Total Posts:123|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Beginners" Mafia 44.1: DP2

Sapphique
Posts: 4,110
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 2:37:15 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
LYNCHED LAST DP

Torton - You are a Goon. You have no special abilities. You win with the Mafia.

DIED IN THE NIGHT

No one.

GRAVEYARD

Torton - Mafia Goon

LIVING PLAYERS

1. famousdebater
2. Geographia
3. ObiWan
4. Tenebris_Sanguinis
5. TeddytheKid
6. F-16_Fighting_Falcon
7. FourTrouble
8. Skepsikyma

With 8 players alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.
The DP ends in 72 hours, or at 9:40 pm, EST, on 3/3/16.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Sapphique
Posts: 4,110
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 2:38:28 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
I forgot about giving time checks last DP, so this time I'll try to do that.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 2:56:08 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
Alright Skep, there are only nine pages of DP1 content which should be an easy read and a scumflip to draw information from. I'd like to hear your thoughts and reads.

If not Skep, I'm thinking the remaining mafia is probably famousdebater.

It's not FT, it's not Tenebris, it's not Obi. I don't think it's Geo. All of my townreads voted Torton and that re-inforces my reads where they were weak before (Geo). So, I think one of the people who didn't vote Torton are probably our remaining mafia.

For me, that leaves TheFlex/Teddy, famousdebater, and Skep. Torton's sudden last minute scumread of Skep makes me second-guess my Skep scumread. It seemed like an opportunistic jump. It's possible he just decided to scumread his buddy before he got lynched to confuse us though so it's not telling. I'll re-read the thread and closely analyze Flex, Famous, and Skep.
Geographia
Posts: 1,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 3:57:39 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At this point, we should just lynch Skep. Unless he is a power role, there really isn't a reason to lynch, given that we got mafia and there wasn't a NK.

This leads me to believe that

1) There is a Jailkeeper
If so, he should out.
2) There was a doc save.

I ask the power roles to out.
Geographia
Posts: 1,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 3:58:18 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/1/2016 3:57:39 AM, Geographia wrote:
At this point, we should just lynch Skep. Unless he is a power role, there really isn't a reason to not lynch, given that we got mafia and there wasn't a NK.

This leads me to believe that

1) There is a Jailkeeper
If so, he should out.
2) There was a doc save.

I ask the power roles to out.
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,757
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 5:30:37 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
No need to out roles. Or to blindly waste lynches just because we're doing well so far. The game isn't over until it's over. We should play our best until the very end.

Let's hear from Skep. If he's town, lynch Famous.
ObiWan
Posts: 732
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 6:07:44 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
VTL Skep

let's get some pressure going. I'm just leaving uni now will pay more when I'm home.
These are not the droids you're looking for.
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 6:32:47 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/28/2016 5:14:12 PM, TheFlex wrote:
If y'all really want me to prove I'm not part of some Skep/Flex scum duo I'll hammer him.

This seems, to me, to be very scummy. I came very close to being lynched, and this seems like a way to distance himself from my lynch and to avoid the lynch swinging to Torton, as it eventually did, which is what I assume the other scum players must have been aiming for at the close of last DP.

To find scum, look at the people who tried to redirect the lynch away from Torton, then bussed him when it seemed inevitable. They probably also hopped on my wagon during the rest of the DP in innocuous ways.

I'm pretty sure that Teddy is solidly town at this point. I don't think that Torton would have brought suspicion on a town-read, noob scummate as he did. Rereading again...
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 6:39:26 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
FT and F-16 talked down my lynch and redirected it on to Torton, even though they could have easily gone ahead with killing me. They also strongly townread each other, so they're definitely town. This means that the scum team is completely unadvised, and the new players will likely have made several glaring tactical errors.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 6:57:08 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
Famousdebater backs off of FT in a way that I find shady in http://www.debate.org...

Then this non-commital vote on me which exculpates him when I flip: http://www.debate.org...

Then this, with no real reasoning behind it:
http://www.debate.org...

I don't like famous or flex at the moment, but I don't think that all three of them are scum because of their interactions near the close of last DP. Noob scum wouldn't normally banter that much in my experience, and some of the suspicion between flex and famous feels real to me. If Flex is scum he's very sophisticated for a beginner, so I think that I'd prefer to pressure famous for now.

VTL famousdebater
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
ObiWan
Posts: 732
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 9:16:18 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/1/2016 3:57:39 AM, Geographia wrote:
At this point, we should just lynch Skep. Unless he is a power role, there really isn't a reason to lynch, given that we got mafia and there wasn't a NK.

This leads me to believe that

1) There is a Jailkeeper
If so, he should out.
2) There was a doc save.

I ask the power roles to out.

1x Bulletproof could have also used their role successfully.

Why should the power roles out? All that would do is give mafia a free night kill target if we mislynch. There's no point in doing it to try and catch scum, there's too many vanilla in this game and even if scum try to claim a power role against someone else we have enough of a numerical advantage that we can just afford to lynch both people anyway.

The only reason I can see for outing now is if a cop got a guilty result or a tracker got a positive result.
These are not the droids you're looking for.
ObiWan
Posts: 732
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 9:21:58 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
Torton flipping scum completely cements that FT is town as he was the first to really suggest that we lynch Torton instead of Skep. F-16 then taking the idea and casting the first vote, as well as the facts that he was actively suspicious of Torton earlier and FT has consistently town read him solidifies my town read on him.

That means scum is one of Skep, Tenebris, Geo, Famous and Flex. I don't think it's Tenebris and I also don't think it's Geo so my opinion would be that we focus on Skep, Flex and Famous today.
These are not the droids you're looking for.
Tenebris_Sanguinis
Posts: 77
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 2:51:27 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/1/2016 6:32:47 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 2/28/2016 5:14:12 PM, TheFlex wrote:
If y'all really want me to prove I'm not part of some Skep/Flex scum duo I'll hammer him.

This seems, to me, to be very scummy. I came very close to being lynched, and this seems like a way to distance himself from my lynch and to avoid the lynch swinging to Torton, as it eventually did, which is what I assume the other scum players must have been aiming for at the close of last DP.

To find scum, look at the people who tried to redirect the lynch away from Torton, then bussed him when it seemed inevitable. They probably also hopped on my wagon during the rest of the DP in innocuous ways.

I'm pretty sure that Teddy is solidly town at this point. I don't think that Torton would have brought suspicion on a town-read, noob scummate as he did. Rereading again...

So is Teddy town or scum to you? TheFlex replaced in for Teddy, so the first paragraph and the 2nd are somewhat confusing for me.
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 2:54:27 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/1/2016 2:51:27 PM, Tenebris_Sanguinis wrote:
At 3/1/2016 6:32:47 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 2/28/2016 5:14:12 PM, TheFlex wrote:
If y'all really want me to prove I'm not part of some Skep/Flex scum duo I'll hammer him.

This seems, to me, to be very scummy. I came very close to being lynched, and this seems like a way to distance himself from my lynch and to avoid the lynch swinging to Torton, as it eventually did, which is what I assume the other scum players must have been aiming for at the close of last DP.

To find scum, look at the people who tried to redirect the lynch away from Torton, then bussed him when it seemed inevitable. They probably also hopped on my wagon during the rest of the DP in innocuous ways.

I'm pretty sure that Teddy is solidly town at this point. I don't think that Torton would have brought suspicion on a town-read, noob scummate as he did. Rereading again...

So is Teddy town or scum to you? TheFlex replaced in for Teddy, so the first paragraph and the 2nd are somewhat confusing for me.

Lol, I had forgotten that. I think that Saph forgot edit the player list for this DP. Well, that really reinforces my focus on famous.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
TheFlex
Posts: 1,745
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 2:59:20 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
I don't think my comment about hammering Skep is a scum move. I was the only one who didn't jump to the conclusion Skep was scum because of his inactivity. If the town wants me to prove I'm not defending Skep because we're scum partners what better way to do it than to hammer who the town thinks is Mafia?

I'd also like to point out that a number of people are beginning to read Famous as scum when I was the first one to do so.

Additionally, within the three people I wanted to lynch and who I was null on were all people whom town thinks are scum. I stated to lynch among Geo, Famous, and Torton. One of which is now confirmed scum and one of which town is currently suspecting as being the next scum.
TheFlex
Posts: 1,745
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 3:07:54 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/1/2016 6:32:47 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 2/28/2016 5:14:12 PM, TheFlex wrote:
If y'all really want me to prove I'm not part of some Skep/Flex scum duo I'll hammer him.

This seems, to me, to be very scummy. I came very close to being lynched, and this seems like a way to distance himself from my lynch and to avoid the lynch swinging to Torton, as it eventually did, which is what I assume the other scum players must have been aiming for at the close of last DP.

How is this distancing myself from your lynch if I offered to hammer it? I included Torton in my list of people to lynch among.


To find scum, look at the people who tried to redirect the lynch away from Torton, then bussed him when it seemed inevitable. They probably also hopped on my wagon during the rest of the DP in innocuous ways.

I was advocating for a Torton lynch from the start.


I'm pretty sure that Teddy is solidly town at this point. I don't think that Torton would have brought suspicion on a town-read, noob scummate as he did. Rereading again...

Is this post coming from the confusion of me replacing Teddy? Like, you wouldn't have made this post if you'd known beforehand. Also, what is your read on me now?
TheFlex
Posts: 1,745
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 3:10:39 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/1/2016 9:21:58 AM, ObiWan wrote:
Torton flipping scum completely cements that FT is town as he was the first to really suggest that we lynch Torton instead of Skep. F-16 then taking the idea and casting the first vote, as well as the facts that he was actively suspicious of Torton earlier and FT has consistently town read him solidifies my town read on him.

That means scum is one of Skep, Tenebris, Geo, Famous and Flex. I don't think it's Tenebris and I also don't think it's Geo so my opinion would be that we focus on Skep, Flex and Famous today.

I agree with your analysis but why do I read scum?
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 3:16:54 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/1/2016 2:59:20 PM, TheFlex wrote:
I don't think my comment about hammering Skep is a scum move. I was the only one who didn't jump to the conclusion Skep was scum because of his inactivity. If the town wants me to prove I'm not defending Skep because we're scum partners what better way to do it than to hammer who the town thinks is Mafia?

So, you were willing to hammer someone whom you did not scum read in order to build towncred for yourself?

The fact that you were willing to lynch me after arguing against my lynch just to clear yourself of suspicion is what is suspicious.

Now that I know that you're Teddy, I don't think that you're scum as strongly, probably just someone who panicked a bit. But that move wasn't town motivated in the slightest. Town players don't lynch someone whom they do not think is scum in order to make themselves look better. Doing it in a way which gives you plausible deniability when I flip (the town thought he was scum, not me!) seems like a noob scum maneuver.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
TheFlex
Posts: 1,745
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 3:18:26 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Also here are my reads thus far:
Town, without a doubt:
FT - Same reasons from previous DP.
F-16 - ^
ObiWan - His play is much like his previous Beginner's series games where he was Town every game.
Tenebris -Same reasons from previous DP.

Null:
Skep - About to put Skep into a possible town category since his contributions. He's made some good points thus far but I'll leave him here currently.

Possible scum:
Geographia - I might be too hung up on the RVS stage implication from Geo as they pointed out earlier. It could be something trivial I'm sticking on too hard.
Famous - Same reasons as before. Need to see more responses from him.
TheFlex
Posts: 1,745
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 3:48:28 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/1/2016 3:16:54 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 3/1/2016 2:59:20 PM, TheFlex wrote:
I don't think my comment about hammering Skep is a scum move. I was the only one who didn't jump to the conclusion Skep was scum because of his inactivity. If the town wants me to prove I'm not defending Skep because we're scum partners what better way to do it than to hammer who the town thinks is Mafia?

So, you were willing to hammer someone whom you did not scum read in order to build towncred for yourself?

The fact that you were willing to lynch me after arguing against my lynch just to clear yourself of suspicion is what is suspicious.

Now that I know that you're Teddy, I don't think that you're scum as strongly, probably just someone who panicked a bit. But that move wasn't town motivated in the slightest. Town players don't lynch someone whom they do not think is scum in order to make themselves look better. Doing it in a way which gives you plausible deniability when I flip (the town thought he was scum, not me!) seems like a noob scum maneuver.

I disagree that it isn't town-motivated, like, not even in the slightest? The town put you at L-1. The town thought because I was defending you I was scum-buddies with you. Let me prove to town I'm not scum buddies with you by hammering the lynch if that's whom they're going to lynch. Now you're pointing out I did it so that I would come out on top regardless if you were lynched or not. The situation, as you're spinning it, becomes more of a, "Damned if I do, damned if I don't." Right? I looked at the outcome of my situation like this:

A) I hammer you at L-1, without town's opinion > You turn out town > "I didn't plan this, I promise." This is the most obvious scum-tell.

B) I hammer you at L-1, without town's opinion > You turn out scum > "Hey guys, we hammered scum. I know you thought we were scum buddies then because I tried to defend him. We're definitely not though." This builds some credibility with town.

C) I don't hammer and don't even consider the option to do so > I look scummy but not as much as option A.

D) I don't hammer and get town's opinion if I should do so > I'm doing what town believes is the right thing to do. This is the best option to clear the air of the scum-buddy accusation.

I picked D. D is the most town-motivated option to me. If the majority of town thinks you're the scum then I look like scum by not voting you or by not even considering the option to vote for you.
famousdebater
Posts: 3,938
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 4:55:17 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/1/2016 3:18:26 PM, TheFlex wrote:
Famous - Same reasons as before. Need to see more responses from him.

Like what?
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
TheFlex
Posts: 1,745
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 5:01:51 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/1/2016 4:55:17 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 3/1/2016 3:18:26 PM, TheFlex wrote:
Famous - Same reasons as before. Need to see more responses from him.

Like what?

Like, what are some of your reads and what's your response to more people accusing you of scum?
famousdebater
Posts: 3,938
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 5:04:19 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/1/2016 6:57:08 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
Famousdebater backs off of FT in a way that I find shady in http://www.debate.org...

It was the first DP and it was the very beginning of it. I don't see anything suspicious of me not be so definitive of my opinions of debaters at such an early stage in the game.

Then this non-commital vote on me which exculpates him when I flip: http://www.debate.org...

That makes sense. I was applying pressure and if you read my reads then you'd realize that I wasn't particularly confident about anybody being very scummy so the only vote I could really do was one to apply pressure. I wasn't online when everybody flipped to a lynch on Torton so actually you could say that about anybody that voted against you.

Then this, with no real reasoning behind it:
http://www.debate.org...

I was null on Torton originally but since you had no activity applying a bit of pressure was not unjustified.

I don't like famous or flex at the moment, but I don't think that all three of them are scum because of their interactions near the close of last DP. Noob scum wouldn't normally banter that much in my experience, and some of the suspicion between flex and famous feels real to me. If Flex is scum he's very sophisticated for a beginner, so I think that I'd prefer to pressure famous for now.

VTL famousdebater
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
famousdebater
Posts: 3,938
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 5:11:56 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/1/2016 5:01:51 PM, TheFlex wrote:
At 3/1/2016 4:55:17 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 3/1/2016 3:18:26 PM, TheFlex wrote:
Famous - Same reasons as before. Need to see more responses from him.

Like what?

Like, what are some of your reads and what's your response to more people accusing you of scum?

I've made responses to the posts that give reasoning behind it. I've posted my reads in the first DP but I'll give my updated reads in a bit. I might role claim too in a bit.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
famousdebater
Posts: 3,938
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 5:22:54 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Right now I think that The Flex or Skep could be scum. Despite Torton's last minute vote on skep I do believe that this was to mislead us since he already knew that we were suspicious of skep. Skep's inactivity has been annoying though because it doesn't give me a lot to base this read off of.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 6:00:45 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/1/2016 5:04:19 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 3/1/2016 6:57:08 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
Famousdebater backs off of FT in a way that I find shady in http://www.debate.org...

It was the first DP and it was the very beginning of it. I don't see anything suspicious of me not be so definitive of my opinions of debaters at such an early stage in the game.

You weren't be definitive, you were backing off of an intimidating experienced players. This could be due to your inexperience, or to typical noob scum non-confrontationalism.

Then this non-commital vote on me which exculpates him when I flip: http://www.debate.org...

That makes sense. I was applying pressure and if you read my reads then you'd realize that I wasn't particularly confident about anybody being very scummy so the only vote I could really do was one to apply pressure. I wasn't online when everybody flipped to a lynch on Torton so actually you could say that about anybody that voted against you.

You specifically endorsed a lynch of me over Torton when it was proposed because you thought that I was more scummy, as my next quote demonstrated. Now you are lying.

Then this, with no real reasoning behind it:
http://www.debate.org...

I was null on Torton originally but since you had no activity applying a bit of pressure was not unjustified.

You interpret that as 'applying pressure'? Because it looks an awful lot like an attempt to lynch me over Torton to me.

FT asked if we should lynch Torton instead, and you replied that I seemed more scummy to you. It's pretty clear cut.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
famousdebater
Posts: 3,938
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 6:52:08 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/1/2016 6:00:45 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 3/1/2016 5:04:19 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 3/1/2016 6:57:08 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
Famousdebater backs off of FT in a way that I find shady in http://www.debate.org...

It was the first DP and it was the very beginning of it. I don't see anything suspicious of me not be so definitive of my opinions of debaters at such an early stage in the game.

You weren't be definitive, you were backing off of an intimidating experienced players. This could be due to your inexperience, or to typical noob scum non-confrontationalism.

I know I wasn't being definitive. That's my point. How can you expect me to be so definitive at such an early stage in the game.

Then this non-commital vote on me which exculpates him when I flip: http://www.debate.org...

That makes sense. I was applying pressure and if you read my reads then you'd realize that I wasn't particularly confident about anybody being very scummy so the only vote I could really do was one to apply pressure. I wasn't online when everybody flipped to a lynch on Torton so actually you could say that about anybody that voted against you.

You specifically endorsed a lynch of me over Torton when it was proposed because you thought that I was more scummy, as my next quote demonstrated. Now you are lying.

In all honesty you were acting more like scum than Torton was at that point. Pretty much everybody agreed upon that at the point that I said it.

Then this, with no real reasoning behind it:
http://www.debate.org...

I was null on Torton originally but since you had no activity applying a bit of pressure was not unjustified.

You interpret that as 'applying pressure'? Because it looks an awful lot like an attempt to lynch me over Torton to me.

A lynch on you applies pressure on you. It's as simple as that.

FT asked if we should lynch Torton instead, and you replied that I seemed more scummy to you. It's pretty clear cut.

No it isn't because there were about 3 others with a vote on you at that point so I don't understand why you are picking me out.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
TheFlex
Posts: 1,745
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 7:32:39 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
VTL famousdebater

Skep pointed out that Famous lied. Also Famous stated, "In all honesty you were acting more like scum than Torton was at that point. Pretty much everybody agreed upon that at the point that I said it." How does Skep act scummy when he wasn't active at all in the first DP? Or is this what you mean, Famous?

I would like to hear other player's opinions on the recent development.
ObiWan
Posts: 732
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 9:00:18 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/1/2016 3:10:39 PM, TheFlex wrote:
At 3/1/2016 9:21:58 AM, ObiWan wrote:
Torton flipping scum completely cements that FT is town as he was the first to really suggest that we lynch Torton instead of Skep. F-16 then taking the idea and casting the first vote, as well as the facts that he was actively suspicious of Torton earlier and FT has consistently town read him solidifies my town read on him.

That means scum is one of Skep, Tenebris, Geo, Famous and Flex. I don't think it's Tenebris and I also don't think it's Geo so my opinion would be that we focus on Skep, Flex and Famous today.

I agree with your analysis but why do I read scum?

It's more a lack of town-read than a scum read. But reading back through the start of last dp torton seems to attack Teddy at every opportunity but then once you replace in it dies down. I'm thinking Torton saw Teddy as a noob he might be able to pressure into seeming scum to get a mislynch and it seems unlikely that he'd go after a noob scum partner THAT hard. Therefore of those three you are the least likely to be scum to me.
These are not the droids you're looking for.