Beginners' Mafia 43.3: DP2

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2016 3:28:59 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
DIED LAST DP

Fire - You are GAME 40.3. Fae are great at playing tricks and manipulating situations to get what they want. Magicians are equally crafty--what can't you do with magic, after all? Because the Fae seem to outwit the magicians, and the magicians can dodge the rest of us, you are the NINJA. If you carry out the NK, you cannot be tracked or watched.

DIED IN THE NIGHT

Hayd - You are GAME 21.3. Pokemon has been one of my more frequent topics for these series, and, as a little kid, I was a huge fan. Thus, you are POPULAR. It takes 1 extra vote to lynch you. You win with the town.

Rosalie - You are GAME 38.3. Goalkeepers need to keep team's safe from enemy scores. For that reason, teams good and bad need those protectors. Therefore, you are the DOCTOR. Each night you may select another player and will protect them from all lethal actions. You win with the town.

GRAVEYARD

Fire - Game 40.3, Ninja - Mafia
Hayd - Game 21.3, Popular - Town
Rosalie - Game 38.3, Doctor - Town

LIVING PLAYERS

Vaar (Kier)
Flex
Obi
Fire
Bob
Lannan
Voice (Tej)
FT

With 8 players alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.
The DP ends at 9:30pm, Central Time, on 2/21/16.

Good luck!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2016 3:30:19 AM
ATTENTION

Vaar has replaced Kier. Voice has replaced Tej. Let this be a warning: inactivity is not a virtue.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2016 3:58:13 AM
At 2/20/2016 3:48:16 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
Vote: Voice

Care to explain?
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2016 4:24:33 AM
At 2/20/2016 4:21:10 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 2/20/2016 3:58:13 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
Care to explain?

Nah, you care to contribute?

Yes. Here is something: you usually explain your votes/reads/whateverthehellyoudo, but not this time.

I need to go back and read the other DP. I'll provide input after that. For now:

VTL FT
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2016 4:26:49 AM
At 2/20/2016 4:24:33 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 2/20/2016 4:21:10 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 2/20/2016 3:58:13 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
Care to explain?

Nah, you care to contribute?

Yes. Here is something: you usually explain your votes/reads/whateverthehellyoudo, but not this time.

I need to go back and read the other DP. I'll provide input after that. For now:

VTL FT

Meh, this feels town.

Unvote

I'll try to figure out who the scum are when I'm sober.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2016 4:30:30 AM
Lol, this explains everything:

At 2/20/2016 4:26:49 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
I'll try to figure out who the scum are when I'm sober.

Unvote

I ought to be asleep. I'll get back on tomorrow when I can think more coherently.
Suh dude

Bob13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2016 1:00:12 PM
At 2/20/2016 5:29:01 AM, ObiWan wrote:
So looks like we have a serial killer or a vigilante?

Or an interceptor, paranoid gun owner, strongman, or witch.
I don't have a signature. :-)
ObiWan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2016 1:39:28 PM
At 2/20/2016 1:00:12 PM, Bob13 wrote:

I guess so.

Do you have any reads?
These are not the droids you're looking for.
ObiWan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2016 1:41:23 PM
At 2/20/2016 3:28:59 AM, bsh1 wrote:

GRAVEYARD

Fire - Game 40.3, Ninja - Mafia
Hayd - Game 21.3, Popular - Town
Rosalie - Game 38.3, Doctor - Town

LIVING PLAYERS

Vaar (Kier)
Flex
Obi
Fire
Bob
Lannan
Voice (Tej)
FT

With 8 players alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.
The DP ends at 9:30pm, Central Time, on 2/21/16.

Good luck!

Lol, fire is a zombie
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2016 2:13:48 PM
I have work today so I'll be gone most of the day.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Bob13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2016 3:04:54 PM
At 2/20/2016 1:39:28 PM, ObiWan wrote:
At 2/20/2016 1:00:12 PM, Bob13 wrote:

I guess so.

Do you have any reads?
Not anymore. I thought Rosalie was scum, but I guess I was wrong. I'm null on everyone else.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2016 5:17:12 PM
A quote from Obi last DP:

"FT - Again I'm a little suspicious of FT because by now he's usually been more helpful and active in guiding the town and this has been largely missing this game."

At least I am not the only one who feels this way.
Suh dude

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2016 5:43:23 PM
Ok, so here is a little analyzation of the final VC yesterday; I will provide it for my convenience:

At 2/19/2016 3:26:18 AM, bsh1 wrote:
FINAL TALLY

Hayd (3/6) - FT, Rosalie, Fire
Fire (6/6) - Tej, Flex, Lannan, Obi, Bob, Hayd

RESULT

Fire was lynched! He was guilty.
Submit night actions.
Stop posting.

Fire was guilty. I practically town-read everyone on Fire's wagon except for maybe Bob, who I am null on. I slight-townread Obi, as Flex's claim regarding the possibility of Obi's excessive attempts to defend Hayd being scummy has some merit, I think.

Now, as for those on the Hayd wagon, Rose was our Doc, so that sucks. Fire was guilty but lynched, so that technically rules him out of the existing scum pool. That leaves FT, who I have felt weird about since before I joined this game, as I like to read up on these games. We got one scum out, and I think there are 2 more. So for living scum pool, I would say, in order to scumminess: FT, then Obi.

Of course, there could also only be 2 scum and then a TP, but I do not think it is likely as, if I recall correctly, bsh tends to not have TPs in his Beginners' Series 3rd game. So, yeah, scum team imo is Fire (dead), FT, and Obi.
Suh dude

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2016 5:44:24 PM
This being said:

VTL FT
Suh dude

TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2016 9:21:48 PM
I agree with VoT's reads thus far but the case with FT might just be life making him more inactive lately. I got some stuff going on today myself but I'll try my best to stay engaged. I also thought I had a way to distinguish Mafia from town based on the theme but Rosalie's character threw a wrench in that.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2016 11:31:19 PM
I have to sort some things out. I'm in 3 games, so gimmie a minute.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
ObiWan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2016 11:47:25 PM
At 2/20/2016 9:21:48 PM, TheFlex wrote:
I agree with VoT's reads thus far but the case with FT might just be life making him more inactive lately.

While I think this is to some extent true, even the few posts he did offer last dp weren't very helpful. I think we give him some time today to try and be more active and then reevaluate later.

I got some stuff going on today myself but I'll try my best to stay engaged. I also thought I had a way to distinguish Mafia from town based on the theme but Rosalie's character threw a wrench in that.

What was your idea? Maybe we can expand on it.
ObiWan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2016 11:49:37 PM
Also I'd like to hear from vaar soon as Kier posted absolutely nothing yesterday. After last night the only person I'm really reading as town is Flex and we need to start narrowing things down.
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 1:34:51 AM
At 2/20/2016 11:47:25 PM, ObiWan wrote:
I agree with VoT's reads thus far but the case with FT might just be life making him more inactive lately.

While I think this is to some extent true, even the few posts he did offer last dp weren't very helpful. I think we give him some time today to try and be more active and then reevaluate later.

I got some stuff going on today myself but I'll try my best to stay engaged. I also thought I had a way to distinguish Mafia from town based on the theme but Rosalie's character threw a wrench in that.

Them common thing I saw between my character and Hayd was that in our respective character's beginner games both were games where Mafia won and our roles came from the mafia's roles. Fire's role wasn't even in his beginner's game and same with Rosalie which threw the wrench in that theory. Also, that showed Popular isn't town exclusive. So Hayd could still be scum.
Bob13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 1:43:14 AM
At 2/21/2016 1:34:51 AM, TheFlex wrote:

Them common thing I saw between my character and Hayd was that in our respective character's beginner games both were games where Mafia won and our roles came from the mafia's roles. Fire's role wasn't even in his beginner's game and same with Rosalie which threw the wrench in that theory. Also, that showed Popular isn't town exclusive. So Hayd could still be scum.

Hayd was killed last NP.
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 1:44:20 AM
At 2/21/2016 1:43:14 AM, Bob13 wrote:
At 2/21/2016 1:34:51 AM, TheFlex wrote:

Hayd was killed last NP.

Totally slipped my mind. Typing this up after dinner and drinks.
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 1:48:33 AM
I'm honestly thinking a mass character name claim might be the way to go so we can compare and contrast.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 4:29:34 AM
At 2/21/2016 1:48:33 AM, TheFlex wrote:
I'm honestly thinking a mass character name claim might be the way to go so we can compare and contrast.

Not yet. If we fail to catch scum this DP, then do it.
Suh dude

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 4:30:30 AM
At 2/21/2016 1:38:17 AM, TheFlex wrote:
I could've missed something though so look that over for me.

I am thinking you were onto something there. Keep looking int it. I will too if I have the time.
Suh dude

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 4:32:35 AM
At 2/20/2016 3:48:47 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
btw Lannan is town.

Totally missed this. Explain this. Don't just say so and leave it hanging.
Suh dude