Total Posts:195|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Beginners' Mafia 43.3: DP3

bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 5:51:15 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
DIED LAST DP

FT - You are GAME 24.3. Because poker faces and party games all require us to channel our inner thespian, you are the ACTRESS. Each night you may target another player. You will learn their role. Additionally, until you target another player, you will appear, upon investigation and death, to have the role and affiliation of the person you last targeted. You win with the mafia.

GRAVEYARD

Fire - Game 40.3, Ninja - Mafia
Hayd - Game 21.3, Popular - Town
Rosalie - Game 38.3, Doctor - Town
FT - Game 24.3, Actress - Mafia

LIVING PLAYERS

Vaar (Kier)
Flex
Obi
Geo (Bob)
Lannan
Voice (Tej)

With 6 players alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch.
The DP ends at noon, Central Time, on 2/24/16.


Good luck!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 5:52:08 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
ATTENTION

Geo has replaced Bob.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Vaarka
Posts: 7,540
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 5:57:27 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
So...wait. Do we have three mafia? There are only 6 of us left.

Also, VTL Obi. The DP ended before I really got to see what I wanted.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
TheFlex
Posts: 1,745
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 6:00:53 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 5:57:27 PM, Vaarka wrote:
So...wait. Do we have three mafia? There are only 6 of us left.

Also, VTL Obi. The DP ended before I really got to see what I wanted.

That's been the set-up thus far. 3 mafia. We've lynched two, so should just be one left. Should we mass claim this time so that we can figure out the theme or are we safe enough we don't need to worry about it?
TheFlex
Posts: 1,745
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 6:01:32 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Also, since there was no night-kill I'm willing to bet the mafia player has been someone inactive.
Vaarka
Posts: 7,540
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 6:02:04 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 6:00:53 PM, TheFlex wrote:
At 2/22/2016 5:57:27 PM, Vaarka wrote:
So...wait. Do we have three mafia? There are only 6 of us left.

Also, VTL Obi. The DP ended before I really got to see what I wanted.

That's been the set-up thus far. 3 mafia. We've lynched two, so should just be one left. Should we mass claim this time so that we can figure out the theme or are we safe enough we don't need to worry about it?

I don't think a full claim is needed yet.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Geographia
Posts: 1,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 6:06:25 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 6:01:32 PM, TheFlex wrote:
Also, since there was no night-kill I'm willing to bet the mafia player has been someone inactive.

Unlikely. Bsh would have replaced the mafia or killed for the mafia.

Mass full claiming might be a good idea if there is only one anti-town left.
Vaarka
Posts: 7,540
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 6:10:51 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 6:02:07 PM, TheFlex wrote:
Bob(Geo now) or Lannan, that is.

FT did say lannan was town, and FT was the actress, which means he figured out lannan's role. Whether or not he was right, though, isn't confirmed. FT can figure out their role, not their affiliation. Plus, FT was scum, so there's that.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
TheFlex
Posts: 1,745
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 6:13:19 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 6:10:51 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:02:07 PM, TheFlex wrote:
Bob(Geo now) or Lannan, that is.

FT did say lannan was town, and FT was the actress, which means he figured out lannan's role. Whether or not he was right, though, isn't confirmed. FT can figure out their role, not their affiliation. Plus, FT was scum, so there's that.

FT already knew he was town/TP though. We can take the comment, "Lannan was town.", either way. He's protecting Lannan since Lannan is scum or he was just stating something he knew to make it look like a read. Which do you think it is?
Vaarka
Posts: 7,540
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 6:13:25 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 6:11:01 PM, TheFlex wrote:
Town Win:
http://www.debate.org... (Rosalie's character)

Mafia Win:
http://www.debate.org... (Hayd's character)
http://www.debate.org... (Bob's character)
http://www.debate.org... (VoT's character)

TP Win/Joint-Win:
http://www.debate.org... (Fire's character)

Re-pasting from previous game thread.

I doubt the affiliation that won has anything to do with it, especially considering how many games I've seen mafia win in this series.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Vaarka
Posts: 7,540
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 6:15:30 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 6:13:19 PM, TheFlex wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:10:51 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:02:07 PM, TheFlex wrote:
Bob(Geo now) or Lannan, that is.

FT did say lannan was town, and FT was the actress, which means he figured out lannan's role. Whether or not he was right, though, isn't confirmed. FT can figure out their role, not their affiliation. Plus, FT was scum, so there's that.

FT already knew he was town/TP though. We can take the comment, "Lannan was town.", either way. He's protecting Lannan since Lannan is scum or he was just stating something he knew to make it look like a read. Which do you think it is?

Probably to make it look like a read, though I don't scum read lannan either. At most, he's null. The only scum read I have is on Obi.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 6,542
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 6:21:58 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 6:06:25 PM, Geographia wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:01:32 PM, TheFlex wrote:
Also, since there was no night-kill I'm willing to bet the mafia player has been someone inactive.

Unlikely. Bsh would have replaced the mafia or killed for the mafia.

No. That has never happened regardless of activity.


Mass full claiming might be a good idea if there is only one anti-town left.

No. It is too easy for scum to fake a claim.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 6,542
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 6:25:00 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Town Win:
http://www.debate.org... (Rosalie's character)

Mafia Win:
http://www.debate.org... (Hayd's character)
http://www.debate.org... (Bob's character)
http://www.debate.org... (VoT's character)
http://www.debate.org... (FT's character)

TP Win/Joint-Win:
http://www.debate.org... (Fire's character)
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 6,542
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 6:26:26 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 6:01:32 PM, TheFlex wrote:
Also, since there was no night-kill I'm willing to bet the mafia player has been someone inactive.

+1

I am really thinking Bob, since he didn't hammer obvious scum until I asked. Twice. I think it was a bussing by Bob. So:

VTL Geo
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
TheFlex
Posts: 1,745
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 6:30:48 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 6:26:26 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:01:32 PM, TheFlex wrote:
Also, since there was no night-kill I'm willing to bet the mafia player has been someone inactive.

+1

I am really thinking Bob, since he didn't hammer obvious scum until I asked. Twice. I think it was a bussing by Bob. So:

VTL Geo

Not that I don't agree with you but that would make Bob scum in all three games. Seems kinda unlikely.
Geographia
Posts: 1,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 6:31:31 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 6:21:58 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:06:25 PM, Geographia wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:01:32 PM, TheFlex wrote:
Also, since there was no night-kill I'm willing to bet the mafia player has been someone inactive.

Unlikely. Bsh would have replaced the mafia or killed for the mafia.

No. That has never happened regardless of activity.


Mass full claiming might be a good idea if there is only one anti-town left.

No. It is too easy for scum to fake a claim.

But it would be poor form on Bsh's part to let there be no NK. Its one thing not to read/post, but not putting in your actions? Damn son, you must be hella busy.

Also, unless, there is more to the mafia, there really isn't a reason not to full claim. But as I type this, the more I get apathetic about it.
Vaarka
Posts: 7,540
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 6:37:45 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 6:31:31 PM, Geographia wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:21:58 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:06:25 PM, Geographia wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:01:32 PM, TheFlex wrote:
Also, since there was no night-kill I'm willing to bet the mafia player has been someone inactive.

Unlikely. Bsh would have replaced the mafia or killed for the mafia.

No. That has never happened regardless of activity.


Mass full claiming might be a good idea if there is only one anti-town left.

No. It is too easy for scum to fake a claim.

But it would be poor form on Bsh's part to let there be no NK. Its one thing not to read/post, but not putting in your actions? Damn son, you must be hella busy.
It's also completely possible that the mafia waived their NK, though I don't see a reason for why they would.

Also, unless, there is more to the mafia, there really isn't a reason not to full claim. But as I type this, the more I get apathetic about it.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
TheFlex
Posts: 1,745
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 6:38:29 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
I think a mass claim is still a good idea cause we can put our roles and actions together to hammer out the last scum. If everyone's not on board with it though we can wait it out till next DP.
Vaarka
Posts: 7,540
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 6:41:06 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 6:30:48 PM, TheFlex wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:26:26 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:01:32 PM, TheFlex wrote:
Also, since there was no night-kill I'm willing to bet the mafia player has been someone inactive.

+1

I am really thinking Bob, since he didn't hammer obvious scum until I asked. Twice. I think it was a bussing by Bob. So:

VTL Geo

Not that I don't agree with you but that would make Bob scum in all three games. Seems kinda unlikely.

It's unlikely, but possible. I think it happened in a recent beginner game, where one of the players was mafia in all three games. That, and bsh always says he randomizes these kind of things (which everyone seems to forget every other DP).
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
TheFlex
Posts: 1,745
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 6:44:16 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 6:41:06 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:30:48 PM, TheFlex wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:26:26 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 2/22/2016 6:01:32 PM, TheFlex wrote:
Also, since there was no night-kill I'm willing to bet the mafia player has been someone inactive.

+1

I am really thinking Bob, since he didn't hammer obvious scum until I asked. Twice. I think it was a bussing by Bob. So:

VTL Geo

Not that I don't agree with you but that would make Bob scum in all three games. Seems kinda unlikely.

It's unlikely, but possible. I think it happened in a recent beginner game, where one of the players was mafia in all three games. That, and bsh always says he randomizes these kind of things (which everyone seems to forget every other DP).

I have no doubt Bsh randomizes it b/c I wouldn't make Bob scum after the first game.
TheFlex
Posts: 1,745
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 6:49:12 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 6:42:15 PM, Geographia wrote:
Doc is dead. Unless there was a BP, there should be a NK.

Fvck it. I'm full claiming. I'm vig.

Character name?
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 6:50:36 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
VOTE COUNT

Obi (1/4) - Vaar
Voice (1/4) - Voice
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 6:50:54 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 6:50:36 PM, bsh1 wrote:
VOTE COUNT

Obi (1/4) - Vaar
Geo (1/4) - Voice

Fix'd
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...