Total Posts:10|Showing Posts:1-10
Jump to topic:

Pokemon Sun and Moon Confirmed

Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 4:37:17 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
In 2016 Pokemon Sun and Moon will be made available worldwide (with a not so subtle attempt to enter the Chinese gaming market included). Apparently this will be Generation VII, though Nintendo did not actually showcase any new Pokemon in the Pokemon Direct announcement.
Through?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 4:37:50 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Also, it will be for the 3DS (bummer).
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 9:09:53 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/26/2016 5:13:24 PM, Geographia wrote:
At 2/26/2016 4:37:50 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Also, it will be for the 3DS (bummer).

What's wrong with the 3DS?

I was hoping that the Generation VII graphics would be better than Generation VI.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Torton
Posts: 988
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 9:18:06 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/26/2016 9:09:53 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 2/26/2016 5:13:24 PM, Geographia wrote:
At 2/26/2016 4:37:50 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Also, it will be for the 3DS (bummer).

What's wrong with the 3DS?

I was hoping that the Generation VII graphics would be better than Generation VI.
I mean, there's already been a huge leap in graphical fidelity from W2/B2 to X and Y.

Just compare this: https://i.ytimg.com...
To this: http://www.gameranx.com...
SolonKR
Posts: 4,041
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2016 12:27:15 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/26/2016 9:09:53 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

Apparently, the only console that Nintendo is developing currently is both a handheld and a console (I have no idea how that's going to work, so don't ask), so there's not going to be any leap in graphics for a while. I'm a bit surprised that someone cares about graphics on a Nintendo console, though--they've not done a graphically advanced console since the N64.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
SolonKR
Posts: 4,041
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2016 12:28:44 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
In any case, if the games really are a combination of previous generations somehow (I've heard lots of speculation about that), or offer something really cool, I'm totally going to pick one up. I skipped OR/AS, so my Pokemon itch is growing again.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2016 5:50:02 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/26/2016 4:37:17 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
In 2016 Pokemon Sun and Moon will be made available worldwide (with a not so subtle attempt to enter the Chinese gaming market included). Apparently this will be Generation VII, though Nintendo did not actually showcase any new Pokemon in the Pokemon Direct announcement.
Through?

Hell yeah, I'm ready for this. I haven't been a fan of the last 3 generations. Specifically, the look of the Pokemon just really felt off and forced and in general it all felt generic. The idea that these new games will be more inclusive across generations excites me. I haven't played the latest games since I was so put off, so I'll get to experience a pretty substantial graphical upgrade from my last exposure.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2016 5:56:04 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/27/2016 5:50:02 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 2/26/2016 4:37:17 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
In 2016 Pokemon Sun and Moon will be made available worldwide (with a not so subtle attempt to enter the Chinese gaming market included). Apparently this will be Generation VII, though Nintendo did not actually showcase any new Pokemon in the Pokemon Direct announcement.
Thoughts?

Hell yeah, I'm ready for this. I haven't been a fan of the last 3 generations. Specifically, the look of the Pokemon just really felt off and forced and in general it all felt generic. The idea that these new games will be more inclusive across generations excites me. I haven't played the latest games since I was so put off, so I'll get to experience a pretty substantial graphical upgrade from my last exposure.

Yeah, but the graphics are going look almost identical to X and Y. I was hoping that by the time Gen. VII came out there would've been a successor console to the 3ds for the game to be played on. For some reason X and Y's graphics really tee me off.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2016 5:59:10 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/27/2016 5:56:04 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 2/27/2016 5:50:02 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 2/26/2016 4:37:17 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
In 2016 Pokemon Sun and Moon will be made available worldwide (with a not so subtle attempt to enter the Chinese gaming market included). Apparently this will be Generation VII, though Nintendo did not actually showcase any new Pokemon in the Pokemon Direct announcement.
Thoughts?

Hell yeah, I'm ready for this. I haven't been a fan of the last 3 generations. Specifically, the look of the Pokemon just really felt off and forced and in general it all felt generic. The idea that these new games will be more inclusive across generations excites me. I haven't played the latest games since I was so put off, so I'll get to experience a pretty substantial graphical upgrade from my last exposure.

Yeah, but the graphics are going look almost identical to X and Y. I was hoping that by the time Gen. VII came out there would've been a successor console to the 3ds for the game to be played on. For some reason X and Y's graphics really tee me off.

This is speculation, but apparently the new console is supposed to utilize a kind of Internet buffering which improves performance based on the number of other ideal consoles connected to servers while you are playing. This could potentially improve graphical output (think added effects that could be on or off depending on the availability of other resources). This is based on some patents Nintendo took out that appear to be related to the new console.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...