Beginners' Mafia 44.x: SIGN-UPS

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 7:56:07 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Welcome to DDO's Mafia University!

Don't know what Mafia is? Have a little knowledge but want to improve? Need practice? Then this is for you!

**Important** Changes have been made to the beginners' series, so please note that the format of the series will be different from previous series.

Mafia University is a two-game crash course on how to play mafia. Both of the games will teach you specific skills involved in mafia, leaving you with the tools you'll need to be a fierce mafia player. Here is the curriculum:

Game One: Scumhunting
Game Two: Theme & Role Madness

Both of these games will be balanced. The first game will use the Matrix 6 setup--for more information, see http://wiki.mafiascum.net.... The second game will be a themed role-madness game, much like the majority of regular games here on DDO. The goal is for you to develop your essential scumhunting skills in a more distilled environment first, and then to apply them in a regular mafia setting.

Note: New players--if you are not already my friend, please send me a friend request. It makes communicating and sending PMs easier.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 7:56:44 PM
SIGN-UPS

I'm looking for (ideally) 6 new players and 3 ringers, but anywhere from 5-7 newbies and 2-4 ringers is also acceptable. I reserve the right to decide who counts as a newbie or a ringer.

New Players:

Ringers:

Replacements (open to all, preference given to new players):
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 8:52:19 PM
I'll be a ringer. I assume FT and F16 will also be ringers.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 8:53:03 PM
At 2/24/2016 8:52:19 PM, bsh1 wrote:
I'll be a ringer. I assume FT and F16 will also be ringers.

Actually, nvm...I can't. Forgot I am about to have 3 debates ongoing.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 9:02:39 PM
New Players:

Ringers:
1. F-16

famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 9:03:48 PM
At 2/24/2016 7:56:44 PM, Sapphique wrote:
SIGN-UPS

I'm looking for (ideally) 6 new players and 3 ringers, but anywhere from 5-7 newbies and 2-4 ringers is also acceptable. I reserve the right to decide who counts as a newbie or a ringer.

New Players:
1. Famousdebater

Ringers:

I'm kind of new. I've played mafia twice but the first time I was pretty much completely inactive throughout the whole thing. So I guess I classify as a new player.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 9:09:35 PM
At 2/24/2016 9:02:39 PM, Sapphique wrote:
New Players:
1. famousdebater

Ringers:
1. F-16

Geographia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 9:45:14 PM
New Players:
1. famousdebater
2. Geo

Ringers:
1. F-16

ObiWan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 10:06:28 PM
1. famousdebater
2. Geo
3. Obi

Ringers:
1. F-16

These are not the droids you're looking for.
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 10:07:23 PM
At 2/24/2016 10:06:28 PM, ObiWan wrote:
1. famousdebater
2. Geo
3. Obi
4. Rosalie

Ringers:
1. F-16

" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
Torton
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 10:20:08 PM
At 2/24/2016 10:07:23 PM, Rosalie wrote:
1. famousdebater
2. Geo
3. Obi
4. Rosalie
5. Torton

Ringers:
1. F-16

jamesfranco87
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 10:20:28 PM
1. famousdebater
2. Geo
3. Obi
4. Rosalie
5. jamesfranco87

Ringers:
1. F-16

I've played mafia on other sites, so ill give this one a shot.
Torton
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 10:27:48 PM
At 2/24/2016 10:20:28 PM, jamesfranco87 wrote:
1. famousdebater
2. Geo
3. Obi
4. Rosalie
5. Torton
6. jamesfranco87

Ringers:
1. F-16

I've played mafia on other sites, so ill give this one a shot.
Gee, that's for taking my spot.
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 10:42:28 PM
New Players:
1. famousdebater
2. Geo
3. Obi
4. Rosalie
5. Torton
6. jamesfranco87

Ringers:
1. F-16

FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 11:11:26 PM
I'm in.

No offense to some of the folks who have signed up, but I don't think you should be signing up if you've played through a series already or have played through a few regular games. There may be players around who haven't played at all, and it seems kinda unfair to take a spot away from those players. At least wait to see if there is interest from total noobs before filling up the signups.
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 11:13:43 PM
Scratch me out--I forgot I won't be in the states and will be extremely busy.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 11:14:32 PM
At 2/24/2016 10:42:28 PM, Sapphique wrote:
New Players:
1. famousdebater
2. Geo
3. Obi
5. Torton
6. jamesfranco87

Ringers:
1. F-16

Tenebris_Sanguinis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 11:33:06 PM
At 2/24/2016 11:14:32 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 2/24/2016 10:42:28 PM, Sapphique wrote:
New Players:
1. famousdebater
2. Geo
3. Obi
5. Torton
6. jamesfranco87

Ringers:
1. F-16

1. Tenebris_Sanguinis
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 11:35:15 PM
o/

/in :3
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2016 1:48:30 AM
New Players:
1. famousdebater
2. Geo
3. Obi
4. Torton
5. jamesfranco87

Ringers:
1. F-16
2. FT

1. TheFlex
2. Tenebris_Sanguinis
3. Vaar (putting you here for now; if no complete newbies show up I can put you in)

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2016 2:54:48 AM
At 2/25/2016 1:48:30 AM, Sapphique wrote:
New Players:
1. famousdebater
2. Geo
3. Obi
4. Torton
5. jamesfranco87

Ringers:
1. F-16
2. FT

1. TheFlex
2. Tenebris_Sanguinis
3. Vaar (putting you here for now; if no complete newbies show up I can put you in)

I can be a replacement. I have done about 10 games, but I still don't count myself as a ringer. My scumhunting could use some work. :P
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
TeddytheKid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2016 3:17:43 AM
I would be interested in giving this a try if there's space. I have a few games on Epic Mafia under my belt, but I'm still very much a newbie to this game.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2016 3:22:48 AM
New Players:
1. famousdebater
2. Geo
3. Obi
4. Torton
5. jamesfranco87
6. TeddytheKid

Ringers:
1. F-16
2. FT

1. TheFlex
2. Tenebris_Sanguinis
3. Vaar
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2016 3:45:14 AM
1. famousdebater
2. Geo
3. Obi
4. Torton
5. jamesfranco87
6. TeddytheKid

Ringers:
1. F-16
2. FT
3. Skepsikyma

1. TheFlex
2. Tenebris_Sanguinis
3. Vaar
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2016 3:50:09 AM
New Players:
1. famousdebater
2. Geo
3. Obi
4. Torton
5. jamesfranco87
6. TeddytheKid

Ringers:
1. F-16
2. FT
3. Skepsikyma

1. TheFlex
2. Tenebris_Sanguinis
3. Vaar
4. VOT

SIGN-UPS ARE NOW CLOSED

The game will go up sometime tomorrow.

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2016 9:40:19 PM
ATTENTION
Jamesfranco87 is unable to play due to time limitations. His spot has been filled by Tenebris_Sanguinis. The updated playerlist is as follows:

New Players:
1. famousdebater
2. Geo
3. Obi
4. Torton
5. Tenebris_Sanguinis
6. TeddytheKid

Ringers:
1. F-16
2. FT
3. Skepsikyma

1. TheFlex
2. Vaar
3. VOT

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2016 10:02:26 PM
Role PMs will be sent out soon. I probably won't post DP1 till I get home this evening after my concert.