2016 5:03:22 PM, Hayd wrote:
At 2/16/2016 6:29:57 AM, ObiWan wrote:
VTL Hayd

I wanna see more activity this game

From me? I'll try

Thoughts on Fire wanting a early claim?

He's a noob. I did the same thing last game
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 10:00:28 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
I have a question about mafia; I am confused on the beginning of games

The first game I played was live mafia in a hangout, and we all role-claimed right away and got on with discussion from there.

But in this mafia, I am told not to role claim. It seems that people are randomly VTLing people to see their reaction. But what are they supposed to react to? Besides say that "I'm not scum", which is pointless. I'm just confused how the games get started.
ObiWan
Posts: 732
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 10:12:05 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/16/2016 10:00:28 PM, Hayd wrote:
I have a question about mafia; I am confused on the beginning of games

The first game I played was live mafia in a hangout, and we all role-claimed right away and got on with discussion from there.

But in this mafia, I am told not to role claim. It seems that people are randomly VTLing people to see their reaction. But what are they supposed to react to? Besides say that "I'm not scum", which is pointless. I'm just confused how the games get started.

So am I really. It seems we sort of just chat and throw things around until something interesting or noteworthy happens and then build on it, however little it might be.
These are not the droids you're looking for.